Resident Evil 2 remake possible with fan support

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#101 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

By fan support, they mean "you pay for it to exist, we make it, then you pay to buy it," right?

You hack company.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
If it's as good as REmake then I will be on it.
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Are people actually naive enough to think that it would be exactly like REmake.....and not just simply a Mod for RE6?

lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

if they left those tanks controlls in the game I'd be down I kinda miss them.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

I am going to end up getting a gcube or wii just so I can play the RE1 remake again, such quality.

dxmcat

I already enjoyed it in HD.

RER1.jpg

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Whats the likely hood that if this is made it will be released on the 3DS?! Its the only system to have a good Resident Evil since 0 and Remake. also Capcom have said they wanna put more Resident Evils on the 3DS as Revelations and merc's have been quite popular.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

no...capcom would ruin it...

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="dxmcat"]

I am going to end up getting a gcube or wii just so I can play the RE1 remake again, such quality.

RyviusARC

RER1.jpg

Backgrounds are 640x480 so it doesn't look that crisp.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="RyviusARC"]

[QUOTE="dxmcat"]

nameless12345

RER1.jpg

Backgrounds are 640x480 so it doesn't look that crisp.

I know, right? I wish they would release an HD version of REmake with 16:9 HD renders of the backdrops. :(
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#110 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I would love to see it remade with Revelations gameplay with the survival horror aspect being expended more from that game, through a lot of fans will probably be piss at that. I would support it anyway even if it goes the REmake way as long as it has a unlimited ink ribbons option.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#111 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

It would be cool, but honestly I just wish they'd realize that RE4 is the best for a reason and make games more like that. After they've moved entirely in the wrong direction, terrible inventory, terrible partner AI (though co-op is nice, Dead Space 3 is certainly doing a much better job at handling that from what I hear), MUCH shorter campaign, braindead enemies with guns and just a host of issues that makes me think the creators had no clue what made RE4 so amazing and groundbreaking for the stagnating series.

We don't want RE to become a multi campaign shooter, we want a tense and fun survival experience. Dead Space is a very fun game, Shadows of the Damned also took the formula and had some success, but they're removing the atmosphere, the pacing and the survival for too much action and not enough polish or viscerality.

Still, I'd play an RE2 remake. I didn't care for it back in the day but I feel bad for missing out, so an HD remake would give me a slice of gaming history.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#112 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

why would RE fans want RE2 which is one of the best of the series get ruined by Capcom and their calldutyfication?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#113 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No Capcom, I know for a fact you won't make it.

Because you canceled Megaman Legends 3 because of Fan Support, you won't touch Darkstalkers 4 without Fan Support, what makes you think I'm going to support a Resident Evil 2 Remake when I know it won't materilize when there would be support?

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

I'd be more interested in a new Dino Crisis.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

No Capcom, I know for a fact you won't make it.

Because you canceled Megaman Legends 3 because of Fan Support, you won't touch Darkstalkers 4 without Fan Support, what makes you think I'm going to support a Resident Evil 2 Remake when I know it won't materilize when there would be support?

LegatoSkyheart

Bingo, finally someone gets it right.

Capcom has done this before, numerous times actually and they never bother to make the game. They use these marketing ploys to manipulate the fan base in buying specific products. They did it with DS, countless times with Mega Man, and now this. Dont fall for it folks.

Also, RE2 is the most popular RE game and has been asked for a remake since 2002. It almost came through in 2005 but never materialized because of the change of direction the series was going.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Give me an updated Resident Evil Outbreak 3, with up to date online communication and improved game mechanics.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 OneSanitarium

Capcom has done this before, numerous times actually and they never bother to make the game. They use these marketing ploys to manipulate the fan base in buying specific products. They did it with DS, countless times with Mega Man, and now this. Dont fall for it folks.

mexicangordo

So what are they asking the fans to buy now? I don't see anything. All I see is essentially a hand count for who wants it (at the moment.)

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

OneSanitarium

So what are they asking the fans to buy now? I don't see anything. All I see is essentially a hand count for who wants it (at the moment.)

Dude, RE6 is coming out this freakin week....

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

mexicangordo

Dude, RE6 is coming out this freakin week....

That's entirely irrelevant. Nothing in the article or anything Hirabayashi said could be interpreted as BUY RE6.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#120 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I would go for a remake with the updated camera and controls of the newer REs...

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
isn't that what they said with Megaman Legends 3?