Resident Evil 2 remake possible with fan support

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by OhSnapitz (18714 posts) -

Meh.. Just release an HD remake of the first 3 RE's and package them together..

#52 Posted by Heirren (18921 posts) -
Why not just play the original?
#53 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Nonameless12345

So you rather have crappy action games without the survival horror like Resi 6?

Okay...

What makes you think they won't use the current gameplay if they ever do it???

#54 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Why not just play the original?Heirren

Dated graphics and control...

#55 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17434 posts) -

I don't feel motivated to support remakes of crappy games.

#56 Posted by Heirren (18921 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Why not just play the original?nameless12345

RE4 has dated controls as well. In fact, I'd say RE4 has worse controls than re2--didn't re2 introduce the 180 turn(or was that CV)? Personally I like the graphics. They're good 32bit graphics, from my perspective. Would making Mario World in 1080p make it better? Of course not.
#57 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Why not just play the original?nameless12345

Far from unplayable so... why not just play the original?

#58 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Nope

#59 Posted by silversix_ (16142 posts) -
They forgot how to make RE (looking at every RE after RE4) so they'll spam remakes now... don't want what i played a century ago and learn how to make good RE, Crapcom
#60 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

They forgot how to make RE (looking at every RE after RE4) so they'll spam remakes now... don't want what i played a century ago and learn how to make good RE, Crapcomsilversix_

I think they should just drop it... stop butchering this once great franchise, with both the games and movies, which are pretty much on par now.

#61 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17434 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Why not just play the original?Heirren

RE4 has dated controls as well. In fact, I'd say RE4 has worse controls than re2

Hahaha

#62 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
if its a remake like RE1 for the gamecube then yea, im all for it. i'd much prefer a RE3 remake though
#63 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
Resident Evil 2 is my favorite Resident Evil game, so of course I support a remake. This current RE crap isn't even survival horror anymore.
#64 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

if its a remake like RE1 for the gamecube then yea, im all for it. i'd much prefer a RE3 remake thoughLP4EVA2005

Better yet, make a trilogy REmake and I'm down.

#65 Posted by Heirren (18921 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

JangoWuzHere

RE4 has dated controls as well. In fact, I'd say RE4 has worse controls than re2

Hahaha

It's like going back and playing goldeneye, after years of Halo.
#66 Posted by YuriSH (1803 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 was already a shift towards action game genre, so Capcom should be able to do it fine

#67 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 was already a shift towards action game genre, so Capcom should be able to do it fine

YuriSH
If by action, you mean monsters popping out and scaring you, then yes. If by action, you mean what RE is today, then you are dead wrong and either A) never played the game or B) Don't remember the game as well as you think you do.
#68 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
So long as it doesn't mean a remake with Resident Evil 6's mechanics, then sure.
#69 Posted by Heil68 (47171 posts) -
I'd rather see the first game remade.
#70 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

YuriSH
You mean Resident Evil 3. That game had the choice system, dodging etc... RE2 was just an improved RE1.
#71 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
I'd rather see the first game remade. Heil68
It was already remade on the Gamecube. We don't need another one as that one was a near perfect remake.
#73 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6634 posts) -
So is RE6 really that bad or is it just getting mindless hate?
#74 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
So is RE6 really that bad or is it just getting mindless hate? Capitan_Kid
It depends on what you're expecting going into it. If you're a RE purist, it's pure ****. If you liked RE4 but not RE5, it's average. If you did like RE5 or just TPS Action games then you might like it.
#75 Posted by RR360DD (13045 posts) -
No i want a RE3 remake.TheGuardian03
Nah 2 was much better, heck i'd even rather see CV get a remake before 3.
#76 Posted by Heil68 (47171 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather see the first game remade. FlamesOfGrey
It was already remade on the Gamecube. We don't need another one as that one was a near perfect remake.

ahh, well I never owned the GC, so I didn't know about it. Still, I have many fond memories of the game.
#77 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather see the first game remade. Heil68

ahh, well I never owned the GC, so I didn't know about it. Still, I have many fond memories of the game.

You can find it on the Wii if you own one of those. Capcom should put it on PSN / XBLA along with Zero but Nintendo might still have the rights two those games.
#78 Posted by Fizzman (9884 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Heil68"]I'd rather see the first game remade. Heil68

Go buy a Gamecube for 20 bucks and play REmake.(Or if you really want to waste your cash, get a Wii for 50-60 bucks at GS) Top five game last gen. Still better than RE4/5 and well 6 but that doesnt mean much considering how awful RE6 is going to be.

#79 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]No i want a RE3 remake.RR360DD
Nah 2 was much better, heck i'd even rather see CV get a remake before 3.

Code Veronica deserves it. Gotta agree with you there.
#80 Posted by Crossel777 (5734 posts) -

Lol since when has Capcom ever listened to their fans this generation.. If this ever comes about they'll either turn it into a generic shooter with a cover system or they'll throw it on handhelds because apparently survival horror games don't sell well on HD consoles according to Crapcom.

#81 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

Lol since when has Capcom ever listened to their fans this generation.. If this ever comes about they'll either turn it into a generic shooter with a cover system or they'll throw it on handhelds because apparently survival horror games don't sell well on HD consoles according to Crapcom.

Crossel777
Crapcom just go with whatever sells, and mainstream shooters do. Saying "we'll make a remake with fan support" is another way of saying "we make money from mainstream shooters, so give us just as much money and we'll think about it."
#82 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26884 posts) -

I would just rather have RE go back to what it use to be. Though I wouldint object to buying a remake.

#83 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Why not just play the original?Heirren

RE4 has dated controls as well. In fact, I'd say RE4 has worse controls than re2--didn't re2 introduce the 180 turn(or was that CV)? Personally I like the graphics. They're good 32bit graphics, from my perspective. Would making Mario World in 1080p make it better? Of course not.

Mario World is a simple-looking 2D game and has aged gracefully.

Most 32-bit 3D games have aged like crap in the graphics and control departments.

It's not just about the graphics, it's about making a better game than the original was as well as staying true to the survival horror roots (which is what they achieved with Remake on the GC).

#84 Posted by YuriSH (1803 posts) -

You mean Resident Evil 3. That game had the choice system, dodging etc... RE2 was just an improved RE1.FlamesOfGrey
No, I mean RE2. It was a more action game than RE1. Each sequel gets more actiony

If by action, you mean monsters popping out and scaring you, then yes. If by action, you mean what RE is today, then you are dead wrong and either A) never played the game or B) Don't remember the game as well as you think you do.AmazonTreeBoa

Or maybe, you don't remember the game as well as you think you do. If you played RE1 and RE2, you'll be able to see, hell RE2 development was started because they wanted to make a sequel that is comparable Aliens to Alien. Nothing wrong with it, just stating that it has more action in the game than first.

#85 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

If the fans want it? Just like Megaman Legends 3? ....

#86 Posted by parkurtommo (27701 posts) -

Nah

#87 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
I'm interested to see if it'll turn out in the same style as REmake for the GC
#88 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -
I'm interested to see if it'll turn out in the same style as REmake for the GCLastRambo341
Would love that
#89 Posted by ShyGai (90 posts) -

As much as I would love for this remake to happen, it's not going to be remade in the REmake format. I expect Revelation style gameplay.

#90 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

You're like seven years late, Capcom. Everyone wanted this a year or two after REmake.

#91 Posted by dxmcat (1252 posts) -

I am going to end up getting a gcube or wii just so I can play the RE1 remake again, such quality.

#92 Posted by Chutebox (38284 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Nonameless12345

So you rather have crappy action games without the survival horror like Resi 6?

Okay...

You really don't think they'd butcher it?
#93 Posted by dobzilian (2817 posts) -
should be released on the 3ds if made.
#94 Posted by madsnakehhh (14988 posts) -

If it is like REmake, then i'm all for it.

#95 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
That would be pretty cool.
#96 Posted by AtlanticRock (8125 posts) -

Shinji Mikami worked on the first Remake and he isn't there anymore. I wouldn't want my 3rd best RE game ruined.

chocolate1325

This.

#97 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

I want it but i'm not sure if people from now and days would want it. I can be happy with playing the game over with a couple of new things happening and then play it again 6 months from now and be happy with my purchase... but people from now would probably expect a 10 hour campaign with online and many extras to be worth the buck.. and i can't say i blame them for that.

#98 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] You mean Resident Evil 3. That game had the choice system, dodging etc... RE2 was just an improved RE1.YuriSH

No, I mean RE2. It was a more action game than RE1. Each sequel gets more actiony

If by action, you mean monsters popping out and scaring you, then yes. If by action, you mean what RE is today, then you are dead wrong and either A) never played the game or B) Don't remember the game as well as you think you do.AmazonTreeBoa

Or maybe, you don't remember the game as well as you think you do. If you played RE1 and RE2, you'll be able to see, hell RE2 development was started because they wanted to make a sequel that is comparable Aliens to Alien. Nothing wrong with it, just stating that it has more action in the game than first.

Oh I remember well. So well in fact, I still own my copies of RE directors cut and RE2 and still play them from time to time. It wasn't until three that we started seeing a lean towards more action and a bit less of survival horror.
#99 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

Oh god yes, do want. RE2 was the best in the series.

#100 Posted by lamprey263 (25570 posts) -
Surprised Capcom needs incentive to re-release old games as they seem hellbent on doing it on their own accord. If Capcom considers it just make it a multiplat right off the bat, that way they won't waste valuable time down the road porting it to other systems when they could use that time focusing on new games. Anyhow, Capcom did a good job on the RE5 DLC taking us back to the mansion from the first game, wonder what they could do with RE2.