Remember one thing: Games will be the deciding factor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

Remember one thing all you fanboys: Good exclusive games will always be the deciding factor as to which console does better for a certain gen. As it is right now, XBOX ONE has the better exclusive games; therefore it has been outpacing the PS4 in sales per week (not total sales because the PS4 has been out a week longer). Most people are not stupid, they are not going to buy a console based on brand name alone. Good exclusive games will often be the deciding factor.

I have both the XBOX ONE and PS4 and there is no question that right now XBOX ONE is the console to own because it has better exclusive games.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

It'll end even like last time. Most people will end up with both.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Wait. Say that again please, I don't remember.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Yeah exclusives but dont forget that multiplats will play better on Ps4...:D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

If exclusives are what matter, then Wii U would be the clear winner right now and probably for the rest of the gen if the system manages to stay afloat.... The thing is that it won't have access to all those fantastic 3rd party games the other two systems will get.

IMHO those multiplats completely outnumber and outclass the exclusives either of those other two companies produce and it's multiplats that force my hands to buy a second console every gen. It'll probably be a Sony console again this gen.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Wait. Say that again please, I don't remember.

rofl

@Thunder7151 said:

Remember one thing all you fanboys: Good exclusive games will always be the deciding factor as to which console does better for a certain gen. As it is right now, XBOX ONE has the better exclusive games; therefore it has been outpacing the PS4 in sales per week (not total sales because the PS4 has been out a week longer). Most people are not stupid, they are not going to buy a console based on brand name alone. Good exclusive games will often be the deciding factor.

I have both the XBOX ONE and PS4 and there is no question that right now XBOX ONE is the console to own because it has better exclusive games.

No shit Sherlock. Also, subjective. Another reassurance thread brought to you by yours truly. We missed you Thunder. (sarcasm)

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

If exclusives are what matter, then Wii U would be the clear winner right now and probably for the rest of the gen if the system manages to stay afloat....

I tried 3D world, and it's just as crap as I thought it was.

This is the one generation where Nintendo doesn't have that stigma of the best exclusives, at least not yet. Not only that but not every game they make is golden like people think, not taking anything away from the developers but they get a bit too much credit, nobody's perfect. They're still catching up to the rest of the industry in development because of the Wii.

2014 looks like it could do Wii U some good, Donkey kong in particular looks really great.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

hahahahahaha it gets funnier and funnier, i mean really DR3,FOZA5,RYSE do they justify a $100 price difference, and the fact remains and everyone will agree pretty much, that if we go on last gen alone, we all know that in variety and support and more first party games Sony wins hands down regardless of how many a console has right now, the only reason xbox one has more exclusive was because they ported the last lot of 360 games and paid a lump sum of money to get dead rising 3 exclusive as they did last time, this will all die down and xbox won't have any game left to play next year.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

hahahahahaha it gets funnier and funnier, i mean really DR3,FOZA5,RYSE do they justify a £61.18 price difference, and the fact remains and everyone will agree pretty much, that if we go on last gen alone, we all know that in variety and support and more first party games Sony wins hands down regardless of how many a console has right now, the only reason xbox one has more exclusive was because they ported the last lot of 360 games and paid a lump sum of money to get dead rising 3 exclusive as they did last time, this will all die down and xbox won't have any game left to play next year.

Did you buy a PS4 at launch?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

not really, in the end most the games that will be worth a damn will be multiplatform titles, exclusives have a sort of consequential contributing factor though, they cause fanboys to make a stir that promotes either system and that sways popular opinion on which system to buy, but the games they will buy will largely be multiplatform titles, many exclusives tend to be boring and generic and not nearly worth the hype, but there's still a few that stand out and those can make a difference

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Games are why the xbone is selling well right now and will be why the ps4 will be able to keep its lead in the future.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

Most people are not stupid

Well that's where you're wrong

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yeah i think you wouldn't be saying that if the x1 was stronger....

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I suppose MS should work on getting some more exclusives outside of the usual suspects then.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I don't believe it will end up even like with PS3 vs 360. Sony will win because they are not at the disadvantages that they were; 1 year late, $200 more for 3 years, and hard to develop for. Also MS shot themselves in the foot with showing the gaming world they wanted to implement crappy anti-consumer stuff on X1. Sony is also going to make a big profit this gen and last gen they struggled to make a profit. That will stop MS from being able to buy time exclusive DLC and only DLC for the X1 & also multi-plats will be better on PS4, whereas last gen the 360 had that advantage. The TV service & kinect will not sway people.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@Puckhog04 said:

I suppose MS should work on getting some more exclusives outside of the usual suspects then.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct and D4 to name a few. Sony has Killzone, Infamous and Uncharted as their main exclusives for 2013/2014.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

What's the attach rates looking like so far?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Puckhog04 said:

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct and D4 to name a few. Sony has Killzone, Infamous and Uncharted as their main exclusives for 2013/2014.

Don't forget The Order 1886, Deep Down, and DriveClub are also huge games.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Excluisives are a tiny proportion of good games. Multiplats are far more dominant. PS4 (like 360 last gen), has the superior ones. That gives it a huge edge already.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@clr84651 said:

I don't believe it will end up even like with PS3 vs 360. Sony will win because they are not at the disadvantages that they were; 1 year late, $200 more for 3 years, and hard to develop for. Also MS shot themselves in the foot with showing the gaming world they wanted to implement crappy anti-consumer stuff on X1. Sony is also going to make a big profit this gen and last gen they struggled to make a profit. That will stop MS from being able to buy time exclusive DLC and only DLC for the X1 & also multi-plats will be better on PS4, whereas last gen the 360 had that advantage. The TV service & kinect will not sway people.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Marathon, not a sprint.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Thunder7151 said:

Most people are not stupid

Well that's where you're wrong

I think be meant most people NOT in SW. lol!! He'd be right.

As for the games. XB1 has more released quality exclusives at the moment. If Drive Club & Infamous SS had launched with the PS4 it might be a different story. PS4 will have more exclusives next year, but so with XB1. Multiplats are playing better on PS4 at the moment, just like they did on the XBox 360. As we know, that ain't going to last. Developers will tap into the power of the XB1 and 3rd party games will be looking and playing the same as the PS4 eventually. Just like the PS3. I don't think it'll take 4+ years to do it however.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Exclusives are why I am buying the PS4.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@Puckhog04 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Puckhog04 said:

Don't forget The Order 1886, Deep Down, and DriveClub are also huge games.

Of course they potentially are but the XBox One has an equally good lineup for 2014 with new IPs

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11512 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

If exclusives are what matter, then Wii U would be the clear winner right now and probably for the rest of the gen if the system manages to stay afloat....

I tried 3D world, and it's just as crap as I thought it was.

This is the one generation where Nintendo doesn't have that stigma of the best exclusives, at least not yet. Not only that but not every game they make is golden like people think, not taking anything away from the developers but they get a bit too much credit, nobody's perfect. They're still catching up to the rest of the industry in development because of the Wii.

2014 looks like it could do Wii U some good, Donkey kong in particular looks really great.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying 3D World, but I feel DKCTF will most likely be the better game. Returns is my pick for best platformer last gen and I hope REtro doesn't disappoint with their next.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

When nowdays both consoles and PC share 85-90% of their libraries then more than games alone will decide which will sell better

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Same people who get the Xbox and Playstation will keep their same habits. There might be a slight in one of the consoles. For me, I'll keep the same habits. Ms has won me over by there being Killer Instinct. Plus many more to come.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I buy games consoles based on their merits.

Last gen I was seriously considering getting the Xbox360, but the crappy hardware design and build quality put me off (RROD), even at the time the console was hacked and I didn't even want the hassle even if the games were borrowed... It's a shame because the spec and price was good at the time. Instead I waited until the PS3 was not stupidly horrendous price wise.

This gen it's quite clear the Xbox One suffers a similar fate, crappy design not aimed at me. Why would a buy a system that is not as good hardware wise for more money... I don't care for Kinect or voice controls. I would not even touch the Move crap on PS3 or a Wii for that reason. I just want a games system to play games.

And no matter how long I wait the Xbox One is not going to magically get more powerful so it's game over as a choice for me.

The games are always no.2 to my choice. If the hardware flawed then my whole experience is ruined. Of course I will not buy a system until something that is worth playing is released but it's not a deciding factor.

And no I will never buy two consoles, I don't think I missed much from the Xbox360 anyway, doubt I will miss much from the Xbox One.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12054 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Puckhog04 said:

You are forgetting Kinect Rivals, and also Project Spark.

2014 is going to be a laugher in terms of games between the two systems. Was UC confirmed for 2014?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Yup, and both the new consoles aren't doing a very good job in that department.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Sony first party >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MS first party, therefore, PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>> X1.

No sane person should buy a console based on its launch titles, but on the potential exclusives by looking at the companies first party studios. Also the system that is more powerful since it will provide the better multiplats. Again PS4.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@kuu2 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Puckhog04 said:

You are forgetting Kinect Rivals, and also Project Spark.

2014 is going to be a laugher in terms of games between the two systems. Was UC confirmed for 2014?

It has a late 2014 date but I can't see it coming out until 2015. I gave cows the benefit of the doubt as 2014 is looking awful for them

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@bezza2011 said:

hahahahahaha it gets funnier and funnier, i mean really DR3,FOZA5,RYSE do they justify a £61.18 price difference, and the fact remains and everyone will agree pretty much, that if we go on last gen alone, we all know that in variety and support and more first party games Sony wins hands down regardless of how many a console has right now, the only reason xbox one has more exclusive was because they ported the last lot of 360 games and paid a lump sum of money to get dead rising 3 exclusive as they did last time, this will all die down and xbox won't have any game left to play next year.

Did you buy a PS4 at launch?

Yes and I'll be buying the xbox one end of next year or whenever they slim down that beast which is unnecessary.

But then again the steam box seems like a worthy investment,