Reggie: Wii U chance against X1 and PS4 "Very good"

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Nintendo detractors have to understand that last gen the Wii sold more than 100,000,000 units and Nintendo was very profitable. Sony and Microsoft can't even come close to saying the same. Nintendo is actually the only one still making money right now.

ps2 sold over 150 million. :(

#52 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3270 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Well at least he has a positive attitude.

#53 Posted by brut_fruit (124 posts) -

#54 Posted by getyeryayasout (8526 posts) -

Nintendo made a billion dollars last year in 3DS software/hardware sales. It started out really slowly as well, but when it hit the content to price sweet spot things turned around. I don't know if WiiU stands a chance of selling the most systems or not, but you'll go broke betting against Nintendo. WiiU will be fine.

#55 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26409 posts) -

Maybe Nintendo does have Software lined up for Next Year.

I'm sure we'll know in the January Direct.

#56 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (8173 posts) -

The games are already there. Marketing and public perception of Wii U are still hurting the console.

#57 Posted by getyeryayasout (8526 posts) -

Reggie told the Dorito pope on GTTV that Nintedo wouldn't make the same marketing mistakes in 2014 that they made in 2013 and promised constant advertisements and marketing, admitting that the lack of marketing was a mistake. He also boldly predicted the that three Ninty exclusives, the U versions of Smash, Kart, and Mario 3D World; will all be top ten sellers of all systems despite being on only one system. That's a bold claim.

#58 Edited by m_machine024 (15164 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

@danabo said:

LMAOOOO, OMG im crying over here lmao!

That's the best one! LMAO!

#59 Posted by murray69murray (127 posts) -

This thread and the gifs. Holy shit lol. :lol:

#61 Posted by emgesp (2512 posts) -

I admire Reggie's confidence, but it's over for the Wii U. Put a fork in it, it's toast. It won't even sell as well as the Gamecube.

#62 Edited by freedomfreak (43644 posts) -

Haha, poor Mario. Knack Domination Continuation.

#63 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Gotta love a corporate tool doing nothing but spouting lies that he knows are bullshit...actually, no we dont.

#64 Edited by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

THe Wii-U is an amazing console. It's a shame ninty can't get their shit together with third party devs though.

The Wii-U will be the gamecube of this generation. Have a lot of amazing first party and bought exclusives while the other two just sell wildly like hot cakes.

#65 Posted by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -

Idk about it actually competing with the ps4\xb1, but he is right that software drives hardware sales.

And the wii u has a great lineup for the next 6 months.

#66 Edited by Legend500 (149 posts) -

I want whatever some of Reggies smoking!

#67 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@bbkkristian said:

"Software drives hardware in this business."

I thought so too Reggie, then the PS4 happened.

You mad that knack outsold mario?

He has a point before the PS4 and Xbone console gamers would go on and on about it all about the games, yet anymore every console argument is about the hardware and the games are only used for graphical comparisons.

#68 Edited by Sushiglutton (5542 posts) -

"Stellar software lineup" = one 3D Mario game?

#69 Posted by OhSnapitz (18730 posts) -

#70 Edited by babycakin (1597 posts) -

Gamecube all over again

#71 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7885 posts) -

@Sushiglutton said:

"Stellar software lineup" = one 3D Mario game?

Also a 2D Mario game, a Pikmin game, a Monster Hunter game, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, and Lego City. It's fairly lackluster, but it's amazing in comparison to the other 2 new consoles.

#72 Posted by insanegame377 (392 posts) -

Don't know what Reggie has been smoking tbh. Wii U seems destined to go the way of the Dreamcast to me. The handheld market is Nintendo's strongest point.

#73 Edited by silversix_ (16236 posts) -

Reggie is irrelevant like the company he's working for.

#74 Edited by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@emgesp said:

I admire Reggie's confidence, but it's over for the Wii U. Put a fork in it, it's toast. It won't even sell as well as the Gamecube.

The new SSB will probably sell 9 million and boost it to 15 million or so and be the best selling game just like the gamecube. (Unless the 3DS version takes sales which is unlikely.

#75 Posted by 2Chalupas (5331 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@emgesp said:

The new SSB will probably sell 9 million and boost it to 15 million or so and be the best selling game just like the gamecube. (Unless the 3DS version takes sales which is unlikely.

The game is going to sell 2 times (or 3 times for 15 million) the total number of consoles sold worldwide?

How about no.