Reggie congrats Sony and M$ "But, you need games".

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by charizard1605 (54385 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

He's right, but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others...

No he's not. The consoles launched a couple of weeks ago.

I can say with certainty I believe he is 100% wrong.

He comparing what the Wii U has now to what the PS4/Xbone has right now. In those terms he is right.

But he is also conveniently forgetting his own company's absolute failure to have ANYTHING compelling for the Wii U following its launch through to Pikmin 3, which was in August, a full nine months after launch. In that case, he is being a hypocrite.

Yes, Wii U has better games than Xbox One and PS4 in the here and now, but PS4 and Xbox One will at least be getting multiplats and third party support going forward, Wii U didn't even have that, and Nintendo dropped the ball on its own games completely.

#52 Posted by Animal-Mother (26197 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

He's right, but people who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others...

He comparing what the Wii U has now to what the PS4/Xbone has right now. In those terms he is right.

You're right, but sitting here having a figure head of a company come out and say "you need games" is kind of a moot point. Compared to their system that has had a year to develop.

I have a logical question for you.

If you had a baby A year ago

And than had a new born a year later

Who will be better at motor skills, speech and so on?

#53 Posted by Animal-Mother (26197 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

I meant he is right that games sell hardware, nothing more, nothing less.

The second part of my statement was aimed directly at him and Nintendo's dismal performance in bringing compelling content to the Wii U for its first year.

Ahhh, Ok. I misread your statement and apologize.

#54 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16043 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Hey Reggie...Wii U had a year start and all you did was delay Pikmin...Delay DKC TF....what the hell are you talking about man?

gabe newell would be so proud of him

Gabe doesn't need to delay anything for now, because they have no upcoming games at the moment.

Problem solved.

#55 Edited by SolidTy (41492 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

freedomfreak said:
@Heil68 said:

Knack sold more than Super Mario, I bet that makes Reggie MAD.

Or should we say

CRANKY

hahahaha! Well played.

I don't care about sales, but I think Reggie does, lol.

EDIT: I was beaten to the punch as I waited too long between projects to submit, lol.

#56 Edited by billing (609 posts) -

LOL Wii U

#57 Posted by osirisx3 (1692 posts) -

Lems and cows are quick to call nintendo out on a lack of games. However if you look at the line up for both the ps4 and xone both lines ups are pretty lacking as well. Few games worth playing will be coming out even 6 months down the road.

#58 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4163 posts) -

Is Reggie willing to cover both Microsoft and Sonys losses for prematurely releasing games before there is yet a good install base?

I mean I'm pretty sure both companies would expect their heavy hitters to sell more copies than Wii U units even in existence.

You can't expect good sales numbers off of games when your console itself has only sold a couple million units.

#59 Posted by kuu2 (6786 posts) -

#60 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3766 posts) -

This is why I hated Reggie last gen, He'd always stand there at e3 and tell you how awesome the situation was when it blatantly was not.

Personally, if I owned Wii U, i'd be pissed he just said that. With that big ol grin of his talking about 'they have no games'. YOU HAVE NO GAMES YOU F***** IDIOT, that's the whole problem, that's why the Wii U isn't selling. People aren't sure if they want to buy a brand new system for a handful of games.

It just really bothers me when Reggie specifically waves that marketing spin in peoples faces, he just seems so insincere. Don't tell me i'm happy with this and it's a good situation. And his grin makes it worse, I hate his face when he stands there telling people this.

#61 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

If you want games, stick/buy ps3 or 360 tons of games, can do a lot more, almost same hardware both came out at least 5 years before Wii u and cost a hell of a lot less :)

#62 Posted by LustForSoul (5781 posts) -

At least the Wii-U wasn't rushed like 1 and 4.

#63 Edited by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

At least the Wii-U wasn't rushed like 1 and 4.

Worst comment, ever.

#64 Posted by superbuuman (2516 posts) -

Sometimes Reggie should just keeps his mouth shut, this was one of those time, what a dumb thing to say. :P

#65 Edited by PsychoLemons (1910 posts) -

O_o

#66 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16459 posts) -

Nintendo's Reggie congratulates PS4, Xbox One launch, but says 'you need games'

Pot kettle.

#67 Posted by hiphops_savior (7670 posts) -

@HarlockJC said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

But he is also conveniently forgetting his own company's absolute failure to have ANYTHING compelling for the Wii U following its launch through to Pikmin 3, which was in August, a full nine months after launch. In that case, he is being a hypocrite.

Yes, Wii U has better games than Xbox One and PS4 in the here and now, but PS4 and Xbox One will at least be getting multiplats and third party support going forward, Wii U didn't even have that, and Nintendo dropped the ball on its own games completely.

It goes both ways. Remember Watch Dogs? It got delayed to Februrary, and who knows? It might end up pulling a Rayman Legends by delaying it all the way to September. Pikmin 3 was supposed to be released in February, and guess what's also supposed to be released this February? Infamous Second Sons, and you never know if there is a delay on that game or it ends up being horribly rushed.

Last I checked, Wii U's next game after Jeopardy was Lego City: Undercover and Monster Hunters 3: U.

I would go on a ball here. Even if Nintendo launched the Wii U with x86 architecture, has similar controls to the PS4 and Xbox One, it would still be shafted by 3rd party developers and publishers, who feels the market on Nintendo consoles are "too kiddy".

#68 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

LMAO...It's sad to see Sheep getting shot in the foot by their own Shepherd. I was actually impressed by the sheep last gen. They were the least annoying and arrogant. Sad to see the unfortunate state you guys have been dragged into recently.

#69 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@freedomfreak said:
@Heil68 said:

Knack sold more than Super Mario, I bet that makes Reggie MAD.

Or should we say

CRANKY

hahahaha! Well played.

.....lol

Lolz.

#70 Edited by iwasgood2u (674 posts) -

The next wiiu is called wiillushutthefuckup

#71 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

THis is coming from a company where there system has been out for over a year now and it has no games. Well it has some shit shovelware titles, it has a handful of decent games that are still just the same old franchise title jerkoffs as usual, and 1 or 2 actual good games.

Oh and Microsoft and sony do have games, lots of games Nintendo doesn't that actually sell well and make a lot of money.

And hey reggie.......the xbox one and ps4 have barely been out a month.

#72 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

Oh, dear sweet irony. How I've missed you. : )

#73 Edited by fend_oblivion (6110 posts) -

Why is this pot calling the kettle black?

#74 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12349 posts) -

He's right.... and that applies to the WIi U as well.

#75 Edited by cainetao11 (15819 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

I think sheep and Nintendo like to ignore multiplats on the other consoles so they can feel they stand a chance.... How about we slap them in the face with upcoming multiplats in the next 2 years ? Because they are games and we play them.. we play more multiplats than exclusives it would seem. Today multiplats are the main core of console gaming i would say.

Agreed. Most of my library on PS3/360 were Multis. I have my exclusives that I love, but the best games of the last gen, imo, were more often than not multiplats.

#76 Posted by stuff238 (610 posts) -

It was hard to watch Reggie blatantly lie that "4 million wii u's sold worldwide" was a good thing. :/ LOL

I just couldn't believe someone could BS that much and dodge questions every 2 seconds. The guy is full of himself.

#77 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13704 posts) -

Something Reggie should take note of as well.