Regardless of reviews, is ZombiU premium pack (UK) recommended?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

I just wanted to know if you would recommend the ZombiU premium pack bundle, priced at £320 from cheapest online retailer with pro controller included? I was very interested in this game, i've read both sides of the critics' scales, 4.5 - 9 and appreciate what Ubisoft were trying to achive. But was thinkin of changing my mind and going for the Nintendoland bundle. Then again.... not sure.

Thoughts / recommendations would be appreciated. :)

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Sticky.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I played it at a store and thought it was awesome!

But if I was getting a Wii U (which I will eventually) I would get Mario for it.

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hanman9

Some idiot is spamming and trolling in there and they're completely off any topic. I need honest oppinions, its a big decision and i don't wanna make the wrong choice...

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hanman9

But if I was getting a Wii U (which I will eventually) I would get Mario for it.

ShadowMoses900

Im getting that too, but i just wanted a recommendation about the package, Nintendoland premium, or ZomiU premium + pro controller (£20-£30 more expensive)

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Haven't played it but it seems it's a "love it or hate it" kind of game, looking at the reviewer's and gamer's feedback.

But I will say that I think the reviewers which slammed it probably didn't bother with it much and that most of the hate comes from people who didn't buy it/didn't play it...

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

If you like terrible games and mediocre extremely overpriced hardware, sure

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

loosingENDS

This.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Sticky. Badosh
what sticky? That corrupted thread up there? good luck with that. As for ZombiU, it's still the first game I would want to play if I had a wiiU. Just look at the gameplay, keep in mind the negatives as well as the positives and make your decision for yourself.
granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts
1st ask how many ppl have the system...2nd i would never take advice from half of the ppl on here..3rd i have the game its great..but you must like slow pace games its not l4d but its good..love the system as well...if u get the game hit me up in miiverse...ultralow is my id...anymore questions?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
As for the system, if its not deluxe, wait on it on it, you get some nice essentives (all of them you should be able to buy seperately). As for the game itself, its seems to be getting varying degrees of average/okay to decent, except for GS giving it a poor rating. The game will probably be one of those love/hate games, so be wary.. What is in this premium pack. Is it just the cotroller, and system (which version)..
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I like NintendoLand, but I just bought BO2 and plan on getting a pro controller for guests to play, I also want to get zombie U, so I would say if it's a Deluxe Wii U (32gb version) get it. You can always get NintendoLand later (which is an awesome party game by the way)

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

hanman9

Im getting that too, but i just wanted a recommendation about the package, Nintendoland premium, or ZomiU premium + pro controller (£20-£30 more expensive)

You probably will be able to get ZombiU really cheap in half a year, so I would recommend the one with Nintendoland unless you want the pro controller.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

loosingENDS
You mean the 360? :lol:
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

loosingENDS

Basically this.

Everyone who buys a hardware at launch are like beta testers..only they cost $$$.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
There's a sticky for all things Wii U, bro. Use it.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

MonsieurX

You mean Witcher 2, Halo 4 and the 8/10 Fable JOurney are worst than the 4.5/10 !!!!! ZombiU crap ?

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

You mean Witcher 2, Halo 4 and the 8/10 Fable JOurney are worst than the 4.5/10 !!!!! ZombiU crap ?

is this the dude that was going around taking about next gen lighting? If so you would be wise to ignore him..

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#19 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
can't imagine running around at walking speed, with basically the same 2 weapons the entire time with no story BEING FUN!
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

loosingENDS

Yes.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX

loosingENDS

Remind me how was your heavily hyped Steel Battalion? :lol:
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

loosingENDS

Yes.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
Every time I play zombie u my wii u freezes. It's getting annoying, I should have learned from red steel....
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] You mean the 360? :lol:Goyoshi12

Yes.

Obviously, if you are an extreme fanboy/troll

The worst thing about WiiU is not the crap 4.5/10 ZombiU garbage, it is the ancient crappy slow hardware that will make any game look crapy

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Sounds worth it to me. I still need to buy the Pro Controller. If it was included it would be nice. I just got done playing about 3 1/2 hours of ZombiU. I honestly LOVE this game. I do not understand the negative reviews...the ones around an 8 I understand as that's about what I would give it. But, seriously, if you have any interest in zombies whatsoever, buy this game. The survival aspect is unparalleled.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 loosingENDS

Sounds worth it to me. I still need to buy the Pro Controller. If it was included it would be nice. I just got done playing about 3 1/2 hours of ZombiU. I honestly LOVE this game. I do not understand the negative reviews...the ones around an 8 I understand as that's about what I would give it. But, seriously, if you have any interest in zombies whatsoever, buy this game. The survival aspect is unparalleled.

Puckhog04

You can have PS1 kind of textures and polygons at this time and age, why play the worst looking game of all time when there is RE6 on xbox 360 for example ?

With 100 generations better graphics than ZombiU ancient visuals

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

loosingENDS

You can have PS1 kind of textures and polygons at this time and age, why play the worst looking game of all time when there is RE6 on xbox 360 for example ?

lol, PS1 textures...

The last system with PS1-like graphics was the DS.

What are you on, man? :P

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Puckhog04
ZombiU would probably be the first WiiU game I would get.
PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Im gonna wait for the Mario games to come out first.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

loosingENDS

It's a launch game. Graphics on Consoles get better over time. You do realize that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, right...

Regardless, launch games never look fantastic. ZombiU (if you like zombie games) is a fantastic game. I don't really care about reviews. I own the game. You can spare me your fanboyism as well. PS1 kind of textures? You clearly have never even played the game. Take your ignorance elsewhere.

Oh, and with the exception of Leon's campaign, RE6 is a joke.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Michael0134567

It really is fantastic. If you have had any kind of draw to play a true zombie game where survival is key, this is your game.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonsieurX

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

loosingENDS

I remember how GUN looked awesome at launch
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

It really is fantastic. If you have had any kind of draw to play a true zombie game where survival is key, this is your game.

It sounds like Resident Evil for the Gamecube, which is one of the best games ever made IMO.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

MonsieurX

I remember how GUN looked awesome at launch

929179_20051116_screen001.jpg

That's one pretty looking game. I miss this game. The last time I played it was years ago on the Gamecube.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

I havent played it so my opinion isn't worth much, but if I were to get a WiiU, ZombieU would be the game I would pick up.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Yes.

Obviously, if you are an extreme fanboy/troll

The worst thing about WiiU is not the crap 4.5/10 ZombiU garbage, it is the ancient crappy slow hardware that will make any game look crapy

So basically what you're saying is that the 360 hardware will make any game look crappy?
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

It's a launch game. Graphics on Consoles get better over time. You do realize that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, right...

Regardless, launch games never look fantastic. ZombiU (if you like zombie games) is a fantastic game. I don't really care about reviews. I own the game. You can spare me your fanboyism as well. PS1 kind of textures? You clearly have never even played the game. Take your ignorance elsewhere.

Oh, and with the exception of Leon's campaign, RE6 is a joke.

ZombiU seems generations behind Kameo, a launch xbox 360 title

From games so far seems vastly behind xbox 360 at launch

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX
Looks better than RE6 :lol:
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 loosingENDS

Looks better than RE6 :lol:MonsieurX

ZombiU is like a PS1 game in HD

RE6 looks 10-20 generations better

But it is expected from Wii supporters to like horrible graphics, after Wii they think PS1 graphics are the best

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Michael0134567

^Such a terrible troll, says the dumbest things.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

loosingENDS

You play on the 360. You should be used to crappy graphics by now.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Looks better than RE6 :lol:loosingENDS

ZombiU is like a PS1 game in HD

RE6 looks 10-20 generations better

But it is expected from Wii supporters to like horrible graphics, after Wii they think PS1 graphics are the best

if you care so much about graphics why are you playing on consoles? also, why are you such a tool? not much to do where you live?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
nope