Redeeming Codes Just Got Easier On The ONE

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by kuu2 (7103 posts) -
#2 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I saw the vid at youtube and its impressive. Somethings up with embedding videos today. You should probably just post the link.

#3 Edited by clyde46 (45953 posts) -

No video?

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43194 posts) -

Thank God. I hate entering those long codes.

#5 Edited by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

No video?

Tried to embed it but it wouldn't.

#6 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5113 posts) -

The ONE?

The hell is that.

#7 Posted by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

Seriously one of the worst things of this gen as a consumer. I buy all my Live codes at a discount and entering in the numbers was a true pain.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (39964 posts) -

Great news. Those codes are 25 characters long, and I often buy them.

Better with Kinect :drops:

#9 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

There's a "first world problems" joke somewhere in this.

I agree though.

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (43194 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Seriously one of the worst things of this gen as a consumer. I buy all my Live codes at a discount and entering in the numbers was a true pain.

Sometimes, I just outright avoided included DLC due to laziness :P

There's a "first world problems" joke somewhere in this.

I agree though.

Biggest first world problem to ever exist.

#11 Posted by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

I will get this out of the way.

Sony Fan: 'Who needs that feature we have a touchpad to enter letters and numbers.'

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19248 posts) -

Yeah that's pretty awesome. The interface stuff with the Kinect is pretty great all round, it's only in game that I have no interest in it (except for using it as a mic).

#13 Edited by Couth_ (10058 posts) -

Neatest thing i've seen so far

#14 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4264 posts) -

thats cool. but ms will sell x1 without kinect after all the fanboys have gobbled up the release bundles so what they should do is have a qr scanner on xbox app on your phone. sony should also do this with their playstation app.

#15 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10142 posts) -

That is slick and very helpful

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

Thats the first actually useful thing I've seen the Kinect do. lol

#17 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

That video reaffirms my hatred for Larry.

#18 Edited by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

thats cool. but ms will sell x1 without kinect after all the fanboys have gobbled up the release bundles so what they should do is have a qr scanner on xbox app on your phone. sony should also do this with their playstation app.

Sony Fan: 'Innovation is terrible, just ask Sony.'

#19 Edited by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

Have you heard anything about free streaming music yet?

#20 Posted by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Have you heard anything about free streaming music yet?

Ha, yeah there is a thread for it on the first page.

#21 Edited by blackace (20548 posts) -

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Now tomorrow Sony will announce they are doing the same thing with their camera. lol!!

Wait and see.

#22 Edited by blackace (20548 posts) -

Thats the first actually useful thing I've seen the Kinect do. lol

It will be like Siri before you know it.

Xbox go to Amazon and preorder Halo 5 & Titanfall. Username: John Doe.

XBox send receipt to my e-mail address.

While playing a Forza 5. XBox order a Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza from Pizza Hut.

Jump Ahead!!

#23 Edited by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

i guess thats kinda cool

#24 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

Redeeming Codes with Kinect...

Probably the most groundbraking thing MS has done with the Xbone.

LOL

#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150674 posts) -

LOL if this is exciting then everything else must leave you unsatisfied.

#26 Posted by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan: 'Who needs that feature we have a touchpad to enter letters and numbers.'

Who needs it when i'm not that lazy?

#27 Posted by edidili (3449 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You're going to change your tune as usual when Sony finally manages to do something like this 2 years from now.

You cows always start it with "who cares when...". Then after a while "we have it too now haha"

#28 Posted by gameofthering (10192 posts) -

That's actually pretty good. The only downside is if it will understand what the person says.

#29 Posted by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

@edidili said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

You're going to change your tune as usual when Sony finally manages to do something like this 2 years from now.

You cows always start it with "who cares when...". Then after a while "we have it too now haha"

I never said it wasn't neat. But I won't have it because I won't spend $40 useless dollars on the stupid PSeye

#30 Posted by coasterguy65 (5922 posts) -

Interesting. Hopefully they will implement the same thing for the 360 with Kinect. I hate scrolling through letters to enter those 25 digit codes.

#31 Posted by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Man you guys are predictable.

#32 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
#33 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

pretty lame actually.

#34 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Well, the lems have their dropped bomb. Lets watch them hold onto this feature and use it as their trump card. Should be fun.

#35 Edited by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

I'm a gamer not a fanboy.... So too bad.

#36 Edited by silversix_ (14247 posts) -

Since Kinect announcement this is the first time it has half decent use. Only took 4 years.

#37 Posted by magicalclick (22544 posts) -

It is a very old news, but thank for sharing. Seems like a lot of people don't know about it.

#38 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5862 posts) -

I was thinking about this months ago... I was sure nextgen system would add a feature like this to their systems. I hope sony adds a system like this to the camera and and their phone app.

#39 Posted by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

Wow that is so odd. You have all the systems I have.

We all have biases and mine slant toward MSoft's console at the moment.

Where is your Kinect???

#40 Edited by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

I don't have a kinect because I don't have the room for one. I did buy a used one at one point and didn't work all that well so I returned it.

And Like I said it's neat. But i'm truly not that lazy. Even if sony did it i'm still not that lazy

#41 Posted by BPoole96 (22788 posts) -

Good thing I have a ridiculously good memory and can look at those 16 digit codes for like 5 seconds and put them in instantly. This is just technology dumbing down the world again. Instead of practicing short term memory exercises with pre order codes, MS wants you to wave pieces of paper in front of your TV like an idiot.

"Durrr luk @ mai peace of papir Mr. Kinect n tll me wut i win!"

The world is doomed

#42 Edited by clyde46 (45953 posts) -

Just buy them online and have the codes emailed to you, copy and paste into Xbox.com.

#43 Edited by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

Good thing I have a ridiculously good memory and can look at those 16 digit codes for like 5 seconds and put them in instantly. This is just technology dumbing down the world again. Instead of practicing short term memory exercises with pre order codes, MS wants you to wave pieces of paper in front of your TV like an idiot.

"Durrr luk @ mai peace of papir Mr. Kinect n tll me wut i win!"

The world is doomed

It's quotes like this I wish we had a like button.

#44 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Wow that is so odd. You have all the systems I have.

We all have biases and mine slant toward MSoft's console at the moment.

Where is your Kinect???

"Where is your Kinect?"

He said he was a gamer.

#45 Edited by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

I don't have a kinect because I don't have the room for one. I did buy a used one at one point and didn't work all that well so I returned it.

And Like I said it's neat. But i'm truly not that lazy. Even if sony did it i'm still not that lazy

I love that you are assuming people are lazy for using a feature. It is the height of elitism. Get over yourself.

#46 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I love that you are assuming people are lazy for using a feature. It is the height of elitism. Get over yourself.

Animal? you actually enjoy entering those damn things in? On the Xbox they are a mile long and when you get a preorder bonus and Limited Edition content, entering multiple codes can add up to a lot of time. Win for MS.

#47 Posted by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

No it's not. It's the ultimate form of laziness. It goes to show the society of today is becoming the society of wall-e everyone's to lazy to do anything themselves anymore.

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (26727 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Animal? you actually enjoy entering those damn things in? On the Xbox they are a mile long and when you get a preorder bonus and Limited Edition content, entering multiple codes can add up to a lot of time. Win for MS.

I really don't give a flying fuck if I have to enter a code or not. And like I said it's a neat feature i'm not denying that.

But it is lazy for people to be complaining about entering codes for free shit.

#49 Edited by LordOfPoms (1086 posts) -

It's doing what smartphones have been doing for years, and you pay $100 more for it? Hooray?

#50 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

That's seriously awesome, and fast. Just another one of the several small touches that the Kinect adds to the console experience.