Red Faction Collection PCPS3. Darksiders Collection PCPS360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

There are a lot of threads in SW that slant or change the news too much, so I'll make a thread to bring an exclusive scoop while trying to be as accurate as possible to the link:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-13-nordic-resurrects-darksiders-and-red-faction-for-pc-ps3-and-xbox-360-collections

---

Nordic resurrects Red Faction and Darksiders for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 collections

Collections don't indicate new games in the series... yet.

New Publisher Nordic Games has resurrected the Darksiders and Red Faction franchises with two sets of collections due out in March for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Darksiders Collection includes Darksiders 1 and 2, plus the sequel's season pass content. On PC it's called Darksiders Complete.

Red Faction Collection includes the original game, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Red Faction: Armageddon and Armageddon's Path of War DLC. On PC it's called Red Faction Complete and also includes Red Faction 2....

UPDATE:

As for price, Darksiders Collection costs £34.99 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Red Faction Collection is cheaper at £24.99, but will only be released for PC and PS3. Why not on Xbox 360?

"This is because according to Microsoft, the Collection did not comply with some of their guidelines for such a pack," Nordic said.

So, does the existence of Darksiders and Red Faction collections indicate new games in both franchises are being worked on? Not so, Nordic said.

More in the link.

---

Personally, I own the games already and this seems pointless but whatever, it's news.

#2 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

red faction guerilla forever!!!

damn volition should've put geomod into saints row.

then that game would've cleared 5 mill each release easily

#3 Posted by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

red faction guerilla forever!!!

damn volition should've put geomod into saints row.

then that game would've cleared 5 mill each release easily

I loved Guerilla's early work even more...shame about THQ's implosion.

#4 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1928 posts) -

Red faction guerrilla was great game even though different. Ending kinda cheap on harder difficulty but still deserve a good sequel not reboot crap.

#5 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3424 posts) -

What a great game Guerilla was:

"Oh a car is a chasing me, or two, five, twenty, WTF IS GOING ON"

#6 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

I really regret I stopped playing Guerrilla halfway through for some reason and never finished it and now I don't even have it :'(

#7 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

This is quite the clusterfuck.

Darksider Collection for PS3, 360, and PC for $50. Red Faction Collection for PS3, PC but not 360 and somehow cheaper ($40) than the DS Collection (despite having fewer games. Red Faction 2 is absent from the PS3 version even though it includes the original.

Dafuq? Who at Deep Silver came up with this shit?

#8 Posted by bobbetybob (19186 posts) -

I got all these games from Steam for about £3 each so guess where they can shove their collections.

#9 Posted by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

This is quite the clusterfuck.

Darksider Collection for PS3, 360, and PC for $50. Red Faction Collection for PS3, PC but not 360 and somehow cheaper ($40) than the DS Collection (despite having fewer games. Red Faction 2 is absent from the PS3 version even though it includes the original.

Dafuq? Who at Deep Silver came up with this shit?

I know, right? lol.

They are just getting their brand out there, I guess...

#10 Posted by 2Chalupas (5016 posts) -

Red Faction in the PS3 collection is probably just going to be the straight up PS2 version (not even a remaster) - since that's already available on PSN as a "PS2 classic".

Red Faction 2 is not already available on PSN, so that probably explains why it won't be included here with the PS3 collection.

Just a guess, but it seems logical.

#11 Posted by 2Chalupas (5016 posts) -

I got all these games from Steam for about £3 each so guess where they can shove their collections.

They were practically giving these games away before the THQ bankruptcy.

It's comical to try and charge $50 for them now. Most of these games are $5 each tops on the used market - and have been available so many times digitally for a similarly low price.

#12 Edited by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

@bobbetybob said:

They were practically giving these games away before the THQ bankruptcy.

It's comical to try and charge $50 for them now. Most of these games are $5 each tops on the used market - and have been available so many times digitally for a similarly low price.

The pricing is terrible, agreed.

They were having PC cheapy THQ bundles and some appeared free on PS+. New publisher didn't think this through.

#13 Posted by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

Red faction guerrilla was great game even though different. Ending kinda cheap on harder difficulty but still deserve a good sequel not reboot crap.

Here's hoping the new owners can do the series justice.

#14 Posted by WallofTruth (1550 posts) -

I already got the Darksider games from bundles and I've bought all Red Faction games on a Steam sale for $5 so no thanks.