recently bought ps vita tearaway bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 pikafan1990
Member since 2013 • 59 Posts

seen reviews online for the vita and it looks a pretty cool handheld device.. never owned a psp but know a friend who had one and i've played on it before

i look forward to downloading some classic games and also seeing what physical copies are out there

anyone play persona 4 golden? looked that up and it looks cool

waiting till christmas to open my vita

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 picklesurprise
Member since 2013 • 185 Posts

hope you have your receipt

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pikafan1990

haha that doesn't sound very good!

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

It's a fantastic handheld. I would recommend Persona 4 Golden if you are into JRPG's or just amazing games overall. There's a lot of amazing games on the Vita. I've owned every handheld back to the Gameboy and the Vita is hands down one of my favorites.

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pikafan1990

ok great stuff. yep someone else recommended persona 4 golden too me as i love RPGS, is it a standard RPG like dragon quest? i had game boys too.. still got an sp hehe

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

You should have gotten a PSP and "do things to it" to make it extremely useful;-)

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pikafan1990

how do you mean? got a vita cos it's newer but there is some psp games i want.. shame you can't play them on vita :( wanted to try the ff collection.. that any good?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I've had my PSV since launch. As a system, it's a beast. It literally does EVERYTHING that I want a handheld gaming device to do and more. It also has some great games. I bought Uncharted Golden Abyss for it at launch and the game is literally an Uncharted game on a handheld. Little to nothing is taken away from the PS3 versions regardless that it was done by Sony Bend and not Naughty Dog. Other games I have for it and have really enjoyed include Assassin's Creed Liberation, LittleBigPlanet, NFS Most Wanted and The Walking Dead. Unfortunatly, I haven't gotten around to getting many more games for it due to either the games not jumping up higher on my list or saving up for a PS4.

Now that I have my PS4 though, I have a small backlog of games I want to get including DOA5, Jak & Daxter Trilogy and Killzone. Sadly, that's it. The PSV it touted more or less as an indie game system these days. Sure, I have a 32GB memory chip in it and I could download all those indie games, but I'm not an indie game player. Indie games that stand out to me are few and far between. That's why for the last year or so, my PSV has primarily been used for apps or more recently, a side system for my PS4 with the remote play feature.

Remote play fromt he PS4 to the handheld is great. It literally is a one to one with no lag that I've experienced so far, and I've played both AC4 and Killzone SF with it. The biggest issue I have with the remote play is that for the L2,L3,R2,R3 buttons, you need to use the back touch pad. It's better than nothing but when you're not used to using that, it can get tricky. I'm hoping eventually they allow for the PSV to be used just as a TV and allow you to use the PS4's controller if you want. It would make it nicer for when my daughter or wife has taken over the TV.

All in all, the PSV is a great little system. Having the second analog stick is something that was needed back with the PSP. I'm glad Sony learned on that front. Now, if they would just get more quality games to the system like another Uncharted, Infamous and some third party support. If they don't, I fear the system may end up just being a glorified accessory to the PS4.

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pikafan1990

in the bundle got little big planet and tearaway .. can you play with friends on them? is tearaway a follow on from it? can't wait to try games

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

The Vita is great. Ignore the haters. Persona 4 Golden is an amazing game and one of my all time favorite games. If you are a PS+ member, there are some really good games to download. Enjoy the Vita and congrats on the purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

theres a Tearaway Bundle? I haven't bought one yet, but I will buy the console the second I find out the original OLED model is being phased out by the LCD model

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I got a Walking Dead bundle and it's pretty awesome little system. I had a bunch of games on PSN+, and with the discontinuation of the OLED screen I wanted to make sure I got that model. Definitely much smoother experience, and better tech than the 3DS. However I find it a bit more awkward to hold than the 3DS XL that i use, but then again it does have the dual analog whereas the 3DS doesn't. So maybe that's why it's a bit funny to hold (because the buttons are so small).

It's a shame it's support will probably die much sooner than the 3DS. Although as of today, I think the Vita is very competitive in terms of games that are available and just the overall experience. I actually think I prefer it.

I need to make it a point to try out the Vita "second screen" functionality as well.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I picked the 3DS XL over the Vita. Vita just can't compete in the games department. Pretty much every game on the Vita that interest me is nothing more than a watered down PS3 game like Uncharted for example. Well I already have a PS3.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

get Gravity Rush for it... its my favorite game so far on the system, granted I've only had it for 2 weeks. Sly cooper thieves in time, and wipeout 2048 have been the other 2 that I really liked on the system. Amazon has yet to ship my copy of Tearaway so I've not been able to play it. I think its a really good system especially if you can get it for less than $200.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

It's an awesome system, congrats! Ps don't listen to the haters

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Bought the same bundle this week. Dont regret it. Tearaway is a fantastic game and deserves so much more recognition.

Getting value out of my vita using it as an emulator more than anything really. Playing Final Fantasy IX, MGS3, MGS 1, Spyro etc. I think its a great handheld especially if you have PS+

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ill probably get one this year or next....just need a few more exclusives to justify it. like god eater 2 has to come to the west first.

maybe PSO online also..

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Get PS+ or you'll be the only Vita owner on Earth without it. And P4G. Get that.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

best handheld so far. best library of games, and the envy of lems. sheep, and herms. definitely get one.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

Get PS+ or you'll be the only Vita owner on Earth without it. And P4G. Get that.

I literally got a Vita *BECAUSE* i had a bunch of games for it stockpiled thanks to PSN+. I ended up buying several games as well (Killzone, Tearaway, Resistance, Persona, Maramusa). That should do me for a good, long while as far as portable gaming (since I don't do alot of portable).

stoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 stoods
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

@pikafan1990: dont listen to the veggie dildo. It is a great machine and tearaway is amazing. Got a bundle for christmas as well, but made sure everything was working before I packed it back up and wrapped it up. That included playing tearaway for 20 mins (and what a delightful 20 mins it was).

pikafan1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pikafan1990

yeah really wanna try persona 4 golden.. don't need to subscribe to ps plus because i will want to buy games i want// yep wanna try final fantasy on it too.. anyone got the final fantasy collection from the psp? only gripe i have is can't play physical disks like psp on vita.. think they will make it backward compatible? cool.. looks like tearaway is a good game then!

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I picked the 3DS XL over the Vita. Vita just can't compete in the games department. Pretty much every game on the Vita that interest me is nothing more than a watered down PS3 game like Uncharted for example. Well I already have a PS3.

Long as your happy...but for me 3ds just can't compete in the games department.

I want consoles series on the go which ps3 can't provide. Some games being watered down doesn't matter to me when other portables like 3ds are even more watered down

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This is not a SW topic.