Reasons Why I can't stand Nintendo!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

Now I am not trying to bad mouth Nintendo it is just lately they just haven't been making the right steps forward. Now I'll admit that they have been selling the Wii like hotcakes, but that was just a fad with there gimmicky remote to always including the same rehashed franchises over and over again.

Now I want to start at Nintendo has no good third party support games unlike those of Sony and Mircosoft and some of the PC. But really games like Zack and Wiki and Night (Is want custom Micheal Jackson would wear), but those are some pretty rough looking games. I can't predict the future so there's no way to judge a game I know that, but sometimes you can look at a game a see how much it is going to suck.

Now back to topic just Nintendo is getting me angry with the same franchise's use repeatedly there are 20 games of Link, Mario, Metroid, Starfox, Kirby, Yoshi, Luigi etc. I mean give it a rest I can already predict there's gonna be Luigi's Mansion Wii edition. I already played these games on the Gamecube. All theWii games are is just remakes of old N64 and Gamecube games sprinkled over with the title of Wii. And to be suck into that fad, Wii nonsense shows that some people didn't notice there lineup of games. I mean this Super Mairo Galaxy everyone's hyping about will be the same storyline used again probably Browser did something to Princess's Peaches Castle and only Mario can save it right, we already done that in Mario 64 and Mario on the DS and Marion Sunshine. And in my opinion why doesn't Peach just give Toad some sterioids and have him whimp Browsers turtle butt. But maybe I am over thinking things. But really if Nintendo wants to stay in the lead that there in they need to come up with new franchise's toget those scores of 9.0-10so Nintendo fanboys have something to be proud about because they need it ever since N64 and Gamecube had their Italian butts served to them twice.

Moving on what the heck is up with this Wii Fit nonsense. Yes some gamers need to actually do some sit-ups or jumping jacks or something, but if your like me and can go outside and jog or exercise yourself,then there is no need for this game. I can already see the Media herein the US eat this up when they see stay at home mothers or old people play this and say, " The Wii has renovated gaming history" bull crap. Why spend $250 on the system and money to buy the game when you can go to the gym. Sony already tried this and it didn't work for them. If I see Sony or Microsoft making games beliving that this is gaming I am going to go on a Wii rampage.

Next issue, I am tried of these gimmicky controls the Wii has given us, they are just trying to milk us out of money. The controls aren't that bothering except the fact they need battries to use the dang things I mean how is that revolutionary. I don't want to play a Legend of Zelda game when I get to the final boss and didn't save yet and find out much to my dismay that I need to go out and buy new freaking batteries just to finish the game. Do you see my logic here. And I know someone is going to pull out you can buy new rechargeable Wii-motes and I say "WTF for." I already paid $250 for the system Nintendo can't give me rechargeable batteries with my purchase Sony did. And no I am not saying I have a PS3 I just did my homework and found out they offer it. But not the Wii who want you to spend $19.99 for their new Wii Zapper and however much for the Wii wheel and money to buy the old school Nintendo classic controller. Which by the way the Zapper and Wheel are accessory items, they don't do anything. But the casual games won't realize that until it's to late.

Now people have been saying the Wii is kiddy which I agree, yes i know their are hardcore games like RE4 and No More Heroes, but after that then what no you don't need blood and gore to be entertained but you shouldn't need games that require you to have lots of people to play with. Games like Mario Party, Elebits, Super Monkey Ball and etc. Do you see what I am getting at here,there is less hardcore games to kiddy games.

Now if your like me and come home to a grueling day and just want to relax and play a video game then, the Wii isn't where you can do it because it requires you to hold out your arms for extensive periods of time and that sensor bar which at times you lose your place at, just to be entertained when all you really want to do is relax.

Now I hope this didn't hurt anybody feelings with this topic I just want to get this Wii stuff off my chest and I want to stress that these are my personal opinions about the Wii and shouldn't be taken as the Wii sucks topic because sales disproves that. And people should buy games to be entertain nothing else and my opinions should not hinder your judgement about the Wii.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
im just posting so i can go back to it later. i dont have time 2 read it right now
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts
i just dont like the wii.
IAmRodyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 IAmRodyle
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
People keep getting casual mixed up with kiddy.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
It's a shame that you put so much effort into this post, because no one is going to make it past the large contradictions within the first paragraph. We're all going to mark this as another generic bashing post and move on.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

You want more hardcore games??? By another console!!! I own a 360 for all hardcore games to come and will soon buy a PS3 later on and I own a Wii for all my First party needs especially Fire Emblem!!! Seriously, go look on what other games Nintendo has made!!! You have been missing on Fire Emblem and you've probrably haven't played Pikim at all haven't you nor the Battalion Wars games???

Besides it's better to own more consoles than just one and for now I am enjoying Bioshock and soon to play MP3:C after I'm done with the game!!!

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts
You know, this would probably go better in your blog.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

People keep getting casual mixed up with kiddy.IAmRodyle

Those who confuse those two words need to play Disgaea. They will never mix those two words up EVER again.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
Man what's going on around here? This place has become the kick Nintendo around forum.
brettneo3012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brettneo3012
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

Well.. If you cant afford the $10 for rechargable batteries, and the $15 charger, how can you afford the Wii?

Commenting on how you are tired at the end of the day, There are many games that don't require you to lift your arms. (Maybe you do need Wii Fit.) Super Paper Mario is an example of that.. Maybe Excite Truck.. But that requires turning that could be a bit much for you. :)

Also, on your mention of how many casual games Nintendo is pumping out of them, it's only one(excluding 3rd party). Wii Fit. None of the other games Nintendo is coming out with are casual.

But hey, we all have different opinions.

GoreyFeldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GoreyFeldman
Member since 2007 • 259 Posts

[QUOTE="IAmRodyle"]People keep getting casual mixed up with kiddy.majadamus

Those who confuse those two words need to play Disgaea. They will never mix those two words up EVER again.

I have over 300 hours in the first Disgaea and 60in the second. Disgaea is not casual or kiddy.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I feel your pain..Well written post.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
I really can't stand Nintendo haters complaining about Nintendo's releasing the same old same old franchises. You say how you're getting tired of playing the same old Marios, Zeldas, and Metroids, but then look what you turn to.
Halo 3
GTA4 plus spinoffs
Final Fantasy XIII plus spinoffs
MGS4 and the one on PSP
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 4
Dragon Quest IX
SoulCalibur IV
Ace Combat 6
Turok 4
Project Gotham Racing 3
Silent Hill 5 plus one coming to PSP
Dead or Alive 4 I think there is another one in the works
GT5
Resident Evil 5 plus spinoffs
Ratchet and Clank5 plus one on PSP
Devil May Cry 4
Jak and Daxter 3 and you know one is coming to PS3
I mean all you are doing is complaining about something that you're promoting in the first place. And I know these frachises haven't been around as long as Nintendos, but they sure are building up some numbers behind their names pretty fast. So before you bash Nintendo's main franchises, remember the games you're hyping and how many there have been.
thefjk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 thefjk
Member since 2003 • 4324 Posts
Only thing I like about Nintendo is Pokemon which I'm really getting tired of atm!
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

Good post.

I don't see the hype in Zack & Wiki either, I used to love point and click's in their golden era but I don't see the fuss in this particular game. Although I wouldn't call the Wiimote a gimmick either its definitely overrated, when thats all Wii has to say for itself its a flop. I don't like Ninty's vision or new approach either its not my Nintendo anymore, but it'll make them more successful than ever.

I used to be one of Wii's biggest supporters too.

Xeratule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xeratule
Member since 2003 • 4472 Posts

I have the Wii and enjoy it a lot, but if the Wii was my only system, I would be a very sad individual. It makes a great combo with a Gaming PC, 360, or PS3, but it doesn't get the job done on its own like the other systems do.

I love Nintendo, and their first party games, but it's sad that I can't just be a Wii only gamer and be satisfied.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Wow and here I thought the great wall only existed in China.
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
TC hasn't played Metroid confirmed.
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

wtf is wrong with this threads these last couple of days

you dont like the wii get over it none wants to hear you b*****

kaptainownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kaptainownage
Member since 2003 • 871 Posts
Lol your battery comment makes me laugh the most. First of all, the wiimote tells you well in advance when ur batteries are running low so if you can't replace them thats ur problem. Besides, thats what I bought the Nyko charge dock. Now people are probably gonna say "well, why not just include it with the console". Simple answer is some people maybe don't want a recharge dock (for whatever reason), but it really doesn't take much effort to go out and simply buy one separately.
the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts

i said this last time you posted a thread like this (infact part of that thread was pasted into this one) if playing the wii makes you as tired as you say it does you need to get off your computer and get some exercise.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

"Im not here to bash the wii or anything but..."

Yeah ok weirdo.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts
i agree with the rehashes, but then again a lot of anticipated games for all systems suffer from that to an extent, but it's not like there are 20 metal gears or halos. and i didn't like the way nintendo was going after the 64, but that's just the way i feel about it. nintendo knows what they're doing, and there are tonnes of people who love their games so good for them, as long as gamers are happy it's all good
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
Only "current gen" system I have is a Wii, and I am perfectly satisfied. RE4, SPM, and MP3:C are plenty for me, but I guess after 20+ years of playing I'm not a game ner... hardcore player :
Avatar image for Russell_Burrows
Russell_Burrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Russell_Burrows
Member since 2005 • 143 Posts

The real issue is that now that the Wii is selling its bye, bye to the folks that got them there as the new focus for Nintendo is finding more casuals to purchase it and lets forget about real issues like having a STEADY supply of QUALITY games to play every week or two.

Therefore the hate for Nintendo from an increasing amount of gamers that feel disenfranchised with results so far and being nickel and dimed to death at every turn is unwarranted by Nintendo. Toss in the "We will give you a game when We feel like it" and is it any surprise that threads reflect that gamers that want a steady supply of quality games are very upset at purchasing a Wii?

Anywho a better message of anger is for gamers and friends to just stop purchasing anything that is a Nintendo Console or game or a product intended to be used on a Nintendo console and to inform others that a better purchase is either a 360 or a PS3.

Money talks and the best message is to vote no more purchases for those that are unhappy.

GeminiForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GeminiForce
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts
blog! Oh well back on topic. If you are tired of rehashes then don't buy them. Though I don't honestly see how that works since there are rehashes on *news flash* the PS3 and the 360. Well the batteries aren't that hard to change is it? Or do you consider that a chore?
Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts
TC hasn't played Metroid confirmed.Smoke_ManMuscle
Aint that the truth. I am playing Corruption now and just got the PED suit. All I can say is WOW! I've beaten Halo 1 and 2 and they are great games, but MP3 so far blows those games out of the water and kicks them in the ass and I know they are not exactly the same type of game, bla bla bla. They are similar in some ways though.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#31 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts

There's a reason games like Mario, Zelda and Metroid have been around for 20+ years. If you don't like them fine, but many others do. And Super Mario Galaxy will not be the same as Super Mario 64, that's just an asinine statement, the Mario games always revolved around the same story, but they all differ a little bit in the gameplay. Same with the Zelda games, same with Metroid, though it's to a lesser degree in the latter two. They do tweak stuff though and make improvements in certain areas.

It really is funny that people complain about these series then go and liststuff likeTekken 6, MGS 4, Halo 3 and FF XIIIas games to look forward to. Granted the FF games differ from each other very much, but they're still sequels right? Who needs them? :roll:

I do agree though that some new franchises would be nice. Maybe an RPG from Monolith and I believe Miyamoto has said he wants to work on a new character based adventure game. Then there's Project Hammer and Disaster: Day of Crisis.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts

Yes there are some systems that continue their franchise's, but this is the last last MGS series. And Final fantasy is are very different from each other. Granted they use the same title over again, but the characters and story-lines are completely different from the next. Nintendo franchises have the same characters, and storyline with some sugar on top, but use the same plot repeatedly. Something happened in Hyrule, something happens with Peach, and etc. from back from the NES days.

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

It's a shame that you put so much effort into this post, because no one is going to make it past the large contradictions within the first paragraph. We're all going to mark this as another generic bashing post and move on.SmashBrosLegend

Maybe you would care to show us where these contradicionts are... or probably I should mark yours as anothe generic damage control post an move on...

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 coakroach
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts

Man what's going on around here? This place has become the kick Nintendo around forum.briguyb13

Its because nintendo will probably sell the most at the end of this gen

And jealousy is a powerful tool

creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

It's a shame that you put so much effort into this post, because no one is going to make it past the large contradictions within the first paragraph. We're all going to mark this as another generic bashing post and move on.SmashBrosLegend

exactly

monkeysrfat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 monkeysrfat
Member since 2007 • 1789 Posts

Yes there are some systems that continue their franchise's, but this is the last last MGS series. And Final fantasy is are very different from each other. Granted they use the same title over again, but the characters and story-lines are completely different from the next. Nintendo franchises have the same characters, and storyline with some sugar on top, but use the same plot repeatedly. Something happened in Hyrule, something happens with Peach, and etc. from back from the NES days.

shadowfox55

I would much rather get new gameplay graphics and such than a new plot

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

I was hoping for a well-thought out and constructive post, butI stopped taking you seriously when you complained about the repetition of Mario's plot. I'm suprised you didn't complain about Link's stitches on his outfit.

Heck, you even made me roll my eyes at the 'fad' comment. The wiimote is here to stay, deal with it. The Wii is great, Wii Fit will sell by the buckets not just because it attracts casuals but it also makes "excercise" more managable and fun. You haven't played barely any of the products that actually make great use of the wiimote. All you see is remakes and rehashes? Nintendo has fresher stuff coming out than the countless generic sequels on next-gen systems.

Meech101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Meech101
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
Hmm....looks like theres alot on ur mind8)
ShmenonPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ShmenonPie
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

i just dont like the wii.iamshivy

Exactly, it's abandoned it's fanbase to appeal to casuals, it has too many rehashed series, it has too many kiddy games and not enough mature ones, they milk you almost as bad as M$, they've failed this gen IMO. The only thing they do have is sales, but then again, that's mostly casuals.

OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
I really can't stand Nintendo haters complaining about Nintendo's releasing the same old same old franchises. You say how you're getting tired of playing the same old Marios, Zeldas, and Metroids, but then look what you turn to.
Halo 3
GTA4 plus spinoffs
MGS4 and the one on PSP
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 4
Dragon Quest IX
SoulCalibur IV
Ace Combat 6
Turok 4
Project Gotham Racing 3
GT5
Devil May Cry 4
I mean all you are doing is complaining about something that you're promoting in the first place. And I know these frachises haven't been around as long as Nintendos, but they sure are building up some numbers behind their names pretty fast. So before you bash Nintendo's main franchises, remember the games you're hyping and how many there have been. peaceful_anger
Yeah, nintendo usually brings out a new game in a franchise once a generation; MGS, R&C, etc, all make Mario Kart look rare.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts

[QUOTE="iamshivy"]i just dont like the wii.ShmenonPie

Exactly, it's abandoned it's fanbase to appeal to casuals, it has too many rehashed series, it has too many kiddy games and not enough mature ones, they milk you almost as bad as M$, they've failed this gen IMO. The only thing they do have is sales, but then again, that's mostly casuals.

so, technically they didn't really fail, not for nintendo and the devs anyways

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

oh please look at ur avatar... ''irony''
marth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 marth678
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts

Well.. If you cant afford the $10 for rechargable batteries, and the $15 charger, how can you afford the Wii?

Commenting on how you are tired at the end of the day, There are many games that don't require you to lift your arms. (Maybe you do need Wii Fit.) Super Paper Mario is an example of that.. Maybe Excite Truck.. But that requires turning that could be a bit much for you. :)

Also, on your mention of how many casual games Nintendo is pumping out of them, it's only one(excluding 3rd party). Wii Fit. None of the other games Nintendo is coming out with are casual.

But hey, we all have different opinions.

brettneo3012

Ownage much?

marth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 marth678
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts

tell me a game on the 360/ps3 as muature as gosfather or manhunt, or re4, or scarface, in manhunt you simulate murder, to me that makes the whole 360/ps3 line up look like kiddy games

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts

Reasons why I don't care:

1. because I don't

2. Because I don't

3. 8)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
deactivated-5a385958ec9cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 deactivated-5a385958ec9cd
Member since 2005 • 2293 Posts
There's only 4 or 5 starfoxes, and the only reason why there are so many is because the franchises have been around for a long time (the 80s). None of the M$ and Sony franchises are "rehashed" because they are new. And the only Sony franchise with 20 games, Metal Gear, is dated back to 1987. MG, MG2, Snake's Revenge, MGS 1 2 3 4, and their special editions, MPO, Online, Ac!d 1 and 2...
Rollingstones7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Rollingstones7
Member since 2005 • 592 Posts

Halo 3
GTA4 plus spinoffs
MGS4 and the one on PSP
Tekken 6
Virtua Fighter 4
Dragon Quest IX
SoulCalibur IV
Ace Combat 6
Turok 4
Project Gotham Racing 3
GT5
Devil May Cry 4
I mean all you are doing is complaining about something that you're promoting in the first place. And I know these frachises haven't been around as long as Nintendos, but they sure are building up some numbers behind their names pretty fast. So before you bash Nintendo's main franchises, remember the games you're hyping and how many there have been. peaceful_anger

Thank You!!! I will be directly quoting you in future articles if you don't mind.