RE7: Possibly not coming to XBone

• 90 results
#1 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

Japanese publication Sankei Shinbum has reported that Capcom will unveil Resident Evil 7 for PlayStation 4 at E3 in June however that didn't pan out as RE7 was a no show at E3 2014.

Like Us on Facebook

The report also quashes previous speculation that the next chapter in the multi-million selling survival horror franchise was to be an Xbox One exclusive release.

It should be noted though that the PS4 was the only platform mentioned, but that doesn't rule out an Xbox One release; Japanese media typically only mentions PlayStation platforms when it comes to the mainstream press reports.

Figured I would post this since it seems someone wanted to raise the spectre of the old rumor that it would be an XBone exclusive.

There's also some other interesting info in this article. If you consider yourself a Resident Evil fan, it's worth the click. If you still want to believe RE7 (Won't be called that fyi) is an XBox Exclsuive, feel free to watch the video below.

#2 Edited by Gamerno6666 (1597 posts) -

I hope this one doesn't turn out to be like re6. Also I am having a series fatigue. Capcom should end the series already.

#3 Posted by speedfog (3225 posts) -

Sure tc, sure.

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Sure tc, sure.

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13677 posts) -

Well it seems like Capcom has no say in what happens to their own IPs anymore.... LOL... Kingdoms Rise, Kingdoms Fall !

#6 Posted by dommeus (9376 posts) -

@Shewgenja:

Since the remake of REmake has been announced for a plethora of systems, including the X1, I doubt they would neglect to bring the next chapter of the franchise to that platform

#7 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@Shewgenja:

Since the remake of REmake has been announced for a plethora of systems, including the X1, I doubt they would neglect to bring the next chapter of the franchise to that platform

Yep. The article states that it's likely a matter of the presser being focused on the PS4 release of the title and debunking the myth than it is that it's not coming to PS4 than it is a confirmation that it won't come to XBone due to it not being mentioned. Since the XBone version wasn't mentioned though, it raises the possibility.

#8 Posted by Legend002 (7220 posts) -

Exclusively

to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC. Sorry iOS folks!

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13677 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries

Better than Mother's Milk ! :)

#11 Posted by AcidTango (615 posts) -

I wonder if 7 will be like the original games before 4.

#12 Posted by Bigboi500 (30056 posts) -

lolxbone

#13 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

Thanks for the possible news

#14 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Does it really matter, RE has turned into a POS along side FF. I don't think either game will be any good.

#15 Posted by Flubbbs (3153 posts) -

i wonder if they will announce it at TGS?

#16 Posted by Gue1 (10214 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

I wonder if 7 will be like the original games before 4.

we all wish for the same think. Excluding the tank controls of-course.

#17 Posted by Netret0120 (2206 posts) -

Series has outlived it's expiry date. Let it go out with a bang.

#18 Edited by Telekill (4711 posts) -

I'm not holding my breath on anything. Those fucks at Microsoft could easily try to money hat Resident Evil as well. Granted, it's not nearly as good as it once was but it's still a favorite long running series of mine.

#19 Edited by farrell2k (6365 posts) -

Don't care. No self-respecting person should have played a RE game since 4, almost 10 years ago.

#20 Edited by blamix99 (2059 posts) -

heard rumors it will be exclusive to the X1, and now there's a possibility it's not coming to the X1?

#22 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

# Unless Capcom take RE back to its roots, I wont even give 1 cent to play it. RE has gone from creepy, scary to sci-fi action and it doesn't work! RE games now resemble the RE movies which isn't a good thing IMO! I want tight, creepy corridors, static cameras and limited saves like RE, RE2, RE3 and RE:CV had!!

#23 Posted by SexyJazzCat (988 posts) -

@farrell2k: this just in, self respecting people like bad games.

#24 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11920 posts) -

Good.

#25 Posted by Star650 (4587 posts) -

it will come to xbox one, with the cost of developing a game increased significatly over the years, third party developers will go for Multi Platform rather than risk developing their games on a a single then deciding to port it.

I hope once revealed they don't rush it out, as I found RE6 to be a mess with Leon campaign being the best with some flows. I prefer to explore the enviorment solo without a partner.

I wouldn't mind a reboot to the series which I belive is needed .

#26 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Did that Yoshida BJ taste good?

Why? Looking for an alternative to the bitter salty taste of being an XBone fanboy?

#27 Edited by double_a73 (471 posts) -

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if it didn't come out on PS4 either

#28 Edited by B4X (5234 posts) -

@Shewgenja:

Between now and E3 2015 is a long time.

Cow: Cry about Tomb Raider, praise this mythical deal.

Could it be Microsoft swooped in and stole the game? Stopping the E3 reveal?

This could backfire in your face come TGS....

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja:

When did I complain about tomb raider? Quote me. I've been laughing about it.

#30 Edited by SolidTy (43825 posts) -

Hopefully RE7 won't be for PS360. I would love if it's not held back by older hardware to push the envelope for the PS4/Xbone.

#31 Posted by B4X (5234 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja:

I said COW... hook line and sinker

#32 Posted by madsnakehhh (14491 posts) -

Yay, another mindless shooter with big boobs girls and macho looking guys, honestly, who cares at this point about RE7, it could come only to Android and nobody would/should care.

#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72425 posts) -

@Shewgenja: So first it's an X1 exclusive and now it isn't even on it?

#34 Posted by Alcapello (955 posts) -

Hopefully this is true, if this actually happens it might be a day 1 buy for me

#35 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

The original Japanese article makes no mention of an XBone version, just the PS4 version. So, although not a confirmation, it does raise the possibility. What is for sure is that it is coming to PS4.

#36 Edited by Shewgenja (9631 posts) -

@b4x said:

I'm really getting used to being called Cow. I'm sure back in the Secret Lemming Lair, ya'll are convinced I'm like the super end boss cow or something.

#37 Posted by Zelda187 (950 posts) -

It's a shame what has happened to that franchise.

From a great survival horror experience to a mediocre action shooter.

#38 Posted by Liquid_ (2765 posts) -

@Gamerno6666 said:

I hope this one doesn't turn out to be like re6. Also I am having a series fatigue. Capcom should end the series already.

no one cares

#39 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9843 posts) -

i dont get it, first they said it was gonna be X1 exclusive and that M$ had bought it back in February.

Now its gonna be PS4 exclusive?

#40 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja:

That's odd since it's not a exclusive and no advantage to Xbone even at launch. Those cows you're referring to a fickle bunch I guess and don't know what exclusive means.

#41 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72425 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The original Japanese article makes no mention of an XBone version, just the PS4 version. So, although not a confirmation, it does raise the possibility. What is for sure is that it is coming to PS4.

Yeah, i just don't make sense of this. Because journsalists swore it was an X1 exclusive. To be honest i don't really care since i have never been a big fan of Capcom

#42 Posted by clone01 (24842 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Did that Yoshida BJ taste good?

Why? Looking for an alternative to the bitter salty taste of being an XBone fanboy?

Why would you want to be a fanboy of anything? That's just sad. But, you know, some of us, unlike yourself, have dignity and priorities in their life.

#43 Posted by ominous_titan (731 posts) -

Resident evil needs a full reboot. Go right back to the beginning in another area like a chinese prison and bring back the fear this game was known for. Simple character like Prison guard or prisoner no fancy technology no superhero character. It needs to be creepy and make you feel alone and helpless ,be unnerving and get under your skin.lots of melee and close up encounters where you dread every corner or new room.

#44 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

Capcom does not make exclusive games.

#45 Posted by B4X (5234 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

I'm really getting used to being called Cow. I'm sure back in the Secret Lemming Lair, ya'll are convinced I'm like the super end boss cow or something.

Nah...dude you just post at least 5 FUD posts on here a month about Microsoft that are proven wrong, or composed of complete hyperbole.

Here's another thread still open that is completely fabricated. With a FUD title topic.

Keep up the good work. You make us all proud.

#46 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1242 posts) -

All I want is the style of the earlier games with the gameplay of 4. While 4 can still be slightly clunky, it grants more movement and shooting accuracy and being able to actually look around. After playing PT, I could easily see another haunted house RE game, but looking around in 3rd person with the mechanics of 4. I want to get into RE 0,1 and 2, but the extreme tank controls stop me. They don't make it scary, they just make it frustrating to play.

If RE7 ends up being another action game like RE6, then I'll pass. I don't care what console it comes out for, I just want a actual Horror game, not a action game with creepy creatures.

I feel like they should just reboot the whole series overall. Keep some of the popular characters or make new ones. But they should make a new story that doesn't involve so many super mutants. Or take a new direction with a new series that involves all supernatural things and not just zombies. Zombies aren't scary, ghosts and demons are much scarier.

Basically all I'm saying is they shouldn't keep going with the current story or idea of Resident Evil and should re-image it completely. I'm only saying this because P.T. scared the crap out of me and now I want more of it. I want RE to be scary again

#47 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

I love all resident evil games even 6, and I understand that they have to evolve to keep selling. I just think the 6 story mode was abit of drag, I loved 5. I hope it's on xbox one, ps4 and PC. No need for exclusivity we all should have Resident evil !

#48 Edited by HernandeZzzz (642 posts) -

But is it coming to the Wii U?

Huehuehuehue

#49 Posted by silversix_ (14795 posts) -

Lets be real, RE is dead and its not important to which platform it ends up on. Lems won't miss much if its not on xbone

#50 Posted by lundy86_4 (43540 posts) -

After RE6, why is it on any system?