RE6 = Capcom's final nail in the coffin?

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

Wow unlimited ammo?!?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

lleW ev'yeht ylniatrec nellaf morf siouverp sthgieh dna yldas I t'nod ees meht gnitcerroc taht llaf yna emit noos. (Well they've certainly fallen from previous heights and sadly I don't see them correcting that fall any time soon)

Goyoshi12

Why the hell did you do that...

yM gis fi uoy lliw. (My sig if you will)

That's quite a b*tch of a bet.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#153 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

It'll sell well. Which is sad

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

There must have been a major change in management of the company or something, I know Kamiya and Inafune left, but who else?

ReadingRainbow4

This.

Capcom is obviously not the same company it once was. They've had their heyday and are in gradual decline as is evidenced by their actions this gen. Unfortunate, but companies prosper and falter, it's just the nature of business. To let RE not only remove itself further from the previous games and pedigree, but be so sloppy in execution is really shocking. Capcom is suffering from a serious lack of competent management, hopefully they can turn that around and salvage the great legacy they once had.

Man, this gen has seen some great companies fall or have started their decline. Quite sad and depressing.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#155 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

i wasnt excpecting the score to be THIS low.....damn

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
if they want extra sales why not port Dragon's Dogma to PC so I can buy it? :Prilpas
This. Dragon's Dogma on PC would be great.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

They still make the best fighting games

Timstuff

:lol:

If by "best" he means "most expensive," he's right! :lol:

I am more excited about the My Little Pony fighting game than I was about Street Fighter X Tekken (which I never even bought).

Yes, I do mean best since they made Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Whether or not they're expensive has nothing to do with the fact that those are the 2 best fighting games that are actively played in the fighting game community.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#158 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Lord_Omikron666

If by "best" he means "most expensive," he's right! :lol:

I am more excited about the My Little Pony fighting game than I was about Street Fighter X Tekken (which I never even bought).

Yes, I do mean best since they made Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Whether or not they're expensive has nothing to do with the fact that those are the 2 best fighting games that are actively played in the fighting game community.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 sucks, and UMVC3 did not change that.

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Lord_Omikron666

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]If by "best" he means "most expensive," he's right! :lol:

Timstuff

You can think whatever you want, however, UMVC3 is the most widely played fighting game in the FGC next to SSF4:AE, so don't even talk about a game you hardly understand.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]Yes, I do mean best since they made Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Whether or not they're expensive has nothing to do with the fact that those are the 2 best fighting games that are actively played in the fighting game community.

Lord_Omikron666

You can think whatever you want, however, UMVC3 is the most widely played fighting game in the FGC next to SSF4:AE, so don't even talk about a game you hardly understand.

And Call of Duty is the most played First Person Shooter in the pro circuit. That doesn't mean I have to think it's good.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

I can't believe how bad RE6 is when looking back to the classics such as RE, RE2, RE3 and RE4. How the franchise have fallen... It's so sad.

The nightmare started with RE5. I agreed with GameSpot's 4.5 review of RE6, the game is just terrible!

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Lord_Omikron666

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Timstuff

And Call of Duty is the most played First Person Shooter in the pro circuit. That doesn't mean I have to think it's good.

You don't have to like it, but I'll reiterate. Capcom still makes the best fighting games, one of them being UMVC3, otherwise it wouldn't be the most played and the most hyped fighting game there is, next to SSF4:AE, which is another Capcom fighting game.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#163 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Capcom still have some if not the best fighting series ever.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
just got my copy of resi 6 but it's not exactly flying off the shelves apparently.
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#165 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

Depends on the sales.

Puckhog04
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#166 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still alive.

I mean there IS a Sticky.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

LegatoSkyheart
This thread is more about capcom though.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#168 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

rjdofu

This thread is more about capcom though.

yeah, but this can be a Resident Evil 6 discussion too. I'm just saying because RE6 is in the title.

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
Great game, I love it. Thank you Capcom. Ignore the butthurt haters, they will break down and buy the game eventually.
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Well, Remember Me looks pretty good and Dragons Dogma was good too so I don't tihnk they've lost all integrity yet.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
From the demo I played, I would of given it a 6.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

Timstuff

Your opinion is immaterial. UMVC3 is great B)
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]Idk its selling alot at my midnight atmCrossel777

I have no doubt it will sell well solely on brand name alone. The least we can hope for is that it sells far lower than Capcom's expectations.

LOL :lol: "we can hope" Some people are SO SAD. I hope their great sales doesn't cause you nightmares :P
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LastRambo341

I can't believe how bad RE6 is when looking back to the classics such as RE, RE2, RE3 and RE4. How the franchise have fallen... It's so sad.

The nightmare started with RE5. I agreed with GameSpot's 4.5 review of RE6, the game is just terrible!

GamerwillzPS
Another idiotic nostalgic RE fanboy
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#175 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

LastRambo341

nothing about nostalgic.RE6 became something it's not,playing the demo on the chris part i thought i was playing ghost recon till i blew a limb off and it grew a shield.while i feel leon's story seems like the right direction.this game has lost it's identity completly

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

almasdeathchild

nothing about nostalgic.RE6 became something it's not,playing the demo on the chris part i thought i was playing ghost recon till i blew a limb off and it grew a shield.while i feel leon's story seems like the right direction.this game has lost it's identity completly

Uhhhhh.....you do realize that there are others who like the Chris-like gameplay, right?
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#177 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Another idiotic nostalgic RE fanboyLastRambo341

Uhhhhh.....you do realize that there are others who like the Chris-like gameplay, right?

yeah i'm fully aware of that. but that's not my point.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#178 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I hate it when people say (insert something here) = (some companies name)'s final nail in the coffin? And imo, no it's not. As much as I don't like them, I know that they will be around for a long time to come.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
The same thing will happen with devil may cry 5. hopefully it will wake capcom up.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#180 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

If it doesn't do well in sells I hope it will give Capcom a wake up call.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
From the demo I played, I would of given it a 6. The_Pacific
That's about where I'm at with it. Still on the fence about whether I'll buy it or not.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

[QUOTE="Seabas989"]

With the fanbase that capcom has? No.

Timstuff

Capcom has been eliminating their fanbase for years. Street Fighter X Tekken was a sales flop. SF4's various incarnations have sold 7 million copies, and SFXT sold less than 700 thousand copies. There was a huge backlash against the game pre-release, and the fans decided to prove that just because it says "Capcom" on the box doesn't mean they have to buy it.

True but then again there are people in that fanbase that defended UMvsC3 and on disk DLC. Why else do you think capcom can get away with that stuff?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Timstuff
Great game, I love it. Thank you Capcom. Ignore the butthurt haters, they will break down and buy the game eventually.EzcapeTheFate
That was the same line of thinking behind SFXT, and whaddyaknow, it was a sales flop. Capcom has been learning the hard way that their fans don't have the blind loyalty that Capcom once thought they did.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#184 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#185 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Only CRAPCOM game ill buy are Onimusha or Breath of Fire given if they revive either series and stick to the roots.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?tjoeb123

No, it's not. The lash out is ridiculous, I have never bashed a game so bad in my life, even games that I've hated playing.

But whatever, this is how 'gamers' have evolved over the last 5 years, so it can't be helped.

Not sure if my opinion to tell you to buy it will make you buy it considering everyone else who's bashing the hell out of this game.

The outburst for this game is insane, other than games that are actually BROKEN like Big Rigs, this is the worst reception I've seen in a long time and not even ORC was as bad as this.

This game won't be the end of Capcom either, because everyone bought it.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

"Are they worth supporting any more?" Seriously? Who gives a **** about this moral code of conduct. We're talking about video games. If Capcom makes good ones, like Dragon's Dogma, I'll buy them (though admittedly, I haven't played DD yet, but I'd like to). If they make bad ones, like RE6, I'll move along merrily with my nose turned up. That's about the extent of the argument, and the conclusion any rational person would come to. I'm not going to boycott Capcom's games simply because they ****ed up on one.

I hope and pray they learn from their mistakes, but if not, who cares. The market will ultimately decide whether or not they want more games like RE6, and majority rules.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?NirdBerd

No, it's not. The lash out is ridiculous, I have never bashed a game so bad in my life, even games that I've hated playing.

But whatever, this is how 'gamers' have evolved over the last 5 years, so it can't be helped.

Not sure if my opinion to tell you to buy it will make you buy it considering everyone else who's bashing the hell out of this game.

The outburst for this game is insane, other than games that are actually BROKEN like Big Rigs, this is the worst reception I've seen in a long time and not even ORC was as bad as this.

This game won't be the end of Capcom either, because everyone bought it.

This outburst shouldn't be surprising at all. Resident Evil is a very well received and a very popular series. The fact that the latest sequel is a bad game will give people something to really talk about.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#189 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?tjoeb123

Lets put it this way the games bargin bin or rental material at best.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It's ether gonna be a fun game or a game people are gonna hate cause it isn't a RE game which the survival horror aspect of the series has been dead since 2002, which people need to shut up and grow up, beating a dead horse for a decade is just sad and pathetic. We all know if the current RE games were the same as the originals it would sink so hard, it only worked for the RE1 remake but tanked so hard when they tried to do it with RE0.

You also have to take it that half the people bashing the game haven't even played it lol :lol:

Also RE6 is no where as bad as RE ORC,Gaiden and Gun Survivor, now those are awful RE games.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?Ballroompirate

It's ether gonna be a fun game or a game people are gonna hate cause it isn't a RE game which the survival horror aspect of the series has been dead since 2002, which people need to shut up and grow up, beating a dead horse for a decade is just sad and pathetic. We all know if the current RE games were the same as the originals it would sink so hard, it only worked for the RE1 remake but tanked so hard when they tried to do it with RE0.

You also have to take it that half the people bashing the game haven't even played it lol :lol:

Also RE6 is no where as bad as RE ORC,Gaiden and Gun Survivor, now those are awful RE games.

And I'am sick of idiots pulling the "it's not old school so they hate it" card to try to defend this train wreck.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="tjoeb123"]So RE6 is now out. People play it. Is it really as bad as people are saying it is? And have you had it with Crapcom?Newhopes

And I'am sick of idiots pulling the "it's not old school so they hate it" card to try to defend this train wreck.

Have you even beat the game?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

There's a sticky for this.