RE6 = Capcom's final nail in the coffin?

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#101 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

lleW ev'yeht ylniatrec nellaf morf siouverp sthgieh dna yldas I t'nod ees meht gnitcerroc taht llaf yna emit noos. (Well they've certainly fallen from previous heights and sadly I don't see them correcting that fall any time soon)

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lleW ev'yeht ylniatrec nellaf morf siouverp sthgieh dna yldas I t'nod ees meht gnitcerroc taht llaf yna emit noos. (Well they've certainly fallen from previous heights and sadly I don't see them correcting that fall any time soon)

Goyoshi12
Why the hell did you do that...
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#103 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
if they want extra sales why not port Dragon's Dogma to PC so I can buy it? :Prilpas
That would be a good idea... and is it also developed with MT Framework? If so then it would be easy.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#104 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

tjoeb123

He lost a bet.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

tjoeb123

yM gis fi uoy lliw. (My sig if you will)

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.JohnnyCageMK
SfxT has an 84 metacritic.....
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Final nail? This is like the first nail.
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.Capitan_Kid

So? everybody knows the game sucks. Find someone that likes it.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
The RE6 demo was awful. I didn't expect the full game to be any better.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#111 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Kevin V is a troll in the gaming review world imo. It gets decent scores almost everywhere. Kevin tries hard again.

But Capcom should stop with the DLC things...

speedfog
well lemmings should feel right at home with this criticism since van ord sounds like a lemming bashing games that is more like a movie. anyway gs in the past were the most critical review site out there. it didn't give out 9's easily. many games that scored 9's on other website most likely ended up being 8-8.5 here. van ord just called it like he sees it
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.JohnnyCageMK

its decent...very difficult learning curve compared to sf4....if thats what you mean by the game sucking
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.JohnnyCageMK

It sold a lot and has a high meta. People like it. Youre just a dumbass
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Pretty much the only franchise which isn't one yet (if that makes any sense) is Dragon's Dogma that worth anything.
Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

RIP Resident Evil. Lets not recognize 5 and 6. Ever.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

Sonicplys
Or ORC.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Capcom and SE are in a race to the bottom.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts
[QUOTE="zekere"]

What's happening to the Japanese gaming industry? Such great franchises going to waste? Final Fantasy and Resident Evil...back in PS1 days stores opened at midnight for these gems, and now they've become victim to their own shadows...I'm glad the Souls games are out there that proof that not all is bad though.

rjdofu
Westernization, forgetting what makes their game great and just a typical dont-give-a-fck attitude toward their old fanbase. Having said that, this sh!t will probably sell like hot cakes.

I agree
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

It wasn't bad but I didn't like it and I don't think it was nearly as good as mvc2. The combat was way too button mashy. After just a few minutes of training anyone could learn a combo with any character that could juggle you for half the match. At least in MVC 2, with a few excpetions with 2 or 3 characters it took forever to learn the timing to pull off such long lasting combos. I just didn't find the combat nearly as fun or as deep as 2. It also had an overall bland look and feel to it. X factor was stupid also.

Ontop of the game itself the way they handled the release was appauling. They charged 60$ for a beta test of the game and released a version that had all the basic things the original should have in the same year about 7 months later. The original version had a criminally small amount of stages, small roster, low online functionality. etc. And they did this so they could get an extra 40$ out of you. You don't get much lower than that. Its pretty obvious they held out on things like spectator mode just to put it in later to get people to buy it.

VendettaRed07

What's wrong with allowing noobs to actually do basic combos? It didn't take away the fact that advanced combos and tactics still took alot of skill. Making a learning curve absurdly hard doesn't make a game good, it just makes it frustrating.

the orignial had 12 stages and 38 characters, how is that small? the newer game added in 12 new characters, and at the normal 5 dollar dlc rate, they actually saved you money.

I can understand making it easier because some aspects of MVC2 were too hard, but being able to simply bounce guys off the ground after an already long easy combo and make it even longer is what killed it. MVc2 was really difficult but if you want to do these crazy combos that last so long and do so much damage they should be that hard. I just played it for so long and nothing felt rewarding even when I learned more advanced combos. It just wasn't fun.

I'd recommend learning Vergils Touch of death combo or Dooms Team arial exchange combo then, both are insane.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="TopTierHustler"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] Marvel vs Capcom 3 is awesome. Wtf you smokin brah?Rayne718

and the new DMC looks good.

No. No it doesn't. It's westernized trash. The game will be bad and capcom should feel bad

I'd like to see how it turns out.

They put alot of focus on combat, so I think it will more likely than not be good.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#121 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

They still got Ace Attorney. Hopefully, they don't mess that franchise up.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#122 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Capcom is dead. Street Fighter x Tekken, Operation Raccoon City, RE6, DMC reboot, killing off Mega Man. They killed all their big franchises right there.Capitan_Kid

Last time I checked Strett Fighter 4 had a 94 on Metacritic too.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#123 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

What's happening to the Japanese gaming industry? Such great franchises going to waste? Final Fantasy and Resident Evil...back in PS1 days stores opened at midnight for these gems, and now they've become victim to their own shadows...I'm glad the Souls games are out there that proof that not all is bad though.

zekere
They are trying to capture Western audiences. I think that's bad because most western games / gamers have terrible taste in games.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#124 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="zekere"]

Mr_Cumberdale

They are trying to capture Western audiences. I think that's bad because most western games / gamers have terrible taste in games.

Resident Evil 6 is bad because Capcom is copying the wrong games this time. The series was great when it was an Alone in the Dark clone.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#125 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

When Resident Evil 4 was made it was like no game we had seen before but looking at certain games in the series now they seem to be implenting things into the series that shouldn't even be there.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
they just went full COD never go full COD
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#127 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

They still have Ace Attorney to redeem themselves.

Or they can give us Dino Crisis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#128 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

RE:ORC sold great so I dont see why RE6 wouldnt, even with all the bad publicity

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

RE5 should have got a 4.5 as well.

chocolate1325

Nah an 8.5 was what it deserved it was a good game but dissapointing.

Chris Redfield punching a giant boulder inside an active volacano...nothing with that deserves an 8.5.
Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

Ofc it is worth support Capcom, they make MONSTER HUNTER for christ sake !!!! :evil:

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#131 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

HoolaHoopMan

Chris Redfield punching a giant boulder inside an active volacano...nothing with that deserves an 8.5.

Are you kidding me? Thats a GOTY right there :P

Nah, but really, that was a classic RE moment with how silly it was

"Jill Sandwich"

"Master of Unlocking"

RE games are full of stupid moments like that.

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts
[QUOTE="chocolate1325"]

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

HoolaHoopMan

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is by far the funniest (and truest) comment I've ever read! This is a sad day for videogames. If RE5 flopped in sales as well as RE:ORC, then maybe Capcom would have learned quickly. Hopefully DMC follows in this manner for them to realize their recent strategies are terrible. Shinji Mikami, Hideo Kojima, and some other developers called this early! Japanese game development is dead!
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
they will soon release Gold Edition .....
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Nah an 8.5 was what it deserved it was a good game but dissapointing.

Vatusus

"Jill Sandwich"

"Master of Unlocking"

Cheese was always a little part of RE, but it just took it to another level. RE4 was the last good one, and even that one irked me a bit in several ways.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
I'd like a new 2D Mega Man game.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"][QUOTE="chocolate1325"]Nah an 8.5 was what it deserved it was a good game but dissapointing.

Vatusus

"Jill Sandwich"

"Master of Unlocking"

very true but the chris boulder is really really hard to swallow.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#137 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Couldn't they have done this one game ago?? I was actually going to try this one!! lol :(
GICobraBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GICobraBlack
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

somebody doesn't like change.

Avatar image for Frankenstrat247
Frankenstrat247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#139 Frankenstrat247
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

somebody doesn't like change.

GICobraBlack

Yeah, it's funny how some people will prefer a time when their favorite franchises weren't in the process of being ruined or exploited.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#140 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

zekere

Actually, FF really hasn't changed that much and has for the most part stuck to it's roots while trying to keep things fresh. For some reason people call them Linear now when in reality all the old ones were quite linear as well, they just seemed non linear because they gave you a world map... but you couldn't really visit half the places due to level contraints and in reality had to follow the story line up until the last part of the game where you could then do side quests. Personally I have liked all the FF games, minus 11 and 14 as I hate mmos. Most of the FF fanbase is stuck in Nastalgia land and can't seem to realize the FF games really haven't gone down hill. Sure, some are better than others but are still quite good.

It's all opinion, personally I think FFXIII and XIII-2 are better than the dark games, I'm not a fan of the real time combat and lack of story and personable characters.

As for Resi I just don't know, I think I may still get 6 just because I have the anthology colection preordered. I get a discount on it, plus it has 1-5. I would pretty much spend 60 bucks alone on the past games, it would be nice to actually play the old ones on my PS3 instead of having to track down the old Gamecube or PS1 titles and still pay around that same amount.

But I agree, RE 6 so far I am having very mixed feelings about. Revalations was good, I wish 6 was like revalations and just starred 1 character. In other words, I want RE4-2 with a bit more suspense thrown in. I am a fan of RE4/5's control scheme. I don't get why everyone is whining that you couldn't move and shoot. RE6 does play kinda odd and seems clumsy, but I want to play the full game before I make my final verdict.

As for capcom fighters, I am done with, they have rerelased their games way to many times, put out too much DLC. I will support Namco and Team Ninja for fighters from here on out as they release full games and don't release 3 versions of the same game within a year of the original.

DMC is looking good though, I think Capcom may have done right by giving the series to a western developer. While I'm not the biggest fan of the new look for Dante, the gameplay looks solid.

And thats all I can think for capcom right now though, never been a fan of Monster Hunter so I can't really say much about it. I didn't like Dead Rising either. Dragons Dogma does look interesting and I may try it out someday.

But I hope these Reviews may make them take a look back and look why 4 and below were so well liked. RE4 was the ground breaker, the best balance between the series. It was a bit more action like, giving a much superior way of aiming and such, but still kept things slow. RE6 does feel way to fast.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#142 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

With the fanbase that capcom has? No.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#143 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Seabas989
I bet 3/4 of that fanbase is the old fanbase that now hates...dare I say it....Crapcpom. Also, HOW DO YOU FVCK UP BASIC GAMEPLAY CONTROLS......EVEN ON THE KINECT?!?!?! (Steel Batallion)
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#144 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

One mediocre game that will still sell well, in a popular franchise, made by a high profile company, is the final nail in their coffin?

OP, do you not have even a rudimentary understanding of business?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Seabas989

Crapcom still have fanbases? Amazing. After all the fanbase screwage that Crapcom has portrayed over the years.. It would be no surprise fanbases have greatly diminished. Resident Evil is one of their few popular franchise. If that goes they don't have much left. It will be their down fall.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

>watches it sell millions of copies

yao-ming-****-that-guy-rage-face.png

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts
Idk its selling alot at my midnight atm
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Idk its selling alot at my midnight atmMario1331
I have no doubt it will sell well solely on brand name alone. The least we can hope for is that it sells far lower than Capcom's expectations.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
[QUOTE="Sonicplys"]

TheDidact
Or ORC.

The "Trilogy of suck" they shall forever be known as.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Seabas989
Capcom has been eliminating their fanbase for years. Street Fighter X Tekken was a sales flop. SF4's various incarnations have sold 7 million copies, and SFXT sold less than 700 thousand copies. There was a huge backlash against the game pre-release, and the fans decided to prove that just because it says "Capcom" on the box doesn't mean they have to buy it.