RE2 and RE3 REmakes on the Wii.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

Since the Wii is cheaper to develop games for, and some sites say RE4 WiiEdition has great controls, wouldn't it be great if Capcom had remakes of these 2 games? With re4 style gameplay, or even REmake gameplay. We know the graphics would be on par with at least REmake on the cube. This is just wishful thinking by the way. I really hope they did remake those games. Thoughts???

Power_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Power_47
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles will feature RE2 + RE3 levels with newly done graphics

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
I'd be all for it as long as the games didn't have that terrible tank control system. After playing RE4, it's hard to go back.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts

I'd be all for it as long as the games didn't have that terrible tank control system. After playing RE4, it's hard to go back.SmashBrosLegend

*laughs thinking back on that*

Yeah, you were driving a tank in those games, and always have the barrel (read: camera) pointed in the wrong direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts
I'd be all for it as long as the games didn't have that terrible tank control system. After playing RE4, it's hard to go back.SmashBrosLegend
Agreed. I hope all new RE games have the atmosphere of the first ones, but the gameplay of 4. 4 wasn't much of an RE game at all, but the controls were awesome, and if i oculd've played like that in the early ones, i may have actually finished them. I loved the creepy atmosphere etc., but the controls usually frustrated me and i'd just give up.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
I'm more up for a remake RE0-4 on the 360...and a completely new RE storyline for the wii...
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts
Oh god, I nearly fainted. I thought this thread was going to tell me they had been confirmed--I am so disappointed. Oh well, whatever.
jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts

Since the Wii is cheaper to develop games for, and some sites say RE4 WiiEdition has great controls, wouldn't it be great if Capcom had remakes of these 2 games? With re4 style gameplay, or even REmake gameplay. We know the graphics would be on par with at least REmake on the cube. This is just wishful thinking by the way. I really hope they did remake those games. Thoughts???

darkhadou

I 100% agree.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

darkhadou

Nah, I may sound somewhat of a purist, but I rather they keep the gameplay style from the old. Tthe slow paced style kind of made it scarier than Resident Evil 4.

DarkT33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkT33
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

No. Companies should be spending time and money on making new games. Not porting over old games and adding new controls. Stop being lazy capcom!!!

I'm sick of these lazy devs trying to make a quick buck on the wii