Razorfist tears apart IGN and gaming journalism

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsxIVjgS6sE

I know he's not very popular around here because he isn't afraid to share his actual god honest opinion and refuses to be a little bandwagon jumping b*tch but listen to his words. Like him or not, the man speaks the truth. And Silent Hill Downpour is indeed good as confirmed by razorfist.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

People like Bandwagon's 'round these parts, partner.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Speaking of opinion, why would I want to listen to his when I can make my own and not be a bandwagon b!tch?
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

"And Silent Hill Downpour is indeed good as confirmed by razorfist."... :lol:

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

He sounds extremely paranoid. Shocking. He takes where there is some truth, then blows it out of proportion. What is the reality that you can induce from this is that major gaming sites write more pieces about games they believe will bring more traffic. Advertisers realizie this traffic for interest in their game and post their ads there. Instead, he takes the fact that he has a different opinion than some reviewers as a sign that there MUST be soemthing corrupt here other than simple business...

What a joke.

Maneil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maneil99
Member since 2012 • 842 Posts

why you always post his ****

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts

Stealth self-promotion

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
Speaking of opinion, why would I want to listen to his when I can make my own and not be a bandwagon b!tch?DragonfireXZ95
Hahaha! System Wars - 12,662 Master Shake Fail - 0
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
this guy has such a god complex
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I'd rather make up my own mind on games thank you.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

ME3  metascore - 93

Silent Hill - 68

Not to mention the previous games were AAA on IGN, ME2 was actually their GOTY. No surprise they would have more articles about it than Silent Hill, a series that hasn't been relevant for over a half decade now. 

PS4 had an event. Xbox 720 has not. I don't think you can compare. :|

This dude is an idiot. 

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

So we need to jump on your bandwagon then?

Anyways, most people find gaming journalism to be a joke.  Seems like this guy is extremely late to the party.... like a generation and half late.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

What a pompous, pretentious, full of himself know it all. I don't care what he has to say, when he annoys me just by looking at him I can't listen to anything he talks about. 

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
Counting all the a*sholes in the room. Well I'm definitely not alone.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Razorfist? The try-hard who thinks he's better than Yahtzee because he's loud and has an annoying wannabe "metal" haircut?
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

What a pompous, pretentious, full of himself know it all. I don't care what he has to say, when he annoys me just by looking at him I can't listen to anything he talks about. 

seanmcloughlin

Well I just watched the whole sh*t.  Its no different than any long winded, overblown post on SW.  It just happens to be in video form.

And yes, there is a lot of truth in there, but it all falls into captain obvious territory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Wiimotefan

Well I just watched the whole sh*t.  Its no different than any long winded, overblown post on SW.  It just happens to be in video form.

And yes, there is a lot of truth in there, but it all falls into captain obvious territory.

I decided to give him a chance and nope. All he does is, like you said, speak the blatant obvious. but he does it in such a God awful way. he trash talks IGN when his talking style sounds right from IGN. Nothing but trying to sound smart with big words and Hyperbole. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Razorfist? The try-hard who thinks he's better than Yahtzee because he's loud and has an annoying wannabe "metal" haircut?PannicAtack

Glad you brought up the metal part. His room and his attire makes it seem like he thinks it's still 1980 

epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 epicgameplayer
Member since 2013 • 882 Posts
He started off so good, and he was making good points, but then he lost it towards the end :( Kind of disappointed lol. I mean, is he really complaining that IGN covered the PS4? The PS4 reveal was a monumental event. First time a next gen console had been revealed. Of course ign covered it etensively What the f!ck does he expect, For ign to cover Microsoft instead, when Microsoft wasnt even in the picture, and when Microsoft didnt even have a release date for their reveal? Dude sounds like a thinely veiled xbox fanboy Besides, No one will want to see Microsoft reveal a casual Kinect box 720 either. Next gen belongs to Sony and the PS4. If he's going to cry about it, then he should stay off the internet
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

20 seconds in, and I was out, just couldn't take it anymore...

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Razorfist? The try-hard who thinks he's better than Yahtzee because he's loud and has an annoying wannabe "metal" haircut?seanmcloughlin

Glad you brought up the metal part. His room and his attire makes it seem like he thinks it's still 1980 

He's a grade-A ass in the comments section, too. He did a rant about Obsidian being terrible (which was filled with a few chucklers like "and when they couldn't finish Kotor 2 they blamed Bioware"), and among other self-aggrandizing in the comments, he said something to the effect of "I believe you confuse me with a fedora-wearing, untalented anglo-Australian hack."
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

He's fairly entertaining, but I pretty much don't agree with anything that he says.

His flock is astonishingly stupid.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
I got half way through the video and I wanted to smash my phone into millions of pieces.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Razorfist? The try-hard who thinks he's better than Yahtzee because he's loud and has an annoying wannabe "metal" haircut?PannicAtack

He's a grade-A ass in the comments section, too. He did a rant about Obsidian being terrible (which was filled with a few chucklers like "and when they couldn't finish Kotor 2 they blamed Bioware"), and among other self-aggrandizing in the comments, he said something to the effect of "I believe you confuse me with a fedora-wearing, untalented anglo-Australian hack."

Because he somehow thinks he's always right and his opinions are the be all and end all of discussion. Seems to get high off the sound of his own voice, but when you go against the grain you're suddenly cool, and people love to see that sh!t for some reason. 

He really does scream of a Yahtzee type of person or at least someone trying to get the success of Yahtzee or Angry Joe just by being loud and not buckling to popular opinion and hating everything

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lx_theo

So we need to jump on your bandwagon then?

Anyways, most people find gaming journalism to be a joke.  Seems like this guy is extremely late to the party.... like a generation and half late.

Wiimotefan
Correction... Most people find journalism to be a joke. No journalism is without its bias.
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Xaero_Gravity
I actually agree with a lot of what he said. Shame he didn't call Colin Moriarty in particular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1

He's fairly entertaining, but I pretty much don't agree with anything that he says.

His flock is astonishingly stupid.

Inconsistancy

Most on youtube are 

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
hes really a good speaker O_O so why does everyone hate on him? I think ill watch a few more videos.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lx_theo

hes really a good speaker O_O so why does everyone hate on him? I think ill watch a few more videos.murat8
Because he's a youtuber who talks about his opinion and paranoia as fact in a condescending way, and has a history of a god complex.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59b71619573a1

hes really a good speaker O_O so why does everyone hate on him? I think ill watch a few more videos.murat8

Nothing he's saying is any different than what's said here on SW or any gaming forum. he just does it in a way that makes him sound smarter than he actually is. And everyone loves rants "Stickin it to the man" and that's why idiots gravitate to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="murat8"]hes really a good speaker O_O so why does everyone hate on him? I think ill watch a few more videos.lx_theo

Because he's a youtuber who talks about his opinion and paranoia as fact in a condescending way, and has a history of a god complex.

He would actually fit right in at IGN, the very company he's berating

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
OK watched another video, not so great kind of fanboyish, dont think ill sub, still think he can have a pretty good career talking, cuz i pay attention when he talks.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="murat8"]hes really a good speaker O_O so why does everyone hate on him? I think ill watch a few more videos.seanmcloughlin

He would actually fit right in at IGN, the very company he's berating

I'd say he'd fit in at any news site. You see people like that all over. Shoot, I just saw two articles here in the past day where the writer was blatantly like that. I see them on places like Fox news. I see them on stuff for movies and other mediums too. Its why I stopped caring about the opinions in them. I just use them to get the basic info and form my own opinions.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Razorfist cracks me up.  I look forward to a lot of his videos.  

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Rocker6
Master shake tends to like internet morons. Birds of a feather, I guess.
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I hate gamers who talk and show their faces on their gaming youtube channels, I rarely watch that stuff. I watched most of that video however and this guy is nothing special. He's like everybody else as far as I am concerned. Another "angry" gamer on youtube. 

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Master_ShakeXXX

Counting all the a*sholes in the room. Well I'm definitely not alone.Xaero_Gravity

I love that song <3

epicgameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 epicgameplayer
Member since 2013 • 882 Posts
I addition to everything else I said earlier, The xboz 360 is in dead last place lol (that makes Microsoft 0-2 for console generations lol) So he is even more of a moron. The PS3 is in second place and will probably end up passing the Wii if Sony continues to support the PS3, which th ey will And even then, The PS3 IS alreasy in first place when it comes to what actually matters to gamers i.e PS3 has the best exclusives, free online, blue ray, and better capable graphics etc Like I said, this guy sounds like a thinly veiled xbox fanboy
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xaero_Gravity

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Counting all the a*sholes in the room. Well I'm definitely not alone.Master_ShakeXXX

I love that song <3

I know my dear. ;) You posted a link to it in the Halo 4 hype thread and it seemed that you and I were the only ones that liked it. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

clone01

Master shake tends to like internet morons. Birds of a feather, I guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if it WAS master shake, he keeps linking this crap

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Because he somehow thinks he's always right and his opinions are the be all and end all of discussion. Seems to get high off the sound of his own voice, but when you go against the grain you're suddenly cool, and people love to see that sh!t for some reason. 

He really does scream of a Yahtzee type of person or at least someone trying to get the success of Yahtzee or Angry Joe just by being loud and not buckling to popular opinion and hating everything

I don't agree with 70% of his sh*t opinions. The guy thinks that Metal Gear Solid or anything even remotely cinematic for that matter, and Japanese developed games in general, are the gaming equivalent to the anti-christ. Yet I still respect the man for so fearlessly and proudly exercizing his right of free speech and doing so in such an entertaining manner. He just doesn't give a sh*t. His mind is impervious to the brainwashing methods used by the bought and paid for modern day media.  Mother f*cker should be the most beloved critic on the internet.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PannicAtack

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] He's a grade-A ass in the comments section, too. He did a rant about Obsidian being terrible (which was filled with a few chucklers like "and when they couldn't finish Kotor 2 they blamed Bioware"), and among other self-aggrandizing in the comments, he said something to the effect of "I believe you confuse me with a fedora-wearing, untalented anglo-Australian hack."Master_ShakeXXX

I don't agree with 70% of his sh*t opinions. The guy thinks that Metal Gear Solid or anything even remotely cinematic for that matter, and Japanese developed games in general, are the gaming equivalent to the anti-christ. Yet I still respect the man for so fearlessly and proudly exercizing his right of free speech and doing so in such an entertaining manner. He just doesn't give a sh*t. His mind is impervious to the brainwashing methods used by the bought and paid for modern day media.  Mother f*cker should be the most beloved critic on the internet.

Because making an ass out of yourself on the internet takes so much courage.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lx_theo

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"] He's a grade-A ass in the comments section, too. He did a rant about Obsidian being terrible (which was filled with a few chucklers like "and when they couldn't finish Kotor 2 they blamed Bioware"), and among other self-aggrandizing in the comments, he said something to the effect of "I believe you confuse me with a fedora-wearing, untalented anglo-Australian hack."Master_ShakeXXX

Because brainwashing yourself into blind devotion of your own ego is SO much better :lol:
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PannicAtack
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

lx_theo

Because brainwashing yourself into blind devotion of your own ego is SO much better :lol:

Well, there is a certain Nietzschean point to that.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

PannicAtack

You just don't like him because he doesn't say what you wanna hear. You want to hear *so and so game* is

"a modern day masterpiece!" 

"revolutionary"

"TRIPLE A"

"9.5!"

etc etc. He doesn't offer that. What he does offer is his opinions hand crafted by his own mind. Opinions shaped by his life experiences, interests, and likes, and totally unpolluted by advertisements and public perception.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Master_ShakeXXX

If he was really as smatr as he thinks he is he wouldn't need the act or the ego, he could talk freely and people would listen, sure you need it for that initial attention but if what he said was good then he wouldn't need to rant like that. What he talks about is so bloody obvious that even regular SW posters talk about it on almost a daily basis. We all know video game journalism is ass and messed up and pandering to certain factions. I've been saying since forever that IGN favours PS3 more and most of its staff eg. colin and greg are fvckin morons. 

It takes NO courage or balls to talk freely on the internet, AT ALL. especially since he doesn't get any money from people. Of course he will speak his mind. 

This guy talks a big game and uses a lot of big shiny words to try make it seem like he knows what he's talking about, but in the end he's still biased and he's still a pretty big fanboy. he just likes himself too much, gets high off his own voice and states the total obvious in such an arrogant pretentious tone that i'm surprised anyone likes him. He has one of the biggest Egos I've seen and seems to think his words are gonna change the industry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]

Master_ShakeXXX

You just don't like him because he doesn't say what you wanna hear. You want to hear *so and so game* is

"revolutionary"

"TRIPLE A"

"9.5!"

etc etc. He doesn't offer that. What he does offer is his opinions hand crafted by his own mind. Opinions shaped by his life experiences, interests, and likes, and totally unpolluted by advertisements and public perception.

If that's what his haters wanted to hear then we would all love IGN, but we don't. I can still agree with the dudes opinion, most of what he said in that vid was right on the money. but it's nothing any of us didn't know already. People hate him because he's an arrogant douche who loves the sound of himself ranting

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

lx_theo

This doesn't make one lick of sense. One cannot simply brainwash one's self. There has to be a third party involved. Some kind of outside persuasion.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

This doesn't make one lick of sense. One cannot simply brainwash one's self. There has to be a third party involved. Some kind of outside persuasion.

Tell that to a patient in a psych ward.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Because making an ass out of yourself on the internet takes so much courage.

seanmcloughlin

"revolutionary"

"TRIPLE A"

"9.5!"

If that's what his haters wanted to hear then we would all love IGN, but we don't. I can still agree with the dudes opinion, most of what he said in that vid was right on the money. but it's nothing any of us didn't know already. People hate him because he's an arrogant douche who loves the sound of himself ranting

Not as many people hate IGN as you seem to believe. If that was true, how do they maintain their status as one of the world's most popular gaming publications?Â