Rare has been working on Multiple projects.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

To be revealed soon. http://wccftech.com/rare-reveals-inbound/

Aaron Greenberg, Xbox Global Director of Games Marketing, during an interview on The Inner Circle Podcast, was asked about what Rare is working on, to which he replied that they are working on multiple projects and the company is preparing an announcement for the public.

It’s going through the process of preparing to unveil their next things, they have multiple projects in development and we feel really good about them.Read more: http://wccftech.com/rare-reveals-inbound/#ixzz3SVeilWVJ

Well this would mean some of these project would have been prepared in the background even before something like say Kinect Sports Rivals. I think we should clearly expect an old IP platformed at least as one of these games guarantee. The rest could be old or new games.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Too bad their games will never be good because the original cast have been long gone and its a fact that there is no such thing as new talent in the world.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

It better be good because Kinect Sports Rivals is abysmal. Picked it up for $10 to play with the family. It is offensively broken for multiplayer.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Screw rare. The Rare OG's are making a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TigerSuperman

@RR360DD said:

Too bad their games will never be good because the original cast have been long gone and its a fact that there is no such thing as new talent in the world.

Yep games like Kameo, Nuts and Bolts, Live and Reloaded, Viva pinata, and PDZ fail in comparison to games like uh...... Starfox Adventures, which was the last game before a significant amount of the core team left. Remember, all those games mentioned above were all, wait, those weren't terrible at all what?

But hey you seem to think that they will never be good for some reason. You know, those guys that left, beforte the 360 games came out, and a lot of THOSE guys are still there....

@SexyJazzCat said:

Screw rare. The Rare OG's are making a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie.

Yep those Viva games, PDZ, kameo, Nuts and bolts, etc were all terrible and wait...

But compare that to the last game that they made while they were still partially whole with great games like Starfox Adv- oh...

And let's look at those bad ratings Kinect sports 1 and 2 h- oh...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
Loading Video...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Yeah, show 'em already, instead of the usual "rare is doing cool shit".

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SexyJazzCat

@TigerSuperman: What's your point?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TigerSuperman

@SexyJazzCat said:

@TigerSuperman: What's your point?

You're an idiot?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Rare lost most of it's oomph after being sold to Microsoft.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I actually wouldn't mind seeing another Viva Pinata... was one of the few surprises of last gen for me with how much fun I had with them on 360.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

I for one am interested. Although everything as of late (and by late I mean many years) has sucked, and they are only a shell of themselves... they do have a pretty decent list of games at their disposal to reimagine.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SexyJazzCat

@TigerSuperman: Much like your logic? Unlike current Rare, old Rare actually made gems. I think you're the only idiot here.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Whatever it is, I hope it doesnt have kinect and also doesnt suck.

Also, please be kameo or conker!

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

My guess is banjo and battletoads ... conker is coming also because why would they promote him in project spark

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

new viva pinata or gtfo

or nuts and bolts 2

if its something kinect or another shitty banjo platformer then i wont care

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 HalcyonScarlet  Online
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

@TigerSuperman: Much like your logic? Unlike current Rare, old Rare actually made gems. I think you're the only idiot here.

Those gems were back on the N64. And a lot of these guys weren't the important people from back then. These guys need to prove themselves. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. These guys will perform no better than the current Rare.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

New RARE generates no excitement for me. They are a shell of there former selves like IW. The excitement train left the station last gen years ago.

I wish them luck and if they succeed and make a good non-kinect game, I'll buy it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If the people who made Viva Pinata and Nuts and Bolts (I quite like both of those games) are still there, and or that caliber of people are still there sure then I'm excited to see what Rare could do. Shit I'd even be excited for Perfect Dark 2 on the premise that in theory there is still a cool game to be made out of the Perfect Dark formula, but I'll believe it when I play something legit from this team.

As it stands they haven't actually made anything worth my time since 2008, and I'm not "oh my god they aren't old rare", because old rare has way too many nintendo nut-hugger apologies for some less than stellar game design. It's just a matter of it has been 7 years since that company has made anything with any real nuance to the gameplay beyond a motion control mini game collection.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

And they'll all be shit.

Neo-Rare is a cancer.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44021 Posts

SP approved, I'm very interested and pulling for'em to make a great comeback. Will they, I dunno but I suppose we shall see very soon what they're up to.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#23 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

They'll have to prove themselves to be relevant again.

I expect Kinect Sports Next and other Avatar Games and Teasers for Games we want, but then be let down by either Poor Gameplay or just Easter Eggs in games (Like Project Spark).

Rare is not the Rare we remember and love.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I expect Kinect Sports Next and other Avatar Games and Teasers for Games we want, but then be let down by either Poor Gameplay or just Easter Eggs in games (Like Project Spark).

Phil already said the next Rare game is not using Kinect and he visited Rare some months ago and watched the playable game and stated something to the affect; it's classic Rare so I'm hopeful at least.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LegatoSkyheart

@SecretPolice: It's not Classic Rare since the Team that MADE Classic Rare isn't even there anymore. This is Unproven Rare. Start from Scratch Rare. They shouldn't be held to the same Standard as they were in the N64 days.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SecretPolice

@LegatoSkyheart:

Eh IYO I suppose but IMO, Kameo the VP's and Banjo N&B as classic Rare works for me so if they launch a game like those I just mentioned and not using Kinect than I'll be very happy buying the Rare game.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LegatoSkyheart

@SecretPolice: I'm not even sure if the team that made Kameo are at Rare any more. And Nuts and Bolts was NOT a Banjo game no matter how you spin it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SecretPolice

@LegatoSkyheart:

I dunno either and I didn't spin anything and perhaps you're not saying that directly to me and just mean that generally but anyway, I enjoyed Banjo N&B and found both the visuals and game-play to be very good and was only saying if they were to make a game with the same quality I'd be happy.

I think GS scored it a 8.5, not too shabby in my book.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TigerSuperman

@SexyJazzCat said:

Yep those gems like Starfox Adventures which were gimped by Nintendo. But all those 360 games were all garbage. Point is you're an idiot. The people make the "SS" to Banjo are a lot of the guys who were there before the MS buy out and SF adventures. The actual talent is not in that studio. Yet you trust devs that made SF Adventure's, those GB games (earlier ones) that were terrible, to Kameo. nut and bolts, PDZ, and viva.

Makes no sense.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@SecretPolice: I'm not even sure if the team that made Kameo are at Rare any more. And Nuts and Bolts was NOT a Banjo game no matter how you spin it.

Yep even those creators that called it a banjo game and wanted to make it like that since the N64 are completely wrong, wait..

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LegatoSkyheart

@SecretPolice: It's not that the Game (Nuts and Bolts) is "bad", it's that it wasn't a Banjo game.

Overall I'm just saying that whatever they're working on. Put zero hype into it because they're pretty much starting from scratch.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TigerSuperman

@LegatoSkyheart said:

? Not only did Phil say non-kinect (at least for the project he was hinted at) but regardless they will reveal MULTIPLE projects (that are games) and all of those being Kinect is insanely weird to even assume.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LegatoSkyheart

@TigerSuperman: It wasn't Banjo man. It's like calling Mario Party or Mario Golf a Mario game. Yes it has Banjo in it. Yes Kazooie is there too. Yes all the Characters you know and love are in the game. No the Game is not at all a Banjo Kazooie game.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LegatoSkyheart

@TigerSuperman: And to assume that just because it's "Rare" and "they're going back to their roots" comments makes whatever they're working on MAGICALLY makes it something we should note right?

Their own IP, Killer Instinct, The New Game on Xbox One, wasn't even made by them, I don't even know if they even had a hand in making that game. Microsoft probably just told them no and gave it to Double Helix.

All I'm saying is that this Rare is NOT the Rare you know. This is a Different Rare and should be treated as such. Hype it all you want, but you're probably just setting yourself up for disappointment.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TigerSuperman

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TigerSuperman: And to assume that just because it's "Rare" and "they're going back to their roots" comments makes whatever they're working on MAGICALLY makes it something we should note right?

Their own IP, Killer Instinct, The New Game on Xbox One, wasn't even made by them, I don't even know if they even had a hand in making that game. Microsoft probably just told them no and gave it to Double Helix.

All I'm saying is that this Rare is NOT the Rare you know. This is a Different Rare and should be treated as such. Hype it all you want, but you're probably just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Rare was involved with the game. Also KI was given to a game with fighting dev experience, as the people behind Killer Instinct in the past was gone during the N64 in erms fo the actual team. Gving a fighting game to a FPS/Platform/Simulation/Sports developer would take a lot of retakes and a ton of time.

The rare with the N64 was also different from the Rare before, and the rare on the GB and GB was different from the rare after that. Now we have an even new rare this generation. The talent for games is still clearly there. Regardless if you liked their Kinect decision or not.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TigerSuperman: It wasn't Banjo man. It's like calling Mario Party or Mario Golf a Mario game. Yes it has Banjo in it. Yes Kazooie is there too. Yes all the Characters you know and love are in the game. No the Game is not at all a Banjo Kazooie game.

The creator had planned for thuis "not banjo" for years and now it's not Banjo because you decided you wanted an archaic collection platformer.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

The Rare I enjoyed along with their games is long dead and gone.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#36 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Wait did someone just say perfect dark zero isn't trash ? Are you kidding me.it had a whole generation much like duke nukem forever

And It barely has any content!

Compared to even goldeneye

Banjo was also a letdown compared to original

Conker was a censored port of the n64 title lacking 4 players it only had 2 player support

I'll give you kameo

But every game after wards good luck. W kenict sports ki is the best you got

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SexyJazzCat

@TigerSuperman: Old rare actually has a GOOD track record. So they have one little turd beneath the mound of gems, unlike current Rare who has the capacity to produce turds and only turds. Are you seriously suggesting the minds behind Banjo, Goldeneye, Perfect dark, and Donkey Kong 64 who essentially make up the "good Rare" as we know it, is anywhere on par with current Rare? Please stop being an idiot.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Rare made some good games I enjoyed back in the days but the founders are long gone. There's still talent there but I don't think the new Rare should be put on the same pedestal as the old Rare. It's basically just nostalgia that's making some want more or expect more from Rare. Their recent projects are pretty decent and diverse, from Kameo and Viva Piñata to Kinect Sports and Killer Instincts. There's still creativity and talent there. No wonder why MS put them in change of Avatars which still are being supported today unlike PS Home Avatars which only last one generation. I don't expect much from Rare but I wouldn't mind seeing a new BattleToads game and maybe even a follow up to Viva Piñata and Banjo, those games were pretty decent.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46183 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Rare is but Rare in name

nothing else