Rakuten: Wii U Will Dominate the Xone and PS4 this Christmas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://technology.canoe.ca/Gaming/News/2013/12/06/21319621.html

The Wii U is expected to be more popular than the Xbox One andPlayStation 4 amongst children this Christmas. This prediction comes courtesy of Play.com owner, Rakuten, which also revealed that the console saw a 75% sales increase in October.

The site said, via MCV, that the Wii U and the iPad are expected to be on more Christmas lists than the new consoles from Microsoft or Sony. The site said, "The marketplace's social media analysis surprisingly showed that the brand new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles are trailing in second and third place respectively behind the Wii U and iPad."

However, the site did state that although the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sold out during Black Friday, "it appears that those on the hunt for the latest consoles are gamers rather than consumers buying for their loved ones."

Man if Rakuten says this then they may have something here. If you don't kow, Rakuten is the company that did that thing with it before at that time. So since they are such an importance we should heed their warning.

I mean more people want Ipads and Wii U's, Reggie was right, the Xbox One sales and Playstation 4 sales will hit a wall afterall. Because Rakuten is now involved.

(Who the hell is Rakuten?)

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I think there's good potential for the Wii U with the parent buyers.. Cheaper choice, current parents enjoy the nostalgic throwback to their own gaming childhood, while providing family/child friendly games for the young ones, all while building up the newer generations of Nintendo fans. I also can't overstate how handy off-screen play can be in a busy living/entertainment room

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I doubt it, kids these days want Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed, and parents are dumb enough to get it for them along with a next gen console.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

http://technology.canoe.ca/Gaming/News/2013/12/06/21319621.html

The Wii U is expected to be more popular than the Xbox One andPlayStation 4 amongst children this Christmas. This prediction comes courtesy of Play.com owner, Rakuten, which also revealed that the console saw a 75% sales increase in October.

The site said, via MCV, that the Wii U and the iPad are expected to be on more Christmas lists than the new consoles from Microsoft or Sony. The site said, "The marketplace's social media analysis surprisingly showed that the brand new PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles are trailing in second and third place respectively behind the Wii U and iPad."

However, the site did state that although the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sold out during Black Friday, "it appears that those on the hunt for the latest consoles are gamers rather than consumers buying for their loved ones."

Man if Rakuten says this then they may have something here. If you don't kow, Rakuten is the company that did that thing with it before at that time. So since they are such an importance we should heed their warning.

I mean more people want Ipads and Wii U's, Reggie was right, the Xbox One sales and Playstation 4 sales will hit a wall afterall. Because Rakuten is now involved.

(Who the hell is Rakuten?)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa................

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Kids these days :pwnedos:

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@bbkkristian: we'll both those games are on every system. If I had to guess I'd say xbox one will be very popular Christmas gift for kids along with wiiu with its cheaper bundles. But also since most next gen games are also last gen games and can be bought on sale 360 and ps3 for 100-200 they will still be very popular

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Rakuten is the best place to get your credit card information stolen

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

alot of people still dont even know its a completely new system so I really doubt it

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's already lost. It wont be winning any sales war with anyone. Not even Tiger Electronics.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

yea, i highly doubt that.

picklesurprise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points