R.I.P. System Wars

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 9 months, 28 days ago

Poll: R.I.P. System Wars (93 votes)

It was nice while it lasted 15%
You won't be missed 29%
I wish we can go back to the good ol' days 32%
Maybe people will come back? 5%
I want a Wii U 18%

How do you feel about SW's slow impending death?

#1 Posted by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

SW's will never die!

#2 Posted by clyde46 (45090 posts) -

SW is like PC gaming. Happily dying since 2001.

#3 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

stick a fork in her she's done

#4 Edited by Shewgenja (8475 posts) -

Awww, is it "dying" because Lems are getting almost a decade of comeuppance?

#5 Edited by ELJUDEZ (7386 posts) -

What happened to system wars 2 ?

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

A decade?

#7 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9900 posts) -

I used to come here for my gaming news and a few lolz between fanboys.....but now it's losing it's luster. The fanboys ( especially cows ) seem worse than ever. They would rather see a console fail than to enjoy their own. It's pathetic. I can only take this place in small doses.

#8 Edited by Krelian-co (10424 posts) -

more like fanboy wars, lems have turned this onto a joke since they can't compete with facts now they only make bs and troll bait threads, oh and 100 alt accounts.

#9 Edited by Macutchi (3992 posts) -

all the forums here are dying :( the pc forum has died.

all for the sake of this shiny new forum design. look ma it resizes when i shrink my browser window! pity there's no-one posting anymore but at least i can read no new posts on my mobile now

#10 Posted by dvalo9 (1270 posts) -

Too many lem alt accounts here and mundane repetitive threads.

tlhbo.tchbo << this

also recently people have resorted to name calling a lot.

#11 Posted by wis3boi (31118 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

SW is like PC gaming. Happily dying since 2001.

Kinda true, but to be a perfect analogy, that must mean SW is constantly improving ;)

#12 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6202 posts) -

Yea SW sucks now, too many Sony fanboys and gaming in general just isn't as innovative as it was between the console gens of 2005

#13 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Lems ruined it with their influx of alts and made up bullshit to put the ps4 in a negative light.

Edit: Hermits are just as bad.

This place. needs to become cow n' sheep only. And rename it farmmilk.com

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

SW is pretty bad. Too many worms making alt accounts and posting nonsense.

#16 Edited by Gue1 (9512 posts) -

there are less people ever since the redesign but things are basically the same as they always been but kind of better. Now I can write: fuck and not get suspended for a week.

#17 Edited by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

Someone should make a gaming forum and just call it www.systemwars.com

#18 Edited by Chutebox (36670 posts) -

It was fun before the rules went full on stupid. Why they didn't choose a middle ground between these rules and the previous ones, I don't know. that started it..and the new format will finish it. OT is dead too.

#19 Posted by Rayrota (1456 posts) -

Shut up, noob! System Wars 4 LIFE!

#20 Posted by PsychoLemons (2045 posts) -

Why isn't the level 10 rule applied to the new design yet?

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

There are no levels to which that rule can be applied to D:

#22 Posted by kingtito (4869 posts) -

@Krelian-co: LOL you can't be serious. The amount of cows posting troll threads far out number anything lems have done. Your post is proof enough

#23 Posted by PsychoLemons (2045 posts) -

@PsychoLemons said:

There are no levels to which that rule can be applied to D:

I'm pretty sure that there is a "level system". It's just that no one can see it here and the only way you can tell is by looking through their profile somewhere.

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3485 posts) -

I won't miss it. It's been stupid shit for years, and it's only getting worse.

#25 Posted by getyeryayasout (7181 posts) -

I don't think it's just the redesign. I think it also has to do with a general disinterest in the new machines. Also users get old and move on, the eighteen y/o that comes to SW was just nine or ten when gen seven started and many will be married with kids when gen 8 comes to a close. Time waits for no nerd.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that there is a "level system". It's just that no one can see it here and the only way you can tell is by looking through their profile somewhere.

orly? :o

I know there's some kind of karma system, but only the mods can see that, I believe.

#27 Posted by silversix_ (14083 posts) -

Zombies don't die

#28 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

I don't think it's just the redesign. I think it also has to do with a general disinterest in the new machines. Also users get old and move on, the eighteen y/o that comes to SW was just nine or ten when gen seven started and many will be married with kids when gen 8 comes to a close. Time waits for no nerd.

I was kind of like that. Used to post on gamespot from 2003-2005 mostly, then came back for a little bit in 2008, and now I'm a little back for 2013 lol.

#29 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

This forum is so clunky and slow for mobile devices. Virtually 100%of all the other forums I go to are faster and easy to navigate. If GS expects people to come here in this day and age when mobile navigation is the norm they're clueless.

Another reason is that lems finally realized that they aren't gamers so they left after massive ownage by Sony. I think there should come a more worthy opponent like some actual gamers Xboners were always irrelevant to real gamers.

#30 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

SW is better than ever at the moment. Am I the only one?

#31 Posted by XVision84 (13626 posts) -

System Wars has been steadily declining for a while now, the site's activity was really high for the last couple of years and it was a lot of fun posting here. Ever since the policy change last year (or the year before, can't remember), System Wars has never been quite as good as it used to be. Things were still great though, lots of activity, new users, until the site change. I don't think System Wars will die, new users will find their way into this board to replace the older ones, but changing the site without listening to the community was a terrible decision. Nobody wanted these changes and it made a lot of long-time users leave. I doubt the site will ever revert to what it used to be or fix any of the problems that people have because it's been made pretty clear that the higher-ups have better things to think about than the preferences of their forum frequenters.

#32 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25600 posts) -

It hasn't been this fun since 2008/9. Thank you 8th gen.

#33 Edited by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

there was a rumor on gaf about the state of console reviews regarding the xbox one,

the rumor was multi plat games were not to be giving the ol side by side comparison treatment from major review sites,

so say asscreed 4 looked like piss on snow with xbox one,

if the review came out for ps4, it was to treat the games as similar, and no comparisons are to be made at all, for fear xb1 would be view unfavorably

some sites are different because they buy their games......

which would explain a lot as to why pr were being cagey

#34 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

There's a lot more name calling which has been allowed on GS now. Its odd that they allow it because it is clearly degrading the quality of conversation around here as now people just call each other morons, dumbasses, etc. it's sad because there have always been fanboys but at least there could be some kindof conversation. Also the Lems are getting destroyed thanks to the failures of Microsoft and therefore Cows smell blood and want revenge for all of last gens beat down so that plus allowing insults has harmed this thread more than a redesign ever did

#35 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

Maybe when the make the forums usable for mobile devices they will see more participation. I come here on my Surface and the frickin sucks doesn't allow me to do anything. I post on other sites and no problemo.

#36 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

there was a rumor on gaf about the state of console reviews regarding the xbox one,

the rumor was multi plat games were not to be giving the ol side by side comparison treatment from major review sites,

so say asscreed 4 looked like piss on snow with xbox one,

if the review came out for ps4, it was to treat the games as similar, and no comparisons are to be made at all, for fear xb1 would be view unfavorably

some sites are different because they buy their games......

which would explain a lot as to why pr were being cagey

This forum, not actual....lol nevermind.

#37 Posted by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

@23Jarek23: yeah dude I thought this was about the system wars that gamespot had, not a magazine or what ever

#38 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

The terms of use change killed this forum a long time ago, there did use to be some decent conversation to be had, genuine debate and at least the trolling was only achieved by the cunning and skilled. It's been a long slide since then with some of the best of the old guard leaving, then the mods just disappearing and the rest of the genuine posters following suit, the new look to the forums was merely the final nail in the coffin.

#39 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@GioVela2010: try it, last time I checked there was something of the sort

#40 Posted by remiks00 (1719 posts) -

It was funny as hell here back in 07-09. I came back here a month or 2 before the gen8 launches and it was semi funny. But now it pretty pathetic. Too many reassurance threads, too many alt accounts trolling. The forum redesign is buggy as hell as well. Don't bother with the mobile version.

#41 Edited by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

The mods here are just absolutely terrible, and very inconsistent

They ban some people, but don't ban people that do far worse

For me the mods have killed SW

#42 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

I dropped in here after checking out a video on GS. It seems traffic has lowered since the layout change which personally was my reason for no longer coming here. This cheap, difficult on the eyes layout affected me that much and from the looks of things I don't seem to be alone. Although I'm sure the few nintendo faithful love that I'm pretty much gone now.

#43 Posted by groowagon (2761 posts) -

SW is better than ever at the moment. Am I the only one?

i must agree

#44 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

Anyway watch this thread get closed because mods want to act like all is fine and dandy

#45 Posted by madsnakehhh (14181 posts) -

I remember when SW was a fun place...now is mostly alt accounts, back in the days, trolls didn't need to hide, they pretty much told you in your face that your system was a piece of garbage...and damn, some of them even made you doubt :P

Nowadays, we only have alts with stupid names and the worst troll threads i've seen in all this years.

So yea, in a way, SW is having a pinful and slow death.

#46 Posted by cainetao11 (16911 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

A decade?

seriously. was ps3 gen that bad for him?

#47 Edited by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

i've been here since 2005. nothing has changed. it's the same neckbeard fanboy-fest it's always been.

and i wouldn't have it any other way.

#48 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

My problem is there's so many alts lately, I can't tell who's who anymore.

#49 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Not a personal attack but honestly I don't think you've been here long enough to make that proclamation.

SW has survived PSJohn-gate, 7.5-gate, $600-gate, multiple TOU-gates...we'll be fine.

#50 Posted by Bigboi500 (29361 posts) -

It's the board that the trolls deserve to have.