"Xbox is run by mostly middle managers with no gaming experience" - Tr

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

This is pretty much common knowledge.

Cheleman

#102 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No they also like to make money but listening to their costumers. M$ just expects their costumers to bend down as they mostly do.

Listening to their consumers? Consumers:We want crash and snake in PS Allstars!!!! Sony: Nope. Consumers:We want a new Jak and Daxter, or a real Ratchet and Clank again!!!! Sony: Nope. Consumers: Expand the multiplayer in Resistance 3!!! Sony:How about we decrease it to around 16 players, instead of 60 and remove the co-op missions? Consumers: Give America new retail games for PS+!!! Sony: Okay, here's Gotham City Imposters and NFL Blitz. MS is definitely not perfect but neither is Sony.

I never said they are perfect but at least they keep supporting quality new IPs. A company that keeps supporting variety and new IPs with first party is 1 million times more valuable for the industry that a company who doesn't.

MS and Sony will both have a lot of new IPs next gen. Lionhead is already working on a new one and MS has a few more studios without announced projects. Sony also has new IPs from Guerilla and Sucker Punch. Also don't act like The Last of Us is some incredibly innovative new IP that will revolutionize the industry because it isn't.
#103 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Listening to their consumers? Consumers:We want crash and snake in PS Allstars!!!! Sony: Nope. Consumers:We want a new Jak and Daxter, or a real Ratchet and Clank again!!!! Sony: Nope. Consumers: Expand the multiplayer in Resistance 3!!! Sony:How about we decrease it to around 16 players, instead of 60 and remove the co-op missions? Consumers: Give America new retail games for PS+!!! Sony: Okay, here's Gotham City Imposters and NFL Blitz. MS is definitely not perfect but neither is Sony.

I never said they are perfect but at least they keep supporting quality new IPs. A company that keeps supporting variety and new IPs with first party is 1 million times more valuable for the industry that a company who doesn't.

MS and Sony will both have a lot of new IPs next gen. Lionhead is already working on a new one and MS has a few more studios without announced projects. Sony also has new IPs from Guerilla and Sucker Punch. Also don't act like The Last of Us is some incredibly innovative new IP that will revolutionize the industry because it isn't.

I wouldn't hold my breath for M$. My bet is they will keep with Kinect the usual rehashes and COD DLC. That works well for them and it seems they'll keep at it. In the meantime Sony keeps supporting new IPs even this late into the gen which is a much better prospect. And not every new IP has to revolutionise the industry for it to be good. The important thing is that new games IPs and franchises are created which pushes the industry forward more than charging for online will ever be. Any real gamer should see how Sony is a much better company than M$.
#104 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I never said they are perfect but at least they keep supporting quality new IPs. A company that keeps supporting variety and new IPs with first party is 1 million times more valuable for the industry that a company who doesn't.

I wouldn't hold my breath for M$. My bet is they will keep with Kinect the usual rehashes and COD DLC. That works well for them and it seems they'll keep at it. In the meantime Sony keeps supporting new IPs even this late into the gen which is a much better prospect. And not every new IP has to revolutionise the industry for it to be good. The important thing is that new games IPs and franchises are created which pushes the industry forward more than charging for online will ever be. Any real gamer should see how Sony is a much better company than M$.

And any real gamer would own all three consoles at this point or at least respect the big 3 and be able to find both positives and negatives in all three.
#105 Posted by delta3074 (17897 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] By kicking it's ass you mean getting outsold and releasing less games and winning less awards? Lems are hilarious. Eddie-Vedder

:lol: Everything you said, the opposite is true. Cows are hilarious.

Everything I said is a fact, since the PS3 has been released it's been outselling the 360 despite always being more expensive. FACT. It's released more games. FACT. It's released more exclusives. FACT. It's released more high scoring retail titles. FACT. and it's won WAY more awards. FACT. But hey at least you guys have kinect :lol:

Retail titles Xbox 360 AA or above=229 Ps3 AA pr above=198 Arcade games Xbox 360 AA or above=77 Ps3 AA or above=40 Xbox 360 beats the Ps3 in high scoring exclusives duse both Arcade and retail https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AriQpIFbPoEacGM1b0xxcGVucFQ3OFc4N3BNZmd2QkE&gid=1
#106 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

delta3074
Everything I said is a fact, since the PS3 has been released it's been outselling the 360 despite always being more expensive. FACT. It's released more games. FACT. It's released more exclusives. FACT. It's released more high scoring retail titles. FACT. and it's won WAY more awards. FACT. But hey at least you guys have kinect :lol:

Retail titles Xbox 360 AA or above=229 Ps3 AA pr above=198 Arcade games Xbox 360 AA or above=77 Ps3 AA or above=40 Xbox 360 beats the Ps3 in high scoring exclusives duse both Arcade and retail https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AriQpIFbPoEacGM1b0xxcGVucFQ3OFc4N3BNZmd2QkE&gid=1

31 more games while been 12 months alone,like i say riding on old games..
#107 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -

Microsoft knows a lot more about the industry than people think. Why do you think Halo and Gears are more successful than Uncharted and God of War. Marketing.

The most I saw Sony ever market a single game was the Uncharted Subway Promotion last year. Just watch previous commercials for Halo and Gears such as Believe and Mad World, and you can see just how much MS puts into the advertising.

TheDidact
Halo was more successful than all PS2 sony games but GT,and the PS2 beat the crap out of the xbox,a game selling well just show that the game appeal to certain part of your user base.
#108 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

delta3074

Damn. :lol:

Eddie-Vedder should just stop. All he seems to do is cram his foot in his mouth over and over again.

#109 Posted by PAL360 (26719 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Everything I said is a fact, since the PS3 has been released it's been outselling the 360 despite always being more expensive. FACT. It's released more games. FACT. It's released more exclusives. FACT. It's released more high scoring retail titles. FACT. and it's won WAY more awards. FACT. But hey at least you guys have kinect :lol: tormentos

360 got 31 retail and 37 arcade AA+ games on it's first year? Best year in gaming history confirmed :o

#110 Posted by delta3074 (17897 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Everything I said is a fact, since the PS3 has been released it's been outselling the 360 despite always being more expensive. FACT. It's released more games. FACT. It's released more exclusives. FACT. It's released more high scoring retail titles. FACT. and it's won WAY more awards. FACT. But hey at least you guys have kinect :lol:

And you can keep saying it because it doesn't change the Facts dude
#111 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -
360 got 31 retail and 37 arcade AA+ games on it's first year? Best year in gaming history confirmed :oPAL360
Probably not all but the majority,is simple Saints row,is not on PS3,Dead rising 1 is not on PS3,GRAW is not on PS3.. See and this are games that would have probably land on PS3 if the PS3 was there,DOA 4 not on PS3.. See.? There are many more.
#112 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -
And you can keep saying it because it doesn't change the Facts dudedelta3074
NO it doesn't it juts tell you that the PS3 has been getting a ton of games while the xbox 360 has grow stale,and each year the PS3 get more games and new ones while the xbox 360 gets recycle ones.
#113 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]MS and Sony will both have a lot of new IPs next gen. Lionhead is already working on a new one and MS has a few more studios without announced projects. Sony also has new IPs from Guerilla and Sucker Punch. Also don't act like The Last of Us is some incredibly innovative new IP that will revolutionize the industry because it isn't.TheDidact

And any real gamer would own all three consoles at this point or at least respect the big 3 and be able to find both positives and negatives in all three.

Well I could find some good in M$ but a real gamer wouldn't support a company that harms gaming.
#114 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -
Whereas everyone knows the board of directors at Sony and Nintendo are all hardcore gamers.
#115 Posted by OhSnapitz (18111 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

M$

joker_makes_it_rain_large.gif?111732

Sony

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9KANrf4PuF33OjpZEvAz

:lol:

RR360DD

Actually that describes both companies pretty well. M$ is like a villain that takes money from the people in every way they can while actually harming the industry. Sony bows to their consumer base and mostly do what they ask. It's incredible how lems are so dumb as to support the company that is less interested in games but I guess that's why they play sales and not games.

:lol: You're soo butthurt its hilarious

bu...but I ca..can explain.. M$ is teh evil and Sony is teh Good for Gamers..

Jebus.. Take Sony's cock out of your mouths for 2 min and enjoy a joke. Don't worry afterwards you can put it back in (just don't forget to wipe).

#116 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]

Microsoft knows a lot more about the industry than people think. Why do you think Halo and Gears are more successful than Uncharted and God of War. Marketing.

The most I saw Sony ever market a single game was the Uncharted Subway Promotion last year. Just watch previous commercials for Halo and Gears such as Believe and Mad World, and you can see just how much MS puts into the advertising.

tormentos
Halo was more successful than all PS2 sony games but GT,and the PS2 beat the crap out of the xbox,a game selling well just show that the game appeal to certain part of your user base.

The PS2 had a far bigger user base than the Xbox, 360, and PS3 though. No wonder GT sold so much. Halo 3 outsold GT5 with over 11 million units by 2010. MS has proven this gen though it can have another massive exclusive hit that isn't Halo (Gears) if they advertise it correctly. While Sony's only franchise that can surpass 7 million units is still GT.
#117 Posted by tormentos (17121 posts) -
The PS2 had a far bigger user base than the Xbox, 360, and PS3 though. No wonder GT sold so much. Halo 3 outsold GT5 with over 11 million units by 2010. MS has proven this gen though it can have another massive exclusive hit that isn't Halo (Gears) if they advertise it correctly. While Sony's only franchise that can surpass 7 million units is still GT.TheDidact
That is my point having a game that sells well means nothing it just mean it appeal to certain part of your user base,it doesn't imply quality or that is better than another game that sold less. Hell the best selling Gears game was Gears 2 with 6.48 million units sold did not pass 7 million either not quite Halo numbers ,and Uncharted series has sold a few million less than Gears series like 2 i think.
#118 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheDidact"]The PS2 had a far bigger user base than the Xbox, 360, and PS3 though. No wonder GT sold so much. Halo 3 outsold GT5 with over 11 million units by 2010. MS has proven this gen though it can have another massive exclusive hit that isn't Halo (Gears) if they advertise it correctly. While Sony's only franchise that can surpass 7 million units is still GT.tormentos
That is my point having a game that sells well means nothing it just mean it appeal to certain part of your user base,it doesn't imply quality or that is better than another game that sold less. Hell the best selling Gears game was Gears 2 with 6.48 million units sold did not pass 7 million either not quite Halo numbers ,and Uncharted series has sold a few million less than Gears series like 2 i think.

My point with sales is that MS executives know more about the industry than people think, demonstrated by the high sales of exclusives such as Halo and Gears.
#119 Posted by jsmoke03 (12758 posts) -

This explains why it kicked the PS3's ass.charizard1605

it BEAT the ps3...its not kicking its ass. nintendo is kicking both ps3 and xbox 360''s ass....know the difference

#120 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

At least it's not run by numbskulls. Like Sony. Or Nintendo.

#121 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

GOGOGOGURT

So Microsoft is the best company to enter the gaming industry. Oh really? Have a look at below...

1289385686_family-playing-kinect.gif

#122 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -

This is pretty much common knowledge.

Cheleman
Ha Ha
#123 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Well I could find some good in M$ but a real gamer wouldn't support a company that harms gaming.kuraimen

I would say the Xbox has done the most to push consoles into the modern world of technology which has been a good thing.

#124 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Well I could find some good in M$ but a real gamer wouldn't support a company that harms gaming.Ly_the_Fairy

I would say the Xbox has done the most to push consoles into the modern world of technology which has been a good thing.

what you mean?
#125 Posted by OhSnapitz (18111 posts) -

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GamerwillzPS

So Microsoft is the best company to enter the gaming industry. Oh really? Have a look at below...

iZBScPXENXCoo.gif

..as if Sony has been... on fire this gen? :lol:

#126 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

Trixie left? wow I officially forgive Microsoft for everything I've been pissed off about the 360 as of late...Trixie was an ugly ugly ugly ugly monster that always gave preference for girl gamers she gave preference in gamertag spotlight and anything to do with the whole gamerchix thing.
but yeah beyond that I could give a crap about trixie as I said Microsoft was pretty dumb for ever hiring her and trying to put her in a role where she interacted with male gamers...she was ugly as sin and was a feminazi.

#127 Posted by Senor_Kami (8336 posts) -
They made the smart move. MS plunks down money in games people actually want to buy. I think they learned early on that there is a massive disconnect between the titles gamers say they want vs the games they'll actually buy and that being in the business of supporting games nobody wants to buy/play doesn't benefit anyone.
#128 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -

Trixie left? wow I officially forgive Microsoft for everything I've been pissed off about the 360 as of late...Trixie was an ugly ugly ugly ugly monster that always gave preference for girl gamers she gave preference in gamertag spotlight and anything to do with the whole gamerchix thing.
but yeah beyond that I could give a crap about trixie as I said Microsoft was pretty dumb for ever hiring her and trying to put her in a role where she interacted with male gamers...she was ugly as sin and was a feminazi.

WilliamRLBaker
lol calling her ugly.
#129 Posted by clone01 (24526 posts) -

glad to see so many people finally realizing the truth. MS and the Xbox brand are the cancer of gaming.

[spoiler]   [/spoiler]

Gue1
Ahhhh...Jelly in the spoiler. Certainly original. Never been done before.
#130 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70674 posts) -
I don't know if this is an insult, because you can have competance outside of gaming and still know what you are doing
#131 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -
I don't know if this is an insult, because you can have competance outside of gaming and still know what you are doingThe_Last_Ride
In a Master course I took earlier this year, we talked about how people get top level jobs outside their comfort zone. The reason was because their good with people.
#132 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

For middle manager with no gaming experiance, did pretty well for themselves this gen.

#133 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -

For middle manager with no gaming experiance, did pretty well for themselves this gen.

dreamdude
kinect is a success.
#134 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

dreamdude

Exactly.

Apparently, Microsoft knew what it was doing this gen.

#135 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

It doesn't take any gaming knowledge or experience to kick the shlt out of weak ass sony. As proved....

#136 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

Microsoft sucks but 360 is a very competent product.

#137 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

[QUOTE="dreamdude"]

The_Game21x

Exactly.

Apparently, Microsoft knew what it was doing this gen.

Look at how utterly horrific the PS3 launch and first couple of years were, then look at how the PS3 is doing now. Microsoft didn't do that well this gen at all. They were handed utter annihilation of their biggest rival on a platter and have shown a 'we don't really care about this part of our business right now' attitude this whole gen, from the god awful hardware to the half-assed investment in first party games.
#138 Posted by GoneRabbid (152 posts) -

This don't really diss the 360 if you think about it but it does make the people at Sony look sorry as hell lol

#139 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

360 got no games, or gamers.

parkurtommo
Lol...man ...you're not even trying anymore...just keep phoning them in
#141 Posted by PSP107 (11836 posts) -
[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

that gif is still funny.