"The Conduit Was an Average Wii Game. Now Its The BEST Mobile FPS."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10764 posts) -

"And despite the fresh coat of paint and tightened controls, this is still The Conduit, with it's strange conspiracy theory plot, so-so voice acting and repetitive enemies. Even so, The Conduit HD is so much better than standard mobile shooter fare.."

Source.

"Normally, Im not a big fan of first person shooters on my cellphone as quite frankly; I really cant get my character to point in the direction I want. Also, the graphics of fps, currently available at the Play Store are nothing to write home about either. However, all my cynicism went down the drain when I tried out The Conduit HD."

Source.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29502 posts) -
lolkotaku And Conduit was a mediocre wii game
#3 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

Nope.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgd_sKkHep2tSZz8DgVkF

The amount of effort and variety in the above game is so great.

#4 Posted by loco145 (10764 posts) -

Nope.

Blabadon

The Conduit (Wii) is better than any Gameloft FPS. That I can be sure of.

#5 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Nope.

loco145

Have you played NOVA 2's campaign to the end and put many hours into its multiplayer?
#6 Posted by loco145 (10764 posts) -

[QUOTE="loco145"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]

Nope.

Blabadon

Have you played NOVA 2's campaign to the end and put many hours into its multiplayer?

No, I haven't put many hours on its MP. I have indeed finished the SP campaings of Nova 2 and 3 (and MC 3-4) and I gotta say that level design, combat and even story are much better in The Conduit.

#7 Posted by McStrongfast (4264 posts) -
Good for them, finding a suitable platform.
#8 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="loco145"] The Conduit (Wii) is better than any Gameloft FPS. That I can be sure of.

loco145

No, I haven't put many hours on its MP. I have indeed finished the SP campaings of Nova 2 and 3 (and MC 3-4) and I gotta say that level design, combat and even story are much better in The Conduit.

I can believe that, seeing that one was made for consoles and the other for mobile. I was just surprised that Gameloft decided to add some variety to NOVA 2's campaign, like vehicle sections that were fun and used the gyro controls well, tower defense levels, etc. They could have gone for the straight linear shooter but instead made a better product than I thought they would, one that was worth finishing until the end. I also loved its Insta-Gib mode online, I wish more games would add that to their MP.
#9 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
I remember when sheep were hyping this trash.
#10 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
Mobile gaming sucks donkey balls.
#11 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
Mobile gaming sucks donkey balls.Jack-Burton
#12 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Lol Conduit. Maybe if it was made by competent developers, it could've been something somewhat special.

#13 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
lol The world of "premium" mobile games, where The Conduit is the pinnacle of shooter design and The Bard's Tale for PS2 is the pinnacle of RPG design.
#14 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

lol The world of "premium" mobile games, where The Conduit is the pinnacle of shooter design and The Bard's Tale for PS2 is the pinnacle of RPG design.Cherokee_Jack
Out of all the RPG ports avliable on smart phones you choose Bard's Tale. :lol:  I guess feel that TWEWY, chrono trigger or FF 1-4 are inferior to Bard's Tale?:P

#15 Posted by MBirdy88 (7690 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]lol The world of "premium" mobile games, where The Conduit is the pinnacle of shooter design and The Bard's Tale for PS2 is the pinnacle of RPG design.MFDOOM1983

Out of all the RPG ports avliable on smart phones you choose Bard's Tale. :lol:  I guess feel that TWEWY, chrono trigger or FF 1-4 are inferior to Bard's Tale?:P

Games which are so touch freindly because they require no reactions or complex button pushes.... yea, in that sense inferior. shoving a turn based game on a handheld is no bragging rights.
#16 Posted by WiiMan21 (8157 posts) -

That's kind of depressing seeing HD after it, consdering it was released during the HD Era of consoles.

#17 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]lol The world of "premium" mobile games, where The Conduit is the pinnacle of shooter design and The Bard's Tale for PS2 is the pinnacle of RPG design.MFDOOM1983

Well, in terms of 3D RPGs anyway.

#18 Posted by darkspineslayer (19546 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]lol The world of "premium" mobile games, where The Conduit is the pinnacle of shooter design and The Bard's Tale for PS2 is the pinnacle of RPG design.MBirdy88

Games which are so touch freindly because they require no reactions or complex button pushes.... yea, in that sense inferior. shoving a turn based game on a handheld is no bragging rights.

Never played TWEWY, eh? Shame.
#20 Posted by Heil68 (43450 posts) -
The Wii game was horrible.
#21 Posted by MBirdy88 (7690 posts) -
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Out of all the RPG ports avliable on smart phones you choose Bard's Tale. :lol:  I guess feel that TWEWY, chrono trigger or FF 1-4 are inferior to Bard's Tale?:Pdarkspineslayer

Yes I have and its all managable through simple touches. Most modern RPGs however outside of the DS and turn based realm... are not.
#22 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -
Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.
#23 Posted by Mozuckint (786 posts) -

Ughh...the one game I wouldn't have if I hadn't actually enjoyed using the All Seeing Eye.

#24 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Games which are so touch freindly because they require no reactions or complex button pushes.... yea, in that sense inferior. shoving a turn based game on a handheld is no bragging rights.

Yes I have and its all managable through simple touches. Most modern RPGs however outside of the DS and turn based realm... are not.

Button mash heavy action rpg's like kingdom hearts and crisis core are more your speed?
#25 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.silversix_
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmMzfphZNE

:lol:

#26 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.MFDOOM1983

Completely sh*tty ending :lol:.
#27 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6752 posts) -
>tightened controls >mobile LOL.
#28 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
lolfpsonphones
#29 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.MFDOOM1983

:lol: what the f*ck was that!? this kind of crap would've been considered 10 times worst than Haze if it were to be released on ps3/360, sweet jesus that looked bad WOOOOW... Nintendo is certainly in its own fps standards lolz

#30 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.silversix_

:lol: what the f*ck was that!? this kind of crap would've been considered 10 times worst than Haze if it were to be released on ps3/360, sweet jesus that looked bad WOOOOW... Nintendo is certainly in its own fps standards lolz

Sheep hyped the sh1t out of the first game. Those guys really are the joke of SW, wish they were still around.
#31 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmMzfphZNE

GulliversTravel

Sheep hyped the sh1t out of the first game. Those guys really are the joke of SW, wish they were still around.

haha i remember the conduit hype as it was yesterday, dat CONTROL PRECISION with wii mote>kb/mouse, CUSTOM screen LAYOUT (OMFG sooooo needed lolz) and mind blowing graphics!!!! I hope they make The Conduit 3 for the wiiu exclusively so we can all have a good laugh again.

#32 Posted by super600 (30299 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Average? Its THE worst fps i played last gen. I played it to have a good laugh and god damn was it legendary in that department.silversix_

The people that appear in the ending are the previous presidents of the USA Lincoln and Washington. They are mentioned in one part of the game and the conduit. I still need ot beat this game anyway.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmMzfphZNE

super600

The people that appear in the ending are the previous presidents of the USA Lincoln and Washington. They are mentioned in one part of the game and the conduit. I still need ot beat this game anyway.

are you sado-maso? why would you torture yourself!?

#34 Posted by super600 (30299 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]:lol: what the f*ck was that!? this kind of crap would've been considered 10 times worst than Haze if it were to be released on ps3/360, sweet jesus that looked bad WOOOOW... Nintendo is certainly in its own fps standards lolz

silversix_

are you sado-maso? why would you torture yourself!?

I hate the multiplayer, but I liked what I played of the singleplayer even though I suck at using the wii remote in shooters.