"but...but...teh Gamecube sold well at first too!!!!!!!"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dustin-diamond
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

Oh really?...

did you know that in both the Wii and the GC's first respective Jan on the market, the Wii outsold the GC by a ratio of nearly 8:1, and it outsold the N64 in its first Jan on the market by a ratio of nearly 3:1

I'm too lazy to dig up old NDP data to confirm this but you're more than welcome to take a crack at it yourself ;)

advertise_this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 advertise_this
Member since 2006 • 1208 Posts

Oh really?...

did you know that in both the Wii and the GC's first respective Jan on the market, the Wii outsold the GC by a ratio of nearly 8:1, and it outsold the N64 in its first Jan on the market by a ratio of nearly 3:1

I'm too lazy to dig up old NDP data to confirm this but you're more than welcome to take a crack at it yourself ;)

dustin-diamond
IF YOU DONT HAVE THE DATA THEN HOW WOULD U KNOW. sorry for caps
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?
xxKAMIKAZExx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxKAMIKAZExx
Member since 2006 • 619 Posts
If you don't bealive him then just prove him wrong. Dig up the data.
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dustin-diamond
I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?Newsboy
I read it on GAF... could have been here or at EGM as well though
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
[QUOTE="Newsboy"]I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?dustin-diamond

Rofl gaf? I love Gaf but half thier threads are joke threads...like today they made thier funny Kaz pic thread
KeV-Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KeV-Unreal
Member since 2006 • 3245 Posts
So what do this means?
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="Newsboy"]I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?poopinloop32

Rofl gaf? I love Gaf but half thier threads are joke threads...like today they made thier funny Kaz pic thread

lol so instead of looking up the data to prove me wrong, you tell me gaf had a funny pic thread?.... ummm interesting strategy :lol:
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Not quite as authoritative as NPD, but according to VGCharts.org, for their first January on the market in North America: Wii: 485,000 units N64: 167,750 units GCN: 62,000 units And sure enough, that's outselling the GCN comparatively by about an 8:1 ratio and the N64 by about a 3:1 ratio. Shame on TC for not getting the data, but he's right, folks.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="Newsboy"]I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?dustin-diamond

lol so instead of looking up the data to prove me wrong, you tell me gaf had a funny pic thread?.... ummm interesting strategy :lol:

Lol at you for taking anything in Gaf seroius
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dustin-diamond
So what do this means?KeV-Unreal
That the 360 and the PS3 have a long (somewhat painful) generation ahead of them
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dustin-diamond
[QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="Newsboy"]I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?poopinloop32

The gaf forums are infintely superior to this wasteland of a forum... and please, if you think you can disprove my claim, do so.... we're waiting
eddy_of_york

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 eddy_of_york
Member since 2005 • 1676 Posts
Ok now you need to determine the growth that has occured in the videogame industry since then (i.e. the increase in the number of consumers) and determine the ratio of that to the numbers when the 64 and the gc were sold. Then you need to take that ratio and put it next to the ones you gave us and determine how impressive they are.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="dustin-diamond"][QUOTE="Newsboy"]I read that somewhere too, was it EGM or here on Gamespot?dustin-diamond

The gaf forums are infintely superior to this wasteland of a forum... and please, if you think you can disprove my claim, do so.... we're waiting

What claim? Gaf is the best video game site on the internets...Ive already agreed with you
dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dustin-diamond
Not quite as authoritative as NPD, but according to VGCharts.org, for their first January on the market in North America: Wii: 485,000 units N64: 167,750 units GCN: 62,000 units And sure enough, that's outselling the GCN comparatively by about an 8:1 ratio and the N64 by about a 3:1 ratio. Shame on TC for not getting the data, but he's right, folks.Hoffgod
ownage confirmed
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Ok now you need to determine the growth that has occured in the videogame industry since then (i.e. the increase in the number of consumers) and determine the ratio of that to the numbers when the 64 and the gc were sold. Then you need to take that ratio and put it next to the ones you gave us and determine how impressive they are.eddy_of_york
Actually, the growth in terms of sheer numbers of units sold isn't that great. The difference between total units amounts to about a 10 or so million unit increase. That's certainly not enough to alone account for Nintendo selling 8x more this go around than last.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
Yes, Gamecube got to about 3 million consoles sold by March 2002 and then Xbox started to pass it in sales. I don't need link to back my claim up because I remeber it like it was yesterday.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
So compared to last gen, Nintendo's console sales are up about 800%. That's one hell of a buisness plan.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

Not quite as authoritative as NPD, but according to VGCharts.org, for their first January on the market in North America: Wii: 485,000 units N64: 167,750 units GCN: 62,000 units And sure enough, that's outselling the GCN comparatively by about an 8:1 ratio and the N64 by about a 3:1 ratio. Shame on TC for not getting the data, but he's right, folks.Hoffgod

Well vgcharts list sales for all of NA NPD only uses US numbers but even with that the 8:1 claim is still off.

dustin-diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dustin-diamond

[QUOTE="Hoffgod"]Not quite as authoritative as NPD, but according to VGCharts.org, for their first January on the market in North America: Wii: 485,000 units N64: 167,750 units GCN: 62,000 units And sure enough, that's outselling the GCN comparatively by about an 8:1 ratio and the N64 by about a 3:1 ratio. Shame on TC for not getting the data, but he's right, folks.InfamousC

Well vgcharts list sales for all of NA NPD only uses US numbers but even with that the 8:1 claim is still off.

I believe I said "nearly" 8:1 ;)