questions about trade ins and is a vita worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

So lately I have decided that I want a vita (well kind of). You see, I am looking for a good handheld with some solid games. As of now I am planning on trading in my 3ds (I honestly only ever got that thing to play kingdom hearts and never touched it since) a psp 3000, red dead redemption, portal 2, ac 2, ac revalations, guitar hero 3,kh ddd, as well as a nintendo wii. Now I know you guys might say something along the lines of "its not worth it to trade in all of that stuff because im going to get ripped off" and For the most part I know you are right. The main reason im even set on trading in all of this stuff is because It literally has been sitting in my room collecting dust without me having any motivation to go and play them again. So I guess my first question is, is the ps vita a good enough system? I heard that persona 4 is a really good game as well as sf x tekken an a few others

My next question is about trading in my wii. So a while back I think I traded in just the controller and now I am controller less for the wii. Not only that but im not sure if it still works 0_0. what I mean by that is the system will have the red light when plugged in, the light wil turn green when pushing the power button, and the blue led light will also flash like normal when being pushed. The only problem is that the picture wont appear on the screen. So my second question is how likely will gamestop to accept me to trade in the wii?

And lastly with all the above mentioned stuff will this be enough to get a ps vita and possibly a game such as persona 4?

ClassicRockFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ClassicRockFTW
Member since 2012 • 1106 Posts

just get a HD 7850

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

At Amazon:

• White PlayStation Vita (Wi-fi)
  • Retail copy of Assassins Creed III Liberation
  • 4GB Memory Card
  • Download code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)
  • 3 months of PlayStation Plus
  • $10 Gift Card good towards Assassins Creed 3 (360/PS3)
  • $179.99

Obviously a Black Friday deal.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I personally wouldn't get one myself. I tried one at the store, and played their Uncharted and Gravity Rush demo, and they just felt poor to me.

But if you do want one then look for some deals this friday/weekend.

At Amazon:

• White PlayStation Vita (Wi-fi)
  • Retail copy of Assassins Creed III Liberation
  • 4GB Memory Card
  • Download code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)
  • 3 months of PlayStation Plus
  • $10 Gift Card good towards Assassins Creed 3 (360/PS3)
  • $179.99

Gue1

I'm quoting this just so you can see it again :P

I also saw a commercial on tv for PS Vita bundle with Call of Duty, and a memory stick for $199. I think that's only this friday, but I don't know what vendors support it.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I would actually get that Amazon deal if American Amazon wasn't so fascist about shipping their products overseas.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I would actually get that Amazon deal if American Amazon wasn't so fascist about shipping their products overseas.funsohng

Maybe it is you who is facist about not living here... just saiyan!

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Bare in mind Gamestop will be offering double trade in credit on systems for BlackFriday. Highly recommend your 3DS then.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Just wait till next year and get persona 4 on the ps2.

There really is no sense in getting a psvita right now until next year where you get a sense of where the system is going and the deals will probably be cheaper

I am in a similar boat as I want persona 4 to but I just decided to get the original and lets not forget how little support the psp got after release

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Just wait till next year and get persona 4 on the ps2.

There really is no sense in getting a psvita right now until next year where you get a sense of where the system is going and the deals will probably be cheaper

I am in a similar boat as I want persona 4 to but I just decided to get the original and lets not forget how little support the psp got after release

fueled-system

I can't see it going cheaper next year then what Amazon is offering now. And it's really hard to say the PSP got that bad of support. It has gotten some great titles over it's years and to be quite honest while the DS did outsell the PSP by quite alot I would have to say most of it's great titles were first party. It had ALOT of shovelware in it's days.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Do urself a favor and dont trade anywhere else but best buy, for games. Best buy now has weeks where they give 100% extra credit! 110% extra credit if ur a member. I brought in like ten xbox games once and got 280 dollars, no joke! So trade at best buy when they do their 100% trade in deal. Now for vita, vita is def worth it honestly. People say it has no games, i laugh everytime cus my vita has so many games that i cant get to them all. U get vita, dont buy uncharted or g rush. Ur better off joing ps plus and downloading vita games from their. For 50 bucks , ps plus will give u uncharted, g rush, and wipeout for free Then do urself a favor and get lbp vita, persona 4, or even the surprisingly good ac liberations. U want some great ports, theirs also mgs hd, rayman, nfs most wanted, and pabr. UMVC on vita looks amazing
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

Bare in mind Gamestop will be offering double trade in credit on systems for BlackFriday. Highly recommend your 3DS then.

TwistedShade
Yeah trade ur systems at gamespot, but trade the games at best buy.