Question on a few games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Are Alice Madness Returns and Limbo worth buying? For cheap in the case of Alice. Limbo is download only.

#2 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Are Alice Madness Returns and Limbo worth buying? For cheap in the case of Alice. Limbo is download only.

StrongBlackVine
Limbo is absolutely a fantastic puzzler platformer that last about 3-4 hours. Never played alice.
#3 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

Get the PC version

#4 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Get the PC version

heeweesRus

Of both?

#5 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -
Limbo is awesome 9/10, Alice is okay, pretty cool actually, but rough around the edges and spotty camera 7/10.
#6 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

Get the PC version

StrongBlackVine

Of both?

yes

#7 Posted by MonsieurX (30451 posts) -

Get the PC version

heeweesRus
#8 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Luck, pls.

---

((Lock, pls.))

#9 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Luck, pls.

---

((Lock, pls.))

Goyoshi12

Shut up. Where else do I ask non-system specific question?

#10 Posted by funsohng (28117 posts) -
[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

Get the PC version

MonsieurX

Limbo is like what, 3 bucks during sales? Yeah. Sex deal.
#11 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Luck, pls.

---

((Lock, pls.))

StrongBlackVine

Shut up. Where else do I ask non-system specific question?

Promery Gemis Doscassoun.

-------------

((Primary Games Discussion.))

#12 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

Limbo is good. Haven't played Alice

#13 Posted by SolidTy (43824 posts) -

StrongBlackVine

Limbo is short, I have it on three platforms, beat it three times. It's fun, but I liked some other titles in that category better. I think the atmosphere is the best part, not necessarily the trial and error platforming which you can find in many quality games.

Alice is decent, but it's a sequel to a PC game I played over a decade ago. I imagine it would be better to start with that game before jumping to the sequel, especially because I believe the first one is better anyways in my estimation as a gamer (plus, Metacritic agrees with me by 10 points). I read that they released the first game, American' McGee's Alice on PS360, but I have yet to play those versions. I am holding on to my oldschool memories, like the day I bought Max Payne on PC and showing all my friends.

I would make sure you get both games on DISCOUNT. No sense in paying top dollar, even though both are relatively cheap. You waited till 2013, may as well wait for a sale.

#14 Posted by locopatho (20384 posts) -
Limbo is a must have.
#15 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Limbo isn't worth more than a couple bucks in my opinion. Crappy gameplay, and literally the only good thing about it is the atmosphere. Haven't played Alice.

#16 Posted by clone01 (24841 posts) -
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Animal-Mother
Limbo is absolutely a fantastic puzzler platformer that last about 3-4 hours. Never played alice.

Same here. Loved Limbo. Can't make a qualified comment about Alice.
#17 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27891 posts) -
Where else do I ask non-system specific question?StrongBlackVine
Not a SW topic, but try the SW lounge its usually pretty decent place to get advice about games without the bias ;)