Quantum Break is the Xbox equilvalent of The 1886 on PS

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Having finished Quantum Break on PC I have to say I am disappointed with the game not because of how poorly optimised it was but the game as a whole. I thought it was going to be one which is on par with Uncharted 4 but I couldn't have been more wrong. If it was a game with had continuous combat from beginning to end it would have been amazing...

The combat is extremely good, just like The Order 1886 however thats really all there is to it. The game can be finished anywhere between 6-8 hours (assuming you can skip all cutscenes) and despite this each combat scenario is more or less the same and the environment feels the same throughout the entire game.Both these two exclusives have very good combat but has a lot of useless boring scenes where you just walk around...

The storyline is weak, confusing and uninteresting, just like that of The Order 1886.

The only thing QB does better than the Order 1886 is it allows you to skip the boring ass cutscenes

It seems the only exclusives which makes owning a Xbox One worthwhile would be Halo 5 (once again not that spectacular) and Rise of the Tomb Raider (if it can even be considered Exclusive since it looks and runs better on pc) If Microsoft can't pull their shit together with Gears of War 4 the Xbox one is really nothing more than a ugly looking paper weight...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

But it scored 6/10.

The Order only scored 5//10.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I watched the whole game (as it supposed to be *played*). It was bad, QB was bad. Watching those $10 budget, 20 minutes long episodes was more entertaining than the actual gameplay.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

QB is a far better game than the order. It's longer, it has a better story, and the combat and powers are actually fun.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I would argue its even worse because according to lems Remedy is the Naughty Dog of Xbox while Ready at Dawn had only made handheld games before The Order.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

Did you even play the game? The story is anything but confusing, weak or uninteresting. It's a cool sci fi story. The TV show was even interesting to watch. Now the gameplay was good so we agree on that. I do wish it had a melee option though. Same environments? Umm no, but it is short. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with QB and was never bored. And as for the only exclusive worth owning? Also no. Here's all x1 games not on PS4 that are liked by both users and reviewers: Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest, Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Oxenfree, Gears Ultimate Edition, and Killer Instinct.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag

@primorandomguy said:

Did you even play the game? The story is anything but confusing, weak or uninteresting. It's a cool sci fi story. The TV show was even interesting to watch. Now the gameplay was good so we agree on that. I do wish it had a melee option though. Same environments? Umm no, but it is short. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with QB and was never bored. And as for the only exclusive worth owning? Also no. Here's all x1 games not on PS4 that are liked by both users and reviewers: Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and the Blind Forest, Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Oxenfree, Gears Ultimate Edition, and Killer Instinct.

Go away nyadc.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

Pro-Xbox bias in the media.

QB would have scored a 2/10 if it were on all consoles.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Primorandomguy

@NathanDrakeSwag: @silversix_: I don't know if you all know this but everyone knows you all are biased, idiotic, fanboy cows so anyone with a brain knows you have no real opinion of the game since you never played it. And therefore your "opinion" is moot and no one cares about it.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

The Order 1886 could have been an amazing game if the core gameplay elements hadn't been watered down trying to create some cinematic gimmick to attract casual players, the same could be said for Quantum Break.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 foxhound_fox

@notafanboy said:
@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

Pro-Xbox bias in the media.

QB would have scored a 2/10 if it were on all consoles.

>says "notafanboy"

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

My first QB playthrough was at 12 hours and granted I like taking my time exploring and there is some reading involved in the game, the length felt fine for me overall. The other thing is that unlike the Order, the second playthough of QB allows you to see brand new content if you make different Junction choices, so overall I would say QB seems to have quite a bit of more content than The Order.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: @silversix_: I don't know if you all know this but everyone knows you all are biased, idiotic, fanboy cows so anyone with a brain knows you have no real opinion of the game since you never played it. And therefore your "opinion" is moot and no one cares about it.

i'm a powerful cow, not just a random cow you see running around. I watched the whole game on twitch. its garbage and worth a 5/10, even less that what GS gave. My opinion is important so you better accept it.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#14 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its pretty much Xbones the order. Granted QB is a little better, but it should be since it got longer development time and has an experienced studio behind it. Relatively though, both bad games of the same vein.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Primorandomguy

@Alucard_Prime: I think the last junction choice has the biggest affect on the plot, especially on the TV show. I noticed major differences when I went back and replayed the game on that part.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@primorandomguy said:

Go away nyadc.

You DO NOT have the authority to tell somebody to go away in this forum.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag

@ronvalencia said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@primorandomguy said:

Go away nyadc.

Shut up nyadc.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Primorandomguy

@NathanDrakeSwag: Lol you're so smart, everyone who now disagrees with you or likes xbox must be Nyadc. But he's right you have no authority to tell anyone to go away, and I'm not listening to a crybaby bitch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Not even close...Try again.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#20 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@GhostHawk196: sounds like you got a different version of QB than the rest of us.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ronvalencia

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@ronvalencia said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@primorandomguy said:

Go away nyadc.

Shut up nyadc.

Shut up NathanDrakeSwag.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#22 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: calm down tormentos

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

But QB had way more hype and WAAAAAAYYY More HOPE for the X1 community.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

@ronvalencia said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@ronvalencia said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@primorandomguy said:

Go away nyadc.

Shut up nyadc.

Shut up NathanDrakeSwag.

All you did was take a pic of your alt nyadc.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 foxhound_fox

@kend0_kap0ni said:
@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

You're kidding right? The Order 1886 was going to be the be-all-and-end-all of the PS4's domination of all other gaming platforms. It was going to be the greatest-looking and greatest-playing game ever made. It's hype train was running so fast down the tracks, there was no stopping it.

Quantum Break was just an exclusive people thought would be good but wasn't.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: calm down tormentos

Breaking out a 3rd alt in a single thread nyadc. Impressive.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@foxhound_fox:

Stop trolling, that's the exact opposite of the truth.

According to xbox and PC fans Quantum Break was supposed to be PC's and Xbox's TLOU and a better game than anything in the Uncharted series. The game was hyped into oblivion for over 4 years. The Order was only hyped for it's setting and to have amazing graphics which were pretty impressive.

Another factor was MS fans leaning on Remedy as a developer saying how all their games are amazing and they never made a bad game. The Order had no such hype train or credentials to lean on nor was it in development for half a decade.

There are threads to back this up so there's no point in trying to BS people with distortions of the truth.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

@casharmy said:

@foxhound_fox:

According to xbox and PC fans Quantum Break was supposed to be PC's and Xbox's TLOU and a better game than anything in the Uncharted series. The game was hyped into oblivion for over 4 years. The Order was only hyped for it's setting and to have amazing graphics which were pretty impressive.

Another factor was MS fans leaning on Remedy as a developer saying how all their games are amazing and they never made a bad game. The Order had no such hype train or credentials to lean on nor was it in development for half a decade.

There are threads to back this up so there's no point in trying to BS people with distortions of the truth.

THAT'S RIGHT, MAN!

The lemmings here are the biggest liars I've ever seen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@notafanboy said:
@casharmy said:

@foxhound_fox:

THAT'S RIGHT, MAN!

The lemmings here are the biggest liars I've ever seen.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ea-reveals-real-xbone-sales-only-at-15-million-33103752/

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The Order was dreadful, QB is merely meh and disappointing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foxhound_fox

@casharmy said:

@foxhound_fox:

You must not have paid much attention to the constant Order 1886 threads we had around here every week since it was announced, till it released.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ronvalencia
@NathanDrakeSwag said: All you did was take a pic of your alt nyadc.

Citation needed.

With Xbox One's 365 mm^2 chip budget, I can spec'ed a better Xbox One i.e. I hate Xbox One design e.g. removing 32 MB ESRAM could have yielded 28 CU GPU and 2 GB 256 bit GDDR5-5500Mhz + 128 bit DDR3-2133 would have a better results (PC with 7870 XT like solution).

Could have another 14 CU in place of 32MB SRAM hence 28 CU GCN.

Try again.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NathanDrakeSwag

@ronvalencia said:

Citation needed.

With Xbox One's 365 mm^2 chip budget, I can spec'ed a better Xbox One i.e. I hate Xbox One design e.g. removing 32 MB ESRAM could have yielded 28 CU GPU and 2 GB 256 bit GDDR5-5500Mhz + 128 bit DDR3-2133 would have a better results (PC with 7870 XT like solution).

Try again.

Thanks for confirming you're nyadc. Too easy to spot your alts.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I found it to much better than The Order.....and I didn't hate The Order. The action in QB was fun and the story was good enough.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ronvalencia

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@ronvalencia said:

Citation needed.

Try again.

Thanks for confirming you're nyadc. Too easy to spot your alts.

Again, citation needed.

Do you want to bet that ronvalencia and nyadc are located different areas in the world?

Hint... From https://www.reddit.com/user/NyaDC

NyaDC uses square feet units. Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_(unit)

I use a metric system e.g. square metre.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

The biggest similarity between QB and The Order is that both were hyped ridiculously for graphical prowess, then on release it turned out both vastly over use Motion Blur, Depth of Field and Film grain. God awful effects that make my eyes water. Remedy are running scared of PC, if they weren't this patch would have allowed us to remove all the smoke and mirror crap, not just Film grain but they don't want the game to be seen with out the Vaseline blanket covering the background detail.

@NathanDrakeSwag: If there is one thing that is certain in this thread, it's that Ron is not NYadc.

@casharmy Stop being deliberately obtuse, The Order 1886 was hyped to the moon and back and certain PS4 fans still try to present it as a graphical master piece.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@foxhound_fox: that's not true and he's right. Towards the releasing of The Order previews started popping up saying how generic it was and many were like "well ****."

It is a average cover based shooter. You use the interesting weapons far too little and the story while I thought it was cool...was short.

But again we started hearing that some time before release and ppl just kinda let that game go.

Even now after QB release ppl praise it as the sun god.

It was suppose to rival UC and be a system seller....right up until we started seeing reviews from it.

It's not.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts
@foxhound_fox said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

You're kidding right? The Order 1886 was going to be the be-all-and-end-all of the PS4's domination of all other gaming platforms. It was going to be the greatest-looking and greatest-playing game ever made. It's hype train was running so fast down the tracks, there was no stopping it.

Most people lost the hype by the second gameplay footage. I myself with a bunch of others had been calling it a flop for a year before release. None of the previews were positive. From an unproven PSP dev people were skeptic about

Yes, people were hyping the graphics. People stopped hyping the actual game.

QB was Xbots hope for some glory, they were so sure it would be 9/10 from a dev xbots were claiming was better than ND

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#39 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Nah,,, I think Quantum Break is much better game. It's a step back from Max Payne and even Alan Wake but it's still a decent game with enjoyable story and fun gameplay mechanics. Remedy tried to do something different but it didn't work as good as they hoped, but it was still a bold move IMO.

TO 1886 was just a post launch tech demo to show PS4's powah. The most common thing in both QB and TO is over use of motion blur that is used to hide shitty textures and other low res assets. Smoke and Mirror crap.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:
@foxhound_fox said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@foxhound_fox said:

But it scored 6/10.

Most people lost the hype by the second gameplay footage. I myself with a bunch of others had been calling it a flop for a year before release. None of the previews were positive. From an unproven PSP dev people were skeptic about

Yes, people were hyping the graphics. People stopped hyping the actual game.

QB was Xbots hope for some glory, they were so sure it would be 9/10 from a dev xbots were claiming was better than ND

yup, its true. QB was a savior of X1 and lems. turned out bad unfortunately.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Uh, The Order is generally regarded by critics to be worse than QB.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Not sure if serious.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NathanDrakeSwag

@Guy_Brohski said:

Uh, The Order is generally regarded by critics to be worse than QB.

Both are considered to be shit. Arguing over which one sucks less is pointless.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: 6>5 (GS)

77>63 (MC)

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

Pretty much.

Both were overhyped mediocre games.

I still cringe at the Xbox' "The Last of Us"

hyperbole Statement from that guy on twitter

DarkrecoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DarkrecoN
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

@notafanboy: really that's kinda stupid coming from you of all people

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I would argue its even worse because according to lems Remedy is the Naughty Dog of Xbox while Ready at Dawn had only made handheld games before The Order.

Lol, of course you would...

Anyway, QB is a much better game than The Order. I know you cows love Metacritic scores, so go check them out...

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

They're pretty similar. At least cows knew they were getting a guaranteed AAAE game with Bloodborne a month after The Order, so they weren't depending on it that much. On the other hand, lems have to wait until the holidays, and even then Gears looks like another flop for them.

Tough times to be an Xbox fan.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61479 Posts

I'd say QB delivered on its premise far better than The Order. TO had such a cool concept, but then just... Sucked.