Quantum Break- Gameplay video from Gamescom-HD

  • 175 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3338 posts) -

#2 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4664 posts) -

that looks fukin awesome. cant wait to play this. its like max payne 2.0

#3 Edited by Desmonic (14104 posts) -

Looks pretty damn cool! Shame about the lack of a release date though :S Kinda makes me think it might not release in 2015...

It does look very nice, the powers are what make it. It's your regular linear TPS but with the added powers it enhances stealth, combat and messing with the AI! Should be pretty fun (if the AI keeps up)! :D

#4 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3770 posts) -

Video quality is pretty bad, game itself looks nice but generic.

Lemmings should hate it since it has fog and and is a corridor shooter.

Also, framerate needs work.

#5 Posted by SecretPolice (22068 posts) -

Looks like a sure thing to me. Scream Ride looked very interesting as well.

#6 Posted by Zethrickk382 (171 posts) -

Meh, nothing I can't wait for when/if it comes to pc.

#7 Posted by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

Is the video 1080p or the video game 1080p? Actually who cares, the gameplay got me interested.

#8 Posted by soapandbubbles (3082 posts) -

looks like an 360 game (low detail/textures)...the time manipulation looks annoying as hell and just makes the game too easy, regardless of the impress tech behind it.

#9 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Fantastic. Can't wait to play this. Great attention to detail!

#10 Edited by charizard1605 (57726 posts) -

Looks absolutely fantastic. Remedy Gods the GOAT.

#11 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5280 posts) -

Shit I need an XB1. I could wait for the PC version but that's gonna be hard.

#12 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2455 posts) -

Actually managed to surprise me. The way the time alterations bend metal and it seems to make the Juggernauts and cars bend in a liquid state was pretty damm cool.

From the gameplay perspective, it's Remedy game. Linear corridors, extremely narrative driven with a pinch of action. However, the gunplay, in addition to the time stopping powers look definitely good.

Not the biggest fan of these games, but they can be good, like Uncharted and Max Payne. So, aslong as the story's good, and there's enough gameplay in it that feels different, and lasts teh standart 10-12 hours, i can see it being a game to buy. Nice job from Remedy.

#13 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

Looks like Uncharted with time powers. pretty cool

#14 Edited by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

Look brilliant and it's from Remedy. Stop making me want an Xbone!!.

#15 Edited by Wasdie (49923 posts) -

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

#16 Edited by kinectthedots (1930 posts) -

The destruction and particle effects seem pretty awesome. Gameplay looks like uncharted meets max payne. This will be Xbox One's graphical show piece now and at least looks better than Ryse.

Xbox one looks to have a good 2015 for it's owners, I don't think MS will be able to flood the holiday season with Halo5, Quantum break and Gears all at the same time. Hopefully MS doesn't try to push any of those games in to 2016 and kill what looks like a decent line up for once.

#17 Posted by Vatusus (4616 posts) -

Looks really good graphically but is just another tps with a twist. Now i'll just wait for the lems Who bashed the order to come and fap over this. Bunch of hipocrites...

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

Yeah this was one of the reasons I bought X1. Looking forward to it. But no release date?

#19 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4664 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

graphics are actually really good, this is just a very shitty vid

@cainetao11 said:

Yeah this was one of the reasons I bought X1. Looking forward to it. But no release date?

fall 2015 at the earliest

#20 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3338 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shit I need an XB1. I could wait for the PC version but that's gonna be hard.

Same here .

#21 Posted by gago-gago (9484 posts) -

This just shitted on The Order. This is how you combine gameplay with cinematic seamlessly with the emphasis on gameplay.

#22 Posted by cainetao11 (17594 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: was thinking the same. Or 2016. But if it makes for a great game then so be it.

#23 Edited by Wasdie (49923 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

This just shitted on The Order. This is how you combine gameplay with cinematic seamlessly with the emphasis on gameplay.

What? They both look like they constantly stop the player and slow down the action to force story elements on them. Looked just as disconnected and choppy pacing wise as Uncharted 3 and The Order.

This style of game needs to go away. This ridiculously linear approach of games is a dead end and I'm really getting sick of it.

Sunset Overdrive is the only shooter coming that looks to try to deliver gameplay in a way that doesn't constantly take you out of it. That's why it has my attention.

These kind of games are following Gears of War 1 style of delivery. That's old, outdated, and beaten to death.

#24 Posted by farrell2k (6130 posts) -

1st, looks like a 360 game.

2nd, not only can this dude move through "stopped time", but apparently he can extend this ability to other people's guns and bullets...

#25 Edited by Chutebox (37227 posts) -

@gago-gago: No it didn't, stop it.

OT: Still no freaking release date? ?? Not even a window? ???

#26 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10426 posts) -

Looks amazing

#27 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3770 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

Thank you for contributing to this thread man. Stances like this usually are'nt well received unless backed by people, this forum considers credible.

If I were to describe the game with five words, it'd be the bolded part of your quote.

#28 Posted by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -

Looks awesome! Like a true next gen game :O

Weird how they can do that with the pitiful xbone. I hope they port it to other platforms some time after release.

#29 Posted by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

Lol that might be your personal preference, but it's the polar opposite of proper pacing. Good pacing means breaks in action. If you have constant shooting all the fucking time like in Spec Ops the line or Binary Domain the game will get boring fast and sequences won't have any impact.

#30 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3338 posts) -
@gago-gago said:

This just shitted on The Order. This is how you combine gameplay with cinematic seamlessly with the emphasis on gameplay.


It's hard to top Remedy . They made one of the greatest action games of all time , Max Payne . Remedy was one of the biggest reasons for me to switch to PC because it was released on PC first .

Order 1886 is just a tech demo , imo . Uncharted 4 will be great though .

#31 Posted by Daious (1295 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shit I need an XB1. I could wait for the PC version but that's gonna be hard.

Same here .

I give it a yearish before the port.

#32 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7155 posts) -

@

@SecretPolice said:

Looks like a sure thing to me. Scream Ride looked very interesting as well.

Haha! Scream Ride looked insane! I love the idea!

Pull to many G's on a bad design and the whole place goes down. Just don't play this game and then go to some unregulated county fair.

#33 Edited by Wasdie (49923 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

Thank you for contributing to this thread man. Stances like this usually are'nt well received unless backed by people, this forum considers credible.

If I were to describe the game with five words, it'd be the bolded part of your quote.

I'm not trying to be anti Xbox One here either. The Order 1886 suffers from this exact thing even worse than this game. At least there is gameplay to be found here. I also fear for Uncharted 4.

It's time for devs to start looking at ways to deliver gameplay without stopping us constantly. That's how Gears of War did it and since 2005 these AAA budget games have basically been copying that formula. It's time to move on.

#34 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10426 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Looks awesome! Like a true next gen game :O

Weird how they can do that with the pitiful xbone. I hope they port it to other platforms some time after release.

Dream on

#35 Posted by Sollet (7380 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

I was thinking the same... It's just another linear corridor TPS with time power gimmicks.

I thought Lemmings hated this type games?

#36 Posted by Alcapello (949 posts) -

lmfao look decent.

Lems are rabbid hungry LOL

#37 Posted by Wasdie (49923 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Lol that might be your personal preference, but it's the polar opposite of proper pacing. Good pacing means breaks in action. If you have constant shooting all the fucking time like in Spec Ops the line or Binary Domain the game will get boring fast and sequences won't have any impact.

Not at all. You only associate unnecessary pauses in the gameplay with good pacing because of last gen and the emphasis on Gears of War style games. In this video alone we saw tons of forced breaks in an attempt at "immersing" the player in a "cinematic" story. Why force the players hand so much?

#38 Posted by SecretPolice (22068 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@

@SecretPolice said:

Looks like a sure thing to me. Scream Ride looked very interesting as well.

Haha! Scream Ride looked insane! I love the idea!

Pull to many G's on a bad design and the whole place goes down. Just don't play this game and then go to some unregulated county fair.

Indeed and haha, I chuckled at that last part and not just unregulated, that park in Maryland where just a few days ago people were stuck up on the coaster for like 4 hours... Ouch. Me, I live around the best coaster park in the world and love'em. :P

#39 Posted by speedfog (3201 posts) -

The cows can't even handle it right noww.

#40 Posted by Stringerboy (7027 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

Video quality is pretty bad, game itself looks nice but generic.

Lemmings should hate it since it has fog and and is a corridor shooter.

Also, framerate needs work.

How does this look generic?

#41 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3338 posts) -

@daious said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Shit I need an XB1. I could wait for the PC version but that's gonna be hard.

Same here .

I give it a yearish before the port.

Hopefully yes . Considering how awesome job they did with Alan Wake PC (specially after update 3) , I think it'll be worth the wait . Remedy games are more fun to play with mouse & Keyboard , unlike most other third person games .

#42 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3770 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Wasdie said:

So it's a cover based shooter? Kind of disappointing. Graphics are underwhelming too.

Lots of breaks in the action too. I'm really getting sick of that kind of gameplay. Feels last gen in delivery. Devs need to start looking at ways of pacing their games that don't require me to take breaks to watch my character do things like open doors and climb ladders.

The time mechanics are neat though.

Thank you for contributing to this thread man. Stances like this usually are'nt well received unless backed by people, this forum considers credible.

If I were to describe the game with five words, it'd be the bolded part of your quote.

I'm not trying to be anti Xbox One here either. The Order 1886 suffers from this exact thing even worse than this game. At least there is gameplay to be found here. I also fear for Uncharted 4.

It's time for devs to start looking at ways to deliver gameplay without stopping us constantly. That's how Gears of War did it and since 2005 these AAA budget games have basically been copying that formula. It's time to move on.

I was'nt implying that you were taking sides, just that your point was really good.

#43 Posted by Gue1 (10007 posts) -

honestly, if these are the graphics that games will have for the next 10 years, maybe a bit improved as time goes on, I wouldn't complain.

#44 Posted by Sollet (7380 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@parkurtommo said:

Looks awesome! Like a true next gen game :O

Weird how they can do that with the pitiful xbone. I hope they port it to other platforms some time after release.

Dream on

Uhm Remedy has released all of their games on PC, lol.

#45 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10426 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@parkurtommo said:

Looks awesome! Like a true next gen game :O

Weird how they can do that with the pitiful xbone. I hope they port it to other platforms some time after release.

Dream on

Uhm Remedy has released all of their games on PC, lol.

I know....and some times dreams come true.....but you can wait and wait and hope and wait or enjoy it on the X1 when it releases.

#46 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3770 posts) -
@Stringerboy said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Video quality is pretty bad, game itself looks nice but generic.

Lemmings should hate it since it has fog and and is a corridor shooter.

Also, framerate needs work.

How does this look generic?

look to Wasdie's post above ;)

It looks exactly like last gen cover shooters, with an obligatory "uniqueness" gimmick.

#47 Posted by TheGreatGeneral (279 posts) -

Looked pretty damn boring.

#48 Edited by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@parkurtommo said:

Lol that might be your personal preference, but it's the polar opposite of proper pacing. Good pacing means breaks in action. If you have constant shooting all the fucking time like in Spec Ops the line or Binary Domain the game will get boring fast and sequences won't have any impact.

Not at all. You only associate unnecessary pauses in the gameplay with good pacing because of last gen and the emphasis on Gears of War style games. In this video alone we saw tons of forced breaks in an attempt at "immersing" the player in a "cinematic" story. Why force the players hand so much?

What was being forced? You were still in control of the character... I mean that proper ,pacing needs some breaks in between shooting. I honestly just think that the industry needs to break away from shooting, we need more peaceful games with more thoughtful ideas. It's not about the violence, it's just fucking monotonous having the same mechanics in every single high budget game...

That's why I think pacing like what was shown here is important, because shooting is boring, gotta show some eye candy to make the game worthwhile, in between sequences.

#49 Posted by Wasdie (49923 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

I was'nt implying that you were taking sides, just that your point was really good.

I know. I was just trying to point that out for everybody else.

Seems I get labeled a Sony fanboy constantly for speaking out against games that Xbox fanboys really want to be good.

#50 Posted by clone01 (24757 posts) -

Looks cool. Definitely will keep my eye on this.