Quantum Break delayed to 2015!

#1 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

#2014 #YearOfTheDelay #Delay-Gen #WiiU>Next-Gen

Link:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/quantum-break-release-date-slips-to-2015

Story:

Quantum Break won't arrive on Xbox One before 2015, and don't expect any new gameplay to be shown off at E3 either.

That's according to developer Remedy Entertainment's Sam Lake, who revealed fresh details about the game in a new video, and also promised we'd see more of the title at Gamescom in August.

"We are working hard to bring you an entertainment experience like no other," he said. "Quantum break will be out in 2015. I’m very excited to tell you that we’ll be presenting Quantum Break’s time-amplified action gameplay for the first time ever in August at Gamescom."

Elsewhere in the video, Lake explained how the upcoming cinematic action game would interact with the live action show that's also planned.

"The game is about heroes, the show is about villains," he revealed. "In the game you play Jack Choice in a desperate fight to stop the fracture, that threatens to cause the end of time. In the show, in the style of a modern TV series you follow the schemes and power play inside Monarch – the corporation that’s Jack’s main enemy."

So it looks like we'll have to wait that little bit longer before seeing more of Quantum Break. Thankfully, Remedy has released the below video showing off new gameplay to tide us over. Check it out below, and stick with IGN for all the latest news on the title as it surfaces.

-------------------------------

It seems the DelayStation 4 and the Xbox Delay will have the best multiplat ever for 2014: The Waiting Game. AAAA Hype.

Shame. Looks like an interesting experience to be honest. So Halo 5 (+ Halo Collection) vs DriveClub (+ TLOU HD) it seems. Unless some surprise E3 announcements manage to release this year of course.

Thoughts SW?

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

Didn't know it was supposed to come out this year

#3 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

Never had a due date, so not delayed

Nice try

#4 Edited by Heil68 (43234 posts) -

Well one less game to buy this Fall.

Nice try

Lets Ask @shawn30 if he thought it was coming out this year. :D

#5 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

I've never heard of a cable show being delayed before. Odd.

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Shame. Looks like an interesting experience to be honest. So Halo 5 (+ Halo Collection) vs DriveClub (+ TLOU HD) it seems. Unless some surprise E3 announcements manage to release this year of course.

E3 has to have a bunch of announcements for this year. It has to !

One new IP and 2 remakes for the second half of this year is pathetic.

Wasn't Halo 5 coming in 2015 ?

#7 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: According to your logic, The Order was never delayed then.

Dat lemming hypocrisy.

#8 Posted by FastRobby (1025 posts) -

Nice try

Haha, the silly cows trying to block the outshining of the Xbox One exclusives. As you said it never had a date, but the cows keep trying to say it did. Xbox One is always on time, compared to DelayStation 4

#9 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27326 posts) -

Thank you PC for actually having a steady diet of games.

#10 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -
#11 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Is it? I really don't know. So not even Halo 5? Damn...

No offense to Sunset Overdrive or DriveClub, but it seems 2014 will be a rather shitty year for the PS4 and X1. 2015 on the other hand is already looking to be crazy. The Order, Quantum Break, Uncharted, Halo, Forza + whatever gets announced this E3 (maybe)+ whatever I'm forgetting. 2015 will be a bad year for wallets all over the globe lol

#13 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3611 posts) -

lol and lems were on their high horses when the order got delayed

#14 Edited by hoosier7 (3776 posts) -

Well that sucks, i should have known MS were just padding out their release shedule at the last E3 and their initial reveal. Only Sunset Overdrive as an exclusive since launch is pretty shitty. I was expecting at least one of Quantum Break or Halo and i bought the damn thing off that basis. The whole thing has been a farce for early adopters.

Didn't they give a number at launch for how many exclusives they were launching in the first year? Looks like that was a lie.

#15 Posted by Heirren (16275 posts) -

I don't believe a word this man says anymore. Heavy Rain was garbage. The review scores went to his head. How on earth that game scored that well I do not know. I remember finally buying it on greatest hits. I put the game in and im thinking "wtf?" Then I read negative things about the next game--which did look interesting, story wise, with a great teaser trailer. This next game? Not even looking forward to it and I'll have to try it myself before i buy it.

#16 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Heirren: Wait...........wut?...............

#17 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: Sooooo true! Hey when can we play HL3 and Star Citizen with the new Valve controller!? :D

#18 Edited by Shewgenja (8324 posts) -

MovieBreak Solid.

#19 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9920 posts) -

I still don't get what this game is about.... Only difference now I don't care anymore.....

#20 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: Lol so because Sony comes out and says what's happening and MS doesnt that makes it completely different.

According to your first post The Order was also never delayed. Stop being a hypocrite.

#21 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -
#22 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie:

There are many websites saying that the order was set/planned for release in the fall 2014.

Simply google it and see http://www.google.co.uk/#q=the+order+1886+release+date+2014&safe=active&start=30

This was then followed up with Sony saying it was delayed

QB was rumoured/hoped it would come out in 2014 but not date or time frame set.

There is no such articles confirming a planned release date other than an insider guessing it.

Totally different, Sonyl lies about it release dates (driveclub prime example).

#23 Posted by Heirren (16275 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Heirren: Wait...........wut?...............

Woops! was thinking of that ps3 guy with ellen page!

This is that Xbox One title. This delay tells me that the trailer was thin air.

#24 Edited by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Nice try

Nah, cause we haven't heard anything about the actors or director for the show, nor did they ever say it would release in 2014. Delays suck ass, but alot of games are coming later and hopefully the delays make the game better. Seems to have helped Watch Dogs and Drive Club does look great. I'm glad MS is not rushing Quantum Break, Halo 5 or Gears of War 4. No doubt at E3 they will still have plenty to show.

#25 Edited by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

Consoles are becoming dire for release delays lately, makes me glad that my PC library is packed.

#26 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -
@hoosier7 said:

Well that sucks, i should have known MS were just padding out their release shedule at the last E3 and their initial reveal. Only Sunset Overdrive as an exclusive since launch is pretty shitty. I was expecting at least one of Quantum Break or Halo and i bought the damn thing off that basis. The whole thing has been a farce for early adopters.

Didn't they give a number at launch for how many exclusives they were launching in the first year? Looks like that was a lie.

I'm willing to bet Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo collection, Killer Instinct Season 2, and a third party exclusive will make up MS exclusive fall line-up. I highly doubt Fable Legends makes 2014 either. But man oh man, 2015 with QB, Fable Legends and Halo 5 along with whatever else hasn't been announced looks killer.

#27 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27326 posts) -
#28 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27326 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@blue_hazy_basic: Mind listing the names of this steady stream of games?

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ Go look for yourself! All that AAA, AA and A goodness for May alone!

Oh and inb4 certain games/genres/etc don't count/don't care about/etc

#29 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

Ugh. Just another reason why the Xbone is inferior to the PS4.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (43234 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Nice try

Nah, cause we haven't heard anything about the actors or director for the show, nor did they ever say it would release in 2014. Delays suck ass, but alot of games are coming later and hopefully the delays make the game better. Seems to have helped Watch Dogs and Drive Club does look great. I'm glad MS is not rushing Quantum Break, Halo 5 or Gears of War 4. No doubt at E3 they will still have plenty to show.

hahaha, you have brought it up multiple times, on why to get the Xbone this year, buts that's ok. :)

And there will be no footage of this game shown at E3, they stated August at Gamerscon

I agree with not rushing games and accepting delays if they make the game better, I'll still have a ton of games to play this year.

#31 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

@shawn30 said:
@hoosier7 said:

I'm willing to bet Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Halo collection, Killer Instinct Season 2, and a third party exclusive will make up MS exclusive fall line-up. I highly doubt Fable Legends makes 2014 either. But man oh man, 2015 with QB, Fable Legends and Halo 5 along with whatever else hasn't been announced looks killer.

Sunset Overdrive - Made by sub-mediocre Insomniac

Forza Horizon 2 - Forza 5 proved that Turn 10 is no longer a AAA developer. They are a little under mediocre now. They are at Guerilla Games level.

Halo Collection - Snore fest

KI - More trash

The Xbone is objectively inferior to the PS4, which is a shame considering how great the 360 was compared to the PS3. This is coming from a guy who tries to see the good in everything. I don't use harsh terms like inferior/superior loosely. A product has to suck in every possible way for me to say that it's inferior to its competition.

#32 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

hahaha, you have brought it up multiple times, on why to get the Xbone this year, buts that's ok. :)

And there will be no footage of this game shown at E3, they stated August at Gamerscon

I agree with not rushing games and accepting delays if they make the game better, I'll still have a ton of games to play this year.

Aye, that is true. You've brought it up multiple times in your 2014 lists @shawn30 :P

This is as much a "delay" as The Order. Though if both games come out better for it, I don't mind. 2015 can potentially shape up to be another glorious gaming year though. Everything "big" is being delayed for that year.

#33 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

@shawn30: So the Xbox's fall lineup is horrible:

A Halo remake from last gen

And a 3rd rate Infamous Clone Sunset Overdrive

Microsoft isn't going to release two forzas, two killer instincts, and a 3rd party exclusive in the same year.

#34 Posted by kuu2 (6885 posts) -

MSoft better have something besides SO for second half of 2014.

#35 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Microsoft isn't going to release two forzas, two killer instincts, and a 3rd party exclusive in the same year.

Yeah. Microsoft is getting really desperate. If I had to guess, I'd say Microsoft thought that they could ride out the next 2-3 years with just titanfall.

They bought out the media and paid them to praise the game. That didn't work out as planned and they probably lost a couple billion off titanfall. Even worse, they had nothing lined up until late 2015. Most of those games probably started development right after titanfall flopped. They will be bad because they are going to be rushed.

#36 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Killer Instinct season 2 i likely a late fall release. Sunset Overdrive is its own game, just as Infamous as a series isn't a copy of Crackdown.

Forza Horison isn't handled by Turn 10, and they have been working on part 2 since part on released in 2012. And I think its highly likely MS paid for a third party exclusive. And a ton of people are hyped over the possibility of a Halo collection debut.

#37 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@kuu2: Rumours are pointing to the Halo Collection (Halo 1,2,3 and 4) + Forza Horizon 2. Though FH2 is a bit "shacky" from what I gathered from said rumours, while the Halo Collection is just "waiting" for the official announcement.

Who knows, we may have some surprises in a couple of days!

#38 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

Aye, that is true. You've brought it up multiple times in your 2014 lists @shawn30 :P

This is as much a "delay" as The Order. Though if both games come out better for it, I don't mind. 2015 can potentially shape up to be another glorious gaming year though. Everything "big" is being delayed for that year.

Yeah, I had big-time hopes QB would release this year, but we heard so little about anyone involved with the TV portions that I had a feeling this would see a delay. I expect the same for Fable Legends as well. Devs are catching up, optimizing, and receiving better dev kits on both consoles and there is no reason to rush big projects to doubt QB is a big project to MS.

#39 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k: Is it? I really don't know. So not even Halo 5? Damn...

No offense to Sunset Overdrive or DriveClub, but it seems 2014 will be a rather shitty year for the PS4 and X1. 2015 on the other hand is already looking to be crazy. The Order, Quantum Break, Uncharted, Halo, Forza + whatever gets announced this E3 (maybe)+ whatever I'm forgetting. 2015 will be a bad year for wallets all over the globe lol

People that get new consoles quickly know what they are in for: barely any exclusives the first years.

I'm sure 2015 will shape up to be better. But what I'm most interested in are the new IP. Each gen has some new IP that can become widely succesful like AC and Gears of War last gen, I want to see more new IP.

#40 Posted by blackace (20006 posts) -

Thank you PC for actually having a steady diet of games.

Still waiting for Star Citizen, EverQuest Next and Wasteland 2. Gotta wait on the PC too. Even the Witcher 3 got delayed. We won't even speak about Half Life 3.

#41 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Yeah. Microsoft is getting really desperate. If I had to guess, I'd say Microsoft thought that they could ride out the next 2-3 years with just titanfall.

They bought out the media and paid them to praise the game. That didn't work out as planned and they probably lost a couple billion off titanfall. Even worse, they had nothing lined up until late 2015. Most of those games probably started development right after titanfall flopped. They will be bad because they are going to be rushed.

It amazes me when people say Titanfall flopped. It reviewed well, sold nearly 3 million copies across 3 platforms, with the most by far on Xbox One, and will be supported by Respawn all year long. Constantly updated and refined and will include new modes for free. TF did not push more Xbox One's into consumers hands. So in that regard, for MS, it didn't live up to hype. But the game itself has done very, very well. Love the new DLC maps too. I enjoy the hell out of that game.

#42 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@kuu2: Rumours are pointing to the Halo Collection (Halo 1,2,3 and 4) + Forza Horizon 2. Though FH2 is a bit "shacky" from what I gathered from said rumours, while the Halo Collection is just "waiting" for the official announcement.

Who knows, we may have some surprises in a couple of days!

It's a bit "shacky" because the development time for it will be less than 1 year. Microsoft is going to push a ton of shit quality exclusive games for 2014 and 2015.

MS did not expect titanflop to flop so badly, so they didn't prepare a backup. Now that titanflop flopped, Microsoft is making their studios rush. They can't pay-off 3rd parties anymore, since everyone saw how titanflop flopped, so they have to rely on their studios now.

Prepare for 2 years of sub-mediocre games, lemmings.

#43 Edited by finalstar2007 (24882 posts) -

LOL

#DelayBetaTestingBox180

#44 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@lozoaastda said:

@Indicud said:

It amazes me when people say Titanfall flopped. It reviewed well, sold nearly 3 million copies across 3 platforms, with the most by far on Xbox One, and will be supported by Respawn all year long. Constantly updated and refined and will include new modes for free. TF did not push more Xbox One's into consumers hands. So in that regard, for MS, it didn't live up to hype. But the game itself has done very, very well. Love the new DLC maps too. I enjoy the hell out of that game.

Microsoft does not give a damn about how many titanfall copies sold on the PC, 360 or Xbone. They care about how many Xbone units titanfall moved.

VGChartz has it at 4.5 mill currently, but we all know how much of a whiny fanboy ioi is, so the real number is probably 3.6-3.8 million. It would make sense. 3 million on Jan 1 2014. Sold around 500k in NA. Sold extremely bad in EU.

No matter what you lemmings say, Microsoft is frightened.

#45 Posted by kuu2 (6885 posts) -

So TC what was the original launch date for it to be delayed?

#46 Posted by blackace (20006 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

So TC what was the original launch date for it to be delayed?

I would like to see an official link or article from Remedy or Microsoft on what the release date was for 2014.

#47 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Cool, now lems and cows can wait together. :)

#48 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2255 posts) -

It was always supposed to launch in 2015 . It was never confirmed for 2014 release date .

#49 Posted by lozoaastda (57 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Cool, now lems and cows can wait together. :)

No need. The Last of Us remastered will be better than every single exclusive on the Xbone.

#50 Edited by Gue1 (9414 posts) -

the philosophy is no more. A thousand lems are crying right now.