Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

You can tell they rushed the hell out of the port. Thank you Microsoft.

Some things that stand out:

“Ghosting is just a result of the temporal reconstruction. Just the way we render things.”Texture pop-in also got called out as an engine-specific issue by Puha, who wrote that it “unfortunately is a quirk of our graphics engine.” Also, there’s not going to be a way to turn film grain off, since that’s another locked-on attribute.

About the crappy frame rate.

Oddly, where Eurogamer reported max frame rates topping out at 5/6 of refresh rate, OC3D managed around 91% of refresh rate — but never a flat 60 FPS, and always with some 1% and 0.1% frame times at or below 30 FPS. Why a $600 GPU can’t manage a uniform 60 FPS at 1080p is a mystery at this point.

No Multi-GPU support...ever. Too much work.

Does Quantum Break support SLI or other multi-GPU solutions?

Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn’t support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.

Source

Source

I have no idea how these guys expect anyone to run this game at 4K with any single GPU. Their crappy rendering technique is justified for a weak POS like the Xbox but it should have been done away for PC but unfortunately, it was most likely too complicated for them. I sincerely hope you all got it on Xbox otherwise enjoy horrible frame rates along with horrible IQ.

Amazingly, Microsoft managed to do something worse than GFWL. I don't speak for everyone but piss off Microsoft. Keep your games if you're going to try and turn PC into an Xbox.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Damn. No sli support gets no buy from me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

And this is really what make me mad,so much victory dances and celebration for DX12 supporting multi gpu even from different brands and games coming to MS own freaking store don't even support normal SLI.

Isn't this game a damn DX12 game.?

It was all bullsh** as always hype features that will never be use.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

As usual, Xbox One. :P

PSA....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-dev-apologizes-for-bugs-details-all-/1100-6438789/

Quantum Break Dev Apologizes for Bugs, Details All Known Issues and Solutions

Developer says it's "working diligently" to make things right.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juub1990

@tormentos said:

And this is really what make me mad,so much victory dances and celebration for DX12 supporting multi gpu even from different brands and games coming to MS own freaking store don't even support normal SLI.

Isn't this game a damn DX12 game.?

It was all bullsh** as always hype features that will never be use.

It's Microsoft. Always talk the talk but never walk the walk.

I'll wait until games OUTSIDE of the crappy Windows Store fully support DX12. The only game so far is AOtS to some extent. Tomb Raider is a DX11 game that had DX12 slapped on it. Quantum Break is an Xbox One game that was rushed to PC. I'll reserve judgement for DX12 for the moment but I am not impressed as of now.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

whine for a port, and then you whine it is rushed

deserved

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990

@WeepsForFools said:

deserved

So consumers who paid for and supported a product deserve a bad one? Makes a lot of sense.

Cretin.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

They are going to fix some things, but yeah the PC version is a great disappointment....still a fun game though.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

Now remember PC gamers, MS truly cares about you and wants to bring you into the Xbox family.

Can't believe lems fell for that rubbish.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56034 Posts

To be fair, it's still better to have it on PC then NOT having it at all, so that's saying something. It will be fix at a later date, so just be patience young padawan.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 naughtyottsel

@davillain- said:

To be fair, it's still better to have it on PC then NOT having it at all, so that's saying something. It will be fix at a later date, so just be patience young padawan.

Oh it is but morons were hyping up the Windows 10 versions like they'd be gods gift and well as we can all see.

Nope.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

We shall see what happens if modders can work on this.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Then some developers/companies crying out loud why PC gamers pirating their shit. So not only someone needs Windows 10 ( store even or wtf ) in order to buy and play Quantum Break but then game is at a shitty state ?

Hehe , fan of ONE PIECE anyone ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator

@naughtyottsel: Giving the fact that the windows 10 announcement was hype as hell, they were in for a big surprise lol. Granted, the Xbox One version is good enough for me and I'll play the windows 10 version at a later date when they fix the problems.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 naughtyottsel

@davillain- said:

@naughtyottsel: Giving the fact that the windows 10 announcement was hype as hell, they were in for a big surprise lol. Granted, the Xbox One version is good enough for me and I'll play the windows 10 version at a later date when they fix the problems.

Played it for 3 hours and hated it, something about bad games doesn't sit with me man.

Anyway need to go out now, see ya.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#16 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Pretty fucking impressive to tell your fans to do the math on finding the resolution they'd like to use, or rather, temporarily reconstruct into four times that image.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I was excited for DX12 too.

Guess it's going to be a while until we truly see what it's capable of doing....bc I seriously doubt this shit is it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shewgenja

That DX12 multi-gpu sauce, though..

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Where did they say they are not fixing it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Where did they say they are not fixing it?

Well for SLI

. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Its a windows store exclusive so it shouldn't be so surprising honestly. I will never buy a shitty windows store exclusive game, no thanks.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Elaisse: Windows 10 apps cannot be modded like traditional gaming software so I doubt modders won't be able to fix it for them.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@davillain-: Tell that to consumers that already paid full price for it. I would demand a refund and buy it for cheap later if they actually fixed it.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

It sucks they don't allow modding because I'm sure there would be a fix for most of the issues by now. Kinda like Dark Souls and its shitty first port.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I would be pissed but the PC version I got was included in the Xbone preorder. Progress and everything carries over between the 2 which is neat. And I think it's a cool game. Not a "graphics King" or anything like that. But I enjoy cheesy sci-fi and QB hits all the right notes there.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

**** MS, I sure won't be buying their shit anymore.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

Even if it worked the price is ridiculous in my country. I don't pay that much for games especially one as shallow as this

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Things are NOT looking good for MS...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

@StrongBlackVine said:

@davillain-: Tell that to consumers that already paid full price for it. I would demand a refund and buy it for cheap later if they actually fixed it.

Has MS ever done a refund before?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

MS making sure UWP is off to a good start I see....

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

As usual, Xbox One. :P

PSA....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-dev-apologizes-for-bugs-details-all-/1100-6438789/

Quantum Break Dev Apologizes for Bugs, Details All Known Issues and Solutions

Developer says it's "working diligently" to make things right.

The cows won't bother responding to your post.

I find it funny that the original post, the cow has "Also, there’s not going to be a way to turn film grain off, since that’s another locked-on attribute." (not said by Remedy) Yet the article you posted has Remedy stating the opposite: "Additionally, some players have called for the ability to adjust the Quantum Break image settings to turn off features like the "film grain" look. Despite this being a design choice, Remedy said it wants to give players more options and as such, the ability to turn off film grain will come in a future update."

More cows just butthurt by a great exclusive game on the Xbox One.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kvally

"We are aware that some players are facing issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and some extent on Xbox One," Remedy said in a forum post. "We want to let you know that we are working diligently with Microsoft Studios on addressing all the feedback."

"We are paying close attention to forums and the discussion online about Quantum Break and are doing our best to solve the issues you are experiencing."

One of the key problems with Quantum Break's PC version relates to frame rate stuttering. Remedy said it made a "major rounding error" for the game's release and is now working on a solution that should be available in a title update coming in the "near future."

On the subject of general performance issues, Remedy said the game can experience slow rendering in some cases, particularly after a longer play session. Remedy said this problem is "very rare," but all the same stressed that it's committed to working with AMD and Nvidia to improve experience overall.

Another problem with Quantum Break's PC edition was that the game lacked an exit button to quit from the main menu. "We hear you!" Remedy said, explaining the upcoming title update will add this option.

Additionally, some players have called for the ability to adjust the Quantum Break image settings to turn off features like the "film grain" look. Despite this being a design choice, Remedy said it wants to give players more options and as such, the ability to turn off film grain will come in a future update.

Below are all of the Quantum Break issues Remedy is working on now, as well as workarounds where available. For more on Quantum Break, check outGameSpot's review and what other critics are saying.

Windows 10 Issues & Solutions

Stuttering Frame-Rate / Frame Pacing

• There was a major rounding error introduced into our refresh rate predictions on shipping. A solution to this issue is already being worked on; we expect it to be resolved in a Quantum Break Title Update launching in the near future.

Windows 10 Performance Issues

• Remedy is looking into how to improve the overall performance of the game. Part of that is working closely with AMD and Nvidia to address issues and improve the gameplay experience.
  • Sometimes, after a longer play session, the game can end up to a state where the video memory becomes fragmented, and an important asset gets moved to system memory, which slows the rendering performance significantly. This problem is very rare and Remedy will continue to investigate and improve the video memory behavior in future updates.
  • If you experience this issue, exiting and restarting Quantum Break will resolve this issue for now. This is one way to identify if you have encountered this issue or if it’s another potential problem.

Graphics Drivers:

• We recommend, for AMD Radeon GPUs, AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1
  • We recommend, for NVIDIA GPUs, 362.00 from NVIDIA.

Keep in mind, these drivers might have an impact on other software on your computer.

Windows 10 Frame Rate Locked?

• In May, Microsoft will be enabling the ability for developers to disable v-sync and adding support for G-Sync and Freesync monitors. This means that UWP games running in full screen, borderless windowed mode will have all of the performance advantages of traditional full screen exclusive mode.

No Option to Quit from Main Menu

• We hear you! By popular demand, we are adding an exit option to the main menu in an upcoming title update. For now, similar to all Windows 10 apps, you will need to use Alt-F4 or move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the window to the see the X icon, which you can click to exit the game.

Crashing on Launch

• We have been able to repro at least one reason for a rare crash on launch--with some SIMD instructions that require SSE4.1. We are working on fixing that in a future title update, and will fix any other issues we find as they are reported.

Image Quality

• We are working on giving users more control to turn on and off features like film grain. We love the artistic choice for our game, but we also want to give PC gamers more choice and this will come in a future update.

• Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn't support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.

Render technique and resolution on Windows 10

• The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960.

Download Issues

• We are aware some users are having issues downloading the game from the Windows Store. There are some known bugs with the way the progress bar is rendered. Microsoft is standing by to help anyone who has issues downloading and the Windows 10 Anniversary Update this summer will massively improve the overall experience for these kinds of big games.

General Issues & Solutions (Xbox One and Windows 10)

• Light Flare / Blinking Lights
  • This is a known issue. A permanent fix is being introduced in the next Title Update in the near future. For now, the problem can be resolved by exiting and re-launching the game.

Film Grain

• This is an artistic choice from Remedy Entertainment. We wanted a cinematic look for our game and "film grain" is part of that look. Depending on the brand of TV you use or if your Xbox One is connected to a monitor, the film grain can look very different. Always use "Game Mode" on your television if such a feature exists. Make sure you adjust your sharpness setting down on your monitor or TV as well as the brightness setting in Quantum Break.

Ambient Subtitles

• While atmosphere is an important part of Quantum Break, we decided to not include subtitles for ambient sound (e.g.– in-game radio broadcasts) to ensure those subtitles did not conflict or overlap with the subtitles for actual character dialogue.

No Dialogue on Xbox One

• If your game is missing dialogue, this is probably because you are listening in stereo, but the Xbox One is set to play back surround 5.1 or 7.1.

To solve this on Xbox One:

• Scroll left from Home to open the guide
  • Select Settings
  • Select All Settings
  • Select Display & Sound
  • Select Audio output
  • Set the output to Stereo

Cloud Save Issue on Windows 10 and Xbox One

• Cloud save issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break have been resolved with the March update (Windows 10 Version 10586.164, 64-bit only). To avoid any issues, please switch Microsoft accounts before signing in to the Xbox app and/or check Windows Update to ensure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10.
  • We are aware of this issue on Xbox One and are working to address it in a future update. To avoid any issues, please quit the game before turning off your console

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

so the 6/10 was indeed justified?

Mercy me, lems cant catch a break,

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator

@kvally said:

"We are aware that some players are facing issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and some extent on Xbox One," Remedy said in a forum post. "We want to let you know that we are working diligently with Microsoft Studios on addressing all the feedback."

"We are paying close attention to forums and the discussion online about Quantum Break and are doing our best to solve the issues you are experiencing."

One of the key problems with Quantum Break's PC version relates to frame rate stuttering. Remedy said it made a "major rounding error" for the game's release and is now working on a solution that should be available in a title update coming in the "near future."

On the subject of general performance issues, Remedy said the game can experience slow rendering in some cases, particularly after a longer play session. Remedy said this problem is "very rare," but all the same stressed that it's committed to working with AMD and Nvidia to improve experience overall.

Another problem with Quantum Break's PC edition was that the game lacked an exit button to quit from the main menu. "We hear you!" Remedy said, explaining the upcoming title update will add this option.

Additionally, some players have called for the ability to adjust the Quantum Break image settings to turn off features like the "film grain" look. Despite this being a design choice, Remedy said it wants to give players more options and as such, the ability to turn off film grain will come in a future update.

Below are all of the Quantum Break issues Remedy is working on now, as well as workarounds where available. For more on Quantum Break, check outGameSpot's review and what other critics are saying.

Windows 10 Issues & Solutions

Stuttering Frame-Rate / Frame Pacing

• There was a major rounding error introduced into our refresh rate predictions on shipping. A solution to this issue is already being worked on; we expect it to be resolved in a Quantum Break Title Update launching in the near future.

Windows 10 Performance Issues

• Remedy is looking into how to improve the overall performance of the game. Part of that is working closely with AMD and Nvidia to address issues and improve the gameplay experience.
  • Sometimes, after a longer play session, the game can end up to a state where the video memory becomes fragmented, and an important asset gets moved to system memory, which slows the rendering performance significantly. This problem is very rare and Remedy will continue to investigate and improve the video memory behavior in future updates.
  • If you experience this issue, exiting and restarting Quantum Break will resolve this issue for now. This is one way to identify if you have encountered this issue or if it’s another potential problem.

Graphics Drivers:

• We recommend, for AMD Radeon GPUs, AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1
  • We recommend, for NVIDIA GPUs, 362.00 from NVIDIA.

Keep in mind, these drivers might have an impact on other software on your computer.

Windows 10 Frame Rate Locked?

• In May, Microsoft will be enabling the ability for developers to disable v-sync and adding support for G-Sync and Freesync monitors. This means that UWP games running in full screen, borderless windowed mode will have all of the performance advantages of traditional full screen exclusive mode.

No Option to Quit from Main Menu

• We hear you! By popular demand, we are adding an exit option to the main menu in an upcoming title update. For now, similar to all Windows 10 apps, you will need to use Alt-F4 or move the mouse cursor to top right corner of the window to the see the X icon, which you can click to exit the game.

Crashing on Launch

• We have been able to repro at least one reason for a rare crash on launch--with some SIMD instructions that require SSE4.1. We are working on fixing that in a future title update, and will fix any other issues we find as they are reported.

Image Quality

• We are working on giving users more control to turn on and off features like film grain. We love the artistic choice for our game, but we also want to give PC gamers more choice and this will come in a future update.

• Quantum Break on Windows 10 unfortunately doesn't support DirectX12 multi-GPU rendering. Due to the engine architecture, the work needed to support multiple GPUs would have been significant and out of scope for Remedy for Quantum Break.

Render technique and resolution on Windows 10

• The Windows 10 version of Quantum Break uses the same reconstruction method as on Xbox One. If your resolution is set to 1080p, the game temporally reconstructs the image (except UI) from four 720p buffers rendered with 4xMSAA, just like on Xbox One. Engine assigns input geometry samples from 4xMSAA rendering into shaded clusters in order to maximize covered geometry while keeping the performance on acceptable level by reducing expensive shaded samples. When you change the resolution, the buffers used to construct the image are always 2/3rds of the set resolution, i.e. in 2560x1440 they would be 1706x960.

Download Issues

• We are aware some users are having issues downloading the game from the Windows Store. There are some known bugs with the way the progress bar is rendered. Microsoft is standing by to help anyone who has issues downloading and the Windows 10 Anniversary Update this summer will massively improve the overall experience for these kinds of big games.

General Issues & Solutions (Xbox One and Windows 10)

• Light Flare / Blinking Lights
  • This is a known issue. A permanent fix is being introduced in the next Title Update in the near future. For now, the problem can be resolved by exiting and re-launching the game.

Film Grain

• This is an artistic choice from Remedy Entertainment. We wanted a cinematic look for our game and "film grain" is part of that look. Depending on the brand of TV you use or if your Xbox One is connected to a monitor, the film grain can look very different. Always use "Game Mode" on your television if such a feature exists. Make sure you adjust your sharpness setting down on your monitor or TV as well as the brightness setting in Quantum Break.

Ambient Subtitles

• While atmosphere is an important part of Quantum Break, we decided to not include subtitles for ambient sound (e.g.– in-game radio broadcasts) to ensure those subtitles did not conflict or overlap with the subtitles for actual character dialogue.

No Dialogue on Xbox One

• If your game is missing dialogue, this is probably because you are listening in stereo, but the Xbox One is set to play back surround 5.1 or 7.1.

To solve this on Xbox One:

• Scroll left from Home to open the guide
  • Select Settings
  • Select All Settings
  • Select Display & Sound
  • Select Audio output
  • Set the output to Stereo

Cloud Save Issue on Windows 10 and Xbox One

• Cloud save issues with the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break have been resolved with the March update (Windows 10 Version 10586.164, 64-bit only). To avoid any issues, please switch Microsoft accounts before signing in to the Xbox app and/or check Windows Update to ensure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10.
  • We are aware of this issue on Xbox One and are working to address it in a future update. To avoid any issues, please quit the game before turning off your console

Nice to see both MS/Remedy are on the case to get this fix ASAP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

@Heil68 said:

so the 6/10 was indeed justified?

Mercy me, lems cant catch a break,

Liar... lol You know darn well this is closer to the truth....

IGN SwedenApr 1, 2016

100 Remedy has created something new and special with their bold storytelling and great action sequences. Quantum Break isn't just the best game I've played on Xbox One - It's one of the greatest games I've played in years.

:P

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

After playing the PC version of the game I've only experienced a single problem, with anti-aliasing enabled the screen takes on a flashing checker board look, so I simply disabled it.

At 1920x1080 on Ultra I'm averaging about 57 FPS, at 2560x1440 about 42 FPS, and at 3200x1200 around 28 FPS.

All in all it seems pretty okay, there is room for improvement but I'm not experiencing any type of major issues.

2600k @ 4.4Ghz, R9 290X, 16GB 2133Mhz

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

This is the first time I'm disappointed in Remedy, not because QB is a bad game but because of PC version. It feels rushed. Yes, I know M$ is the publisher and it must be their choice to release the PC version in current state but still...

Anyways, never going to buy a game from Windows Store for a long time. Will pretend that xyz game never came to PC. Not interested in M$' first party games anyway. QB was the only one.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja

@kvally said:

Still no multiple GPU support. A DX12 feature that was touted and never redacted from MS. If you like to Boom.gif on being bullshitted, go right ahead.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

Still no multiple GPU support. A DX12 feature that was touted and never redacted from MS. If you like to Boom.gif on being bullshitted, go right ahead.

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is the first time I'm disappointed in Remedy, not because QB is a bad game but because of PC version. It feels rushed. Yes, I know M$ is the publisher and it must be their choice to release the PC version in current state but still...

Anyways, never going to buy a game from Windows Store for a long time. Will pretend that xyz game never came to PC. Not interested in M$' first party games anyway. QB was the only one.

A true unbiased PC gamers shares his real life, disappointment ^^^^

ouchie wow wow

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

@WeepsForFools said:

deserved

This

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#42 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

game might go from my 'buy on sale' list to my 'dont buy at all' list. not that I really have such a list. No part of it looks that interesting to me and the port is lousy... and this is coming from someone who really like Remedy

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Good to hear that they're working on fixing it. Will still never buy a game from Windows Store though.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

If you don't think that they reacted to the concerns of gamers with the bugs and missing features as a positive letting them know they are fixing them (when the original post stated will NEVER GET FIXED), then you my friend have issues. I look forward to calling you out when games you enjoy have bugs that get fixed. As for multiple GPU support, I was never aware that Remedy announced that the game was getting multiple GPU support. If they said it was, and it didn't, that is a HUGE Remedy fail, especially considering they designed the engine without multiple GPU support. I only did a small google search for their announcement stating they would support it, and I didn't see anything (though I didn't look very long).

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kvally

@phantomfire335 said:

Good to hear that they're working on fixing it. Will still never buy a game from Windows Store though.

Yup, same here. Windows Store is a joke. Good thing I got QB free for PC with my Xbox version. I wouldn't ever have paid for it on the Windows Store.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja

@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

If you don't think that they reacted to the concerns of gamers with the bugs and missing features as a positive letting them know they are fixing them (when the original post stated will NEVER GET FIXED), then you my friend have issues. I look forward to calling you out when games you enjoy have bugs that get fixed. As for multiple GPU support, I was never aware that Remedy announced that the game was getting multiple GPU support. If they said it was, and it didn't, that is a HUGE Remedy fail, especially considering they designed the engine without multiple GPU support. I only did a small google search for their announcement stating they would support it, and I didn't see anything (though I didn't look very long).

Multiple GPU-support was announced as a DX12 feature. Since the game is being sold as DX12, it's not Remedy's bad so much as it is Microsoft's.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

Multiple GPU-support was announced as a DX12 feature. Since the game is being sold as DX12, it's not Remedy's bad so much as it is Microsoft's.

So they didn't ever say that QB was getting multiple GPU support? And because DX12 supports this, and the engine Remedy created doesn't, I am not sure what you are getting at. Just because DX12 supports it, doesn't mean that it will just override the engine that Remedy created. But if you are saying that Remedy or Microsoft said that QB will take advantage of the DX12 multiple GPU support, and they didn't, then that is shady as ****.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Better play games on consoles, less problems.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

what the hell are you talking about? they did not implement Multi Gpu support in the engine, how is this Microsofts fault?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

Its a windows store exclusive so it shouldn't be so surprising honestly. I will never buy a shitty windows store exclusive game, no thanks.