demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I have pubg on pc (I'm 95 percent a pc gamer...or more) and play with my wife/kids on Ultra/gsync 1440. My friend bought it for me on xbox (he doesn't have a pc) and I've played the game with him a few times and have to admit, it's pretty hilarious.

The first time I stepped into a building on the xbox, it was like stepping back to 2003 and the original xbox. No floor textures/clutter. I just thought it was so funny that the same game can look so different between different machines. I mean, I've seen a few cross platform games, and of course pc always looks a large step better, but with this game in particular, the difference is staggering. I haven't even mentioned the framerate.

Anyways...just wanted to discuss how funny it is that this game looks so bad on the xbox. I wonder why the graphical assets are so behind? Most games look similar to pc, but with way less resolution, framerate, draw distance, etc. But this game is on a different level of staggering difference between console and pc.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

PC cant be stopped. All your glorious textures are ours.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70152 Posts

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

MS was too allured by the games' sales to care whether the game would run well on their consoles or not. It's what happens when you haven't had a W in a loooong time. They probably would have made Candy Crush an Xbox exclusive if Activision didn't buy it already.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

MS was too allured by the games' sales to care whether the game would run well on their consoles or not. It's what happens when you haven't had a W in a loooong time. They probably would have made Candy Crush an Xbox exclusive if Activision didn't buy it already.

Or the game isn't it's final release state cause, you know, the current is an early release unfinished version. Oh and going by the 2M+ sales I'd say MS made the right choice since , you know, MS is a business trying to make money just like that other company that'll charge for, you know, demos.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

@Pedro said:

For once, I agree with you Pedro.

Everyone knows PUBG on Xbox One is a bad port and best to be played on PC. No point in continuing making threads about it cause there's nothing we as gamers can do about it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@davillain-: Well we are comparing an early access build with a full release. I think that even when and if the Xbox One gets into full release, there will still be still be some debate from people, its not just about graphics and performance. Here is a random quote I just found by googling:

"Cheaters in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds are being cracked down on in a major way.

According to Battleye, the anti-cheat software that PUBG uses, a 100,000 counts were banned over the weekend. This brings the total number banned within the game up to a mighty 700,000 – a fairly significant number, even for a game with 20 million sales.

The developers at Bluehole Games had promised last week that new anti-cheating measures would be introduced to crack down on the cheating problem the game has been facing. The game briefly went down to implement anti-cheating measures that would make it easier to find and ban users who were cheating too. It sounds like they’ve followed through on that, then.

"

https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/14/100000-cheating-accounts-were-banned-from-playerunknowns-battlegrounds-last-weekend/

PC has different kind of issues to deal with. But I agree, the game surely runs much better right now on PC vs XOne.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

The game will always be better on PC. It's just the facts, I figured everyone already knew this.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: My point was making the same threads on how bad PUBG runs on Xbox One is beating a dead horse and this thread is one of them.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

It's fine-ish once you're on the ground in the Xbox One X version. Still looks and runs like unfinished poo.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@davillain-: True lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11241 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

Everyone knows PUBG on Xbox One is a bad port and best to be played on PC. No point in continuing making threads about it cause there's nothing we as gamers can do about it.

Here's something... stop buying it? Word is out that this port is trash. Don't reward them for it. And stop letting major companies get away with hiding broken and unfinished games they've been marketing on their console behind early access. Don't be so defeatist. Take a stand on something as a gamer in the console market. Stuff like Battlefront II was a start.

The console market is not PC. The strategies on PC don't always adapt the same to the console market.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Two different versions between Xbox One and PC. My friend on PC enjoys the console version.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I think the game is fine on Xbox One and One X. Sure it runs at a third of the frame rate and looks very compromised compared to PC. The game is still a blast to play.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

Here's something... stop buying it? Word is out that this port is trash. Don't reward them for it. And stop letting major companies get away with hiding broken and unfinished games they've been marketing on their console behind early access. Don't be so defeatist. Take a stand on something as a gamer in the console market. Stuff like Battlefront II was a start.

The console market is not PC. The strategies on PC don't always adapt the same to the console market.

Those lines are starting to blur. 2M+ people don't seem to have a problem. The people I see complaining on those that
A)don't own the console and
B) don't plan on playing the game

Nothing wrong with having early release games especially for small indie devs. It's not mandatory to support them nor does it seem to be a problem for everyone, just a select few.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Oh this thread again

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22406 Posts

Omfg... here we go again.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

No one cares. It's not exactly great looking on PC either.