PSP vs PS Vita Which Sony device is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

special-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 33

Poll PSP vs PS Vita Which Sony device is better? (15 votes)

PSP 47%
PS Vita 53%

I like both of them but I prefer PS Vita a little more than PSP so guy's decide which Sony device is better.

• 
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

can't vita play all the PSP titles that are available for download?

also, this will get locked

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

PSP got a shitload of unique titles (discounting ports that were done later) kills the Vita when it comes to AAA-esque games.

If you do count all the ports, indie games, and general games that people like to discount on Vita, I'd say the Vita wins. I love games like GTA on my PSP, but I'm perfectly happy with Rogue Legacy and Spelunky as well.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Vita

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Vita has a growing library of more unique indie games and creative shit, but the problem is almost all of them are on better platforms.

the PSP had more unique exclusives, so in my case I'd rather have the PSP, because it will get games that I would want to play on that thing, as opposed to the Vita which gets games I'd rather play on one of my consoles or the PC.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

PSP was a worthy contender to DS. Vita can't even hold up a candle to 3DS nowadays, unless you happen to be fluent in Japanese.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Took Sony forever to make a portable system with 2 analogs. When they did Sony seemed to abandon making games for the system. PSP series sold 80.9 million combined and just barely made it 10 years on the worldwide market. Even if North America never go the PSP 1000E, a.k.a The PSP street.

The PSvita 1000, and 2000 slim have sold 8.9 million since 2011. and live on in the form of PSvita TV/Playstation TV. The memory card price for the PSvita series seems to have been a factor in slow sales. Plus Sony billing the PSvita as a portable Playstation 3 wasn't the best idea. PSP was originally billed as a portable PS2. So Sony shot themselves because western gamers are not into portable gaming as Japan is.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Vita is better, played one for the first time a few days was really impressed, my only other recent handheld experience was the Nintendo DS, and very limited play of the 3DS.

Although I liked the PSP because you could put emulators onto it, that thing emulated all sorts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Vita is.

That said, you need to have 500 posts to make a thread on System Wars.