psp is getting better than the ds.

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyan039"]ratchet and clank and gurumin just came out what did ds come out with lunar knights lol.casinater
ratchet and who? gurumin what? oh...those playstation ports....just like all psp games...psp still doesn't have new super mario bros.....it will never be that good.

Uh...the PSP will never get Mario because he belongs to Nintendo.

On the other hand it does excels at new games on SONY franchises such as Daxter, Syphon Filter, and Metal Gear Solid.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
The PSP hurts my hands when I hold it.........
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
[QUOTE="casinater"][QUOTE="supersaiyan039"]ratchet and clank and gurumin just came out what did ds come out with lunar knights lol.ATG1
ratchet and who? gurumin what? oh...those playstation ports....just like all psp games...psp still doesn't have new super mario bros.....it will never be that good.

Are you being sarcastic or...? R&C: Size Matters is an entirely new game in the Ratchet and Clank franchise just as New Super Mario Bros was in the Mario franchise and Gurumin isn't a port either.

Well, here's the thing about that.  Ratchet & Clank definitely is a sequel, but in the EA Sports-Madden-type sense, where there's probably some new features thrown in, new levels that could probably be interchanged from past games, and the same players.  The fact that Sony decided to go the EA route and release what essentially are yearly updates to their franchises has flooded their market with a ton of SOCOMs, Jaks, Ratchet & Clanks, ATV Offroad Furies, etc. and other than a few new things, they haven't changed much, so forgive me if I'm a little underwhelmed at the prospect of ANOTHER Ratchet & Clank game.

A game like New Super Mario Bros., while following a similar formula to the first 4 Mario games, is the first true (side scroller) Mario game in 15 years.  If a new Mario game had been released every 1-2 years form then till now, I probably would've felt the same way about it as Ratchet.  DS titles like the two Castlevania games are sequels, but more in the Final Fantasy sense than the EA Sports type.  The core gameplay is intact from Symphony of the Night, but the characters are new, the stories are completely new, etc.  So that tends to be why I haven't and probably won't own a PSP and why my DS is logging a whole lot of gameplay time right now.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Well, I like the DS personally because I like Nintendo games. It's personal choice, but the DS has much more top-quality, first-party exclusive games. Also, 3rd party support is great too.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 svetzenlether

[QUOTE="casinater"][QUOTE="supersaiyan039"]ratchet and clank and gurumin just came out what did ds come out with lunar knights lol.curp11

hah....Is Ratchet and Clank SM a port? You don't seem to know anything about basically what is a port. And PSP even manages to have very decent ports such as Burnout Legends ( more as a mix) which turns out to be the best racer on psp. And how ports manage to pull off on DS? Very crappy ports, aren't they? Im referring to burnout legends and Tohy Hawk's Downhill Jam.

And how did you forget about the new MGSPO and the new silent hill?

That's why there aren't alot of ports on the DS, and exactly why I chose a DS over a PSP, for the original content and not for ports of games I'd rather play on my PS2.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#156 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Lunar Knights got an 8.4, what are you laughing at?  The DS also has 15 million sold in Japan alone, PSP has what, 15 million sold overall?
muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 muscrat_01
Member since 2005 • 3592 Posts
Lunar Knights got an 8.4, what are you laughing at? The DS also has 15 million sold in Japan alone, PSP has what, 15 million sold overall?REVOLUTIONfreak
No PSP is over 30 mil, and and DS is 60 methinks - globally.

For Nintendys first hanheld compeditor Sony have done a good job, and saved the handheld from potential disaster.

The DS has much more sales, but the PSP has much more AA's - though even AAAs.
comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

Great news, becuase i plan on getting a PSP sooner or later.

Hmm, portable PS2/MP3/Video player or portable N64

Ill go with the PSP!

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

The PSP hurts my hands when I hold it.........Private_Vegas

Did it bite you or electrocute you? Or did it bite you while electrocuting you? lol. 

ATG1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ATG1
Member since 2004 • 274 Posts

Well, here's the thing about that.  Ratchet & Clank definitely is a sequel, but in the EA Sports-Madden-type sense, where there's probably some new features thrown in, new levels that could probably be interchanged from past games, and the same players.  The fact that Sony decided to go the EA route and release what essentially are yearly updates to their franchises has flooded their market with a ton of SOCOMs, Jaks, Ratchet & Clanks, ATV Offroad Furies, etc. and other than a few new things, they haven't changed much, so forgive me if I'm a little underwhelmed at the prospect of ANOTHER Ratchet & Clank game.

A game like New Super Mario Bros., while following a similar formula to the first 4 Mario games, is the first true (side scroller) Mario game in 15 years.  If a new Mario game had been released every 1-2 years form then till now, I probably would've felt the same way about it as Ratchet.  DS titles like the two Castlevania games are sequels, but more in the Final Fantasy sense than the EA Sports type.  The core gameplay is intact from Symphony of the Night, but the characters are new, the stories are completely new, etc.  So that tends to be why I haven't and probably won't own a PSP and why my DS is logging a whole lot of gameplay time right now.svetzenlether

So if they had decided to release R&C: Size Matters and Daxter in 15 years time on the PSP Lite instead then you'd be happier? Fair enough I guess.

curp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 curp11
Member since 2005 • 405 Posts
[QUOTE="curp11"]

[QUOTE="casinater"][QUOTE="supersaiyan039"]ratchet and clank and gurumin just came out what did ds come out with lunar knights lol.svetzenlether

hah....Is Ratchet and Clank SM a port? You don't seem to know anything about basically what is a port. And PSP even manages to have very decent ports such as Burnout Legends ( more as a mix) which turns out to be the best racer on psp. And how ports manage to pull off on DS? Very crappy ports, aren't they? Im referring to burnout legends and Tohy Hawk's Downhill Jam.

That's why there aren't alot of ports on the DS, and exactly why I chose a DS over a PSP, for the original content and not for ports of games I'd rather play on my PS2.

That's what I'm pointing out, ports are really really good on psp and very very bad on DS. And by the way there are not only ports on psp but also new original games such as Lumines, Loco Roco and Pursuit Force and sequels such as MGS and new additions in series such as Ratchet and Clank and Daxter............

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 svetzenlether
[QUOTE="svetzenlether"][QUOTE="curp11"]

[QUOTE="casinater"][QUOTE="supersaiyan039"]ratchet and clank and gurumin just came out what did ds come out with lunar knights lol.curp11

That's what I'm pointing out, ports are really really good on psp and very very bad on DS. And by the way there are not only ports on psp but also new original games such as Lumines, Loco Roco and Pursuit Force and sequels such as MGS and new additions in series such as Ratchet and Clank and Daxter............

Okay, but what I'm pointing out is that I could really care less about ports; I'd just as soon get the game for one of the home consoles (pref. PC).  The original content on the DS is what appeals to me.  Sure, Nintendo's tried some different things out like Brain Age or Nintendogs, and honestly those games didn't really hold my attention for that long (I got the top Brain Age on my second try.  I like the sudoku puzzles, though).  The Castlevania games are awesome, Phoenix Wright was great (can't wait to pick up the second one), and I'm absolutely hooked on Hotel Dusk right now.  It's the focus on original content that's really got me into the DS right now.