PSN down... LizardSquad take credit

#51 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

@inb4uall: lol... yeah I guess I did. Thanks for showing me my gaming habits move with the wind. Damn you.

#52 Posted by ChronosChris (296 posts) -

@charizard1605:

It's allowing some people in but most people can't sign in. I still can't sign in.

#53 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

@ButDuuude: @charizard1605: just tried playing ffxiv. Can't sign in. PSN is down for me.

#54 Posted by airshocker (29870 posts) -

People need to find better things to do with their time aside from fucking with people under the guise of "taking it to the corporations!"

#55 Posted by airshocker (29870 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

glad those mofos are getting hacked, I hope that forces them to improve their shit. I'm still pissed at my PSN account getting hacked 3 times on the same week and then Sony refusing to help me out to recover it unless I had the serial number of the PS3 I first created the account. A launch PS3 that got YLOD many years ago.

I'm a poor guy and because of Sony's shitty security they made me lose hundreds of dollars in digital games. Some DLC and lots of PS1 and PS2 classics I had in there... This is one reason why I haven't bought a PS4. Sony holding the online portion of games to ransom like M$ does with XBL really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Paying for a shitty unsecure service that doesn't even offer dedicated servers for most games.

If your account got hacked three times in one week you need to get a better password and stop blaming your idiocy on other people.

#56 Posted by Blabadon (26572 posts) -

@TheEroica: Oh you just had to go there with that analogy

#57 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

Console gaming just works! lol.

#58 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@chronoschris said:

@walloftruth said:

@chronoschris said:

@walloftruth said:

Again? This is worse than EUW.

Sony needs to spend some money on security, don't want another credit card theft fiasco.

They already did that. Also people seem to forget that Sony isn't the only gaming company to lose people's personal information to hackers. It's happened to countless others. Also this is apparently a DDOS attack, which has nothing to do with hacking of personal information. It's just a bunch of attention seekers spamming the servers so much that they go unstable which has also happened to many other online based services.

I don't know what other gaming company you mean since I only play on PC/PS so I only know that it happened to me on PS3 a few years ago and I'd prefer if that wouldn't happen again.

PC.. Hope you're not using Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/news/6761/ It happened.

The big difference here is that no credit card data or personal information was stolen, and Steam didn't go down for three fucking months either. Unlike the Sony debacle which they are currently still paying for.

Your analogy is like saying someone who opened the back door of a business and toilet papered it is the same thing as an Oceans 11 type heist where millions of dollars are stolen are the same thing. Nice try though.

#59 Posted by Ten_Pints (298 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

glad those mofos are getting hacked, I hope that forces them to improve their shit. I'm still pissed at my PSN account getting hacked 3 times on the same week and then Sony refusing to help me out to recover it unless I had the serial number of the PS3 I first created the account. A launch PS3 that got YLOD many years ago.

I'm a poor guy and because of Sony's shitty security they made me lose hundreds of dollars in digital games. Some DLC and lots of PS1 and PS2 classics I had in there... This is one reason why I haven't bought a PS4. Sony holding the online portion of games to ransom like M$ does with XBL really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Paying for a shitty unsecure service that doesn't even offer dedicated servers for most games.

So you are glad people are not being able to access PSN because some scum are attacking the network infrastructure through a denial of service attacks... and if I were you I would not have given up on recovering your PSN account I'm sure if you kept phoning them and sending emails repeatedly they would fix it you obviously just gave up at the first hurdle.

What pissed me off more with Sony was them taking away my ability to access PSN after the 3.15 update because they removed features I was not willing to lose. Now that is not right and I'm pretty sure is illegal but they got away with it anyway. I got my own back by borrowing all their first party games, if you can't beat them join them scenario.

I would still buy a PS4 though, maybe not touch their online services.

#60 Posted by freedomfreak (40901 posts) -

Let's hope it stays that way. Sucks.

#61 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7938 posts) -

hmm... I was just trying to login to play some battlefield 4 on my rented server. Seems not today.

#62 Posted by lostrib (37592 posts) -

So I guess they're not getting hacked, just DDOSed.

Although I don't store my CC info on there anyways

#63 Posted by magicalclick (22792 posts) -

Apparently PSN isn't running on Cloud Powa. A cloud is designed to handle this kind of problem. Even if a data center is literally burned down, the service should still operates by redundancy data center at different location. Well, I doubt this matters. Cows spend most of time on SW anyway.

#64 Edited by ChronosChris (296 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@chronoschris said:

@walloftruth said:

@chronoschris said:

@walloftruth said:

Again? This is worse than EUW.

Sony needs to spend some money on security, don't want another credit card theft fiasco.

They already did that. Also people seem to forget that Sony isn't the only gaming company to lose people's personal information to hackers. It's happened to countless others. Also this is apparently a DDOS attack, which has nothing to do with hacking of personal information. It's just a bunch of attention seekers spamming the servers so much that they go unstable which has also happened to many other online based services.

I don't know what other gaming company you mean since I only play on PC/PS so I only know that it happened to me on PS3 a few years ago and I'd prefer if that wouldn't happen again.

PC.. Hope you're not using Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/news/6761/ It happened.

The big difference here is that no credit card data or personal information was stolen, and Steam didn't go down for three fucking months either. Unlike the Sony debacle which they are currently still paying for.

Your analogy is like saying someone who opened the back door of a business and toilet papered it is the same thing as an Oceans 11 type heist where millions of dollars are stolen are the same thing. Nice try though.

"We don't have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely."

Valve sounded pretty uncertain to me. Also I'm pretty sure it was never actually proven that hackers got a hold of credit card information from PSN either and there was no confirmed evidence any credit card or personal information being misused prior to the PSN hack.

#65 Edited by Prawephet (310 posts) -

@airshocker: Its not "taking it to corporations". Battle.net also got hit and a couple other online mmos as well.

Seems to me it's just a bunch of butthurt master race ddosing Sony and Blizzard for releasing the definitive version of Diablo 3 on PS4. Just so happens to also be the first weekend since launch as well.

#66 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3049 posts) -

Real life watchdogs.

Anyway didn't sony say they invested more in security?

#67 Posted by Sagemode87 (1002 posts) -

@TheEroica: that's your opinion, it outsold 360 so yeah....

#68 Posted by Sagemode87 (1002 posts) -

Lmao at Lems trying to blow this out of proportion. I'd probably be quick at drawing straws too if I had to defend a piece of shit like Xbox One lol.

#69 Posted by lostrib (37592 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

Lmao at Lems trying to blow this out of proportion. I'd probably be quick at drawing straws too if I had to defend a piece of shit like Xbox One lol.

you're a shitty fanboy, no one cares what you think

#70 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

Sony apologists are really in full swing today...so funny.

#71 Edited by Wanderer5 (25721 posts) -

Bleh the guy that DDoS NA servers of NCsoft games a few days ago. These guys are such losers.:| Don't link his twitter also, that what he excatly wants.

#72 Edited by tymeservesfate (1951 posts) -

@prawephet said:

@airshocker: Its not "taking it to corporations". Battle.net also got hit and a couple other online mmos as well.

Seems to me it's just a bunch of butthurt master race ddosing Sony and Blizzard for releasing the definitive version of Diablo 3 on PS4. Just so happens to also be the first weekend since launch as well.

definitive....smh, i hate when fanboys learn a new word. they try to throw it every post they possible can. i swear i never saw the word definitive on the board before that one game's PR person used it to describe a lame multiplat years ago.

on another note Smedley doesnt seem to know when they'll get things up and running at 100 percent. he won't even give an estimated timetable on PSNs full return on his twitter. this might last a while....

#73 Posted by BldgIrsh (2684 posts) -

Man, when the console was just released I was told that the PS4 will never be hacked and such.

#74 Posted by airshocker (29870 posts) -

@prawephet said:

@airshocker: Its not "taking it to corporations". Battle.net also got hit and a couple other online mmos as well.

Seems to me it's just a bunch of butthurt master race ddosing Sony and Blizzard for releasing the definitive version of Diablo 3 on PS4. Just so happens to also be the first weekend since launch as well.

Battle.net is run by Activision-Blizzard, and other MMOs are run by other corporations. So exactly where do you figure that it wouldn't be about taking it to the corporations? Also, their twitter basically said as much.

Secondly, don't be an idiot. Your second paragraph is delusional.

#75 Edited by nyzma23 (929 posts) -

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

wut paid server and got hacked AGAIN ,they better rent azure datacentre from microsoft which is battle proven

DDOS isn't a hack. Its a flood.

can you flood azure data centre lol not even tsunami can make it offline

#76 Edited by Giancar (19068 posts) -

People are real detectives here coming into conclusions so fast. Willy, long time to see you.

Anyways, Ddos attack =/= hack. It will only bring the service down. But I am fine on my side right now.

#77 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony DRM in full effect and full swing for offline games.

Cows bent over again and still ask for more.

LMMFAO

Lems pay $500 dollars to get something essential to the system......

Get bent over less then a year later./

#78 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@prawephet said:

Seems to me it's just a bunch of butthurt master race ddosing Sony and Blizzard for releasing the definitive version of Diablo 3 on PS4. Just so happens to also be the first weekend since launch as well.

The crazy theories that people come up with (and convince themselves are true) never cease to amaze me.

#79 Posted by Prawephet (310 posts) -

@mikhail: Your tears are delicious. So salty.

#80 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@prawephet said:

@mikhail: Your tears are delicious. So salty.

Tears about PSN going down? I don't even know what you're trying to say...this post doesn't make any sense, just like your last one about PC gamers taking down PSN because they were mad about Diablo. You have some deep seated issues, dude.

#81 Edited by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

wut paid server and got hacked AGAIN ,they better rent azure datacentre from microsoft which is battle proven

DDOS isn't a hack. Its a flood.

can you flood azure data centre lol not even tsunami can make it offline

Except it went offline in February from the same thing...

http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/

Really not a huge amount you can do with ddosing, didn't Facebook go down sometime this year because of one too?

#82 Edited by Strutten (1205 posts) -

@hoosier7: i suggest you look that up, and just take a look in the comments.. just fyi.. in regards of your link xbl ddos attack..

#83 Edited by Sphensen (768 posts) -

and how is it that Nintendo has the worst online service ?

#84 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@Sphensen said:

and how is it that Nintendo has the worst online service ?

because it's barebones as hell and most Nintendo games don't have voice communications of any kind (assuming they have online MP at all)

#85 Edited by nyzma23 (929 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@nyzma23 said:

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

wut paid server and got hacked AGAIN ,they better rent azure datacentre from microsoft which is battle proven

DDOS isn't a hack. Its a flood.

can you flood azure data centre lol not even tsunami can make it offline

Except it went offline in February from the same thing...

http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/

Really not a huge amount you can do with ddosing, didn't Facebook go down sometime this year because of one too?

lol only for few minute and on specific region and come back online with no hassle because microsoft have hundreds server all around the world

Try again cows

#86 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21771 posts) -

Microsoft hired them to do this probaply.

#87 Posted by Sollet (7394 posts) -

ITT people who doesn't understand what hacking is.

#88 Edited by BruceBenzing (344 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Jesus are sony still using etch a sketches for servers?

Just ask the head of Sony's IT Security Department:

#89 Edited by farrell2k (6335 posts) -

Why do you guys pay for psn again?

#90 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

I was just on, so ya

#91 Posted by Sphensen (768 posts) -

@handssss said:

@Sphensen said:

and how is it that Nintendo has the worst online service ?

because it's barebones as hell and most Nintendo games don't have voice communications of any kind (assuming they have online MP at all)

Nintendo's online games do have voice chat, some of it is limited to only your friends though, like MK8.

#92 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

-Free PSN, gets hacked

-50$ PSN+,gets DDOS'd

#93 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

My theory is Nintendo did this in retaliation for not having Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare coming to the Wii U

#94 Posted by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

lolpsn

lolsony

lolyou

#95 Edited by clr84651 (5486 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

It's not down. it's just a little slow. I literally just used it.

@charizard1605 said:

It's not down. it's just a little slow. I literally just used it.

It's down. I can't login to it on my computer or PS4.

#96 Posted by tymeservesfate (1951 posts) -

well this took a serious turn....didnit

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons. "Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Phoenix office of the FBI for additional comment.

Earlier this afternoon, the hacker group that says it brought down PSN tweeted this threat to American Airlines' account. A tweet since taken down also contained an image appearing to show an e-Ticket for Smedley's flight, with a confirmation number, asking Smedley and Sony if this was indeed his flight. The hackers continued to tweet threats about the flight

Both American's flight tracker and FlightAware.com (screenshot above) show American Airlines Flight 362 being diverted from its path to San Diego into Phoenix.

Smedley earlier today mentioned he was flying from Dallas back to San Diego; SOE has significant operations in both areas.

#97 Posted by lostrib (37592 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: wow, what the fuck did Sony do to piss these guys off?

#98 Posted by charizard1605 (58136 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: Oh man...

Jesus Christ, I hope these guys are caught.

#99 Edited by Syn_Valence (1350 posts) -

Well now it's suddenly not so funny....maybe a lil

#100 Edited by santoron (7774 posts) -

And haters have reached a new low. Why am I not surprised? :(