PSN and Xbox Live "Xmas Hackers" Are Hacked

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Karmageddon's a biatch isn't it hahahaha.

You think these folks may now back off or try even harder now to ruin our online gaming fun?

Thoughts?

The Story.

---

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/psn-and-xbox-live-xmas-hackers-are-hacked/1100-6424778/

PSN and Xbox Live "Xmas Hackers" Are Hacked

Lizard Squad's "boot-for-hire" service compromised, with more than 14,000 names revealed.

Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network were inoperable for several days during the Christmas break
Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network were inoperable for several days during the Christmas break

The hacker group Lizard Squad, which claims responsibility for the Xmas blackout on Xbox Live and PSN, has discovered its own network has been hacked.

After allegedly attacking Xbox Live and the PSN during the Christmas period, Lizard Squad went on to promote its "boot-for-hire" service, which allows paying customers to nominate a website they would like to take down for a small fee.

However, this Lizard Squad Stresser tool was itself hacked, with an unsolicited user obtaining details of the entire roster of 14,241 people who signed up to the service. Investigative journalist Brian Krebs obtained a copy of the data dump, and noted that few precautions were taken to protect the identity of customers.

"All registered usernames and passwords were stored in plain text," he wrote on his personal site.

The revelations come after an 18 year-old hacker, based in the English seaside town of Southport, was arrested by local police under suspicion that he worked for Lizard Squad.

GameSpot has confirmed with the Thames Valley Police that the man was arrested in connection with the investigation into the PSN and Xbox Live attacks, as well as on suspicion of being involved with "swatting."

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I seem to remember having a conversation with a mod about this being an inevitability. LOL!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I seem to remember having a conversation with a mod about this being an inevitability. LOL!

lol.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

I posted this yesterday, nobody seemed to care. ah well

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Imagine if Lizard Squad & co would focus on the 'IS'.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@RedentSC said:

I posted this yesterday, nobody seemed to care. ah well

Oh, well I suppose it's not much of a SW thread to discuss but rather a news story we can all go.... Good and give a thumbs up. ;)

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@SecretPolice: dunno.... I wouldn't call PSN going down over xmas not system wars related. However i bow to your better judgement :)

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Isn't this old news? Pretty sure I read it here.