PSN alone will soon be worth more than all of Nintendo

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

SONY is just incredibly brilliant.

Their playstation network alone will soon be worth more than all of Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/723991376099172353?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"FUN FACT OF THE DAY: Sony generated $4.3b from Network Sales alone (PSN) in calendar year 2015. Nintendo generated $4.7b from EVERYTHING."

INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!

Kidtendo might be banking on the NX to save them, but SONY has the legendary Mark Cerny designing the PS4 NEO. NEO will no doubt be stronger than the NX.

Wonder why there are no other leaks for the NX? The previous NX leaks were controlled by Kidtendo to generate hype for their product. After SONY cockblocked them with the NEO spec leaks, Kidtendo execs were horrified at how weak the NX will look compared to the NEO.

You guys ever watch the Game of Thrones episode where the Boltons brilliants destroyed Stannis' army in secret but then Stannis walks into battle anyway knowing that the Boltons will win the battle? Stannie walked into battle knowing he would lose because that was his destiny and he accepted it. He just had to play his part. This is exactly what is happening in the console war.

Kidtendo was so confident they would get the upper hand with their meager 1.9 TF NX but then SONY stealthily leaked the 4.2 TF NEO which destroyed any hype the NX had. Kidtendo knows they will lose the war with SONY and are only going with the flow. They will announce the NX at E3 with little fanfare and eventually move to 3rd party.

Can't wait to play Mario on my NEO.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

*yawn*

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Good luck, cause right now Nintendo is worth more the Sony. And thats Sony as a whole, not Playstation.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NotAFanboy

@iandizion713 said:

Good luck, cause right now Nintendo is worth more the Sony. And thats Sony as a whole, not Playstation.

SONY's market cap is low due to unprofitable divisions.

I guarantee you that PSN alone is making SONY far more money than everything Nintendo is doing combined.

Hell, the PS+ subscription fees are almost entirely all profit, since allowing multiplayer access costs nothing on SONY's end.

If we go by conservative estimates of 25 million PS+ subscribers, that would be $1.25 billion in profit each year from PS+ subscribers alone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Just... No.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

How many more buildings will they have to sell to achieve this?

@notafanboy said:
Kidtendo was so confident they would get the upper hand with their meager 1.9 TF NX but then SONY stealthily leaked the 4.2 TF NEO which destroyed any hype the NX had. Kidtendo knows they will lose the war with SONY and are only going with the flow. They will announce the NX at E3 with little fanfare and eventually move to 3rd party.

How remember too how well it went for Sony last gen when they had the most powerful console

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iandizion713

@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:

I guarantee you that PSN alone is making SONY far more money than everything Nintendo is doing combined.

I dont care what you think, right now, Nintendo is worth more the Sony as a whole. But good luck to Sony, with VR and PS4.5K they might make progress. Or...they might not.

Better get to buying, got a long ways to go.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NotAFanboy

@iandizion713 said:
@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:

I dont care what you think, right now, Nintendo is worth more the Sony as a whole. But good luck to Sony, with VR and PS4.5K they might make progress. Or...they might not.

SONY can spin-off the PlayStation division and its marketcap would dwarf Nintendo's.

No one cares about SONY's finance and movie divisions. This is about gaming.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonsieurX

@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:
@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:

SONY can spin-off the PlayStation division and its marketcap would dwarf Nintendo's.

Still sad to see such a shitty service getting so much money

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NotAFanboy

@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:
@notafanboy said:

Shitty? PSN is the best online service on consoles this gen.

Xbox LIVE is an unstable POS and the Wii U's online system is just LOL.

Here's just a small list of things wrong with Xbox LIVE.

-can't party with friends

-can't join friends' games

-can't sign into live

-app don't work (ie. Netflix requires sign in but won't sign in, or Hulu requires a disc for some reaaon)

-everyone shows as offline

-can't play online games solo

-can't play offline game that have a network component (ie. Dark Souls).

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iandizion713

@notafanboy: I wish them luck. Nintendo is about to enter mobile and the entertainment industry via TV shows/movies etc. I watched the Star Fox anime...o its good. Might get better.

Dixonganesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dixonganesh
Member since 2016 • 129 Posts

I bet TC wears the milking machine with pride, and has his patched deposited directly into Sony's bank account.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@notafanboy: Go away you

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

Play Mario on a PS4 you say, can I borrow you're crystal ball please?

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

PSN alone will soon generate* money more than all of Nintendo (per year).

Fixed. Saying something's worth is saying it's value. Which changes the statement completely. I don't like clickbait thread title.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

There's no stopping PlayStation Nation.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NotAFanboy

@RPG-er said:

Fixed. Saying something's worth is saying it's value. Which changes the statement completely. I don't like clickbait thread title.

Actually, I think it is worth more than all of Nintendo currently.

You have to remember than PSN has huge profit margins as everything is done electronically. PS+ alone generates over $1 billion in profit per year while Nintendo only made around $350 million last year. Add up the online sales and the gap would only go up even more.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonsieurX

@notafanboy said:
@MonsieurX said:
@notafanboy said:
@iandizion713 said:
@notafanboy said:

Shitty? PSN is the best online service on consoles this gen.

Xbox LIVE is an unstable POS and the Wii U's online system is just LOL.

Here's just a small list of things wrong with Xbox LIVE.

-can't party with friends

-can't join friends' games

-can't sign into live

-app don't work (ie. Netflix requires sign in but won't sign in, or Hulu requires a disc for some reaaon)

-everyone shows as offline

-can't play online games solo

-can't play offline game that have a network component (ie. Dark Souls).

Yet it was free last gen

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@notafanboy said:
@RPG-er said:

You have to remember than PSN has huge profit margins as everything is done electronically. PS+ alone generates over $1 billion in profit per year while Nintendo only made around $350 million last year.

Nintendo has billions of dollars while Sony is still losing money and the only thing keeping Sony in profits is PlayStation division. That's it.

Also I don't appreciate being lied to when it comes to money notafanboy.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NotAFanboy

@davillain- said:
@notafanboy said:
@RPG-er said:

You have to remember than PSN has huge profit margins as everything is done electronically. PS+ alone generates over $1 billion in profit per year while Nintendo only made around $350 million last year.

Nintendo has billions of dollars while Sony is still losing money and the only thing keeping Sony in profits is PlayStation division. That's it.

Also I don't appreciate being lied to when it comes to money notafanboy.

We don't give a shit about SONY's insurance, phone, TV, and movie division.

We are only talking about gaming.

Compare the PlayStation division with Nintendo. Don't bring in irrelevant shit. PlayStation Network ALONE makes far more profit than Nintendo makes. Saying SONY lost $6 billion in profit from TVs alone is completely irrelevant. SONY's performance in other divisions will not affect the path of the playstation division. SONY will spin-off the PlayStation division if they have to.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

PS4 is like Comcast there's just no competition in the marketplace. I dunno what the Xbox Division spent 100 million dollars in R&D on XB1 and the 10 Million on the Controller but I hope Satya Nadella kept those receipts because it doesn't add up. Someone at Xbox was taking Microsoft for a ride and just got a big payday for destroying a brand.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator

@notafanboy: Whatever you say but the fact remains, Nintendo has billions of dollars while Sony isn't near Nintendo's level when it comes to profits. Also PSN was free and still free on PS3.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NotAFanboy

@davillain- said:

@notafanboy: Whatever you say but the fact remains, Nintendo has billions of dollars while Sony isn't near Nintendo's level when it comes to profits. Also PSN was free and still free on PS3.

lol... yes, in the past SONY has struggled, but the PlayStation division's future is looking pretty bright. SONY's other divisions can file bankruptcy for all I care. PlayStation is immensely profitable and it'll never go away. At the very least, it'll be spun-off into its own company and enjoy significantly higher market cap than Nintendo.

I would be more concerned about Nintendo's future. The Wii U was a colossal flop, and the NX could do even worse. The only thing keeping them profitable is the 3DS, and that thing only sold well at the start due to the momentum from the DS as well as the 3D gimmick. Aside from that, sales have slowed immensely and it looks to be their worst selling handheld ever. So for this gen alone, their console was their worst-selling console ever and their handheld was their worst selling handheld ever. Their next handheld is looking to flop horrendously like the Wii U.

I have money to invest, and it definitely won't be on Nintendo.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

PSN is worth about as much as your lackluster threads.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NotAFanboy

@speedfreak48t5p said:

PSN is worth about as much as your lackluster threads.

Yes, a service that generates over $1.5 billion in profit from PS+ subscribers alone is making both lems and sheep jelly.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

That damn forced online paywall! Its true.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/24/2015-sony-generated-4-3b-from-psn-nintendo-generated-4-7b-from-everything/

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/24/heres-how-nintendo-digital-sales-have-increased-over-time/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cg1EA32XEAMKT1r.jpg

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

*yawn*

+1. Methinks TC's name might be a tad misleading.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And that somehow makes it a worthwhile service?

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

@notafanboy said:
@RPG-er said:

You have to remember than PSN has huge profit margins as everything is done electronically. PS+ alone generates over $1 billion in profit per year while Nintendo only made around $350 million last year. Add up the online sales and the gap would only go up even more.

Like I said, worth is value. If Sony sold PSN, using that money, they would be able to buy all of Nintendo. Is that what you're saying? Because that's what the thread title is implying. Nintendo was valued at 22.2 billion dollars last year. Did Nintendo make that much? No, but that's their worth. Are you getting the keywords I'm using here?

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NotAFanboy

@RPG-er said:
@notafanboy said:
@RPG-er said:

Like I said, worth is value. If Sony sold PSN, using that money, they would be able to buy all of Nintendo. Is that what you're saying? Because that's what the thread title is implying. Nintendo was valued at 22.2 billion dollars last year. Did Nintendo make that much? No, but that's their worth. Are you getting the keywords I'm using here?

Let's be conservative and say PSN generated $2 billion in profit last year.

A person buying PSN would look at its reasonable profit for 10-15 years. As PS+ subscribers are growing quickly by the year and as more sales are down online, you can expect SONY to top $3 billion in profit soon.

PSN would be worth $20-$30 billion by itself in its current state, which is what Kidtendo is worth right now.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@notafanboy: dude, now you are not only stupid but you can't read, which part of NINTENDO IS WORTH MORE THAN SONY AS A WHOLE is so hard to understand ?

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Excellent Thread!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@charizard1605 SONY

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

After Stannis killed his daughter in hopes it'd bring him victory I think he realized it wasn't worth it, he wanted to die when Brianna came to take his life. Nintendo won't be so graceful, they're another a Sega to be, and the'll keep pumping out the Sonic at the expense of other more profitable and sound ideas.

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment that Sony is beefing up the PS4 to stop Nintendo before they even start. Though, part of me suspects it has the dual purpose of helping VR roll out better since vanilla PS4s aren't going to handle it well.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

You are almost as new as he is..lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

Nintendo could have a huge robust digital marketplace of just their first party content but they're content just releasing a small fraction of it. That and they're commitment to thwarting cross platform rights sharing and I'm resigned to just giving up on their digital ambitions.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

PSN is no where in the same stratosphere as Xbox Live. In fact PSN is a cheap Knock off of Xbox Live with terrible security. Xbox Live is not unstable. A bunch of clowns keep trying to over loading the network and there is a good possibility it's a bunch of Sony fanboys like TC that need to get a life.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Sony generated $4.3b from Network Sales alone (PSN) in calendar year 2015. Nintendo generated $4.7b from EVERYTHING.

If that's true, even I'm shocked at that.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

The power of getting your customers to bend over, and pay for online.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

how much is nintendo worth?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonsieurX

@lostrib said:

About three fiddy

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

THAT analogy tho

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

So wait...charging for online is a good thing now?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sony has been making a lot of right moves but this is a click bait title. Nintendo has a lot more market capital as things stand.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iandizion713

@Heil68 said:

Sony generated $4.3b from Network Sales alone (PSN) in calendar year 2015. Nintendo generated $4.7b from EVERYTHING.

If that's true, even I'm shocked at that.

Well, lets do the math. If PS Network had 40 million customers and each paid $40 that year. Wed have a total of 1.6 billion. Wouldnt that be awesome.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Total domination #SDC.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

How many more buildings will they have to sell to achieve this?

@notafanboy said:

How remember too how well it went for Sony last gen when they had the most powerful console

Um the Xbox 360 was more powerful, the Cell might've been better than the 360 CPU but that's not all that matters in a console. Almost every single multiplat was better on the 360.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@lostrib said:

Nintendo is worth 18.4 billion, the entirety of Sony and all its divisions is worth 17.7 billion...

This thread is moronic.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

You are almost as new as he is..lol

Maybe, but I'm not an alt, or make stupid click bait threads like that person does.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@lostrib said:

Nintendo is worth 18.4 billion, the entirety of Sony and all its divisions is worth 17.7 billion...

This thread is moronic.

They're going to need a lot more PS+ subscriptions