PSA: MK8 and Watch Dogs for $50 on Amazon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (72504 posts) -

If, for whatever reason, you haven't already jumped on this excellent, excellent game, now would be the time to do it. Especially since you get two games for $50 (given the one free game with it you already get via Club Nintendo).

Watch Dogs, well, it's the first real instance of a 'next gen' game that we have on PS4 and Xbox One- if you find yourself short of something to play on your shiny new consoles, it might not be a half bad idea to jump on Watch Dogs, with all its issues and all.

#2 Posted by DarkLink77 (32401 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

If, for whatever reason, you haven't already jumped on this excellent, excellent game, now would be the time to do it. Especially since you get two games for $50 (given the one free game with it you already get via Club Nintendo).

Damn, that's enticing. I may pick it up.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (34326 posts) -

Not in Canada :(

#4 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Got watch dogs for 45 as a pre order

#5 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I'm gonna wait on Watch Dogs, I'm having too much fun killing Nazis in Wolfenstein lol

#6 Posted by foxhound_fox (93826 posts) -

Mislead into thinking it was $50 for both.

Guess I'm getting too used to PC games going on ridiculous sale all the time.

#7 Posted by Priapus10101 (155 posts) -

I bought MK8 for $52 in Big W, Australia. I would think you could get it much cheaper in the US.

#8 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

I only bought MK8 yesterday...SMH

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (30405 posts) -

That's a pretty good deal for Wii U owners, get Mario Kart 8 and use it to redeem free copy of New Super Mario Bros U, Wind Waker, or Pikmin 3, for just $50.

#11 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12004 posts) -

Did the deal end or something? Still $60 for me

#12 Edited by charizard1605 (72504 posts) -
@PhazonBlazer said:

If you are talking about Watch Dogs, the deal is only for the PS4 version.

#13 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12004 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@PhazonBlazer said:

Mario Kart ya scrub.

#14 Edited by DarkLink77 (32401 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

@charizard1605 said:
@PhazonBlazer said:

Mario Kart ya scrub.

Nah, the deal's over.

#15 Posted by StrongBlackVine (12127 posts) -

I'll buy Watch Dogs at the $15 price point or just wait until it hits PS+.

#16 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3328 posts) -

Watch dogs is not worth that price. I'd wait until it's $20

#17 Posted by sukraj (25826 posts) -

@CleanPlayer said:

I'm gonna wait on Watch Dogs, I'm having too much fun killing Nazis in Wolfenstein lol

Get watch dogs u wont regret it bruv.Wolfenstein is a real sweet game i'm having a blast with the game and killing Nazis soldiers in different ways never get old.

#18 Posted by getyeryayasout (9874 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

I'm passing on Watch Dogs. I like the idea of it more than the actual product, which looks like it falls into the usual Ubisoft open-world trappings.

I liked AC4 and FC3 as better Ubi open worlds, but WD immediately opens up the entire map and gives you all the destinations. There is no sense of exploration and the world hardly begs to be explored because of it. The Point has a great video about it here.

I like open worlders, and WD is a pretty good time killer, but WD2 will be the game that the first should've been.

#19 Edited by Bigboi500 (34481 posts) -

Watch Dogs isn't worth $50. Wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

#20 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

Closer and closer to that $20 mark...I know it's a great series (MK), if only I loved racers more and I would have already paid $60. Too bad that free Nintendo Club game deal consists of games I own. :( Black Friday and After Xmas sales will be here soon enough.

I'm not into Ubi games (other than Ancel) honestly, so I don't think I'll ever own Watch_Dogs unless it comes along gifted to me. I fear then though, I wouldn't open it. The lower metascores (than I expected 78/100) didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

#21 Posted by SolidGame_basic (20501 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Closer and closer to that $20 mark...I know it's a great series (MK), if only I loved racers more and I would have already paid $60. Too bad that free Nintendo Club game deal consists of games I own. :( Black Friday and After Xmas sales will be here soon enough.

I'm not into Ubi games (other than Ancel) honestly, so I don't think I'll ever own Watch_Dogs unless it comes along gifted to me. I fear then though, I wouldn't open it. The lower metascores didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

Lower metascores? It scored fantastically...

#22 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm not into Ubi games (other than Ancel) honestly, so I don't think I'll ever own Watch_Dogs unless it comes along gifted to me. I fear then though, I wouldn't open it. The lower metascores (than I expected ) didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

78/100 metascore is not for $60 and certainly not someone like me who doesn't enjoy Sandbox and especially Ubisoft games. I suppose we see fantastical differently, but to each their own. I wasn't interested in this title when it was first revealed way back when, so I awaited scores from various trusted sites and the game just didn't zap me back into Ubi's camp. I think the scores are respectable and certainly not low, but lower than I needed to bite the $60 bullet (or to be even interested in the title).

It's not bad, but this game needed to really blow the critics away to push me over to UBI's camp, which it did not. It's certainly a respectable score, but I needed more convincing as I find Ubi's games pretty cookie cutter, copy and paste style is not for me. I won't judge other gamers, but I know what I like and this game just doesn't seem to have that magical wow factor to pull me back into Ubi's camp. I'm not judging the game, as I said above, the critics didn't grant me the faith I was hoping in nudging me towards the game at $60. Please don't take offense, I'm not critical of the game, just stating my own reasons on my purchasing decisions. If you don't like sports games, no matter how great the scores are, you may just avoid them. I feel close to the same for sandbox and Ubisoft's game design. There games seem to have a very, "been there done that" feel to me once the novelty wears off an hour in the game. That's just me though, I know for others, they are very new and thankful for the games and more power to them.

#24 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

I saw that deleted post, but being a nice guy I won't quote the user's who's confusion between the older game Sleeping Dogs which was free on PS+ and much later with GwG, and the much more recent Watch_Dogs.

Shout out to Naughty Dog, Nintendog's, and Snoopy while I'm here.

#25 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20501 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm not into Ubi games (other than Ancel) honestly, so I don't think I'll ever own Watch_Dogs unless it comes along gifted to me. I fear then though, I wouldn't open it. The lower metascores (than I expected ) didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

78/100 metascore is not for $60 and certainly not someone like me who doesn't enjoy Sandbox and especially Ubisoft games. I suppose we see fantastical differently, but to each their own. I wasn't interested in this title when it was first revealed way back when, so I awaited scores from various trusted sites and the game just didn't zap me back into Ubi's camp. I think the scores are respectable and certainly not low, but lower than I needed to bite the $60 bullet (or to be even interested in the title).

It's not bad, but this game needed to really blow the critics away to push me over to UBI's camp, which it did not. It's certainly a respectable score, but I needed more convincing as I find Ubi's games pretty cookie cutter, copy and paste style is not for me. I won't judge other gamers, but I know what I like and this game just doesn't seem to have that magical wow factor to pull me back into Ubi's camp. I'm not judging the game, as I said above, the critics didn't grant me the faith I was hoping in nudging me towards the game at $60. Please don't take offense, I'm not critical of the game, just stating my own reasons on my purchasing decisions. If you don't like sports games, no matter how great the scores are, you may just avoid them. I feel close to the same for sandbox and Ubisoft's game design. There games seem to have a very, "been there done that" feel to me once the novelty wears off an hour in the game. That's just me though, I know for others, they are very new and thankful for the games and more power to them.

PS4 MC has 64 reviews and out of that it scored 81/100. You know how hard it is to please 64 reviewers? 81% is great! Either way, it's disappointing how people pre-judge a game like that

#26 Edited by SecretPolice (26588 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I saw that deleted post, but being a nice guy I won't quote the user's who's confusion between the older game Sleeping Dogs which was free on PS+ and much later with GwG, and the much more recent Watch_Dogs.

Ya just couldn't help yourself eh. I can't blame ya, since the SP is sooo Rarely ummm, w..wr.. wro wron, eh not quite right, you just had to pounce. tehe

You & me man, like pees & carrots. :P

#27 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

PS4 MC has 64 reviews and out of that it scored 81/100. You know how hard it is to please 64 reviewers? 81% is great! Either way, it's disappointing how people pre-judge a game like that

Dude, I don't like Sandbox and I don't like Ubi. I knew this YEARS AGO! WatchDogs lower metascores didn't impress me, but I'm glad you appreciate the game. The game released and as I said all year I wasn't buying it unless it blasted out of the gate with AAA marks. This isn't a new post from me, but apparently to you my post was shocking. I'm sorry, but the game didn't impress me and the lower scores 78/78/81 across PC/Xbone/PS4 wasn't enough for me to spend money on the game (certainly not $60). Did you make the game or something? I shouldn't be offending you. It's not like I'm on facebook badmouthing your photos. It's just a game that I didn't look forward to that finally released and I hoped for higher scores for me, but alas tis not to be. Don't worry about it, because I'll tell you right now the game was designed in a genre of games I don't prefer (sandbox), by a company I don't prefer (Ubisoft). I have played so many of their games before I came to this conclusion YEARS AGO.

Glad you seem to love the title. I granted no judgements on you, so kindly grant me the same because truth be told, I can very easily label and judge with the best of them.

#28 Edited by LadyBlue (4937 posts) -

I'll get WD when it hits $20-$30.

BF is going to be fun.

#29 Posted by SolidTy (48802 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

@SolidTy said:

Ya just couldn't help yourself eh. I can't blame ya, since the SP is sooo Rarely ummm, w..wr.. wro wron, eh not quite right, you just had to pounce. tehe

When I first saw the shih-tzu post, I had to paws a moment. I decided to be helpful. In essence, I was doing a favor for the user by posting something, anything, to cover up his pawful last post. It was ruff. I won't reveal the user, no matter who sniffs around here. I just won't hound the guy like that. I'm eating woofles right now for breakfast anyways.

Bone Appetite.

#30 Posted by SecretPolice (26588 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@SecretPolice said:

@SolidTy said:

When I first saw the shih-tzu post, I had to paws a moment. I decided to be helpful. In essence, I was doing a favor for the user by posting something, anything, to cover up his pawful last post. It was ruff. I won't reveal the user, no matter who sniffs around here. I just won't hound the guy like that. I'm eating woofles right now for breakfast anyways.

Bone Appetite.

I don't care who you are, that's some punny stuff right there mang. but you should have ended with...

Xbone Appetite. :P

#31 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@SolidTy said:
@SecretPolice said:

@SolidTy said:

Bone Appetite.

I don't care who you are, that's some punny stuff right there mang. but you should have ended with...

Xbone Appetite. :P

The Dog approves. :)

#32 Posted by da_illest101 (8127 posts) -

I might get watch dogs when it's lower than $20 or I might not. I simply don't trust Ubisoft when it comes to games. Far cry 3, blood dragon and the rayman series are the only things I like from them.

#33 Posted by SolidGame_basic (20501 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

Dude, I don't like Sandbox and I don't like Ubi. I knew this YEARS AGO! WatchDogs lower metascores didn't impress me, but I'm glad you appreciate the game. The game released and as I said all year I wasn't buying it unless it blasted out of the gate with AAA marks. This isn't a new post from me, but apparently to you my post was shocking. I'm sorry, but the game didn't impress me and the lower scores 78/78/81 across PC/Xbone/PS4 wasn't enough for me to spend money on the game (certainly not $60). Did you make the game or something? I shouldn't be offending you. It's not like I'm on facebook badmouthing your photos. It's just a game that I didn't look forward to that finally released and I hoped for higher scores for me, but alas tis not to be. Don't worry about it, because I'll tell you right now the game was designed in a genre of games I don't prefer (sandbox), by a company I don't prefer (Ubisoft). I have played so many of their games before I came to this conclusion YEARS AGO.

Glad you seem to love the title. I granted no judgements on you, so kindly grant me the same because truth be told, I can very easily label and judge with the best of them.

If only you wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on game with a 81% metacritic lol. I really don't get the logic behind that. MC is kind of a bad barometer to use if you want to assess a game because it's just an aggregate score of many other people's opinions. You may agree more with some than others.

#34 Edited by heretrix (37684 posts) -

I'm not getting Watchdogs until it's less than 20 bucks. I've been watching some playthroughs and it isn't terrible, but I can wait.

#35 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@CleanPlayer said:

Get watch dogs u wont regret it bruv.Wolfenstein is a real sweet game i'm having a blast with the game and killing Nazis soldiers in different ways never get old.

I probably should check out Watch Dogs after seeing more playthroughs of it, and yeah Woflenstein is dope. The story is satisfying alongside the gunplay, I'm on my second playthrough and Deathshead is also a great evil character lol

#36 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (21451 posts) -

Bah just wait until Assassin's Dogs is $19.99 this christmas.

Or Watch Creeds. or whatever. Who honestly enjoys that crap game.

#37 Posted by wolverine4262 (20459 posts) -

I already got Watch Dogs cheaper on PC. Thanks anyway

#38 Posted by santoron (8560 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

The lower metascores (than I expected 78/100) didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

Then go with the PS4 MC score and BAM, up to 81! ;P

I liked the game. Heck, I'm still playing it quite a bit and I got done with the story a couple days ago, and I rarely do that with a game. Of course, I do like sandboxes.

#39 Edited by SolidTy (48802 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidTy said:

Lower metascores? It scored fantastically..PS4 MC has 64 reviews and out of that it scored 81/100. You know how hard it is to please 64 reviewers? 81% is great! Either way, it's disappointing how people pre-judge a game like that .

If only you wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on game with a 81% metacritic lol. I really don't get the logic behind that. MC is kind of a bad barometer to use if you want to assess a game because it's just an aggregate score of many other people's opinions. You may agree more with some than others.

Firstly, I have never been impressed with an 80s score on Metacritic and I never will be. Never going to happen. Impressed shouldn't be confused with "like". I like plenty of 80s games, but I'm not impressed with the 80s score, but I like the game. Secondly, and more importantly, I don't like Ubisoft's games and I certainly dislike Sandbox games. This game is a sandbox game. The game has to do some kind of something to appeal to me in dealing with a Sandbox. I'm simply not interested unless the game set a new bar for sandbox which clearly 79%, 79%, and an 81% does not.

I NEVER said I was quick to pass judgement, that's an assumption you made. I took a long time to pass my judgement and it's based on a lot more than MC, it also includes a game in a genre I don't like (sandbox) and made by a company (Ubisoft) I find makes very boring, paint-by-numbers design. The reviewers I trust didn't love the game and I needed them to sway me and it never happened.

But I told you I did above something you might have missed. I've explained my process multiple times in the many years I've been here. I very briefly above explained it as well, but I'll spell it out again. I use sites and magazines I trust, written articles with reviewers I trust. I actually used trusted websites and reviewers that included select sites/reviewers in Watchdog's case. Because that's what I actually do and I said it above, however when I'm in SW I just use MC so I don't have to argue the merits of every individual reviewer I trust and relate too as well as my personal entourage that I rely on. It prevents trolling reviewers. That RL group is anecdotal and useless for demonstrative purposes. I don't specifically tell users.for instance that I like Kevin V. Ord over many reviewers at Gamespot because then that usually starts an argument about his ups and downs. It's also why I use more than one reviewer. FYI though, Kevin gave the game an 8. My personal list goes on and on, but that's pointless. MC makes my point easier in SW. I'm sorry you will never agree, but that's just your choice as a human.

All that said, if a game gets an incredibly high MC score, like Batman Arkham City, Final Fantasy 9, MGS4, Metroid Prime, Gears of War, God of War, Uncharted 2, Halo, The Last of Us, or Mario Galaxy did I take notice (all those and more are 94+ at MC). Starcraft II I love as well, it sits at a 93. Clearly, there are some games no matter the score that I won't like and other games I'm sure that got 80s that feel like a 90+ to me, although I can't think of any right now. Sometimes I even try out games I don't typically like (genres I don't like), like a sports game just to see what the hubbub is about. Watch Dogs failed on that front and since it's a genre I don't like by a company I don't like, it works out fine to me.

I suspect I would FLOOR you if I listed other games that SW loves that I do not, but I will tell you UBISOFT makes other franchises that I don't like at all. You really shouldn't care so much about a game. Some people don't like what you like and considering my gamerscore and trophies I have played A LOT more games than most people in SW, at least looking at those metrics. I go with what I know and trust and that starts with me, not a random user I don't know in SW. You think 81 is fantastic and I never will agree...ever. We don't see eye to eye and I suspect if you lived in my house and had my experience this conversation would be more fun, but it is what it is.

#40 Posted by SolidTy (48802 posts) -
@santoron said:

@SolidTy said:

The lower metascores (than I expected 78/100) didn't grant me the faith I was hoping my nudge me towards the game. Sandbox gamers though, I'm told they will enjoy it more than I.

Then go with the PS4 MC score and BAM, up to 81! ;P

I liked the game. Heck, I'm still playing it quite a bit and I got done with the story a couple days ago, and I rarely do that with a game. Of course, I do like sandboxes.

Those three points is all I needed, now I bought three copies for PS4. That was a close one!

Also, you like sandbox games so you qualify for the last sentence, where I'm told people that like that type of sandbox game will get more out of it. :P

That's what I keep hearing and you are one more I can add to the list of people that enjoy this game. Not for me though, based on what I read and saw, but more power to you.

#41 Posted by sukraj (25826 posts) -

@CleanPlayer said:

@sukraj said:

@CleanPlayer said:

I probably should check out Watch Dogs after seeing more playthroughs of it, and yeah Woflenstein is dope. The story is satisfying alongside the gunplay, I'm on my second playthrough and Deathshead is also a great evil character lol

If you like GTA open world games then i'm sure you will enjoy watch dogs mate.

Wolfenstein is a fun game bro i'm also enjoying the game too some really nice characters in the game and the guns look and sound amazing.

#42 Posted by finalstar2007 (27670 posts) -

Destiny is also $50 on amazon for those who dont know.. i just pre-ordered my PS4 copy of Destiny and will wait till the game almost close to releasing to decide if i should really get it or not.