PS4, XBOX ONE Or Wii U, Who Are You Siding With?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BlackGenjii (231 posts) -

Between PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, which do prefer, and why?

Myself, I'm not quite sure which one I'm choosing yet... still deciding.

#2 Edited by Bigboi500 (30095 posts) -

PS4 and Wii U all the way. TO HELL with Microsoft. I'm renewing my fanboy card today. Right now!

#3 Posted by Blabadon (26662 posts) -

Probably PS4, Remote Play + PS Plus + Sony exclusives

PC is extremely tempting as well

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8211 posts) -

PS4 due to Sony's bounty of world class exclusives and hardware and not being anti-consumer like Microsoft.

#5 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

For now I would say Xbox One due to the fact that PS4 has nothing to play and for the most part probably wont for another 6 months or so.

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (43549 posts) -

Neither.

#7 Posted by starwolf474 (699 posts) -

I'll own both, but Xbox One will be my primary because I prefer the Xbox controller, online service, and community.

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3617 posts) -

Manticore side.

#9 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1374 posts) -

@PrincessGomez: you mean whichever one has the most kid games side?

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I am getting the PS4 and and I am not bothering with explaining why because I have done so a few dozen times already and I am done.

#11 Edited by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

PS4

#12 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3617 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie:

You seem to have a hard on for me.

#13 Posted by PrincessKenny (30 posts) -

PS4 so kawaii.

#14 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6236 posts) -

I have both, but I prefer XB1 (mainly because I like the controller better).

#15 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

I am just going to get a PlayStation 4, but I do not consider myself a cow, I simply see no value in the Xbox One or Wii U.

#16 Edited by mems_1224 (47285 posts) -

I want a PS4 but its not getting any games I want. Im gonna get most single player games on PC and the X1 has the multiplayer games I want.

#17 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Definitely not the Xflop 30FPS 720P

#18 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2163 posts) -

Sony, they have Naughty Dog.

#19 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (157 posts) -

Xbox one! Has the exclusives i want/like. Had the 360 and PS3 last gen and the only game IMO even worth owning on the PS3 was God Of War 3. All other PS3 exclusives were pretty much garbage.

#20 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

Being the unbiased poster I am, no one in particular. I go where the games are.

#21 Edited by stuff238 (722 posts) -

The final nail in microsofts coffin for me is microsofts horrible XBL security checks. It is the biggest pain in the *** just to sign in online for me. They want a security check to "make sure it is me". So I set up 2 e-mails they can use to contact me, a phone number to call me and a phone number to text me. I input all the security codes from the phone calls, e-mails and texts......yet I STILL can't sign into XBL. I give up.

This is worse than youtube forcing me to make a google account and forcing me to give them my phone number to prove it's me.

Why can't they make my life easy like Sony does? If I forget my password, I click "forgot password" and they send me an e-mail to fix it. Simple, easy and done within 1 minute. Microsoft can go to hell with all this running around and confusing BS.

#22 Posted by blamix99 (2065 posts) -

PS4 - play games on 1080p and 60fps

has great upcoming exclusives

superior mp

cheaper too, but very hard to find one right now

#23 Edited by KingsofQueens (2217 posts) -

PS4 for reasons that are obvious already.

#24 Posted by sailor232 (4831 posts) -

Xbox one, I am sick of Sony's exclusives, never tried any of Microsoft's so they are fresh to me. Plus first time using Xbox Live, everything is new and fresh, which I like.

#25 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

PS4.

If Xbox One suddenly starts to get these crazy must-have exclusives that define "next-gen".. well I'll just hop onto the other side.

#26 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

PS4. WIth the exception of Titanfall, I see no games on Xbox One I like. Halo, Gears of War, and Forza have gotten stale for me.

I am waiting a really long time anyway to see what is coming out anyway, but it is more than likely going to be PS4.

#27 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5146 posts) -

Xbone is cancer and I would welcome its annihilation.

It's all about Sonyntendo this gen.

#28 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5662 posts) -

PS4 for me

#29 Posted by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

I plan on owning both, not to would be missing out on too many good games. Right now I have an Xbox One but by end of 2015 I want to own a PS4 also. Bashing consoles is stupid and makes us look like idiots.

#30 Posted by Slashkice (13241 posts) -

I already bought a PS4, so there's my pick. The Xbox One needs more exclusives before I can consider getting it.

#31 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6278 posts) -

I'm more of an XBOX guy. So XBOX One will be my choice as primary console. It really boils down to the controller preference and online infrastructure, to me.

I don't think I'm going the multi console gamer route again, this gen. Far too many games and so little time to invest. Would rather take advantage in getting the most out of one system.

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13715 posts) -

The Wii U. Its 8th Generation right ? So yeah, that one.

#33 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

Well currently I prefer the PS4 but that's because I haven't yet had chance to properly try out the XBO

#34 Edited by tubbyc (3770 posts) -

I've chosen the PS4 this time instead of going with both. An upside of playing less systems is that you have more time to get into and appreciate each one you own more.

Sony have built up some great 1st party studios and I've liked plenty of the new IPs they have created each generation.

Every PlayStation has gotten solid 3rd party support, and although the PS3 got off to a rough start, Sony learnt some lessons from it and the PS4 is about gaming first and foremost: the most powerful new console and designed to be easier for developers to work with than the PS2 and especially the PS3. Sony also seem to have a very good relationship with indies for the PS4. This can lead to some innovative new games, and in Resogun's case, a fun shoot-em-up which makes good use of the console.

The dualshock 4 is a clear improvement on previous dualshocks. It's more comfortable with longer handles and better triggers, so it's more suitable for shooters.

The Xbox One is also a good console, but the exclusives announced so far don't seem very appealing to me. I've enjoyed Halo and Forza in the past, but at this point feel tired of them. Fable 1 and 2 were pretty good, and we'll see how the next one turns out, but I don't think it will be a system seller for me.

Kinect 2.0 doesn't interest me, especially the TV features and navigating the interface by talking to Kinect, which the interface seems to be designed for.

I'd like to get into more online gaming this gen, and even though you have to subscribe to PS+, at a slightly cheaper price than Xbox live, I'm sure I'll still find good value in it due to playing online more, and the games offered with the PS+ subscription spanning across the PS3, Vita and PS4.

As with the Wii U though, I may end up getting an Xbox One if a couple of must-have games come out, but I definitely can't see it happening for a very long time.

#35 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

That's just it though, I can choose both.

#36 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13715 posts) -

Whats the difference between the two anyway ? Theres really not much of a point in getting both, even the exclusives appear to be simular. Only PS4 doesn't have an exclusive fighting game, which is not a win for Microsoft since Injustice will be coming to both systems and is Kilometers (metric system for the win) better than Killer Instinct.

Both will have exclusive FPSs, Racers, Action Games, TPSs. Who would want Forza AND Gran Turismo, Killzone AND Halo ?

#37 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Really really tough decision for me. At the moment, they're both feeble.

What makes it harder is there's only one game between the both of them I'd care to play, and that's Forza 5. But at the same time, for the long haul I feel like the PS4 would be a better choice.

Don't really care to support either, but at the moment it seems PS4 is leading the gen.

#38 Edited by KratosYOLOSwag (679 posts) -

I'll be getting a PS4. Can't go wrong with the best combination of 1st and 3rd party games on the most powerful console of all time for $100 less.

#39 Edited by cainetao11 (17765 posts) -

Myself. I'm getting both eventually because there will be great games to play on either console.

#40 Edited by killerfist (19827 posts) -

I'm still deciding. I have time and patience.. I'm going to wait probably until the end of this year.

So far I'm leaning towards the PS4 but I'll see.

*btw, I will end up with both in the end. Just like last gen. The above is for the one I'll buy first.

#41 Edited by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

Xbone 720p of course. It has the best price, best hardware, kinect and the cloud! Did I also mention it has the best firs party?

Yeah Xbone will win this gen!

(LOL)

#42 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Wii U

#43 Edited by freedomfreak (40997 posts) -

Both have games I want. I'll end up with both, eventually.

#44 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72470 posts) -

PS4 and i am going to mention Wii U in this aswell

#45 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

PS4, Sony has all the franchises I'm interesting and they breed new IPs so won't be short of games on the system

Microsoft have another chance after the failing of Ryse to convince me to the xbone with Quantum Break, although one game is not gonna be make me drop $500 so I'm hoping for a hefty price cut soon or at least by the end of the year at minimum.

I'll also consider a Wii-U when 'X' and Bayonetta 2 are out and there has been another price cut seeing as the company is pretty much about to drop it into a money hole.

The PS4 was the only console worth buying full price. The PS3 is bleeding games, my backlog can't take it. It was an obvious choice.

#46 Posted by superbuuman (2904 posts) -

Wii U & PS4...already have Wii U, getting PS4 later. :P

#47 Posted by Malta_1980 (11404 posts) -

PS4 for me... although I was planning on getting one later on this year my lovely gf decided to surprise me and got me one last Saturday (along KZ:Shadowfall)... Now will get later on this week Fifa 2014 :)

#48 Posted by blamix99 (2065 posts) -

wow everyone is getting the PS4, only loyal fanboys remain with the X1. PS4 and WiiU is the best combination

#49 Edited by PonchoTaco (2175 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

wow everyone is getting the PS4, only loyal fanboys remain with the X1. PS4 and WiiU is the best combination

Too bad SW is such a small representation of "everyone".

On topic: PC and Wii U

#50 Posted by blamix99 (2065 posts) -

@PonchoTaco said:

@blamix99 said:

Too bad SW is such a small representation of "everyone".

On topic: PC and Wii U

yup that works too