PS4/XB1: Is the performance gap a big deal?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@bublover1 said:

LOL @ lems using the controller excuse when almost all gamers voted the DS4 as the best controller of all time and the Xbone controller as worse than the PS3 controller.

It makes just about as much sense as deciding which console to get based upon hardware specs..

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kinectthedots said:

he already said he'd go for the most graphically superior version of the game

the next question, his answer is legit. if 100% of the time he's going to be stuck on a platform forcing him to use a controller which causes discomfort....

eh i feel like no further explanation is needed.

'lame lems' - you failed with this. you look like a tool Galileo.

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

which persists today. his answer was legit.

So you never played on a PS4 pad either? It's not the placing that was the problem it was the spacing and how your hands were squished together with the old PS controllers but that is gone with the DS4. The spacing is right and the thumbs fall naturally in place.

So that argument is wrong. As someone who has big hands and avoided past PS controllers I would know. The answer is BS because as I said he used the PS2 as his example.

you are not able to predict the outcome thehig1 will have playing on a ds4. i respect thehig1's experience and his answers, which in the context of the discussion raise no 'fanboy' flags with me. i have used a dual shock 4, i don't have a problem with those analog sticks, nor the sticks on other controllers.

a pc gamer was asked to choose between systems (which differ in power by less than a GPU upgrade), and he chose one based on the controller he thought he'd enjoy more... on two systems which don't exactly have a selection of controllers available ... so essentially 100% of interactions with the console he'll be stuck using that controller!

Then thehig1 was called a lem <-- that's unreasonable. flat out uncool. when i see people doing shit like this here, i wonder why. everyone can read it, everyone can see that azitas is calling him a lem for no reason whatsoever other than to make a wisecrack. it actually just makes azitas look like a cow rather than thehig1 look like a lem.

honestly, thehig1's thought process seems totally normal to me. play on pc for graphics, when forced to choose among consoles - keep many things in mind including graphics and controllers.

seems to me that azitas asked a question he suspected he knew the answer to, and was disappointed when an impartial person chose xb1 over ps4.

Cheers Crownkingarthur you summed up what I would have said.

I don't own either consoles but have played them, the thumbstick placement of Xbox controller is what feels natural to me, the Ps4 controller felt uncomfortable and I couldn't adjust.

That was after a few hours playing Fifa at a friends house, it never gave me Artritus like the ps2 controller, but the X1 Pad is more comfortable for me.

Thats all hypothetical I'm very unlikely to buy either an X1 or ps4 in the next 5 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@bublover1 said:

LOL @ lems using the controller excuse when almost all gamers voted the DS4 as the best controller of all time and the Xbone controller as worse than the PS3 controller.

It makes as much sense as choosing one console over the other based on hardware specs..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Naaa, he cant handle the fact the gap is getting closer so has to use old benchmarks to prove a point that doesn't exist now.

If you included all the people who didn't own a Xbox One or PS4 I think you'll find there more people would agree its not a deciding factor in the way he desperately wants it too.

He has plenty of time to quote benchmarks cos he has nothing to play.

Yeah it is lol Sniper Elite 3 1080p on both 30FPS with V-synch on xbox one,1080p 50FPS average with 35 drop and 60FPS sustained peaks and better image quality on ps4,no where have i seen this before.mmmm...lol

Wait wasn't that what happen with Tomb Raider as well.? Which is basically the biggest gap recorded.? 1080p on both the xbox one version got lock into 30FPS,The PS4 version average 50FPS with peaks of 60FPS sustained as well and better image quality as well..lol

So how was the gap closed.?

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Just because I defend the XB1 does not make me a die hard lemming. Do I bash the PS4? Say its games suck? Say that the Xb1 actually has more raw power? Nope - the most I have said that could be interpreted as "negative" is that the PS4 is a gaming machine, while the XB1 is more of a media system; something that both Sony and MS say about their respective products.

As far as I am concerned, the consoles are so similar in gaming performance that issues like this are trivial. MS's console and Sony's console have more parity than any gen in the past. The difference is less than PS3 vs 360, which was less than Xbox vs PS2. What should determine a person's purchasing decision (if they are only getting one) are the games and features of the console. This whole resolution thing is overblown; and a broken record to boot.

What I do find so funny about this is that when talking about gaming, the same arguments cows said about the PS2 are what lemmings are saying about the XB1 and vice versa. Take any "PS4 vs Xbox One" thread and change PS4 to "Xbox" and XBox One to "PS2", and they are pretty much identical arguments.

You are a die hard lemming be proud and stop denying it you lemming this gen are down right pathetic,for god sake next time sony screw up i will on purpose claim to not be a cow to see how you people react to it...

That is funny because when the xbox landed the PS2 was close to 2 years old,is not like the xbox arrived on March 2000 and beat the PS2 power wise it landed on November 2001 20 months after the PS2 was on the market,yeah it was expected that the xbox should be more powerful,it ended getting its ass whoop because the PS2 had all the games on lock.

They are not identical arguments in any way,in fact this 2 consoles release the same month a week from each other,and one was $500 while been weaker,the PS2 was weaker but wasn't more expensive than the xbox,MS arrived at $300 which was the PS2 price at the moment.

So the arguments are not even close,game wise the PS2 walked all over the xbox,MGS2,FFX,GT3,GTA3,DMC some of the games the xbox walked into on that holiday 2001,people didn't even wanted to look at the xbox even that it was more powerful and cost the same,and developer making games used the PS2 as lead platforms and most of what the xbox got were water down PS2 port with barely anything other than smoother image thanks to AA,most multiplatforms were basically identical,games like Splinter Cell and NG where a different story since they were coded with the xbox in mind,so was Halo,Mechassault,PGR Forza.

Even this own site slammed many multiplatform games for been nothing more than quick cash grab port on xbox,and didn't use the console real power.

Is not even close to be the same.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Nope. I'm a big supporter of PlayStation. I am just not a supporter of your bullshit in every thread. You are the single most annoying person on this forum. Totally unreasonable. I would suggest you just stop because you constantly make a fool of yourself, and other PlayStation fans, by being a complete tool favoring fps differences over more important/less tedious matters.

What you don't seem to grasp is that the format in which you type your BS, fails to penetrate peoples brains because of it's pure obnoxious wording and irritatingly poor grammar. A grade F troll. Nothing worse.

Now unless you have something realistic and plausable to add to any thread, leave people the **** alone.

How is bullshi** now prove it...

Once again you just arrived here how the fu** do you even know.? Oh yeah another troll alter account...lol

Really so what less tedious matter should i favor.?

At least i am not a sorry ass alter account who is to shameful to post from his real account,so yeah so call ""unbiased poster who have all systems""...Give me a break,if you don't like my post don't read it no one is forcing you dude... cry baby...

@StormyJoe said:

Are you kidding? Dude, the difference between the two is the smallest it has ever been. Your comment would have made since in 2002, but not this gen.

Bullsh** total bullsh**...lol

Is actually the biggest recorded on 2 consoles that release in the same month at the start of a generation.

The xbox arrived 20 freaking months after the PS2,it didn't release on March 2000 it was on November 2001,so yeah obviously that it would be more powerful just like the GC was as well for the same reason,just like N64 was stronger for the same reason as well.

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

No what "says it all" is the fact that you take this System Wars thing really seriously. Grow up dude. I never sided with PC in that post. I posted a fact. If people are calling out power and resolution then why ignore the fact that PC is always at the top of that? After accepting that look at the games a console has. That really is why to buy one over another. I am huge Halo fan so it would be stupid for me to not buy the Xbox. Lighten the fvck up because you're the one that comes across sad.

This coming from you is a joke,the same advantage PC have over the PS4 the,PS4 has it over the xbox one PERIOD it is like that no matter how you cry and pretend it is small or non existent.

There is a gap and regardless of what you want what i want is different,and what other want is different to so your personal taste mean just sh**,you are a sad lemming period keep the cheer leading up,the same argument you use against the PS4 apply to the xbox one even more because no matter what a PC that out perform the PS4 cost you more than a damn PS4,an xbox one isn't cheaper than a PS4 and up until last month it was $100 more.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By tormentos

@thehig1 said:

X1, because Playstation controllers will give me severe arthritis due to the terrible thumb stick placement. The Playsation 2 days were agony for my hands.

Oh please the PS controller was the first controller with 2 analogues it doesn't have a terrible thumb placement,in fact no one complained about it until the damn xbox arrived with the first horrible controller that was a cross between a DS and a Dreamcast controller,it wasn't better in any way,all the contrary my friends even refused to play multiplayer with me because they hated the huge ass xbox controller,and the analogue placement,i was even force to buy controller inverters which allowed my friends to play with my DS2 controllers on the xbox,hell i still own one of those is some where with my old stuff..lol

The sad argument has been pull since 2001,the majority of gamers don't even care,and the PS2 156 million units sold is a testament to how that controller wasn't an issue.

@CrownKingArthur said:

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

Which was never an issue until the xbox arrived and blind biased fanboys started to attack the PS2 controller,because everything on xbox was better,it was a sad notion,specially with that horrible xbox controller,the black and white buttons are hand down the worse buttons even build on a damn controller,that controller was design by a total and complete moron,it was so bad it was replace for the Japanese version which was smaller,and still the D pad sucks and the black and white buttons still sucked,the analogue placement for me wasn't bad on either i have no problem adjusting my hand to any of the 2 controllers,is juts a sad excuse to justify their crap.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@tormentos: same shyte from you every time. you really are a sad little person.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#207 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@bublover1 said:

I am a gamer and I wasn't given a ballot. Anyone else in System Wars get their ballot? Secondly, why do you care what others prefer? Does it make something better believing EVERYBODY feels the same way as you? Where is your back bone?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

It's a huge deal because the Xbone and PS4 have almost nothing to separate themselves from each other. Wii U has nintendos stable of amazing 1st party studios and IP's. PC just shits on everything when it comes to multiplats. PS4 has medicore 1st party and 2nd best multiplats. Xbone has worst multiplats (except for wii U which doesn't even count it's multiplats are so bad). In addition M$ has terrible 1st party. Idk why anyone would want a Xbone.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

The supposed "gap" between the two systems is something that fanboys from both systems exaggerate. I have a PS4 and could not care less if the X1 was better or worse. I prefer the PS4 for my own reasons not because of some small GPU advantage. This whole "which console is more powerful" debate is hilarious. I really don't give a crap. More important things to worry about than something as miniscule as that. You kids on this forum need to get a grip.

iTrueColors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#210 iTrueColors
Member since 2014 • 52 Posts

I really think its all about what you want to play. Im a big halo guy so my mind was made up for me and I greatly enjoy my x1.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 thehig1

@tormentos: ok. ..its not really an argument I do

Not care for Microsoft or sony consoles I just have a preference for the X box controller because I prefer the thumbstick placement. Most games I've played from gen 6 and 7 used both thumbsticks and barely used the d-pad.

Also the saying the ps2 controller is fine for everyone by using the example of it's sold 156 million is wrong, there are more than 156 million gamers in the world.

Just because a lot of believe something doesn't mean it's true.

For example a lot of people believe in an intelligent creator, doesn't mean it's true.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#212 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Awinagainov:

It is a big deal; the two consoles cost the same but one is noticeably more powerful. Whichever way you try and swing the argument it boils down to this. They shouldn't be the same price.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Gue1 said:

games like MGS5 are missing a shit ton of effects on Xbone and still running at lower resolution and like 15 frames behind. So you tell me... Things are only gonna get worse with time unless the cloud stuff can do something since hardware wise each component on the Xbone is a bit weaker than the PS4's. GPU is weaker, CPU is weaker, esRam is a bottleneck, etc.

BTW MS has this "parity clause" that will pretty much make every multiplat game on PS4 to be gimped for parity with the Xbone, but there are devs like Kojima who favor Sony and don't give a **** about parity anything. And small differences will always be there favoring the PS4 even though you'll be paying the same price for both consoles.

The Gap has been closing for awhile. I don't see anymore 720P or 792P games being announced for XB1 do you? Almost all the newer games being announced is 1080P 30/60fps on XB1 now. This is all before DX12 or Cloud computing being fully intergrated into XB1. Sure the XB1 was weaker when the system launched, but it seems to be getting stronger with every update. The minor difference isn't that important. Sure, I got most of my multiplats on the XBox 360 last generation, but there were a few I got on the PS3 as well. Same thing will happen this generation. I'll buy most multiplats on PS4, but will still get a few on XB1. It really all comes down to exclusives. If you like more exclusives on XB1, then they should buy that. If they like more of the PS4 exclusives, then get that system. Same goes with the Wii U. I wouldn't pick a system based on multiplats and how they perform.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Firstly, telling people if they care about graphics to play on PC is pretty stupid. A good PC gaming rig costs a lot more than either console and some people just don't want the hassle of upgrading and swapping hardware parts in and out. People choose console for ease of use.

Secondly, performance really does matter this gen because most games will be multi plat and the PS4 will ALWAYS have better multi plats so really the only reason from a gaming perspective to buy an X1 over a PS4 is if you want the X1 exclusives there is NO other reason it really is that simple I don't know why people are complicating it. I'll end up with both but if I could only have one it would be the PS4 because the X1 exclusives are not a big enough pull at least at this moment in time.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#215  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@kinectthedots said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

X1, because Playstation controllers will give me severe arthritis due to the terrible thumb stick placement. The Playsation 2 days were agony for my hands.

I just loled ....

You people avoiding to answer a simple question , you finding 123123 other excuses than actually answer the obvious.

Every single one of us , every single one , if they had to choose between 2 , very same version of a game on the very same price tag but with different overall graphical quality .. would have choose the best of the two. Every single one of us.

And now ... its the controller ... lame lems

he already said he'd go for the most graphically superior version of the game

the next question, his answer is legit. if 100% of the time he's going to be stuck on a platform forcing him to use a controller which causes discomfort....

eh i feel like no further explanation is needed.

'lame lems' - you failed with this. you look like a tool Galileo.

WRONG!

He used the PS2 controller as an excuse and the example and the DS4 is nothing like past PS controllers and completely negates his compliant.

I also hated to use those tiny PS2 and PS3 controllers and actually even preferred the original big xbox controller over PS pads because of my huge hands. I also went out and replaced all my PS3 controllers with xbox 360 replicas to play my games because the felt better to me...but the DS4? I don't even notice DS4 in my hands, it's so comfortable it actually feels better than the xbox360 controller.

The PS4 pad is near perfect and nothing like past PS controllers, so that guys complaint using a PS2 pad as an example proves 100% he never even played on a PS4 game pad, so AzatiS calling him out on his post was actually on point.

WRONG!

"thumb stick placement"

So you never played on a PS4 pad either? It's not the placing that was the problem it was the spacing and how your hands were squished together with the old PS controllers but that is gone with the DS4. The spacing is right and the thumbs fall naturally in place.

So that argument is wrong. As someone who has big hands and avoided past PS controllers I would know. The answer is BS because as I said he used the PS2 as his example.

you are not able to predict the outcome thehig1 will have playing on a ds4. i respect thehig1's experience and his answers, which in the context of the discussion raise no 'fanboy' flags with me. i have used a dual shock 4, i don't have a problem with those analog sticks, nor the sticks on other controllers.

a pc gamer was asked to choose between systems (which differ in power by less than a GPU upgrade), and he chose one based on the controller he thought he'd enjoy more... on two systems which don't exactly have a selection of controllers available ... so essentially 100% of interactions with the console he'll be stuck using that controller!

Then thehig1 was called a lem <-- that's unreasonable. flat out uncool. when i see people doing shit like this here, i wonder why. everyone can read it, everyone can see that azitas is calling him a lem for no reason whatsoever other than to make a wisecrack. it actually just makes azitas look like a cow rather than thehig1 look like a lem.

honestly, thehig1's thought process seems totally normal to me. play on pc for graphics, when forced to choose among consoles - keep many things in mind including graphics and controllers.

seems to me that azitas asked a question he suspected he knew the answer to, and was disappointed when an impartial person chose xb1 over ps4.

For you all lems , that coming here to say that you would choose X1s inferior version of a game over PS4s for a controller , when this topic talks about performance while you AVOIDING to answer a simple question im asking , is beyond fanboyism you little lem. My question is soooo simple and you coming with controller , thats the best you got ? Rofll.

Guess what , you STILL havent answered , any of you the simple question i made!! You know why !? Because you CANT avoid answer honestly , thats why. And all you had to say to counter it was ... controller ?!! I mean , seriously ?

I never , EVER , heard before someone NOT to buy a console he likes because of its controller since ATARI 2600 era . Never before for at least 22 years . You acting like its a common problem when its NOT !! I know hunderd , i dare to say , thousands of Playstation owners thru the years since PS1 and i never heard anyone cry over a controller or having problems with it let alone dont buy a console he likes over it !!

How on earth all of you , avoiding to answer my simple question which the answer is SO OBVIOUS for every single one of you when you dont want to admit it because of a controller ? ... What controller has to do with what im asking and what the point of this topic is ? You are the worst fanboys around ! So butthurt to even accept the facts ... I mean its crazy and then you getting offended or something ? Is this a joke ? I hope you trolling people because if you dont , you are beyond fanboys.

So butthurt that you avoiding a simple question because deep inside you , you know the answer !!! You know it lems. You just dont want to admit it therefore not even a single one of you answered it yet after 10 replies or so.. while all you have to say in a topic talking about performance is .... about ... controllers!! So you are not lems ? Think again !

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Forget the power difference. As E3 evidenced, just a few weeks ago, 3rd party support is not nearly as in the ring for the XBone than it is the PS4. You know what's going to happen to your friends who got the PS4? They're going to keep getting the best games year in and year out. Your Xbone friends are on a sinking ship and you shouldn't spend your hard earned money to follow them.

Look at Plants Vs. Zombies? It's coming to the PS4 because EA knows that's where the sales are.

Look at Dead Rising 3. Had to be ported to PC because the publisher needs to go outside the XBox to make it profitable.

There are going to be plenty more games that do this throughout the year, and it may only be a matter of time before developers and publishers just stop wanting to play the game altogether.

You really come across as someone who's quite desperate to justify your purchase. Then again that's not shocking considering you're a massive cow.

On topic, you won't notice much difference unless you're a fanboy twat like Moogenja and his ilk, go where the friends and exclusives you like/want the most are.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By AzatiS

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

PC is PC ... Im PC gamer for a reason.

But if you want to play this game let me ask you the right question

Which console version ? PS4 or X1

I just loled ....

You people avoiding to answer a simple question , you finding 123123 other excuses than actually answer the obvious.

Every single one of us , every single one , if they had to choose between 2 , very same version of a game on the very same price tag but with different overall graphical quality .. would have choose the best of the two. Every single one of us.

You set useless parameters in your question, since most multiplats are on 3 systems and not 2. Yes we would chose the best version, the PC version. You can't set parameters which discount the same game that is usually between £10 to £15 cheaper on release day than the console versions and performs better.

You still dont answer !! You see?

1 game , 2 versions , same price.

1 version plays better than the other.

Which one you would choose ? What CANT you understand ? Im talking about consoles ? Dont play the PC game here , you came in a topic that talking about PS4/X1 performance gap , not which platform is the strongest.

Will any lem answer today or not ? I heard so many excuses already but not an answer yet. PC , controller etc .. lol.

You are sooooo blind and loyal that you cant accept a fact ? What is the problem here ? Because the question is pretty much straightforward so its the answer .. Guys this is getting funny !

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

You set useless parameters in your question, since most multiplats are on 3 systems and not 2. Yes we would chose the best version, the PC version. You can't set parameters which discount the same game that is usually between £10 to £15 cheaper on release day than the console versions and performs better.

Which one you would choose ? What CANT you understand ? Im talking about consoles ? Dont play the PC game here , you came in a topic that talking about PS4/X1 performance gap , not which platform is the strongest.

Will any lem answer today or not ? I heard so many excuses already but not an answer yet. PC , controller etc .. lol.

You are sooooo blind and loyal that you cant accept a fact ? What is the problem here ? Because the question is pretty much straightforward so its the answer .. Guys this is getting funny !

You buy the console that has the most games you like, you buy the version of the game for the console you already have. 1 Version has better graphics but that's only one reason (for now Xbox One rumoured to be getting a patch), you may prefer a certain controller or the features of the console that it provides (snap or playing on vita).

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The power is in the experience. Everyone I give a tour to, on my XBOX ONE, goes out and buys one. Some are even Sony fanboys who I watch make the fanboy switch right before my eyes.

Hardware wise the XBOX is only getting better. Destiny right on par with the PS4 as far as 1080p/30fps. I said it would happen and there is only more to come.

The PS4 still is a PS3 just version 2.0

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By AzatiS

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By AzatiS

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

You buy the console that has the most games you like, you buy the version of the game for the console you already have. 1 Version has better graphics but that's only one reason (for now Xbox One rumoured to be getting a patch), you may prefer a certain controller or the features of the console that it provides (snap or playing on vita).

Still no answer to a pretty much straight forwards question

As for your respond read my first post , first page 28th post ..youll understand what im saying. Im not a troller nor a fanboy . My argument is valid and waiting an answer from lems. But still no answer to a simple question.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

As for your respond read my first post , first page 28th post ..youll understand what im saying. Im not a troller nor a fanboy . My argument is valid and waiting an answer from lems. But still no answer to a simple question.

There's nothing valid about it. It's like when you're at school and someone giving you two stupid ultimatums and you HAD to pick. No, I am going with the best one I have access to.

Even if I did own both consoles, then I'd STILL have a capable PC because I need it for other stuff, so I'm getting the PC version. Let's say you have a PC and PS4, then what your going with the better one. We can circle the parameters all day long. But you can't discount the PC version just for the sake of it.

Last gen when the lems mocked the cows about multiplats, the cows said they'd get the PC version, so why is the card off the table this time?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By AzatiS

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

There's nothing valid about it. It's like when you're at school and someone giving you two stupid ultimatums and you HAD to pick. No, I am going with the best one I have access to.

Even if I did own both consoles, then I'd STILL have a capable PC because I need it for other stuff, so I'm getting the PC version. Let's say you have a PC and PS4, then what your going with the better one. We can circle the parameters all day long. But you can't discount the PC version just for the sake of it.

Last gen when the lems mocked the cows about multiplats, the cows said they'd get the PC version, so why is the card off the table this time?

Read my first post , #28 of this topic.

Now you are a typical lem avoiding to answer a simple question because deep inside you you know the truth though you are too butthurt to admit that you , you personally , you would favor the best version of the same game on same price tag. Period.

You still talking about PC when it comes to PS4 vs X1 performance gap topic !! What else to say here ? Im a PC gamer myself so what ? What this has to do with this topic ? Thats the only thing you can come up with or what ? Answer my question , is simple as that ...noooo you dont do that ,you go all around and around . i mean really ?!!

You still dont answer a simple question after how many replies ? You lems are bigger hypos than sheeps now ? I mean really, last generation for 8 years straight was all about how PS3 multis sucks while they are playing better on X360 and this and that , something that noone could deny it since was a FACT ... and now that is PS4s time is all about PC gaming and controllers?

Hypocrisy to its finnest. Lems youll make me think you are way worse than sheeps.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@Bishop1310 said:

only hardcore fan boys who sit on their couch rubbing their gregs over pieces of plastic care about the difference.

AKA most of you in this thread.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Does anyone know how region locks, or lack of it work for both consoles? For example, can a european like me buy a next gen console and/or it's games from the UK, or vice versa, without problems. I hear it's possible, but even then, can i also get an XB Live or PSN account, and use multiplayer if the game and/or console are from a different region?

I've hear about region locks but since i didn't follow it, i actually missed it. I'd say that's a more important consideration than the small differences for some people..

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

Forget the power difference. As E3 evidenced, just a few weeks ago, 3rd party support is not nearly as in the ring for the XBone than it is the PS4. You know what's going to happen to your friends who got the PS4? They're going to keep getting the best games year in and year out. Your Xbone friends are on a sinking ship and you shouldn't spend your hard earned money to follow them.

Look at Plants Vs. Zombies? It's coming to the PS4 because EA knows that's where the sales are.

Look at Dead Rising 3. Had to be ported to PC because the publisher needs to go outside the XBox to make it profitable.

There are going to be plenty more games that do this throughout the year, and it may only be a matter of time before developers and publishers just stop wanting to play the game altogether.

You really come across as someone who's quite desperate to justify your purchase. Then again that's not shocking considering you're a massive cow.

On topic, you won't notice much difference unless you're a fanboy twat like Moogenja and his ilk, go where the friends and exclusives you like/want the most are.

Actually, I brought up relevant facts regarding the release of software titles to back up my opinion while you just come into this thread tossing out names and adding nothing to the discussion like an obviously closeted fanboy for the Xbox. Your words reveal your emotional involvement.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

Of course it is. I've been gaming since Gen3, and I've never before seen such a huge gap in hardware power with no price difference to justify it. ~33%-50%~ is just too much for 2 products of the same price.

Are you kidding? Dude, the difference between the two is the smallest it has ever been. Your comment would have made since in 2002, but not this gen.

It's ok if you want to believe that, I mean whatever helps you sleep at night, but you are factually wrong and it will be pretty easy to prove.

The PS4 to xbox one power difference is around 30 - 50%. That is the biggest gap between the PS and xbox brands so far and there is no need to argue about it as every reliable source, specs of the systems and the real world results validate those numbers.

Smallest it has ever been when we see gaps like 30fps vs 60fps and 1080p vs 720 and 792? lol k

The XBox was 200% (some say as high as 400%) more powerful than PS2.

Sorry, but you are wrong.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 HalcyonScarlet

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

Now you are a typical lem avoiding to answer a simple question because deep inside you you know the truth though you are too butthurt to admit that you , you personally , you would favor the best version of the same game on same price tag. Period.

You still talking about PC when it comes to PS4 vs X1 performance gap topic !! What else to say here ? Im a PC gamer myself so what ? What this has to do with this topic ? Thats the only thing you can come up with or what ? Answer my question , is simple as that ...noooo you dont do that ,you go all around and around . i mean really ?!!

You still dont answer a simple question after how many replies ? You lems are bigger hypos than sheeps now ? I mean really, last generation for 8 years straight was all about how PS3 multis sucks while they are playing better on X360 and this and that , something that noone could deny it since was a FACT ... and now that is PS4s time is all about PC gaming and controllers?

Hypocrisy to its finnest. Lems youll make me think you are way worse than sheeps.

Dude, the X1 might be limited but I'm not, I do go with the best version. I'm not a lem. Yeah lems are worse than sheep, but no one is bigger hyposrites on the face of SWs than the cows.

This topic has nothing to do with whether you had both consoles, it's talking about the performance gap and I only got involved because I knew the cows would exaggerate it, someone said it's something like 900p 30fps VS 1080p 60fps and various other things. Cows are too butt hurt to accept how weak consoles are now. I've been unimpressed since they revealed them and started giving us freaking APUs.

Yeah it's a simple hypothetical question and that's all it is, sure in that fantasy land where I owned all the consoles and I have no PC, sure I'd get the best version, this gen that would be the PS4.

But I can't believe you're the PC gamer you say you are. Now I've just started gaming on the PC, I never believed in it before but it's become more apparent to me than ever that the multiplats are the exact same game on all the platforms, but is cheaper and better performing on the PC. Even if my X1 was more powerful than the PS4, I'd still get the PC version. It's so true what people are saying now, the X1 and PS4 are just PCs, they feel like limited PCs. So you tell me why would I EVER buy another multiplat on a console. The consoles are just for exclusives. Honestly I wish I didn't have the X1, because when it comes to exclusives the Wii U is better than the other two and provides the perfect mix with the PC.

It's no longer about who is better with Playstation and Xbox in that sense. Their weakness has prompted me to go PC and all of a sudden these consoles don't look so impressive anymore. The Wii U on the other hand still has an identity and a growing range of exclusives. The PS4 is a Japanese console brand gone western, and I'm not in to it's exclusives and I'm growing less convinced with Xbox Ones exclusives.

The ONLY current gen game I truly want is Arkham Knight. And that's depressing. So yeah as someone who has switched over, I'd go with the PC version.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 StormyJoe

@tormentos: The PS2 and Xbox were the same gen. The PS3 was released a year later, and really wasn't any more powerful than the 360. Your argument is moot.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By AzatiS

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

Dude, the X1 might be limited but I'm not, I do go with the best version. I'm not a lem. Yeah lems are worse than sheep, but no one is bigger hyposrites on the face of SWs than the cows.

This topic has nothing to do with whether you had both consoles, it's talking about the performance gap and I only got involved because I knew the cows would exaggerate it, someone said it's something like 900p 30fps VS 1080p 60fps and various other things. Cows are too butt hurt to accept how weak consoles are now. I've been unimpressed since they revealed them and started giving us freaking APUs.

Yeah it's a simple hypothetical question and that's all it is, sure in that fantasy land where I owned all the consoles and I have no PC, sure I'd get the best version, this gen that would be the PS4.

But I can't believe you're the PC gamer you say you are. Now I've just started gaming on the PC, I never believed in it before but it's become more apparent to me than ever that the multiplats are the exact same game on all the platforms, but is cheaper and better performing on the PC. Even if my X1 was more powerful than the PS4, I'd still get the PC version. It's so true what people are saying now, the X1 and PS4 are just PCs, they feel like limited PCs. So you tell me why would I EVER buy another multiplat on a console. The consoles are just for exclusives. Honestly I wish I didn't have the X1, because when it comes to exclusives the Wii U is better than the other two and provides the perfect mix with the PC.

It's no longer about who is better with Playstation and Xbox in that sense. Their weakness has prompted me to go PC and all of a sudden these consoles don't look so impressive anymore. The Wii U on the other hand still has an identity and a growing range of exclusives. The PS4 is a Japanese console brand gone western, and I'm not in to it's exclusives and I'm growing less convinced with Xbox Ones exclusives.

The ONLY current gen game I truly want is Arkham Knight. And that's depressing. So yeah as someone who has switched over, I'd go with the PC version.

What the heck ... all this wall of texts and denial to answer a simple question that its so obvious what the answer will be ?

I am a pc gamer , i dont own a console this gen and guess what ... nor last gen i did !!! So beleive what you want , all i care ! That doesnt mean i wont talk the truth and the facts nor that i dont have any experience in console gaming since im renting , playing all the big games , playing often with friends all the big titles etc ...

Now like i was negative with the crappy release of PS3 and Sonys ridiculous hype ill talk in the same fashion for X1 if i see fit ( which i didnt ) . Back then i was the lem and a Sony hater ( when i was excited about PS3 in fact ) now im the cow mainly because fanboys all around cant face the truth as blantly as it is.

Its not about you , about me , about anything . This topic is about PS4 vs X1 performance , is a gap there or not ? I did a simple question and noone , literally noone answered it yet while coming with excuses even for a controller !! Thats all lems having to say now ? Bring in controller excuses or even worse ..... PC !!?

Want me to make it easier for you then ? No problem !

2 versions of the very same game with the very same price tag FOR PC ... Forget PS4/X1 or any console. For PC!!!!! The one is better than the other , better res or fps or both and slightly better graphical overall quality.Which version you would consider to buy with the very same amount of money for PC !!?

The best version , is logical to go for that !!! Why is so hard to accept this fact for consoles also. ITs logical for all of us to go for the best product on the same price ffs !!!! What is so difficult to understand or accept it. Its logic , its what all of us would go for !! period.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@sts106mat:

I laughed out loud !! :D

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 StormyJoe

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@kinectthedots said:

@StormyJoe said:

@SambaLele said:

Of course it is. I've been gaming since Gen3, and I've never before seen such a huge gap in hardware power with no price difference to justify it. ~33%-50%~ is just too much for 2 products of the same price.

It's ok if you want to believe that, I mean whatever helps you sleep at night, but you are factually wrong and it will be pretty easy to prove.

The PS4 to xbox one power difference is around 30 - 50%. That is the biggest gap between the PS and xbox brands so far and there is no need to argue about it as every reliable source, specs of the systems and the real world results validate those numbers.

Smallest it has ever been when we see gaps like 30fps vs 60fps and 1080p vs 720 and 792? lol k

But PS2 >>>>>>> Xbox. Just the facts. But yeah, Xbox had about twice the GPU power and over 2 times the CPU power (clock speed) of PS2. And it did show in games. But GameCube was overall the most powerful that generation. It's CPU was clocked lower than Xbox. 500MHz compared to 733MHz on Xbox. But it was faster per clock speed. Also the GPU was as good or better than Xbox. Also, the API in the GameCube was more low level than the original Xbox. This means they could squeeze more from the hardware on it. So Gamecube games looked as good as Xbox games on average. With some even looking better. But Gamecube got very little third party support as you might know.

I was here during that gen. My original login was "dabear", and that was created back in the early 2000s.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@SecretPolice said:

@sts106mat:

I laughed out loud !! :D

funniest thing is, i could have probably gone on for at least another 160 lines with that mumbo jumbo and it would still make as much sense as your average Eltormo post.

haha. he knows we love him

I tell ya, if I didn't know better I would have thought you were one of his alts. hehe :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 HalcyonScarlet
@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@AzatiS said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@AzatiS said:

@thehig1 said:

@AzatiS said:

I just loled ....

What the heck ... all this wall of texts and denial to answer a simple question that its so obvious what the answer will be ?

I am a pc gamer , i dont own a console this gen and guess what ... nor last gen i did !!! That doesnt mean i wont talk the truth and the facts. Like i did with the crappy release of PS3 and Sonys ridiculous hype ill talk in the same fashion for X1. Back then i was the lem now im the cow mainly because fanboys all around cant face the truth as blantly as it is.

Its not about you , about me about anything. This topic is PS4 vs X1 performance , is a gap there or not. I did a simple question and noone , literally noone answered it yet while coming with excuses even for a controller !!

Want me to make it easier for you ? No problem !

2 versions of the very same game with the very same price tag FOR PC ... Forget PS4/X1 or any console. For PC!!!!! The one is better than the other , better res or fps or both and slightly better graphical overall quality.

Which version you would consider to buy with the very same amount of money for PC !!? The best version , is logical to go for that ? Why is so hard to accept this fact for consoles also. ITs logical for all of us to go for the best product on the same price ffs !!!! What is so difficult to understand of accept. Its logic , its what all of us would go for !! period.

I did give you the answer to this. I even bolded and underlined the answer you wanted.

But that is my point. With so much choice it's exactly about me and you.

And lol, trying to play the role of the unbiased gamer. You play they PS victim card too much for that. What was it, 'lems invented fanboyism as we know it last gen' and 'if they acted that we then cows can do it now' and so on. At least I'll admit I was a lem. Just like I'll admit MS let me down this gen.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Each gen was completely different to the other.

Gen 6, the Xbox came a year later, was more expensive and a new brand to the market. The argument that the same game, equally priced, but with a performance gap between two equally priced systems didn't exist back then.

Gen 7, same thing: there was no price parity between competing consoles. Actually, the fact that the cheaper one was noticeably performing better in the starting years of that gen meant an expansion on market share for the xbox brand.

Now there is a new situation: 2 systems, that came out with not much more than a one month time gap, that are now equally priced, both with few exclusives (like is typical in the first year of a gen - for any non-nintendo console of course), but with a noticeable performance gap, and with games costing the same for both. This is the new argument.

I get Azatis' question. Bringing other gens to the table do not answer this, the situations are not alike in any way. It's avoiding the question. Also, obviously, bringing PC to a PS4 vs. XB1 question is an off-topic answer. Since that's so obvious, it shows that answering with a 3rd platform, not involved in the topic at hand, means avoiding the question as well.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

Actually, I brought up relevant facts regarding the release of software titles to back up my opinion while you just come into this thread tossing out names and adding nothing to the discussion like an obviously closeted fanboy for the Xbox. Your words reveal your emotional involvement.

They're only relevant to fanboys such as yourself who are continually insecure about which corporation they obsess over and if they're better than the others. Just FYI to anyone who isn't a fanboy, your post just comes across as desperate justification.

I'm closeted about nothing buddy, i think cows are scum, you being one of the scummiest of them, which in no way makes me a lemming, if you were talking the same shite about Nintendo i'd be just as likely to call you out. The vast majority of your posts are anti-ms so me replying to your anti-MS posts is purely coincidental.

And lastly, the second portion of my post added to the discussion just fine, i even labelled it "On topic".

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: The PS2 and Xbox were the same gen. The PS3 was released a year later, and really wasn't any more powerful than the 360. Your argument is moot.

The xbox arrived 20 months after the PS2 so even that it was the same gen,it wasn't like MS had the system in march 2000 ready to go and beat sony the same month power wise,they benefit from newer tech from having more time to make it,if the units was build to be release on 2000,it mean it would have use tech from 1999,by that time there wasn't a GPU strong enough on PC to beat the PS2.

The PS3 was more powerful than the xbox 360 WTF are you smocking.

Has Forza ever been 1080p 60FPS.? Because Wipeout is,and has dynamic resolution which lower the resolution to 1280x1080p while not dropping frames that still higher than Forza,the same story with GT6 1280x1080p,Dynamic weather,day to night changes and run at 60FPS with drops into the 40's which is way more impressive than 720p 60FPS with no dynamic weather or night to day changes,more PS3 exclusives have won graphics awards than xbox 360.

The PS3 has more power and has show it,multiplatforms been better on 360 didn't change that exclusive on PS3 wiped the 360 all generation long,is sad that you still trying to pretend the PS3 is not more powerful.

Oh and sony budget on the PS3 wasn't spent mostly on Graphics like it was the case with the xbox 360,and still the PS3 beat it.

@cainetao11 said:

Great comeback lemming.

@thehig1 said:

Not care for Microsoft or sony consoles I just have a preference for the X box controller because I prefer the thumbstick placement. Most games I've played from gen 6 and 7 used both thumbsticks and barely used the d-pad.

Also the saying the ps2 controller is fine for everyone by using the example of it's sold 156 million is wrong, there are more than 156 million gamers in the world.

For example a lot of people believe in an intelligent creator, doesn't mean it's true.

No is not the DS is the most copy controller in the world,without the DS there would not be an xbox controller,look at the xbox 360 and xbox one controller 4 shoulder buttons,4 buttons on the fronts 2 analogues,clickable analogues... The only thing you people can claim is that the controller has bad placement,when it has been shown that symmetrical placement has a more natural feel than non symmetrical like the xbox one,you people say the wii u controller copy the 360 controller right.?

The wii U controller has symmetrical analogues,it just has them at the elevation the xbox 360 has the left one,but are symmetrical.

And yes because a console with bad controller would bring a barrage of adapters to change controller,oh wait that was the case with the xbox and GC,there were adapter to allow people yo use their DS controllers on the xbox and Gamecube i wonder why,is the xbox controller was so much better and the DS was so bad,people were use to the DS it was introduce on the PS1 on 1997,from then on it catch up,on PS2 it was even better.

@blackace said:

The Gap has been closing for awhile. I don't see anymore 720P or 792P games being announced for XB1 do you? Almost all the newer games being announced is 1080P 30/60fps on XB1 now. This is all before DX12 or Cloud computing being fully intergrated into XB1. Sure the XB1 was weaker when the system launched, but it seems to be getting stronger with every update. The minor difference isn't that important. Sure, I got most of my multiplats on the XBox 360 last generation, but there were a few I got on the PS3 as well. Same thing will happen this generation. I'll buy most multiplats on PS4, but will still get a few on XB1. It really all comes down to exclusives. If you like more exclusives on XB1, then they should buy that. If they like more of the PS4 exclusives, then get that system. Same goes with the Wii U. I wouldn't pick a system based on multiplats and how they perform.

No they simple switch,and stopped using 720p probably by MS orders,you can have a game in 1080p on xbox one since day 1,in fact there where many which kill this whole notion that the xbox one is closing the game because you people want to pretend that everything was 720p or 792p.

DX12 is on xbox one since day 1,and already MS admit that it will not bring to the xbox one what bring to PC,because well it is on console since day one,and the cloud is a hoax,any game who uses the cloud needs online also which is why most developers are not even using unless it is for multiplaying which is what the cloud will be use the most for.

Look at sniper elite,it happen the same sh** it happen on Tomb Raider,1080p on both but the xbox one version is cap at 30 when you active v-synch while the PS4 version reach 60FPS and average 50,exact same sh** happen with tomb raider oh and like on Tomb Raider image quality and effects are also better on PS4,so yeah the xbox one can do 1080p but with lower frames and quality it is proven,unless you hold back the PS4 there will never be parity and you will look stupid on 2015 when 900p games and who knows if even lower keep coming.

@Snugenz said:

Oh the difference was easy to see the moment you walked into the freaking store in November 2013,$100 more for Ghost 720p while the PS4 was $100 less and had ghost running at 1080p,BF4 720p,on PS4 900p 10 FPS faster.

Only a true bind lemming will not see the difference the wallet one was the first one,you know the same you notice back on 2006 when the PS3 was $600 and $500 and now all of the sudden you die hard fanboys can't see..lol

@tdkmillsy said:

Pathetic excuse most people like COD and that is superior on PS4,most people like GTA and that will be superior on PS4,most people like mass effect,Bioshock,AC and those are superior on PS4,most people play is multiplatforms so those are superior on PS4,there is no reason to pic and xbox one if you are not a die hard lemming who like MS exclusives.

Sniper elite got a patch to fix the horrible screen tearing,it lock the game at 30FPS while the PS4 version runs at 50 average and runs as high as 60FPS like it was the case with Tomb Raider,the xbox one has also lower quality effects like anisotropic which blur textures.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Snugenz said:

They're only relevant to fanboys such as yourself who are continually insecure about which corporation they obsess over and if they're better than the others. Just FYI to anyone who isn't a fanboy, your post just comes across as desperate justification.

I'm closeted about nothing buddy, i think cows are scum, you being one of the scummiest of them, which in no way makes me a lemming, if you were talking the same shite about Nintendo i'd be just as likely to call you out. The vast majority of your posts are anti-ms so me replying to your anti-MS posts is purely coincidental.

And lastly, the second portion of my post added to the discussion just fine, i even labelled it "On topic".

Let's be real for a moment. The only gaming platform I have a bad thing to say about is your precious XBritney. Don't lie to kick it. You're not hostile to the rest of the actual fanboys here, you've got it out for me because I am a gamer that just tells it like it is. Straight hip-hop.

It's because I torpedo the XBone for getting things so wrong you treat me like a forum nemesis. That makes you the worst kind of fangirl.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

I don't know why but that made me lol!

Oh yeah, and on topic: I'm adding to the discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

Let's be real for a moment. The only gaming platform I have a bad thing to say about is your precious XBritney. Don't lie to kick it. You're not hostile to the rest of the actual fanboys here, you've got it out for me because I am a gamer that just tells it like it is. Straight hip-hop.

It's because I torpedo the XBone for getting things so wrong you treat me like a forum nemesis. That makes you the worst kind of fangirl.

The Xbone sucks and i have no intention of ever getting one, i've never stated otherwise, yes there are other actual fanboys on SW but as i've said i have a particular dislike for cows and you being one of the worst of them is why i single you out.

Don't mistake my dislike of Playstation fanboys like you, tormentos and brofists to mean i dislike Playstation gamers, i don't at all, and there are some great Playstation fans on this site that make excellent posts all the time, you're not one of them.

And once more on topic to clarify the last time i was on topic in my last on topic section, yes there is absolutely, 100%, without a shadow of a doubt a difference in performance between the Xbone and PS4 with the PS4 being the more powerful piece of kit, but i stand by my last point, which machine has the most games you want and where your friends are is the more important factor when choosing between them. If you game for most powerful hardware get a PC.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

The xbox arrived 20 months after the PS2 so even that it was the same gen,it wasn't like MS had the system in march 2000 ready to go and beat sony the same month power wise,they benefit from newer tech from having more time to make it,if the units was build to be release on 2000,it mean it would have use tech from 1999,by that time there wasn't a GPU strong enough on PC to beat the PS2.

The PS3 was more powerful than the xbox 360 WTF are you smocking.

Has Forza ever been 1080p 60FPS.? Because Wipeout is,and has dynamic resolution which lower the resolution to 1280x1080p while not dropping frames that still higher than Forza,the same story with GT6 1280x1080p,Dynamic weather,day to night changes and run at 60FPS with drops into the 40's which is way more impressive than 720p 60FPS with no dynamic weather or night to day changes,more PS3 exclusives have won graphics awards than xbox 360.

The PS3 has more power and has show it,multiplatforms been better on 360 didn't change that exclusive on PS3 wiped the 360 all generation long,is sad that you still trying to pretend the PS3 is not more powerful.

Oh and sony budget on the PS3 wasn't spent mostly on Graphics like it was the case with the xbox 360,and still the PS3 beat it.

@cainetao11 said:

Great comeback lemming.

@thehig1 said:

No is not the DS is the most copy controller in the world,without the DS there would not be an xbox controller,look at the xbox 360 and xbox one controller 4 shoulder buttons,4 buttons on the fronts 2 analogues,clickable analogues... The only thing you people can claim is that the controller has bad placement,when it has been shown that symmetrical placement has a more natural feel than non symmetrical like the xbox one,you people say the wii u controller copy the 360 controller right.?

The wii U controller has symmetrical analogues,it just has them at the elevation the xbox 360 has the left one,but are symmetrical.

And yes because a console with bad controller would bring a barrage of adapters to change controller,oh wait that was the case with the xbox and GC,there were adapter to allow people yo use their DS controllers on the xbox and Gamecube i wonder why,is the xbox controller was so much better and the DS was so bad,people were use to the DS it was introduce on the PS1 on 1997,from then on it catch up,on PS2 it was even better.

@blackace said:

No they simple switch,and stopped using 720p probably by MS orders,you can have a game in 1080p on xbox one since day 1,in fact there where many which kill this whole notion that the xbox one is closing the game because you people want to pretend that everything was 720p or 792p.

DX12 is on xbox one since day 1,and already MS admit that it will not bring to the xbox one what bring to PC,because well it is on console since day one,and the cloud is a hoax,any game who uses the cloud needs online also which is why most developers are not even using unless it is for multiplaying which is what the cloud will be use the most for.

Look at sniper elite,it happen the same sh** it happen on Tomb Raider,1080p on both but the xbox one version is cap at 30 when you active v-synch while the PS4 version reach 60FPS and average 50,exact same sh** happen with tomb raider oh and like on Tomb Raider image quality and effects are also better on PS4,so yeah the xbox one can do 1080p but with lower frames and quality it is proven,unless you hold back the PS4 there will never be parity and you will look stupid on 2015 when 900p games and who knows if even lower keep coming.

@Snugenz said:

Oh the difference was easy to see the moment you walked into the freaking store in November 2013,$100 more for Ghost 720p while the PS4 was $100 less and had ghost running at 1080p,BF4 720p,on PS4 900p 10 FPS faster.

Only a true bind lemming will not see the difference the wallet one was the first one,you know the same you notice back on 2006 when the PS3 was $600 and $500 and now all of the sudden you die hard fanboys can't see..lol

@tdkmillsy said:

Pathetic excuse most people like COD and that is superior on PS4,most people like GTA and that will be superior on PS4,most people like mass effect,Bioshock,AC and those are superior on PS4,most people play is multiplatforms so those are superior on PS4,there is no reason to pic and xbox one if you are not a die hard lemming who like MS exclusives.

Sniper elite got a patch to fix the horrible screen tearing,it lock the game at 30FPS while the PS4 version runs at 50 average and runs as high as 60FPS like it was the case with Tomb Raider,the xbox one has also lower quality effects like anisotropic which blur textures.

You are contradicting yourself now. You said earlier that the PS3 was notmore powerful than the 360 when I said the difference between the PS4 and XB1 was less than PS3 vs 360. So, if you are saying that now "The PS3 was more powerful than the XBox 360" then...

Aren't you just blowing hot air about the differences between the XB1 and PS4 multiplats? It is evident that once the devs got accustomed to the PS3's different architecture, multiplats on the PS3 improved. There is no such learning curve with the PS4, but there is with the XB1. So, once devs get accustomed to the XB1's architecture, one would reason that graphics would improve since the same thing happened with the PS3 last gen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 tormentos
@FoxbatAlpha said:

The power is in the experience. Everyone I give a tour to, on my XBOX ONE, goes out and buys one. Some are even Sony fanboys who I watch make the fanboy switch right before my eyes.

Hardware wise the XBOX is only getting better. Destiny right on par with the PS4 as far as 1080p/30fps. I said it would happen and there is only more to come.

The PS4 still is a PS3 just version 2.0

Thats nothing every one i give a tour on my PS4 goes and buy 2,they say it is to good to just have 1.

Yeah just like Sniper Elite is on par right just because both games are 1080p doesn't mean they are on par,Tomb Raider and Sniper Elite 3 are a testament to that,they run much faster and look better on PS4.lol

That last bold part is silly because if the xbox one was a little weaker it would not even qualify as an xbox 360 2.0..hahahaha

It was running some games at the same resolution the 360 was on 2005..lol

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I get the superior PC version,now was that hard to admit.? should i have dance 100 times like you and the others are doing.? So basically you answer his question you would go for the superior version,now since you claim to own a PC now we all know you are a die hard lemming that is just heart broken by MS weak specs,now you will get the PC version,i hope i don't hear you say that you got and inferior version for an xbox one because is fun making time.

Now not every one has a gaming PC,and there is a console market that is completely separate from PC which mean that they will chose from the PS4,xbox one and wii u,so fallowing that bold like in your argument since we establish that many millions of gamers will not go for PC or have one for gaming,they will have to chose between the PS4 and xbox one and by your own argument they should chose the superior PS4 one,because that is what you did on PC.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Prove that I'm a Playstation supporter? I am. Check my post history.

As of tediousness, I mean how you keep on talking about framerates and GPU's you got online that aren't as powerful as PS4 etc. It's the same old is all.

And I'm not an alter account. Why do you automatically assume so? lol.

What posting history fool you don't have 7 months here..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Again don't like arguments and people saying the same.? Boy you are on the wrong place go to the PS or xbox sites because here is all argument all the time the same sh** every time,is systems wars.

@sts106mat said:

because he used an "alter account" himself with his "Eltormo" account, something he denied for years, but everyone knew due to him being stupid enough to post samples of his handwriting from both accounts......that was just gravy, the real proof was his obvious posting style.

Hypocritical Tormentos is fun for this forum, still arguing about AA batteries, 8 years later.....what's not to love

My Tormentso account is old than my eltormo account was..lol

And i forgot the email i had with my tormentos account which i may add is older than yours.

@StormyJoe said:

No that is what MS claimed,compare NG to God of war 2,of GT4 to Forza,tekken 5 vs DOA and tell me the xbox was 2x more powerful,400% is a total joke of epic proportions,the units was 125 million polygons per second,the PS2 was 66 million polygons,the xbox had double memory,better texture filtering,the PS2 had a superior pixel fill rate to the xbox as well,which showed on games like MGS2 rain part where the xbox choke on that scene and had slow down,for that reason which you lemming accuse Kujima of favoring the PS2..lol

400% is an freaking joke,but there was something where the PS2 was 1000% superior games..

Which is why people didn't even care for the xbox or Halo,this gen the xbox doesn't have the power,doesn't have the games,and doesn't have the sales either is behind in everything.

When it comes to image quality and character models, you'd be hard pressed to find a better looking PlayStation 2 game than this. Tekken 5 looks simply astounding--way above and beyond what you would think the PlayStation 2 is capable of. The character models are smooth and lifelike, with skin tones and textures that make them look alive, as opposed to the plastic-looking fighters found in some other games. The backgrounds are widely varied, and some of them are even breathtaking. Again, it's the sort of stuff you'd expect from a high-end Xbox title or a great-looking PC game--not something you'd expect from the PlayStation 2 hardware.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/tekken-5-review/1900-6119171/

Case in point Tekken 5 gamespot review..

The PS2 was also more difficult to make games than the xbox as well.

@sts106mat said:

Incoming -

"No is not moot stormytroll....hahaha.. is a fact PS3 was teh bigger power machine on launch without aa batteries and teh rippoff of pay for multiplayer. i will not do it i have say if a thousan times to you and other lem trolls on this site.

360 hass RORRD and canot be consider a true gen of console teh multiplats dont look any better and 360 cannot ever show a candle to ps3 exclusives like last og us, heavnely sowrd and teh unfactered.

oh wait......Ms gimped teh xb1 so you shold just give up already"

Forza 4 1280x720p 60FPS no weather,no dynamic day to nigh changes.

GT6 1280x1080p 60FPs with drops into the 40,Dynamic weather,Dynamic day to night changes.

If you ran Forza at 1280x1080p it would not be steady 60FPS period,there is a reason is not higher,that without even mention day to nigh and weather which turn 10 avoided in favor of PERFORMING 60FPS.

So yeah the PS3 could do more,hell Wipeout is 1080p 60FPS,when things get hot the resolutions drops dynamic to 1280x1080p still higher than Forza while not dropping a frame,oh and on Wipeout there are projectiles and things like that also add on the engine and still deliver.

Uncharted 3 > Gears 3.

Killzone 3 > every Halo on xbox 360.

Multiplatforms is another thing the xbox 360 was easier,and was the lead platforms almost always,still some were superior on PS3 to.

The PS3 could do more.

@sts106mat said:

funniest thing is, i could have probably gone on for at least another 160 lines with that mumbo jumbo and it would still make as much sense as your average Eltormo post.

haha. he knows we love him

That hypocrisy lemming oh wait you own a Ps4 that mean you are not a lemming right.? I guess last gen i wasn't a cow either since i owned every system while you only played a 360.? lol

@Snugenz said:

This coming from you is a total joke specially with your anti PS agenda,stop your sorry ass damage control bro.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Snugenz

@tormentos said:
@Snugenz said:

This coming from you is a total joke specially with your anti PS agenda,stop your sorry ass damage control bro.

That anti-PS agenda, like owning all Playstation consoles, and never saying anything bad about the PS brand ever, Sony must hate me...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By thehig1

@tormentos: why is it so hard for to accept I don't like thumb stick placement of Playstation controllers, I just feel more comfortable with the Xbox controller.

I never claimed one was better than the other, I don't really care, the ps4 controller would make me pick a X1 ahead of it for multiplats.

Although my first option would be to buy neither of them as there both garbage

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I get the superior PC version,now was that hard to admit.? should i have dance 100 times like you and the others are doing.? So basically you answer his question you would go for the superior version,now since you claim to own a PC now we all know you are a die hard lemming that is just heart broken by MS weak specs,now you will get the PC version,i hope i don't hear you say that you got and inferior version for an xbox one because is fun making time.

Now not every one has a gaming PC,and there is a console market that is completely separate from PC which mean that they will chose from the PS4,xbox one and wii u,so fallowing that bold like in your argument since we establish that many millions of gamers will not go for PC or have one for gaming,they will have to chose between the PS4 and xbox one and by your own argument they should chose the superior PS4 one,because that is what you did on PC.

Couldn't give a **** about your opinion of me, you mean nothing to me. Now if you'll just tear yourself away from humping Sony's leg for a minute.

Why would I ever buy a multiplat for a console again? And not everyone has a console, so why is the PC discounted from this? This is System Wars not console wars.

And I did answer the question "Yeah it's a simple hypothetical question and that's all it is, sure in that fantasy land where I owned all the consoles and I have no PC, sure I'd get the best version, this gen that would be the PS4."

He said which version and since there is a PC version, why can't I consider that.