PS4/X1 Tech Comparison Article

  • 48 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -
#2 Posted by Suppaman100 (3513 posts) -

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

#3 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

#4 Posted by Suppaman100 (3513 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

Damn, didn't know you were this upset.

But let's be honest here, I like your damage control efforts...but to no evail, everyone knows PS4 is much stronger than Xbone 720p.

Anyway keep on going with your damage control, the entertainment you bring is priceless. LOL

#5 Posted by _Matt_ (8737 posts) -

Though I may read later when I do have time.

But judging from TC, and TC comments, it likely says something along the lines of:

equal power

GDDR5 is more of a curse than a blessing, balances out more powerful GPU

#6 Edited by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

You don't understand things have to be really simple for Sony Fan otherwise they become confused, get angry, and start regurgitating, '1.8tFlopzors, and 1080p trumps better gameplay'. It is just how they are especially the one you are quoting. He is really confused.

#7 Posted by urbansys (231 posts) -

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

#8 Edited by urbansys (231 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

Damn, didn't know you were this upset.

But let's be honest here, I like your damage control efforts...but to no evail, everyone knows PS4 is much stronger than Xbone 720p.

Anyway keep on going with your damage control, the entertainment you bring is priceless. LOL

You have quickly made yourself look like a 14 year old kid and a spoiled one at that. Try to actually read the article posted and see if you can understand any of it. You will see quickly just how close these 2 systems are. Best part of it all is, once devs and MS fully utilize cloud, I think you will start to see the xbox take the lead.

#9 Posted by Suppaman100 (3513 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

You don't understand things have to be really simple for Sony Fan otherwise they become confused, get angry, and start regurgitating, '1.8tFlopzors, and 1080p trumps better gameplay'. It is just how they are especially the one you are quoting. He is really confused.

Yeah I'm confused and can't believe there are still some delusional lemmings left on system wars after all they've been through. (srs)

#10 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

We will be seeing more article like this in the near future. Sony can't money hat every web site and reviewer out there.

Cows are in denial if they think this gen will be all 720p on the X1. Greatness.........................greatness never changes.

#11 Edited by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

Very cool article, thanks for sharing!!!

#12 Edited by Suppaman100 (3513 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

Damn, didn't know you were this upset.

But let's be honest here, I like your damage control efforts...but to no evail, everyone knows PS4 is much stronger than Xbone 720p.

Anyway keep on going with your damage control, the entertainment you bring is priceless. LOL

You have quickly made yourself look like a 14 year old kid and a spoiled one at that. Try to actually read the article posted and see if you can understand any of it. You will see quickly just how close these 2 systems are. Best part of it all is, once devs and MS fully utilize cloud, I think you will start to see the xbox take the lead.

"once devs and MS fully utilize cloud, I think you will start to see the xbox take the lead."

...

#13 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

Damn, didn't know you were this upset.

But let's be honest here, I like your damage control efforts...but to no evail, everyone knows PS4 is much stronger than Xbone 720p.

Anyway keep on going with your damage control, the entertainment you bring is priceless. LOL

You have quickly made yourself look like a 14 year old kid and a spoiled one at that. Try to actually read the article posted and see if you can understand any of it. You will see quickly just how close these 2 systems are. Best part of it all is, once devs and MS fully utilize cloud, I think you will start to see the xbox take the lead.

You have to understand that my reply to Suppaman5000 was down to his childish level. I never said the article jumps around and declares the X1 the most powerful console by 783%. I liked the article because it dispels the 40% rumor (or 60% depending which cow you get.) I know your remarks were toward him but I have to separate myself from that boy.

#14 Edited by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

We will be seeing more article like this in the near future. Sony can't money hat every web site and reviewer out there.

Cows are in denial if they think this gen will be all 720p on the X1. Greatness.........................greatness never changes.

The funny thing is Ryse is the best looking game out on any platform right now and it is a launch title. Can't wait till next year when we really see some amazing games utilizing Kinect to its fullest with amazing graphics.

#15 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

We will be seeing more article like this in the near future. Sony can't money hat every web site and reviewer out there.

Cows are in denial if they think this gen will be all 720p on the X1. Greatness.........................greatness never changes.

The funny thing is Ryse is the best looking game out on any platform right now and it is a launch title. Can't wait till next year when we really see some amazing games utilizing Kinect to its fullest with amazing graphics.

Next year will be rough if you are a Sony die hard. GameStop says 2 games are coming out from launch till Feb on the PS4. The X1 will keep shining and getting better.

#16 Edited by Krelian-co (9788 posts) -

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

#17 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

Just because it is another language means it isn't credible? Reported for racism.

#18 Edited by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

You left out the, '1.8tFlopzors'.

Just keep repeating '1080p and 1.8tFlopzors', and your Sony Fan vocabulary will be complete.

Notice how Sony Fan dropped the '50% more powahz', a while ago since they saw Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

#20 Edited by Krelian-co (9788 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

You left out the, '1.8tFlopzors'.

Just keep repeating '1080p and 1.8tFlopzors', and your Sony Fan vocabulary will be complete.

Notice how Sony Fan dropped the '50% more powahz', a while ago since they saw Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

nah is better to say 720p and 1.1 flopzors.

dat denial.

#21 Posted by _Matt_ (8737 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

Haha oh the irony. The depth of field (or the blur as you people like to call it) is quite a lot more aggressive in Ryse than it is in Killzone, so if you think Killzone is blurry, take a look at Ryse.

Also wow at the lem circle jerk in here. Sure, the X1 is almost as powerful as the PS4, we got that, but come on.

#22 Edited by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

You left out the, '1.8tFlopzors'.

Just keep repeating '1080p and 1.8tFlopzors', and your Sony Fan vocabulary will be complete.

Notice how Sony Fan dropped the '50% more powahz', a while ago since they saw Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

nah is better to say 720p and 1.1 flopzors.

dat denial.

I know you are unaware but actual game footage is out. This whole numbers game has gone out the window since BF4 looks better on The One. Ryse is the best looking game out also on The One.

Sony Fan will continue to quote numbers until they actually have a game that can compete with Ryse on a graphics level. Then the tune will change to, 'Have you seen'.

Bank on it.

#23 Edited by RossRichard (2287 posts) -

Let me guess, the TC finally found an article that says the XBone is more powerful than the PS4.

#24 Edited by tormentos (16290 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

thanks for not reading. Are you sad someone says that the PS4 isn't optimized and balanced? You mad? I think so.

Your tears are delicious.

Is so optimized than can't run COD Ghots with 360 graphics at 1080p...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But but Balance..

#25 Posted by tormentos (16290 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You don't understand things have to be really simple for Sony Fan otherwise they become confused, get angry, and start regurgitating, '1.8tFlopzors, and 1080p trumps better gameplay'. It is just how they are especially the one you are quoting. He is really confused.

Hahaha................

Better gameplay in what.? Ryse is a piece of sh** game with boring ass gameplay,is as bad as knack which i don't hype by the way,that desperate lemmings are,basically the best thing on that launch is Forza 4.5,because DR has never ever been a great game,and Ryse is boring as hell.

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

How sad you people are..

When the first rumors appear about weak spec,lemming screamed not confirmed lets wait.

When the specs were confirmed,lemmings started to say yes yes is more powerful but how much lets waits for the games,the difference will only be a few frames per second more on the PS4 version.

When the games started to show and the xbox one version got a beat to the point of been out done 1080p to 720p,now lemmings scream is drivers that are bad lets wait for new drivers that will bring parity..

lol

There will be no parity unless developers decide to gimp the PS4 version,so far it hasn't happen get use this will be a long gen of inferior xbox one versions of multiplatform games.

@kuu2 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

We will be seeing more article like this in the near future. Sony can't money hat every web site and reviewer out there.

Cows are in denial if they think this gen will be all 720p on the X1. Greatness.........................greatness never changes.

The funny thing is Ryse is the best looking game out on any platform right now and it is a launch title. Can't wait till next year when we really see some amazing games utilizing Kinect to its fullest with amazing graphics.

Get your eyes fix.

@kuu2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

You left out the, '1.8tFlopzors'.

Just keep repeating '1080p and 1.8tFlopzors', and your Sony Fan vocabulary will be complete.

Notice how Sony Fan dropped the '50% more powahz', a while ago since they saw Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

Wow you really really are hurt about the PS4 power difference,not only you pretend like a blind fanboy that BF4 on xbox one looks better,but you pretend that the crappy ass game Ryse look better than any game..hahaha

it most be killing you that the PS4 is kicking the xbox one read end...lol

#26 Posted by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

Let me guess, the TC finally found an article that says the XBone is more powerful than the PS4.

Actually the article says that the two consoles are a draw. Much like most of the industry says.

#27 Edited by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

More evidence that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

Just think TC, this time next we'll be playing the PS4. :D

PlayStation®4: The Best Place to Play™

#28 Edited by tormentos (16290 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@RossRichard said:

Let me guess, the TC finally found an article that says the XBone is more powerful than the PS4.

Actually the article says that the two consoles are a draw. Much like most of the industry says.

VS

Draw because the puppy is been balance..

#29 Edited by urbansys (231 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You don't understand things have to be really simple for Sony Fan otherwise they become confused, get angry, and start regurgitating, '1.8tFlopzors, and 1080p trumps better gameplay'. It is just how they are especially the one you are quoting. He is really confused.

Hahaha................

Better gameplay in what.? Ryse is a piece of sh** game with boring ass gameplay,is as bad as knack which i don't hype by the way,that desperate lemmings are,basically the best thing on that launch is Forza 4.5,because DR has never ever been a great game,and Ryse is boring as hell.

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

How sad you people are..

When the first rumors appear about weak spec,lemming screamed not confirmed lets wait.

When the specs were confirmed,lemmings started to say yes yes is more powerful but how much lets waits for the games,the difference will only be a few frames per second more on the PS4 version.

When the games started to show and the xbox one version got a beat to the point of been out done 1080p to 720p,now lemmings scream is drivers that are bad lets wait for new drivers that will bring parity..

lol

There will be no parity unless developers decide to gimp the PS4 version,so far it hasn't happen get use this will be a long gen of inferior xbox one versions of multiplatform games.

@kuu2 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

We will be seeing more article like this in the near future. Sony can't money hat every web site and reviewer out there.

Cows are in denial if they think this gen will be all 720p on the X1. Greatness.........................greatness never changes.

The funny thing is Ryse is the best looking game out on any platform right now and it is a launch title. Can't wait till next year when we really see some amazing games utilizing Kinect to its fullest with amazing graphics.

Get your eyes fix.

@kuu2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

oh man bringing up a random article from brasil from some random fanboy, so desperate xD

1080p > 720p, more than twice the resolution and power #DEALWITHIT

You left out the, '1.8tFlopzors'.

Just keep repeating '1080p and 1.8tFlopzors', and your Sony Fan vocabulary will be complete.

Notice how Sony Fan dropped the '50% more powahz', a while ago since they saw Ryse compared to Bloom/Blur/FogZone.

Wow you really really are hurt about the PS4 power difference,not only you pretend like a blind fanboy that BF4 on xbox one looks better,but you pretend that the crappy ass game Ryse look better than any game..hahaha

it most be killing you that the PS4 is kicking the xbox one read end...lol

Typical Tormentos.... Cant argue the article so he attacks the one thing the article didn't even cover, game play. You can have your opinions on the game play, you however not entitled to your own facts. It must be eating you that all those post and threads you created to fight for ps4 50% advantage has fallen to nothing but a pile of bullsh!t. You are the worse of all the ps fanboys here. You attempted to sound like you knew what you were talking about only to be discovered as false and spewer of:

#30 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

Yeah, but that's pure hardware minus Kinect's voice/motion controls and the MS OS features that are not present on the PS4. It doesn't tell the full tale of an out the box comparison. But hardware wise it factual. Just doesn't express everything overall.

#31 Edited by Gue1 (9004 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Here's a better comparsion. (lol translated article)

PS4 don't have an analog AV and the XB1 has optical output. Whoever made this is even more misinformed than most people on system wars because he didn't even mention the HDMI-in.

#32 Edited by Gue1 (9004 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Loved how it debunked the power difference between the two consoles. Cows can not understand that MS is just behind on their drivers and software which many devs have mentioned. Again COWS should know this from the PS3 days!

a 12 CUs GPU will never beat an 18 CUs GPU when both are built on the same architecture. Especially when 4 CUs of the 18 are for ALU while the 12 CUs GPU has none. So the PS4's GPU not only has 2 more CUs for render but it has enough resources for GPGPU without trading visual quality for performance.

---------------

And lol at translated article. Have fun trying to make sense of that sh*t. But from what I gather, he says it's a draw because both consoles are powerful and he even tries to make a cheap argument about COD Ghosts being 720p on XB1 but having better effects which is not true. Mark Rubin himself said the PS4 version is the better one of the 2. There is no trade off here of resolution for better effects.

#33 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6194 posts) -

The article is saying the PS4's CPU will bottleneck the GPU.

I see no evidence of that but I suppose the proof will be in the games over the next few months.

#34 Posted by Chutebox (36079 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe: The 40 or 60% comments come from the difference in GPU alone, in which it is correct.

#35 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

While true what you say to a degree, people misinterpret this as 40%-60% better graphics or overall more performance. Not the case.

Look at the CoD comparison vid I put up and it shows how close the 360 is to the PS4 version. Clearly the PS4 is 60%more powerful than the 360. Lazy devs? Sure but the numbers still don't add up to what I am seeing.

#37 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12655 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

While true what you say to a degree, people misinterpret this as 40%-60% better graphics or overall more performance. Not the case.

Look at the CoD comparison vid I put up and it shows how close the 360 is to the PS4 version. Clearly the PS4 is 60%more powerful than the 360. Lazy devs? Sure but the numbers still don't add up to what I am seeing.

Look at the PC version and tell us if you see a tangible difference between the ps4 version.

Using COD is a really lame example. Also, there's a huge difference there you got cataracts bro?

#38 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

While true what you say to a degree, people misinterpret this as 40%-60% better graphics or overall more performance. Not the case.

Look at the CoD comparison vid I put up and it shows how close the 360 is to the PS4 version. Clearly the PS4 is 60%more powerful than the 360. Lazy devs? Sure but the numbers still don't add up to what I am seeing.

Look at the PC version and tell us if you see a tangible difference.

Using COD is a really lame example. Also, there's a huge difference there you got cataracts bro?

I don't care about the PC version. I was using this example for a reason that you obviously didn't pick up on.

Huge difference? between which versions are you referring?

Thanks in advance Rainbow lover.

#39 Posted by silversix_ (13427 posts) -

X1 is a very weak system that should have been released four years ago to be half impressive and its not Damage Control article #38849299838 that will change anything. This is for you TC.

#40 Posted by tormentos (16290 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Typical Tormentos.... Cant argue the article so he attacks the one thing the article didn't even cover, game play. You can have your opinions on the game play, you however not entitled to your own facts. It must be eating you that all those post and threads you created to fight for ps4 50% advantage has fallen to nothing but a pile of bullsh!t. You are the worse of all the ps fanboys here. You attempted to sound like you knew what you were talking about only to be discovered as false and spewer of:

First of all there is nothing to attack the consoles are not on par or close,all GCN test on PC show the 7850 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 7770 period it is like that.

The gap here is even bigger,forget about ESRAM,cache and 256 bit but,those things in their best possible scenario what can do is make sure the xbox one can exploit all its 1.18TF nothing more nothing less.

So no matter what the xbox one is tied to those 1.18 TF vs the PS4 1.84,then enter ESRAM which is a problem rather than a real solution,is not practical for all uses,it takes more to get use to,and require more time investment,to actually do a good job,not a great one,which is what the PS4 does with his unified 8GB pool.

True HSA design no corners cut,true hUMA design as well no corners or work around need it.

You have a combination of 3 factors here,one under power hardware + hard to code hardware + complex memory set up.

You combine this ^^ and is the reason why the xbox one is basically under performing under what it was expected,not only the hardware is weak ESRAM make everything more complex and doesn't work as MS expected to.

Have you ask you self why Forza is 1080p,sport games like NBA 2 k14,fifa,kinect games,but games like Dead Rising and FPS are all 720p.?

Now Ryse is 900p but Ryse is not an open world game like Dead Rising is,so anything the push the console will bring down that performance to 720p,BF4 running at 900p on PS4 while also running at faster frames,while having AO on PS4 and not having it on xbox one raise serious flag.

#41 Posted by urbansys (231 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Typical Tormentos.... Cant argue the article so he attacks the one thing the article didn't even cover, game play. You can have your opinions on the game play, you however not entitled to your own facts. It must be eating you that all those post and threads you created to fight for ps4 50% advantage has fallen to nothing but a pile of bullsh!t. You are the worse of all the ps fanboys here. You attempted to sound like you knew what you were talking about only to be discovered as false and spewer of:

First of all there is nothing to attack the consoles are not on par or close,all GCN test on PC show the 7850 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 7770 period it is like that.

The gap here is even bigger,forget about ESRAM,cache and 256 bit but,those things in their best possible scenario what can do is make sure the xbox one can exploit all its 1.18TF nothing more nothing less.

So no matter what the xbox one is tied to those 1.18 TF vs the PS4 1.84,then enter ESRAM which is a problem rather than a real solution,is not practical for all uses,it takes more to get use to,and require more time investment,to actually do a good job,not a great one,which is what the PS4 does with his unified 8GB pool.

True HSA design no corners cut,true hUMA design as well no corners or work around need it.

You have a combination of 3 factors here,one under power hardware + hard to code hardware + complex memory set up.

You combine this ^^ and is the reason why the xbox one is basically under performing under what it was expected,not only the hardware is weak ESRAM make everything more complex and doesn't work as MS expected to.

Have you ask you self why Forza is 1080p,sport games like NBA 2 k14,fifa,kinect games,but games like Dead Rising and FPS are all 720p.?

Now Ryse is 900p but Ryse is not an open world game like Dead Rising is,so anything the push the console will bring down that performance to 720p,BF4 running at 900p on PS4 while also running at faster frames,while having AO on PS4 and not having it on xbox one raise serious flag.

You think it is black and white like that huh. With some simple READING and COMPREHENSION, you would of understood this:

"Based on current data, there is much talk of the PS4 to have 40% more power on the GPU (also mention several times the 50%, but had an increase in GPU clock Xbox One). However, this is kinda flawed and based on the following: The CPU and GPU in PS4 are not balanced because the CPU is slower than it would take to make the best GPU. When this occurs in PCs, GPUs with CPUs that much better or vice versa, did not get the maximum performance. With that, the 18 compute units divided in 14 to 4 for graphics and GPGPU. The 4 compute units can be used for graphics, but the gain is minimal, according to their chief architect. Thus there is an incentive to use them with GPGPU.

One on Xbox have 12 compute units, but would be well compatible with the processing power of the CPU. Also included in the Xbox One 15 special processors that reduce the work required on the CPU. The GPUs themselves are lower than for typical tasks of CPU and still have the status of the Xbox CPU One be customized. Considering all this, it is likely that this difference falls to only 2 GPU compute units (14 against 12). If you do not have any new Sony PS4 and Xbox One must be very similar. Sony promised more complete technical specifications in the last Tokyo Game Show, but did not disclose anything that could affect the performance chart."

Also:

"The Xbox One is more attuned to the human to be launched later this year in PCs With MMU and implement host / guest, you can achieve cache coherency and memory more complete and automated not only between CPU and GPU, but also among specific processors such as SHAPE (for audio) and other auxiliary processor GPU. You can start processing on the CPU, the GPU continue and finish with auxiliary processors without GPU old information are used. This is too good not to compromise on performance, reliability, and development time looking for bugs. Add the fact that the access bandwidth is consistent with 30GB / s instead of 20GB/se have an excellent environment for GPGPU and processing with special processors."

Is ESRAM and the current MS drivers giving Devs fits? Of course as IT IS NOT EVEN RELEASED. I guess you forgot how hard it was for the PS3 and the cell but once it was fully understood, they were able to push the PS3 to some amazing strides.

Again you pull the same EXACT BS out without even arguing one point of the article. The GCN test on the video cards themselves means absolute NOTHING to the architectures that the PS4 and xbox One are running on. The fact your simple minded brain that wont look outside the PS Box is enough for me to know you do not even understand the data you are posting.

#42 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

1080p>900p>720p Bububut balance LOL balance couldn't give you 1080p

#43 Posted by tormentos (16290 posts) -

@urbansys said:

You think it is black and white like that huh. With some simple READING and COMPREHENSION, you would of understood this:

"Based on current data, there is much talk of the PS4 to have 40% more power on the GPU (also mention several times the 50%, but had an increase in GPU clock Xbox One). However, this is kinda flawed and based on the following: The CPU and GPU in PS4 are not balanced because the CPU is slower than it would take to make the best GPU. When this occurs in PCs, GPUs with CPUs that much better or vice versa, did not get the maximum performance. With that, the 18 compute units divided in 14 to 4 for graphics and GPGPU. The 4 compute units can be used for graphics, but the gain is minimal, according to their chief architect. Thus there is an incentive to use them with GPGPU.

One on Xbox have 12 compute units, but would be well compatible with the processing power of the CPU. Also included in the Xbox One 15 special processors that reduce the work required on the CPU. The GPUs themselves are lower than for typical tasks of CPU and still have the status of the Xbox CPU One be customized. Considering all this, it is likely that this difference falls to only 2 GPU compute units (14 against 12). If you do not have any new Sony PS4 and Xbox One must be very similar. Sony promised more complete technical specifications in the last Tokyo Game Show, but did not disclose anything that could affect the performance chart."

Also:

"The Xbox One is more attuned to the human to be launched later this year in PCs With MMU and implement host / guest, you can achieve cache coherency and memory more complete and automated not only between CPU and GPU, but also among specific processors such as SHAPE (for audio) and other auxiliary processor GPU. You can start processing on the CPU, the GPU continue and finish with auxiliary processors without GPU old information are used. This is too good not to compromise on performance, reliability, and development time looking for bugs. Add the fact that the access bandwidth is consistent with 30GB / s instead of 20GB/se have an excellent environment for GPGPU and processing with special processors."

Is ESRAM and the current MS drivers giving Devs fits? Of course as IT IS NOT EVEN RELEASED. I guess you forgot how hard it was for the PS3 and the cell but once it was fully understood, they were able to push the PS3 to some amazing strides.

Again you pull the same EXACT BS out without even arguing one point of the article. The GCN test on the video cards themselves means absolute NOTHING to the architectures that the PS4 and xbox One are running on. The fact your simple minded brain that wont look outside the PS Box is enough for me to know you do not even understand the data you are posting.

Ok i byte..

1.Balance mean sh** is just a crappy damage control word MS use to justify having crappy hardware,have you ever heard on PC that the 7870 is balance so it will beat the 7970.? I am sure you haven't because it is a lie.

2-The CPU speed of the PS4 is fine,the xbox one was rise because the GPU was also rise,did you see how the PS4 GPU speed and the xbox one where both 800mhz with a 1.6 ghz cpu.? MS rise both because the unit was under performing because they have a GPU reservation,also to give the sad nothing that 853 mhz > 800mhz and trick morons into thinking than having higher clock speed actually mean the xbox one is stronger.

Remember when Panello posted 1.7 > 1.6 .? hahaa

True is the PS4 is modified to take advantage of compute,something the xbox one is not,so a single CU of the PS4 has equal flops to the entire jaguar CPU on the xbox one,so imagine what 1 CU for compute can do to help the PS4 CPU to work more freely.

3-The PS4 CU are not split in any way they are 18 CU to be use as developers want,if they want to use 2 CU for compute they can,if they want to use 4 they can,it is not a rule but a suggestion a pretty cleaver one i may add on sony's part,because 18 CU is 18 CU in the end no matter if you split them 14 + 4 those are 400Gflops of power for compute which the xbox one has nothing to counter with,so not only the PS4 will still have 2 more CU for graphics and still beat the xbox one 12 CU,but it will have incredibly superior effects or physic because of those extra 400Gflops,which the xbox one has nothing to counter with.

Is very simple math but i don't think you will under stand it.

14+4 still = 18 vs 12 CU alone in the competition still yield the same results at the end 600Gflops less.

4-Please link me to were sony promise to talk about hardware on TGS.

5-Shape is mostly for Kinect admit by on beyond3d by some one who actually worked on the sound block,and in nothing will help close the gap,is miserable 15 Gflops.

6-There is a huge difference between Cell and ESRAM.

Cell was a CPU with impressive parallel processing power,it was able to actually run post process and some GPU task and actually help the GPU free resources.

ESRAM is a cheap patch to try to avoid bandwidth starvation because MS use cheap ass DDR3,ESRAM is a memory pool not a performance enhancer with 200+Gflops,cell was a CPU with GPU capabilities,the damn thing can even do adaptive tessellation that powerful Cell is.

So no matter how good MS learn to handle ESRAM it will never close the 600+ gflops gap,because ESRAM is just a mean of transportation.

And finally since you understand sh** about hardware let me break it down,GCN is a damn freaking line the 7970 will not get beaten by the 7870,just like the 7870 will not get beaten by the 7770,this is a damn FACT not my opinion look it up GCN is a line both GPU are from the same family the PS4 one is stronger time to move on and stop crying.

Nothing MS say will change the outcome the PS4 is stronger period,the damage controls need to end so does your crying,the xbox one is weak the time for excuses is over,the fact are there 1080p vs 720p the xbox one is been owned by the PS4,not a single game on PS4 is 720p and just 1 is 900p compare that to the horde of 720p games on xbox one.

#44 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

living in denial, this is pathetic.

#45 Edited by KratosYOLOSwag (306 posts) -

The ps4 is barely matching up the the one and thid is without the cloud. Just wait until the devs start using the power of the cloud and the difference between the systems is 700%.

#46 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5584 posts) -

I knew it was going to be something that benefited you

#47 Edited by DarthaPerkinjan (756 posts) -

If I had a dollar for every monkey that claimed the Xflop 720p had as much power as the PS4 I'd be a rich man.

#48 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

I knew it was going to be something that benefited you

Me? how does the truth benefit me? I already made my choice of consoles no matter what the power difference. The truth I am bringing to light is what Sony fanboys are in denial about.

Ryse is the best next gen graphical representation that we have seen. Don't you think it is funny that this is on the "weaker" console??????

#49 Posted by stereointegrity (10659 posts) -

yet again someone else saying that its 14+4 which its not...this unbalanced shit has to end lol

#50 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5584 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe: except that Ryse isn't the best next gen graphical representation