PS4, X1, or Wii U - who will have the best announcements at e3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll PS4, X1, or Wii U - who will have the best announcements at e3? (78 votes)

PS4 38%
X1 31%
Wii U 29%

I'm really hoping X1 comes out with some crazy good announcements. Cause they kinda need to. Halo, Forza, Gears thing is so last gen. Let's see some Conker and Battletoads. Something really cool. As for PS4 - I expect a strong showing, but nothing that will really blow me away. Wii U - maybe one surprise announcement or two. Overall, I am going with X1. What about you guys?

• 
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Xbox just has to show more Halo 5 and some will say they automatically win.

Nintendo and Sony, I can't think of anything they can counter that with since Zelda and Uncharted are next year.

Of course, Halo 5 is 343 developed, which isn't Bungie - Halo Caliber yet.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Sony and Microsoft are at the point where they've established their consoles, but now they really need to deliver with some big games. They're at the point of the consoles lifecycle where their first party studios have been developing on their systems long enough for them to start being announced now.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I hope Nintendo have something big to make up for Zelda delay. Ditto Sony for Uncharted delay, they both need a big game for Christmas surely.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

@locopatho said:

I hope Nintendo have something big to make up for Zelda delay. Ditto Sony for Uncharted delay, they both need a big game for Christmas surely.

I'm definitely curious to see what Nintendo's game will be. I feel like Sony is going to lean on Ratchet and Clank.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Sony probably.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Eh they'll all get delayed anyways

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

With the sales of the PS4, Sony don't need to do much and I don't think they will.

I think Microsoft will be the ones to come out with the most and best announcements, with Windows 10 coming it will be interesting as they lay out the future of Xbox.

Nintendo really need to see the WiiU out in a strong way so people may be at least a bit interested in the NX when that gets announced. If ZeldaU does turn out to be the last big title and nothing much else gets announced, I don't think the hype for the NX will be very high at all.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

I'm going to bank on the PS4. With all the sales it is garnering it should be attracting just as much development support.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Nintendo. I'm expecting footage from XCX, Star Fox, Project Guard, Project Treasure, and I'm hoping for a remaster of the Xenosaga trilogy and footage of Rodea the Sky Soldier. I'm actually expecting a lot of good news from the Nintendo camp.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#10 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

Xbox One: 9/10

PS4:8/10

WiiU:1/10.lol Nintendo.lol.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@brimmul777 said:

Xbox One: 9/10

PS4:8/10

WiiU:1/10.lol Nintendo.lol.

That's not very nice.

Nintendo directs are probably better than Xbox E3's btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Sony, contingent on Persona 5 actually being showcased at E3.

If not, then I go with Nintendo, mostly because their lineup interests me far more than the PlayStation or Xbox lineups.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

M$ - I'm REALLY skeptical of "Big" announcements from them especially considering the windows cross platform initiative. I'm quite sure they'll show the next Forza, Gears, and possible a Rare exclusive.

Sony - They REEEEEEEEALLY need to show something Big. Guerrilla's next IP, GT7, I don't know but they need to knock it out of the park when it comes to exclusives.

Nintendo - I honestly expect this to be the LAST E3 show with the focus on the WiiU. So Anything they show I'll likely not pay much attention to... UNLESS they assure us it's for the WiiU and the WiiU alone.

..so to answer your question: I hope it's Sony, but I suspect it will be M$.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I'll be interested to see if MS shares any more details (or announces any more games) for Win 10 PC/Xbox cross buy and cross play

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Captain toad DLC. That is all I need. Captain toad does not give a pokemon about what Sony and Microsoft has at the show!

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Microsoft, they actually have games coming out this year.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I'm hoping Nintendo has some good stuff to announce... Please Metroid, PLEASE.

Though I'd bet on Sony having the best announcements. Even if half of it ends up being bullshit, they'll put on a good show.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@locopatho said:

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves for Xmas... Xbone has a pretty decent line-up.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17802 Posts

im going to say nintendo.

just a hunch...nothing solid to go on really. it wont be mega announcement after mega annoucement either...just one or 2 really big games....but i think they are going to surprise.

i suspect, when they show starfox, that it will dissapoint though :(.

MS will have plenty of annoucements but i think it will be more along the lines of exclusive and timed exclusive 3rd party content.

sony are a bit of a dark horse. its been 3rd parties and sonys excellent marketing, combined with the momentum gathered from the start of gen, that have been carrying the PS4 (not inherently a bad thing..just is what it is). sony have, i think, the biggest firsty party set of developers and they have been very quiet. we know naughty dog are busy. guerilla relased at the start of gen so they will probably have something to show but nothing to release until 2016. polyphony digital take an age to do anything so, again, can probabyl show something but nothing to release until 2016. not even god knows what team ico are doing....do they still exist? are they still making a game? really they should have something ready to go for 2015. still sony could deliver quite a few surprises.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

MS because, well, they haven't shown anything last E3 except CGI trailers. They should have a boat load of awesome games to show because they haven't shown any since launch.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

Honestly, I'm expecting a new 3D Mario from Nintendo to be shown, and a new metroid. They showed alot of their games in the newest direct, except for Xenoblade X. I don't think Nintendo will have nothing to show at E3, and that they will have LOTS of surprises.

I'm also expecting something Rare related from Microsoft, so that has some sort of value.

Sony probably doesn't need to show anything. Their system is just blowing everything out of the water. They could show nothing, have no holiday game, and still outsell the competition. Since Nintendo is the most desperate, I'm expecting them to have the best announcements, as usual.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I usually love speculation and feeling sure but I don't.

Nintendo has Star Fox and Xenoblade Chronicles X and short of pulling out a Mario or Pokemon Nintendo won't interest anyone.

Xbox has Halo on the way and if they announce a Gears of War or Banjo Kazooie game it might stand a Chance.

Honestly I'm rooting for Sony, although Uncharted 4 and Street Fighter 5 are coming out next year it doesn't mean they'll miss the show. Sony has some great exclusives ans have real momentum, from the PS2 days we all know they can run with it. The only thing I think Sony hasn't done successfully is getting the Vita in a good position and I don't think that will change.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

Well, I imagine both Sony and MS will present a lot of multplat games that will be on both systems, as usual, with lesser time being devoted to true exclusives. I imagine whose presentation is better depends on which presentation those multiplats are shown at.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Nintendo and Sony, I can't think of anything they can counter that with since Zelda and Uncharted are next year.

I'm thinking metroid is announced at this e3 for next year. Idk could be wishful thinking. Sony might not win it, but if they announced some western vita games it would do a lot to lessen the dislike I currently hold for them.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

No idea. Want to see more of MS's upcoming IPs but Id be shocked if they announced anything interesting for this year. I have no hope for Sony, they seem to be ok with just coasting with the sales lead and crapping out more of the same games. Nintendo is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidTy

@inb4uall said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm thinking metroid is announced at this e3 for next year. Idk could be wishful thinking. Sony might not win it, but if they announced some western vita games it would do a lot to lessen the dislike I currently hold for them.

Metroid would be a nice surprise.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Just a hunch :P

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

No clue. I guessed X1 even if I'm not a fan of their stuff.

Sony is probably going to be decent and Ninty too with Star Fox and all. Ninty would win imo with a new Metroid or another awesome new tentpole ip.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Playstation has had the best E3 announcements for me since it's inception. It's the system I game on and therefore the info I pay attention too.

This year I'm hoping for what I always hope for; a Dino Crisis reboot and Shenmue 3. I always go in expecting nothing though. That way if something interesting does stick to the wall after being thrown at it, then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

In terms of announcements, Sony. Almost all of their 1st party studios have games that need to be announced, and there's also 3rd party stuff to take into account. They'll be spreading all of them between E3, Gamescom, TGS, and PSX.

Microsoft on the other hand needs to show gameplay for the games they announced too early.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Where's the choice that says "None of them" or "All of them will UNDERWHELM"?

That's the one I picked because it's damn well going to be true.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

I have a feeling X1 will come out swinging this time around with some exclusives they surely should know by now what works and what doesn't. I am hyping X1 folks..I think sony is getting to confident its hard not to be confident if you are sony and that is what is going to blind them. Something about the underdog position that I just like to root for.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I'm really hoping the Joe Montana 16 exclusive to Xbox One with and NFL license is legit, lol. That with Halo 5 and GeOW footage will be all MS needs

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@SolidTy said:

All 3 need to show something amazing. With Nintendo, at this point, it almost seems out of the question (unless they shockingly teased their next hardware or something like that - but that's probably more a 2016 thing at the earliest).

I'm sure some will say that Halo is an automatic win, but after Halo 4 I am no longer going to fall for that. Then again, I was "late to the game" at the 360 gen Halo's, and by the time I played them i didn't think they were all that good either - so even the Bungie ones were sort of boring/predictable to me (and it seems Destiny was a big disappointment as well).

I'm not sure what surprises they have up their sleeves, but for Sony/MS I want to see new IP's shown. With Nintendo, I'd just want too see something that doesn't look like it was done on a $100,000 budget.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

It's up to Sony I suppose. If they want to announce new IP's from Media Molecule and Guerrilla Games at this show , and throw some sugar on top with a Level-5 rpg and Gravity Rush 1+2..... then that may be enough.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

With the sales of the PS4, Sony don't need to do much and I don't think they will.

I think Microsoft will be the ones to come out with the most and best announcements, with Windows 10 coming it will be interesting as they lay out the future of Xbox.

Nintendo really need to see the WiiU out in a strong way so people may be at least a bit interested in the NX when that gets announced. If ZeldaU does turn out to be the last big title and nothing much else gets announced, I don't think the hype for the NX will be very high at all.

This is a well thought out post. I agree with this.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Ubisoft consistently have the best E3 showing. Unfortunately?

Also a lot of people saying MS have games coming this year but isn't E3 more about next year and further on?

Anyway just to be contradictory to myself I voted MS as I think they tend to do the better performance (ignoring the pre Xbox One Launch show)

Shibua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shibua
Member since 2014 • 467 Posts

Insominac is making a Conker game for MS

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Always look forward to Nintendo's showings, but the sounds of it, I don't think they'll have a great showing this year. Just more regurgitating information.

Sony will probably have the best showing.

@shibua

They're releasing Conker stuff for Project Spark at the end of the month, what makes you think Insominac is making a dedicated Conker game for Microsoft when they already have one?

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Phil Spencer's been talking big game, so I'm expecting an awesome E3 from MS (but also ready for disappointment).

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Ps4 is what i care about most so i go with that, Zelda is delayed and Nintendo been nothing but disappointing...Xbox Quantum Break delayed so yeah not much.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Sony 4 sho. They will reveal God Of War 4. We'll see an Uncharted 4 set piece in it's full glory with dynamic traversial gameplay and action sequences never before done so smoothly in a game of this scale. Crazy reactions are to be had there. Shit, Media Molecule, Gurillea Games, Sony Bend, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch are all making games as we speak for PS4 and any one of those could be revealed at E3. Then The Last Guardian... hey it's still coming, you'll see...

That is Sony's first party that could potentially show stuff. But then there's 3rd party exclusivity PlayStation is known for, and now with market domination, expect more of that this generation than last.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy

@2Chalupas said:

@SolidTy said:

All 3 need to show something amazing. With Nintendo, at this point, it almost seems out of the question (unless they shockingly teased their next hardware or something like that - but that's probably more a 2016 thing at the earliest).

I'm sure some will say that Halo is an automatic win, but after Halo 4 I am no longer going to fall for that. Then again, I was "late to the game" at the 360 gen Halo's, and by the time I played them i didn't think they were all that good either - so even the Bungie ones were sort of boring/predictable to me (and it seems Destiny was a big disappointment as well).

I'm not sure what surprises they have up their sleeves, but for Sony/MS I want to see new IP's shown. With Nintendo, I'd just want too see something that doesn't look like it was done on a $100,000 budget.

I'm down with that...let's hope we see some sweet new IPs. 343 has yet to impress me as I own Halo 4 and Halo MCC, I do agree. Some people see "The 'Chief" and lose their sh** though, not realizing there is a new cook in the kitchen. After playing the Halo 5 beta, I wasn't impressed, they still keep trying to put COD in Halo. Halo 5 could be their redemption though on the SP front or it could be just another Halo game from 343...

M$ is prepared for the big rush and demand as they raised their Halo 5 C.E. to $250! (http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Guardians-Limited-Collectors-Xbox-One/dp/B00RKK15H0) They are going to be making their money off the big Halo fans. I was quite surprised at the $250 figure.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

If it's anything like last year, Nintendo will probably have a better showing than MS and Sony, but I'd go with MS if they showed some Halo 5 campaign footage (which they probably will)

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think Nintendo will have the best e3 announcements.

CrashNeoSigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CrashNeoSigma
Member since 2014 • 50 Posts

XBox One will have the best E3 announcements of course ... they have the 2 biggest highest selling games being shown at E3 ... Halo 5 and Gears of War ... Sony has no games that can draw as much interest as Halo 5 ... Many games in line for XBox One they are having issues with too many games releasing around the same time they have to push games back ... Sony is pushing Uncharted 4 back because they don't wanna feed uncharted to the wolves come holiday season with a numbered halo game coming ... Nintendo is dead and so is the Wii U ... The only game worth a damn is Zelda and that is not coming maybe not until its next console

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

PS4 8/10 xbox one 8/10 wi--u 5/10

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'll probably be most excited and interested in what Nintendo has to say. I also hope they mimic their incredible format from last year's E3. That Treehouse format was absolutely incredible and showed of hours of gameplay for brand new games.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Pikminmaniac:

I dig Mario Kart 8. It is a system seller for sure. However I'd still like to see a Wave Race or Fzero.