PS4 vs Xbox1, who's losing more exclusives to PC?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

Cows love to shit on the lemmings after Microsoft started porting all of Xbone's games to PC. Apparently an Xbone is redundant if you already own a PC considering that Microsoft is just going to forfeit all of its games to PC anyway, while the PS4's exclusive library supposedly remains exclusive and strong.

But after this E3... is that so? Is PS4 really any better than Xbone in this regard? Let's make a list of once PS4 and Xbox1 exclusives that have an announced PC port and compare the length of the two.

Name once console exclusive games/series strictly receiving a PC port while remaining off of the other platform.

Rules:

• Mention a game and after I personally confirm a game to be as described above, I will add it.
  • They must be officially announced, things that are "almost" exclusive do not count, but can be included in your posts separate from actually confirmed games. (i.e. FFXV does not count, FFVII:R does considering it has been confirmed to be timed.)
  • Timed exclusives are in fact not exclusive, if they are to eventually receive a PC port they count.
  • Strictly either Generation 8 console exclusives or Cross-Gen exclusives meaning the game is included on Gen 8 consoles.
  • Refrain from mentioning games that are already listed.
  • A PC exclusive being ported to console isn't the same thing as a console exclusive being ported to PC.

I will handle and update the list here. I have my own (sort of) list on the matter and will contribute it to the thread eventually. If you feel as if I am mistaken about a game, feel free to tell me, but try to bring evidence of my being wrong. I'll update whenever I can.

PS4:

1. SFV
  2. To Leave (skeptical on this one,)
  3. FF7 Remake
  4. Shenmue 3
  5. No Man's Sky
  6. Tales of Zestiria

Xbox1:

1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Ryse
  3. Killier Instinct
  4. Titan Fall
  5. Fable Legends
  6. Sea of Thieves
  7. Ori and The Blind Forest (Came out the same time as xbox1, but published by Microsoft.)
tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

it's same for both, but likely the X1 will lose more (read "almost all")exclusives to PC in the future.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

PS4 has about 100 games more than Xbone, many of those games multiplats just not on Xbone. Therefore the machine with more games will, in theory, have more PC ports.

If this is about perceived (Timed) exclusives like Ori, Uncharted, GeoW Remastered, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Order, Bloodborne, Halo 5, GeoW4, Infamous 2nd Son, LittleBigPlanet 3, Tearaway Unfolded, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, MLB The Show, Street Fighter 5, Cuphead, The Witness, The Last Guardian, Killer Instinct, Project Spark, Fable Legends, Sea of Thieves, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, etc...well then never-mind. I don't care which way this falls as I just have the machines and wait for games to release.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Skelly34

@SolidTy said:

PS4 has about 100 games more than Xbone, many of those games multiplats just not on Xbone. Therefore the machine with more games will, in theory, have more PC ports.

If this is about perceived (Timed) exclusives like Ori, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Order, Bloodborne, Halo 5, GeoW4, Infamous 2nd, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, MLB The Show, Street Fighter 5, Cuphead, The Witness, The Last Guardian, Killer Instinct, Project Spark, Fable Legends, etc...well then never-mind. I don't care which way this falls as I just have the machines and wait for games to release.

This is about games that have an announced PC port. Predictions on possible future ports is not what the thread is about.

You actually seemed to have named a couple of games that are announced to have a PC port. Like Ryse and SFV.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy

@skelly34 said:
@SolidTy said:

If this is about perceived (Timed) exclusives like Ori, Uncharted, GeoW Remastered, Rise of the Tomb Raider, The Order, Bloodborne, Halo 5, GeoW4, Infamous 2nd Son, LittleBigPlanet 3, Tearaway Unfolded, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, MLB The Show, Street Fighter 5, Cuphead, The Witness, The Last Guardian, Killer Instinct, Project Spark, Fable Legends, Sea of Thieves, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, etc...well then never-mind. I don't care which way this falls as I just have the machines and wait for games to release.

This is about games that have an announced PC port. Predictions on possible future ports is not what the thread is about.

You actually seemed to have named a couple of games that are announced to have a PC port. Like Ryse and SFV.

I see.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Xbox it seems to me.

Ryse, DR3, KI, talks of SO.

Not a stretch to think Quantum Break will come to PC as past Remedy games have,

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

PC doesn't have bloodborne, or MLB the show.

So if a PC user likes dark souls games or playing baseball games guess what? He has to go out and buy a ps4 since the ps3 mlb the show is a gimped inferior version so don't even try to use that one ps4 will look and play better "the end"

As a PC gamer I think I could survive without MCC, and Sunset overdrive. I've given up playing online with MCC its not worth my time, my time is valuable and sitting in ques is not my style.

Sunset overdrive is mediocre trash as far i'm concerned and doesn't even play to my liking at all.

Like i just said i can't survive without the ps4 games as PC GAMER....I can survive without trash games on xboner. So you do the math and work it out in your head as a pc gamer.

Oh btw i hate racing games and if i wanted a racer id probably play project cars on pc with the 60 fps or whatever 4k i doubt forza looks as good or gives as much value as that.

So yea im not counting forza or 5 club just due to project cars on pc smothering them. Plus I heard stories of how MS doesn't view games going to PC as bad and that they were hoping to bring MCC/Halo 5/SO/Forza to windows 10 store.

Like i said do you see SONY bringing bloodborne to windows 10 store? I fucking don't and if that happens XBONE -----> EBAY don't need you anymore in fact maybe they'll shut down the xbox brand it won't be needed either.

I hope PS4 crushes this xbone so fucking hard that they keep doing 180's on their garbage tactics or not competing on true exclusives.

Crossplay with PC = YOU DONT NEED AN XBONE period but will need a ps4 learn it and love it.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy

@skelly34:

Jonathon Blow of Braid and Witness fame had a major beef with Xbox policies as a developer. He still dislikes the Xbox Parity clause, which to this day is keeping some devs off Xbone. Sony didn't happen, Xbox happened to indie dev Blow. His game was always coming to PC though.

Links:

1.) Xbox One Claims Criticized by Jonathan Blow and Mark Rein

2.) Blow: Microsoft's lying about Xbox One cloud power

3.) Jonathan Blow: Microsoft ‘have a cultural habit of treating small developers like s**t

4.) Jonathan Blow Mocks Xbox One Again, Terms One-Off Online Activation As “Bad”

5.) Jonathon Blow: The Witness Uses 5GB RAM, Calls Xbox One DDR3 RAM “Cheap”

In your OP you stated,

The Witness (announced for PC, then PS3/Xbox360, then Sony happened, ended up as a PS4 timed exclusive.)

The reality is that his game was too abitious for PS360, and it wasn't Sony happening that moved Blow, it was Blow's own Xbox's experience as a developer that motivated Blow.

Either way, have a good one! :P

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skelly34

@SolidTy:

kk

well done lol

edit: Yep, after reading those I removed it. the article I read stated that after a really confusing development he made a contract with Sony. Now I realize that he simply had an aversion to Microsoft and Xbone to begin with.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidTy

@skelly34: Yeah, Blow had a lot of 'hot air' there for awhile, lol.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@SolidTy: I can't wait for the official premiere of backwards compatibility so that you'd shut up with your parrot-like spiel that only means something semantically but not pragmatically.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy: I can't wait for the official premiere of backwards compatibility so that you'd shut up with your parrot-like spiel that only means something semantically but not pragmatically.

You seem angry. Maybe it's you that should, how did you put it..."shut up"? lol. No need for such vitriol about games.

BTW: BC didn't save the PS3, not that you would know since you never owned one. The PS3 was always BC with PS1, not that you'd know. The initial PS3 was BC with PS2 and PS1, and funny that the later models excised the PS2 BC and sales went up. It looks like price point and games library were more important. You'd think the PS2 was amazing since it was BC, but you skipped that machine too. The Wii was BC, but that wasn't your favorite machine. The 360 had incredibly limited BC, but you were just fine with that. Perhaps it's you that seems to pine and hope for a brand instead of just being an objective observer as you should be. It's easy for me, I own all the machines, but you have a horse in the race and every thread you remind everyone you do. Maybe it's you that is concerned with BC when you should be more concerned with current gen game catalogs. Those current releases are selling machines. The Xbone will have a download (HDD space is premium and goes fast and every 360 game is required to be downloaded), game by game basis BC which is limited, but it's nothing like the Wii U BC and guess what, the Wii U is struggling. BC is nice, but it doesn't work miracles.

When the 360 got limited BC I didn't start counting Xbox 1 OG games as an increased for the 360 in those convos back then. I didn't do it for the PS2 back then, the Wii. When the PS3 was BC with PS1 (and early model PS2 units which I had), I never started counting PS1 games in conversations about current game libraries. There's your answer. I think BC is a bonus and it's rad for users that want to wear out their new machines for older games, but I already know my habits. I don't use new machines to play old games, I have my old games for that. Still, I wouldn't knock the feature because some people may enjoy it. I'm not going to rally against BC, but I find your post odd since this thread is about PC ports and you came in here angry, talking about people shutting up, and rambling on like a lunatic about BC.

You brought up a parrot. Don't you feel you are parroting Xbox PR when you go into threads randomly bringing up BC...especially in a thread such as this about PC ports? That's odd.

What about this post made you so angry?

I'm going to quote it and look through it...is it the fact the PS4 has more games? I didn't make that happen, it's just an objective fact. My point was more games = more chances for PC ports. I can't believe that should bring your Xbox wrath. You should try and be a better person and see my point wasn't about game library but about more games equal the chance for more ports a la the 360.

@SolidTy said:

It's kind of humorous, you must admit that you didn't type that much about BC in years past (because the Wii and early PS3 models), but now you are clinging to that BC line like your life depended on it. Just relax. BC has NOTHING to do with this threads premise of PC ports.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

How the **** did PS4 lose SFV?! It was announced for the PC and PS4 simultaneously the previous entry was super legendary multiplat. Gears is going PC btw and Xbox will likely have no real exclusive in the future.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Playstation. Because of japanese games.

Xbone is losing some of it's IP (KI, Fable, Cuphead, Ori, etc), but PS always had a huge amount of japanese support.

Now, games like Neptunia, Tales and Toukiden are on PC. Sure, alot of them are missing, but the point is that pubs are starting to take notice. The issue is that you have to do an entire port instead of just translation, but there's clearly profit in it.

In a couple of years, i fully expect the vast majority of ps4 jp titles to be on PC.

Sony will still have more exclusives, thanks to a bigger first party line up, but if you take away Playstation's Japanese support, you cut off more than half of it's exclusives.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@Legend002 said:

How the **** did PS4 lose SFV?! It was announced for the PC and PS4 simultaneously the previous entry was super legendary multiplat. Gears is going PC btw and Xbox will likely have no real exclusive in the future.

LOL it was never lost it was announced for PC and PS3 at the same time. TC has flawed logic and a seeming hard on for Sony and "cows" so he's desperate to make an example out of them with this silly thread.

Point of note for you TC.

1. Games that are officially announced for both console and PC from the start are can not be "lost".

2. The reason people say xbox one games are "lost" is because games have initially come out being called xbox exclusives only to get a PC port a little way down the line. Thus lost, PS4 doesn't have that problem and you will never make a point of that with this thread.

3. It isn't that PS4 doesn't have a lot of PS4 to PC games, it's the fact that Xbox one doesn't have many high profile games that aren't tied to PC other than named Halo, Forza, Gears. Same franchises people other than die hard fans are already tired of.

4. PC has "lost" many more of it's exclusives to consoles than the other way around. When it comes to anything that has a smug of quality for PC, the exclusive offerings are on life support for most of it's franchises other than microtansation hell games, RTS and low quality junkware.

5. lol wishing for FFXV huh, yea it does look sweet doesn't it? Thus is the state of PC gaming, hoping for console port to make PC look more attractive.

BIGGEST POINT

6. PS4 has more noteworthy exclusives despite any PS4 to PC games compared to xbox one. This is the biggest reason this thread is flawed, no matter how many PS4 games are shared with PC now it still has many more exclusives coming than xbox one which has nearly all the games worth owning the system for also on PC.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@playharderfool tore TC a new hole. Well, there you go.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@Legend002 said:

@playharderfool tore TC a new hole. Well, there you go.

:) lol

And to exemplify the TC's desperation to defend xbox by posting misleading lists of PS4 games by saying SFV is a "lost" exclusive I'll leave it's announcement reveal here

vs

Maybe TC needs to go back to school and learn what simple words like, "lost" mean before trying to make more arguments.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Skelly34

@playharderfool: Apparently I'm a lem, now.

I just want to see which console makes PC win harder. I don't support any 8th gen console.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/07/04/capcom-talks-street-fighter-5-ps4-sony-partnership/

Sony had a hand in Street Fighter V and is apparently bestest friends with the devs. To the extent they excluded the release from xbone to favor PS4, yet it's still having a PC release. Why isn't it just a PS4 exclusive?

Thanks "based" Sony.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skelly34

@playharderfool said:
@Legend002 said:

LOL it was never lost it was announced for PC and PS3 at the same time. TC has flawed logic and a seeming hard on for Sony and "cows" so he's desperate to make an example out of them with this silly thread.

1. Games that are officially announced for both console and PC from the start are can not be "lost".

2. The reason people say xbox one games are "lost" is because games have initially come out being called xbox exclusives only to get a PC port a little way down the line. Thus lost, PS4 doesn't have that problem and you will never make a point of that with this thread.

3. It isn't that PS4 doesn't have a lot of PS4 to PC games, it's the fact that Xbox one doesn't have many high profile games that aren't tied to PC other than named Halo, Forza, Gears. Same franchises people other than die hard fans are already tired of.

4. PC has "lost" many more of it's exclusives to consoles than the other way around. When it comes to anything that has a smug of quality for PC, the exclusive offerings are on life support for most of it's franchises other than microtansation hell games, RTS and low quality junkware.

5. lol wishing for FFXV huh, yea it does look sweet doesn't it? Thus is the state of PC gaming, hoping for console port to make PC look more attractive.

BIGGEST POINT

6. PS4 has more noteworthy exclusives despite any PS4 to PC games compared to xbox one. This is the biggest reason this thread is flawed, no matter how many PS4 games are shared with PC now it still has many more exclusives coming than xbox one which has nearly all the games worth owning the system for also on PC.

1. Wrong. I suppose a better title would have been "who's losing more IPs" as that is what I meant. I'm looking more at games that Sony and Microsoft secured console exclusivity on, but still gave a PC port. Before you continue derailing this thread and shitposting: I want to clarify something to you:This is not literally about already released games receiving a PC port, this is about Games/IPs/Series that are or were owned/supported/published by Sony or Microsoft that are now receiving a PC port. Sony has a direct influence on the SFV team, so much so they made SFV have console exclusivity, but not platform. It's being published and developed by people (Yoshinori Ono, executive producer of Deep Down (a PS4 exclusive), and Capcom, people who are working specifically with Sony to make a PC/Sony game.

I know this is really hard for you to accept, seeing as you're a hardcore cow and have an Akuma picture as an avater, but SFV counts.

2. True, but a lost exclusive doesn't necessarily mean it had to come out first for a specific platform. Again, a better title would have been "who's losing more IPs" or something. But you'll probably cry "y-you changed the goal post!" so i'll hold off on that for now.

3. And all the PS4 has that isn't tied to PC now is Uncharted, God of War and Horizon. From Software went multiplat and only recently released a PS4 exclusive, if the Souls series stayed on PS3/PS4 then they may have been in a better situation. Demons was the last exclusive on PS3 I gave a **** about.

4. Haha, what? The Witcher 3? Typical, a console gamer once again displaying his ignorance of anything PC. I'm sure PC has given more ports than any other platform, but it doesn't lose in the same way the PS4 doesn't actually lose to Xbox1: raw numbers, it's a much bigger percentage loss for a console game to go to PC than a PC game going to console The PC is basically trading 3-4% of its its indies and aaa games for 50% of the next gen consoles library. It's a really, REALLY one-sided trade.

5. Um, it is? How is it not? I'm not going to buy it, I have actual good taste so I hate every FF game past 6 and tactics.

6. Edit: Actually, yeah. I agree with that.

It still doesn't change the fact that both Sony and Microsoft are following the trend of securing console exclusivity, but then simply releasing a PC port.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

it isn't lost, if it was announcement from day one as PC&PS4 game.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

This question needs to be asked? Exclusive PS4 games aren't going to PC. X1 games are. Do the math.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Ahh I love it. Taking the best games from each console, while they don't give to each other. That insane library lead this gen. That first place.

Xbone One - Fable, TitanFall, Killer Instinct, Teap Cup shit, Pirate game, Dead Rising, Ryse,

PS4 - FF7 remake, Shemue3, SF5, No Man's Sky,

@playharderfool said:

4. This is a flat out lie and disproved by both GS and MC. Console loses out on far more aaa/aa exclusives this gen to PC. PC has an exponential aaa+aa lead at both Gamespot and Metacritic over PS4 or Xbox One. Stop your bullshit. Life Support....have you even seen the exclusive comparison list for this gen?

5. You seem very salty about your distant 2nd place Library. Look at the above. PC doesn't need such things to look attractive. Why do you think It has more gamers and sales(hardware/software) than both of those consoles combined? BloodBorneStation 4 and it's tiny exclusive list won't harm PC.

Seems like you missed E3, where tons of XBONE and PS4 games were also announced on PC, yet not on each other. Winning. Seems like that exponential GS/MC lead will remain. Seems like you're going to have to spout out your factually incorrect lies for a very long time!

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Xbone is losing some of it's IP (KI, Fable, Cuphead, Ori, etc), but PS always had a huge amount of japanese support.

Now, games like Neptunia, Tales and Toukiden are on PC. Sure, alot of them are missing, but the point is that pubs are starting to take notice. The issue is that you have to do an entire port instead of just translation, but there's clearly profit in it.

In a couple of years, i fully expect the vast majority of ps4 jp titles to be on PC.

Sony will still have more exclusives, thanks to a bigger first party line up, but if you take away Playstation's Japanese support, you cut off more than half of it's exclusives.

Don't get the bold.

You make a valid point , as for "losing" the games to PC is not much of a loss for the PS4.

Example:If the PC market is good for them , more games will get released in the west , but at the same time it will lock them in a PS4/PC format.

The same applies to Xbone/PC.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skelly34

@Ant_17 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Don't get the bold.

You make a valid point , as for "losing" the games to PC is not much of a loss for the PS4.

Example:If the PC market is good for them , more games will get released in the west , but at the same time it will lock them in a PS4/PC format.

That's what we're looking at. Series/IPs/Games that were once exclusive to next gen consoles or more or less owned/supported by Sony/Microsoft before taking on PC/PS4 or PC/Xbox1 format.

I don't doubt that Sony will still have a much better exclusive lineup than Microsoft even if they were to PC port exclusive-to-exclusive with them.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Here is the Pirate game, a Rare "console exclusive" Sea of Thieves

http://kotaku.com/rare-is-making-a-pirate-game-and-it-looks-rad-1711432205

Looked kinda cool TBH.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@skelly34 said:
@playharderfool said:
@Legend002 said:

BIGGEST POINT

3. And all the PS4 has that isn't tied to PC now is Uncharted, God of War and Horizon. From Software, a once PS3 exclusive developer, went multiplat and only recently released a PS4 exclusive. demons was the last exclusive on PS3 I gave a **** about.

From Software was never a once PS3 exclusive developer hell they even made a Xbox 360 exclusive and later ported it to PC it was called Ninja Blade which came out the same year as Demon's Souls only a few days apart, not to mention they made that atrocity of a game called Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor exclusively for Xbox 360 kinect. From Software has made an exclusive for all of the Big 3's platforms even Sega Dreamcast got one.

From Software was never PS3 exclusive but you could say they have a lot of history with playstation devices since most of their games were made/released for it.

The funny thing about Demon's Souls and BloodBorne is that Sony had to be involved in order for these games to be made and be exclusive to playstation.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skelly34

@NoodleFighter: they made A PS3 exclusive, which later had a spiritual successor callled Dark Souls become multiplat, but that was just one example.

Sony was considering making them a first party dev, but they ultimately didn't. After seeing their success with Dark Souls, Sony got them back on board to make a PS4 exclusive. I suppose my claim about them being a first party dev was erroneous considering they made a Xbox360 game.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DEadliNE-Zero0

@Ant_17 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Don't get the bold.

This thread is about each console losing exclusive titles to PC.

However, i do agree with you, somewhat. Any exclusive loss is a loss, since it makes the platform less appealing. Ofcourse, by what measure is up to each person. Not everyone wants a pc. Not everyone wants a console. Etc. So in the end, xbox still misses out.

But back on topic, my point is that, when the xbone loses some exclusives, MS either doesn't own the IP, like DR3, Ryse, etc (i expect sunset overdrive eventually), or because they're putting some of them on pc like KI, Fable, Gigantic, Ori, Cuphead, etc.

With Playstation, cases like NMS, Grim Fandango, etc, exist. But with japanese games arw plentiful.

Tales is the recent example. Zestiria is coming to ps4 and ps3, but also pc now. The new one (don't know the name, sorry) is only ps3/ps4, but a PC port is extremely likely now. Same could happen with Persona, Disgaea, etc, etc.

So PS4 ends up losing more games than the xbone in pure raw numbers,BUT, like i said, even with all these losses, Sony's first party (and 3rd party connections) tends to be more fleshed out, so playstation still ends up with more exclusives.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NoodleFighter

@skelly34 said:

@NoodleFighter: they made A PS3 exclusive, which later had a spiritual successor callled Dark Souls become multiplat, but that was just one example.

Sony was considering making them an first party dev, but they ultimately didn't. After seeing their success with Dark Souls, Sony got them back on board to make a PS4 exclusive. I suppose my claim about them being a first party dev was erroneous.

Funny thing how in another thread playharderfool said PC gamers should thank PS3 gamers for adopting Demon's Souls which started the Dark Soul's thing. Demon Souls only managed to sell 1 million it's first year, the sales for bloodborne however are significant improvement since they managed to get that in a month. But since May 2015 Demon's Souls has only sold 1.7 million. Yet he acts like console gamers were buying it in droves this probably explains why Sony didn't bother with making From Software First party.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NoodleFighter

@deadline-zero0: Cuphead and Gigantic were originally for PC first microsoft just game in with the moneyhat on them.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DEadliNE-Zero0

@NoodleFighter said:

@deadline-zero0: Cuphead and Gigantic were originally for PC first microsoft just game in with the moneyhat on them.

Did some search and coud only find Gigantic. Makes sense. Game has numbred hotkey icons in the HUD like a pc game.

Cuphead though, it seems to have been announced for both at the same time.

Funny. This is abit like No Man's Sky and Everyboydy's Gone to Rapture.

The first was announced at the VGX for PC, then for ps4 but we didn't know if it was coming to pc or not. Then we learn it's coming day and date alongside the console.

The latter was announced for PC, then Sony moneyhats it and buys the IP, making it exclusive.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Funny how owning a PC makes X1 redundant but I am the only one in my family with a PC that can run Ryse, DR3 etc. Always leave out that you need a capable PC and that isn't what the majority of consumers have.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cainetao11

@ProtossX said:

PC doesn't have bloodborne, or MLB the show.

So if a PC user likes dark souls games or playing baseball games guess what? He has to go out and buy a ps4 since the ps3 mlb the show is a gimped inferior version so don't even try to use that one ps4 will look and play better "the end"

The PC gamers I know that like Souls games are playing DS and DS2 on PC. Awaiting 3

As a PC gamer I think I could survive without MCC, and Sunset overdrive. I've given up playing online with MCC its not worth my time, my time is valuable and sitting in ques is not my style.

Completely subjective answer.

Sunset overdrive is mediocre trash as far i'm concerned and doesn't even play to my liking at all.

Completely subjective

Like i just said i can't survive without the ps4 games as PC GAMER....I can survive without trash games on xboner. So you do the math and work it out in your head as a pc gamer.

Subjective to your tastes. No math or logic pertaining to others needed

Oh btw i hate racing games and if i wanted a racer id probably play project cars on pc with the 60 fps or whatever 4k i doubt forza looks as good or gives as much value as that.

Have fun, race hard. I'll play FH2 with friends. Still chasing@Salt_The_Fries

So yea im not counting forza or 5 club just due to project cars on pc smothering them. Plus I heard stories of how MS doesn't view games going to PC as bad and that they were hoping to bring MCC/Halo 5/SO/Forza to windows 10 store.

Links to all that you heard?

Like i said do you see SONY bringing bloodborne to windows 10 store? I fucking don't and if that happens XBONE -----> EBAY don't need you anymore in fact maybe they'll shut down the xbox brand it won't be needed either.

You just said above you can live without trash games on xboner. Why haven't you sold it yet? We wont miss you

I hope PS4 crushes this xbone so fucking hard that they keep doing 180's on their garbage tactics or not competing on true exclusives.

Crossplay with PC = YOU DONT NEED AN XBONE period but will need a ps4 learn it and love it.

So crossplay = my uncle's $500 dell laptop can run the games as smoothly as an X1?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cainetao11

@SolidTy: "The 360 had incredibly limited BC" It was over 400 titles. Not the whole catalogue but shit, 400 and everything I owned was BC.

"but you have a horse in the race and every thread you remind everyone you do." -That's a lie dude. I have seen and commented in his threads that criticize MS. Is he a Lem? I would say so. I am also. I have fun with this board and "having a horse" as you say. Does that dictate my purchases completely as a gamer? Well, charizard1605, Heil68, AnimalMother and Eroica are on my PS friends list and have chatted with me on PS4 so I would say no.

I still have my BC fat PS3 and a 250 gig slim. Don't have the shelf space for all though. I like BC for that reason alone. But you are right that isn't this thread's purpose so back to sushi and reading!!!

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@cainetao11: I can't sell my x1 im locked into the eco system.

I bought MCC/Dead Rising 3/DA:I/Advanced Warfare all digitally if i were to sell the console I would have to give the people my xbl account...So i can't trust other people with having my name or something so all my games would unsellable.

I'm basically never buying digitally again and since buying the ps4 I've went exclusively back to physical copies of games on amazon for the ps4. Ill never buy digitally again on a ecosystem i don't trust especially MS/Sony i trust steam an GoG. I'm not buying anymore multiplats on xbone after picking up my ps4 and never buying a digital exclusive in case its broken or something and I need to return it

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@cainetao11: I can't sell my x1. I'm locked into the eco system.

I bought MCC/Dead Rising 3/DA:I/Advanced Warfare all digitally. If i were to sell the console I would have to give someone my xbl account. I can't trust other people with having my name. All of my games are un-sellable.

I'm never buying digitally again and since I've bought the ps4, I've went exclusively back to physical copies of games that I bought from amazon for the ps4. I'll never buy digitally again. I don't trust MS/Sony. I trust Steam an GoG. I'm not buying anymore multiplats on xbone after picking up my ps4. I will never buy a digital copy of a game in case I need to return it.

It's too exhausting.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NoodleFighter

@deadline-zero0 said:
@NoodleFighter said:

Did some search and coud only find Gigantic. Makes sense. Game has numbred hotkey icons in the HUD like a pc game.

Cuphead though, it seems to have been announced for both at the same time.

Funny. This is abit like No Man's Sky and Everyboydy's Gone to Rapture.

The first was announced at the VGX for PC, then for ps4 but we didn't know if it was coming to pc or not. Then we learn it's coming day and date alongside the console.

The latter was announced for PC, then Sony moneyhats it and buys the IP, making it exclusive.

Gigantic developers talked about the contract they recently made with Microsoft in January. If you look in 2014 when Cuphead devs were making the switch from XNA to Unity they talked about how after a PC release they would like to make Linux, Mac and Console versions of the game.

To be honest at this point considering how console 3rd party exclusives are dwindling significantly I am convinced that Sony and Microsoft have set up a camp infront of Steam storepage and PC Gaming news sites to see what they can moneyhat for their own consoles.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

In terms of number of titles probably Sony, but who is losing a larger percentage/proportion of their body of exclusives then it's Microsoft.

I think the biggest change in this regard is trends in Japanese publishing to port games to PC. I wouldn't be surprised if down the road soon we learn Persona 5 is getting a PC release, after all Atlus is now under Sega and Sega has already stated they're going to have a strong PC focus. I can't imagine Sony gamers would actually care though, first off it's a great game and deserves more exposure, but most importantly it won't be on their rival's console.

I feel most console fanboys care less if titles are on PC, rather care more they're not on the other's console. And if they do care if a title is on PC it's only to damage control that something isn't on their favored console.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

In terms of number of titles probably Sony, but who is losing a larger percentage of their exclusives then it's Microsoft.

I think the biggest change in this regard is trends in Japanese publishing to port games to PC.

So its clear:PS4 will lose the most games , but Xbone will lose the most % of they're exclusives/3rd or 1st not clear/.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skelly34

@Ant_17 said:
@lamprey263 said:

In terms of number of titles probably Sony, but who is losing a larger percentage of their exclusives then it's Microsoft.

I think the biggest change in this regard is trends in Japanese publishing to port games to PC.

So its clear:PS4 will lose the most games , but Xbone will lose the most % of they're exclusives/3rd or 1st not clear/.

Correct.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cainetao11

@ProtossX said:

@cainetao11: I can't sell my x1 im locked into the eco system.

I bought MCC/Dead Rising 3/DA:I/Advanced Warfare all digitally if i were to sell the console I would have to give the people my xbl account...So i can't trust other people with having my name or something so all my games would unsellable.

I'm basically never buying digitally again and since buying the ps4 I've went exclusively back to physical copies of games on amazon for the ps4. Ill never buy digitally again on a ecosystem i don't trust especially MS/Sony i trust steam an GoG. I'm not buying anymore multiplats on xbone after picking up my ps4 and never buying a digital exclusive in case its broken or something and I need to return it

Ahh horse piss. Wipe the console clean, sell it. Close your MS account be done with them. You know how many times in my life I had to just let go? Your excuses are your own. You piss and moan about how bad they are and you do have an option to leave them but instead you play

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11: It was in context amigo, BC context with previous BC machines.

Limited BC in the 360 by comparison to how BC worked in previous gens with the Atari 5200, PS2, Wii, Wii U, and even PS3 was limited after the intial run, that said, the PS1 BC in the PS3 was not limited as the 360 was. I had titles for my Xbox that didn't work on the 360, I could not transfer my Xbox 1 OG saves to my 360, and the 360 BC was buggy/glitchy in Xbox titles on 360 (Halo 2 BC was great and was finely tuned though by Bungie themselves). The 360 BC emulation had it's limits, which is what I meant about limited. That said, the BC in the 360 may not be so limited by comparison to the BC in the final product of the Xbone (which required HDD space, a download, emulation, and may or may not be buggy.) I think right now the BC list is 20 for beta testeres and they want to get it up to 100 games. By comparison, the 360's limited BC at that time may seem a godsend. We just don't know yet.

For example. Limited takes a lot of forms, including how the game runs, if you can transfer your saves, how many games are BC (I believe the last percentage I saw for the 360 was about 50% of the titles). That means out of roughly 800 Xbox games, the 360 can only play 400ish. That's half and again you know that, and that 360 BC was limited (especially compared to say the Wii or PS2). Some Xbox games on the 360 BC list were removed because they were too buggy. I remember having this discussion here in SW years ago because a Star Wars games was removed. BC for the 360 was announced and then 360 BC quietly dropped shortly after with the last update in Nov 2007 according to Xbox.com. We have no idea if something similar will happen with Xbone's BC. Quietly dropping support a year or two from now? I imagine by that time, we will have so many current gen Xbone titles on the market it won't matter as BC is really a stop gap used for new consoles. Then we compare BC like what we saw in the Wii and early PS3 models, and even later PS3 models looking at PS1.

Salty stood by Xbone even when M$ said this two years ago: "Microsoft: 'If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards'". Under Spencer they've changed their tune on BC (which I think is good), but Salty needs to decide what his stance on BC really is because he sure as hell isn't parading around the forums for the Wii, Wii U, PS2, PS3, but instead accepted the limited BC of the 360 and now the new BC Xbone announcement (which has yet to be determined if buggy with certain games). Either way, BC has no place in a PC port thread.

Of course, I think we are treading on old material. You know this and my message was directed only to Salty who thinks suddenly BC is such a huge deal this generation shortly after Xbox E3 2015. My point still remains that BC didn't save the Wii U, or the PS3, or the Atari 5200. Really though, BC was never a point I wanted to discuss. He brought it up in a thread about PC ports, and talked briefly about it, I just wanted to answer the TC about ports and why I believe the machine with the most games stands the most chance to have more ports (especially with PC friendly architectures like the Xbone and PS4). In this case, the PS4 has about 100 more current gen games therefore more ports in theory should come to PC. For whatever reason, Salty brought up 360 BC in a PC port thread. He forgot what kind of thread we were in.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

If Microsoft can sell games in its store on both Windows 10 and Xbox One they will sell most games on both as they make money either way.

i_am_battlecry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 i_am_battlecry
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

Never will catch TLOU, LBP, BloodBorne, Until Dawn, MLB, Infamous, Killzone, Knack, Rancher and Clank, Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last Guardian, God of War, WarHawk, Resistance or any SCEA 1st party or 3rd party ips fully owned by Sony come to PC.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Tough for Sony Fan to lose games when they haven't had a good one since March of last year.