PS4 vs. Xbox One vs. PC new comparison

  • 49 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

PS4
1) Naughty dog, Sony Santa Monica, Quantic dream, Insomniac
2) Lower price
3) 50 % more powerful GPU
4) The structure , which reduces the time during which the data is overwritten back from the cache memory to the graphics processor .
5) The structure, which allows to set priorities in multiple layers on arithmetic and graphic processes.
6) A function that causes the CPU to take on pre-treatment processes GPU.
7) hUMA
8) The structure that realizes high-speed transfer of data between the central (CPU) and graphics (GPU) processors.
9) A high-speed memory
10) The headphone jack in controller
11) Support
Second-hand Games


Xbox One:
1) The mythical esram that can not be stored up to 6 GB of tile resources , 6Gb RAM anyway will be needed, and the pumping speed is negligible for data streaming .
Everyone who works with eSRAM xboxone to speak in one voice that the whole system is made very, very bad, but on paper it looked good.
PS4 is much better designed, it is a fact .
eSRAM thing of the past , the main vector of development is aimed at the unification of memory, the shared address space , etc., and not in the segmentation , as in xboxone.
Another purpose of this eSRAM frame buffer , as to him most applications because of slow DDR3. And as the size is very small, the MSAA is not fit, and low resolution . It places tiled resources almost not (and how to plant , and generally do not ) .
So Crytek, making exclusive Ryse, do not use DX11.2, but remained on the DX11.1
Microsoft simply repeated the old trick eSRAM, and just needed to make DDR5 and rejoice. The trick failed , slow DDR3 + 32Mb eSRAM not be compared even with 256bit DDR5, what there talking about 512bit. Developers can not even say that will slow xboxone more , the lack of power or gpu memory lane .

cons PC
Poor optimization and bugs due to the high fragmentation of iron
Game developers write games for the PC in a high- api , which reduces performance by 5 times.
No optimization of iron and accurate lists
Baud rendering commands from CPU to GPU approximately 2.5-3 times lower than the outgoing generation consoles , but in comparison with nekstgenom 20-30 times , at times it may reduce performance especially in multi-core systems
There is no shared memory
Sound CPU costs . CPU load even if it is 100% sound not only able to reach the level of the console , as for the audio it is not highly effective.
All of this causes each year apgredit PC. And normal pc game goes for $ 2000
And for the money to settle for multiplatform with poor sound and bugs . And no high-budget exclusives.

#2 Edited by Frozzik (3421 posts) -

And the prize for most ignorant post of the day goes to....

Strange that a pc running a 7870 can match a PS4 on Battlefield 4 and CoD Ghosts and AC Black Flag. Yet you say it needs to be 5x as powerfull?? Hmmm

#3 Posted by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

Who is registered on neogaf and gametrailers, please copy-paste this post there too

#4 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (1122 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:

Who is registered on neogaf and gametrailers, please copy-paste this post there too

created Alternative accounts, seems desperate to put Xbox One down

yep thats you.

#5 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:
And normal pc game goes for $ 2000

I'm getting a feeling your comparison isn't entirely true...

#6 Posted by adamosmaki (9783 posts) -

Yeap that is exactly how i feel

#7 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:

Who is registered on neogaf and gametrailers, please copy-paste this post there too

And spread your idiocy ? No thanks.

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (31524 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@xsrr11 said:
And normal pc game goes for $ 2000

I'm getting a feeling your comparison isn't entirely true...

Everyone knows all gaming PCs cost 2k

#9 Posted by tdkmillsy (1647 posts) -

congratulation's for making the most stupid post I've read today.

30 seconds I cant get back and another for replying.

Please take your crap elsewhere

#10 Posted by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

@Frozzik:

Complete identity of the PC version, except the resolution, "a lot of blur and crisp texture, poor contrast" it's a bug in the video recording and screenshot, and everyone knows that. how to buy and install the PS4 look at TV picture will be super fine and contrast, also is the starting projects and development was carried out not in the final devkit and drivers, and the engine is currentgen, and it multiplatform

New is not final Mantle, who just less low lewel api compared with console api (so GPU different price ranges and some of the different architecture GKN), so here's one 290h (which by the way is weaker than titan) is stronger than most of the 4 titan in b4

#11 Posted by Frozzik (3421 posts) -

@xsrr11: I can't even make any sense of this. I'd just quit now before you make a bigger fool of yourself, friendly advice.

#12 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

Oh, threads like this. I love how they have title openings in which you hope they have complete bias reasoning, but then they quickly run into touting the Playstation, the same one that is getting ripped apart with mediocre reviews.

#13 Edited by ronvalencia (15493 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:
PS4
1) Naughty dog, Sony Santa Monica, Quantic dream, Insomniac
2) Lower price
3) 50 % more powerful GPU
4) The structure , which reduces the time during which the data is overwritten back from the cache memory to the graphics processor .
5) The structure, which allows to set priorities in multiple layers on arithmetic and graphic processes.
6) A function that causes the CPU to take on pre-treatment processes GPU.
7) hUMA
8) The structure that realizes high-speed transfer of data between the central (CPU) and graphics (GPU) processors.
9) A high-speed memory
10) The headphone jack in controller
11) Support

Second-hand Games

Xbox One:
1) The mythical esram that can not be stored up to 6 GB of tile resources , 6Gb RAM anyway will be needed, and the pumping speed is negligible for data streaming .
Everyone who works with eSRAM xboxone to speak in one voice that the whole system is made very, very bad, but on paper it looked good.
PS4 is much better designed, it is a fact .
eSRAM thing of the past , the main vector of development is aimed at the unification of memory, the shared address space , etc., and not in the segmentation , as in xboxone.
Another purpose of this eSRAM frame buffer , as to him most applications because of slow DDR3. And as the size is very small, the MSAA is not fit, and low resolution . It places tiled resources almost not (and how to plant , and generally do not ) .
So Crytek, making exclusive Ryse, do not use DX11.2, but remained on the DX11.1
Microsoft simply repeated the old trick eSRAM, and just needed to make DDR5 and rejoice. The trick failed , slow DDR3 + 32Mb eSRAM not be compared even with 256bit DDR5, what there talking about 512bit. Developers can not even say that will slow xboxone more , the lack of power or gpu memory lane .
cons PC
Poor optimization and bugs due to the high fragmentation of iron
Game developers write games for the PC in a high- api , which reduces performance by 5 times.
No optimization of iron and accurate lists
Baud rendering commands from CPU to GPU approximately 2.5-3 times lower than the outgoing generation consoles , but in comparison with nekstgenom 20-30 times , at times it may reduce performance especially in multi-core systems
There is no shared memory
Sound CPU costs . CPU load even if it is 100% sound not only able to reach the level of the console , as for the audio it is not highly effective.
All of this causes each year apgredit PC. And normal pc game goes for $ 2000
And for the money to settle for multiplatform with poor sound and bugs . And no high-budget exclusives.

http://gearnuke.com/dice-mantle-playstation-4-will-drive-frostbite-development-going-forward/

Johan Anderson’s address on PlayStation 4 and Mantle transcribed:

We do have to build and continue to maintain our OpenGL and DirectX rendering path but we really try to avoid limiting ourselves to what we can do in those APIs. So I think going forward, the main things to drive the design we have in Frostbite and the type of optimisations we will do, will be what we can do with Mantle, and also what we can do with PS4. PS4 also has its own graphics API that’s really quite programmable and really a lot of good control and performance from it, so we can share concepts, methods and various types of hardware level optimisations between those and see where we end up with that, which is quite exciting.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20131113/amd-mantle-first-interesting-slides-and-details-target-100k-draw-calls-per-frame/

"Mantle is a low and high level API: some parts of Mantle are lower than OpenGL and Direct3D while other parts are similar to what OpenGL/D3D offer"

#14 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:
Sound CPU costs . CPU load even if it is 100% sound not only able to reach the level of the console , as for the audio it is not highly effective.

It's 2013, not the 90s.

Your entire post was just plain wrong, mosconceptions and lies. This was the only one I could really be bothered commenting on because it took the least effort and you're not worth extra.

#15 Posted by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

lol. M$ forum.

#16 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@xsrr11 said:
And normal pc game goes for $ 2000

I'm getting a feeling your comparison isn't entirely true...

Everyone knows all gaming PCs cost 2k

Sure, but if games start costing that much too... we can act even more elitist and rich.

#17 Posted by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

@-Unreal-: it started with vista

#18 Posted by lunar1122 (687 posts) -

pathetic sony cowboy. Fail thread

#19 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

And this is why cows get a bad name. LOL

#21 Edited by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:

Who is registered on neogaf and gametrailers, please copy-paste this post there too

You seem to have a mental illness, please seek medical advice.

Oh wait, who am I kidding? It's just another Davekeeh alt.

#22 Edited by menes777 (2643 posts) -

For some reason this guy seems like a LazySloth, Zombiekiller, troll alt.

#23 Posted by MK-Professor (3882 posts) -

Not even loosingENDS doesn't make topics like this.

#24 Posted by super600 (31001 posts) -

The OP for this thread is really bad. Can you summarize your OP Tc because it is kinda hard to understand.

#25 Edited by GarGx1 (3126 posts) -

TL:DR version of OP's post

PS4 - It's the most awesome thing ever to exist and I want it to have my babies

Xbox One - I'm a Sony drone and Sony are better than MS, so there

PC - It's far more powerful than the new consoles .... I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!

#26 Edited by Motokid6 (6196 posts) -

Tc is any of that... english?

#27 Edited by naz99 (1728 posts) -

@GarGx1: Haha pretty much this... I would give you a thumbs up if I could.

Why oh why do you raging fanboys make it so easy for us to make you look like clueless fools...when you aint self owning of course.

#28 Edited by clyde46 (47393 posts) -

I like how its all positive for the PS4 yet all negative for the PC and X1.

#29 Posted by haberman13 (2414 posts) -

PC the superior platform confirmed by reversing the stupid in OP?

#30 Edited by NFJSupreme (5399 posts) -

And people wonder why we call consolites pleabs and say we are the master race. When you got idiots like the TC making threads for consolites how can we not feel superior?

#31 Edited by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:
normal pc game goes for $ 2000

Proof that a normal PC game is $2000?

#32 Posted by Jankarcop (10282 posts) -

my pc games cost $50 trillion dollars dumbass

#34 Posted by Liquid_ (2938 posts) -

im just gona slide this in here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

i dont think any of those games on consoles cost less than the bundle's total cost

#36 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

look at this. what a joke of a thread with almost no factual information, and a huge bias for the ps4.

what is the reason to own ps4? i'll give you a clue - it's not it's library of retail exclusives.

pc is superior, hands down. for $2000 I could build two fantastic PCs.

#37 Edited by zdr22 (10 posts) -

he's right, and you all only batthert, and no any argument

Stupid child butthurt

#38 Edited by lostrib (41788 posts) -

@zdr22 said:

he's right, and you all only batthert, and no any argument

Stupid child butthurt

an alt of an alt? That's just sad

#39 Edited by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

@zdr22 said:

he's right, and you all only batthert, and no any argument

Stupid child butthurt

and yet here you are replying to yourself.

Your keyboard must be butthurt as well considering the amount of spelling mistakes.

#40 Posted by zdr22 (10 posts) -

@lostrib:

WAT?

#41 Posted by zdr22 (10 posts) -

@darksusperia:

you're nerd

#42 Edited by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

@zdr22 said:

@darksusperia:

you're nerd

you're A nerd..

#43 Posted by zdr22 (10 posts) -

Fuck yeah. uncharted. more butthurt billyboys

#44 Edited by cdr33 (11 posts) -

like cod, b4, dead rising 3 etc,

xbox does not have DOF BOKEH, and has 720p

#45 Posted by kraken2109 (13196 posts) -

At least the other trolls can write in English.

#46 Edited by xsrr11 (32 posts) -

Well done Crytek, now make a good Crysis for ps4

#47 Posted by BSC14 (4046 posts) -

@xsrr11:

Your entire PC section is so funny.

I got a fact for you....I'm running BF4 (just as an example) on a 1.5 year old system and it looks, runs and is better in every way than ANY console version INCLUDING PS4.

Regardless of what you would like to believe, PC IS the ultimate platform. And while you're playing on your static hardware for the next 8 years we will be enjoying higher res, higher aa, better textures and mouse and keyboard. Every generation is the same....this will be no exception.

There is no competition for PC....that is a fact.

#48 Posted by Jamex1987 (2187 posts) -

@Frozzik: Since when is DDR3 slow? What do you think PCs are using for memory today?

#49 Posted by lostrib (41788 posts) -

@xsrr11 said:

Well done Crytek, now make a good Crysis for ps4

Lol, yeah right. Crytek hasn't made a good game since Warhead

#50 Edited by wis3boi (31903 posts) -