PS4 tops Wii U Lifetime Sales in US

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

Gen 8 Hardware Totals (US):

XOne 105,228 (-43%) 1,944,688

PS4 90,336 (-44%) 2,110,642

WiiU 24,547 (-66%) 2,086,724

Top 5

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360) Activision, Shooter 116,360

2. Grand Theft Auto V (X360) Take-Two Interactive, Action 107,602

3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Take-Two Interactive, Action 74,665

4. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3) Activision, Shooter 71,892

5. NBA 2K14 (X360) Take-Two Interactive, Sports 54,204

PS4 have dominate the US........WiiU.....lol.

PS4: "Hey Wii U! On your Right!" (1 week later) Xbone: "Wii U, on your left!

#2 Posted by trugs26 (5316 posts) -

I don't know why you posted the top 5. Seems irrelevant to what your thread is about (there aren't even any PS4 games in the top 5).

Also, you're using VGChartz. I know the PS4 will top the Wii U soon, but you should at least wait until official numbers to make a thread about it.

#3 Posted by Telekill (4433 posts) -

It's a really close race between PS4 and X1 here in America, which is great. I imagine it'll be close between the two for the entire time they are primary consoles. Last gen 360 pretty much had a death grip on America. I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

Yes, the worst i heard from a friend was 8, and I gave him the look that I thought he was a full on tard.

#4 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

How many of these threads need to be made? No one cares about the Wii U. Not now, then, or ever.

#5 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

F*ckin stop using VGhartz.

#6 Posted by david61983 (155 posts) -

@Telekill said:

It's a really close race between PS4 and X1 here in America, which is great. I imagine it'll be close between the two for the entire time they are primary consoles. Last gen 360 pretty much had a death grip on America. I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

Yes, the worst i heard from a friend was 8, and I gave him the look that I thought he was a full on tard.

I don't think it will be that close this time around. The PS4 should win easily. It's the more powerful console, is a $100 cheaper, and wasn't released a year after the Xbox like last gen.

#7 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7262 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

I went through six and decided to try PC gaming instead. Microsoft didn't have anything I couldn't live without, and if something goes wrong with my PC, I'll just open it up and fix it. My 360 experience was immensely frustrating - beyond what I was willing to tolerate. If people really loved the games and online community, I can see the reason they may put up with it.

#8 Posted by Speak_Low (978 posts) -

B-bu-but the Winter snowstorm didn't allow people to go out and buy the Wii U!!

B-bu-but people are waiting for Mario Kart 8 that's why!!

B-bu-but the kids are in school now and don't have time to game!!

B-bu-but Obama!!

#9 Edited by Telekill (4433 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5: What made you put up with having 6 units though? How many did you have to pay for until Microsoft changed their ways and realized they better start upping customer service by footing the bill?

#10 Edited by Speak_Low (978 posts) -

B-bu-but Wii U has the biggest and best library of the three right now - Forbes and CNN said so!!

B-bu-but Wii U has free online - that will help!!

B-bu-but Wii U will do better with Wii U Fit and Wii U Party just like the old days!!

United States has good taste. They bought real next-gen consoles that actually has third-party support and lots of games scheduled deep into the next five years.

#11 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

WiiU is still around?

#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (87843 posts) -

PS4 proves that hype and marketing can sell anything regardless of how many good pieces of software it has.

The Wii U proves that most gamers these days don't want high-quality, fun games... they want cinematic, high-production value movies that play themselves between set-pieces.

#13 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

People obviously don't care about gaming.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

Exposed!

#15 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

Nintendo right now:

#16 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

How many of these threads need to be made? No one cares about the Wii U. Not now, then, or ever.

I care!....

Ok, I could not say that with a straight face!

#17 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Nintendo right now:

The problem is that they probably have no idea why =( I want to see them succeed because if they fail they will probably make shovelware mobile games, that would suck.

#18 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2463 posts) -
#19 Edited by handssss (1827 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

Nintendo right now:

The problem is that they probably have no idea why =( I want to see them succeed because if they fail they will probably make shovelware mobile games, that would suck.

why would they stop making handheld games or systems if their half-assed console efforts finally caught up to them?

#20 Edited by Speak_Low (978 posts) -
#21 Edited by SonySoldier-_- (720 posts) -

Tops it in just a mere two months is whats impressive for PS4 and very concerning for Wii U.

#22 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Sony Domination Continuation

#23 Posted by mariokart64fan (19389 posts) -

first of all to early to say anything remember ps3 , ya sit back and play your games sales don't mean jack at least wii had both fronts covered ,lol lets look at ps4s library ya what that one person said that people will pay for junk due to hype but wont budge for the real games which is a shame because they did the same thing to gc and forced Nintendo into making wii ,

#24 Edited by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

XOne 105,228 (-43%) 1,944,688

PS4 90,336 (-44%) 2,110,642

LOL VGChartz, though.

#25 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2409 posts) -

Don't care.I'm just waiting for Mario kart and smash bros.

#26 Posted by clr84651 (5392 posts) -

@Telekill said:

They put up with broken 360s over & over, because they're Americans. They bought the 360 more because they're Americans. They continue to support MS because they're Americans. Some with intelligence that saw MS pull the anti-consumer BS finally had enough & are switching.

#27 Posted by TwistedShade (3155 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@Telekill said:

They put up with broken 360s over & over, because they're Americans. They bought the 360 more because they're Americans. They continue to support MS because they're Americans. Some with intelligence that saw MS pull the anti-consumer BS finally had enough & are switching.

You sound so mad it's not even funny.

People put up with Microsoft because as I recall for the first half of last generation Sony completely flopped. Between releasing terrible games, their terrible UI, terrible online services, and finally that high price tag.

#28 Posted by tormentos (17327 posts) -

PS4 proves that hype and marketing can sell anything regardless of how many good pieces of software it has.

The Wii U proves that most gamers these days don't want high-quality, fun games... they want cinematic, high-production value movies that play themselves between set-pieces.

Yeah because the xbox one has this great line up of games it has 5 games that score 10 every where the PS4 is sad...

The xbox one is been sold out there with nothing but garbage games and inferior multiplatforms,yet you say nothing odd isn't.?

#29 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

PS4 dominating the Xbox One despite having not much units to sell.

#30 Posted by Blabadon (26033 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Yeah because the xbox one has this great line up of games it has 5 games that score 10 every where the PS4 is sad...

The xbox one is been sold out there with nothing but garbage games and inferior multiplatforms,yet you say nothing odd isn't.?

When did he say anything about the Xbox One?

#31 Edited by foxhound_fox (87843 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Wow, butthurt about the Bone? I didn't even remotely bring up anything Microsoft of Xbox related... and somehow you take the conversation there.

#32 Posted by Telekill (4433 posts) -

@clr84651: I'm American and have only owned an Xbox for one month. It was the first Xbox when Halo 2 released. Live was such a horrible community that i sold the system after only one month. I wrote them off since and haven't regretted it.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (43607 posts) -

Everyone knew that was going to happen.

#34 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7262 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@YearoftheSnake5: What made you put up with having 6 units though? How many did you have to pay for until Microsoft changed their ways and realized they better start upping customer service by footing the bill?

At the time, many of my friends had 360s and we played several games online regularly. I had an extended warranty from Best Buy, which allowed me to simply trade the system in for a new one whenever it broke at no cost to me. I renewed the warranty before the two years was up, but before it could expire again, I gave up on the platform. I got tired of taking it in, backing up my data(Best Buy HAD to take the HDD for some reason), and crossing my fingers that the next one might not break.

#35 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9959 posts) -

Ummm Wii proved that last gen. Been living under a rock much.

#36 Posted by Chutebox (36763 posts) -

I laughed. Good shit.

#37 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Do you have a better source to use?

#38 Posted by charizard1605 (56271 posts) -

VGChartz again? Ya'all are fucking idiots.

#39 Posted by foxhound_fox (87843 posts) -

@W1NGMAN- said:

Ummm Wii proved that last gen. Been living under a rock much.

The Wii had good games. Not any good third party offerings, but a lot of excellent first party. Haven't been living under a rock at all.

#40 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Considering anybody with even a small fraction of a brain cell saw this coming, I am not sure why this news worthy of a thread. So... Thanks Captain Obvious.

#41 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

People obviously don't care about gaming.

Or they are over last gen and are ready to move on.

#42 Edited by AzatiS (7348 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

I don't know why you posted the top 5. Seems irrelevant to what your thread is about (there aren't even any PS4 games in the top 5).

Also, you're using VGChartz. I know the PS4 will top the Wii U soon, but you should at least wait until official numbers to make a thread about it.

VGchartz is on point as we speak , weird but true.

#43 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Sad, considering the Wii U's lineup absolutely shits on the PS4's at the moment.

#44 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Or maybe people just want an actual next gen system with proper online and decent looking multiplats and 3rd party support. Nintendo first party is awesome but they aren't a sole reason to buy a console especially when the console has shit 3rd party support with mediocre hardware and online infrastructure. Nintendo failed to do their homework before releasing the WiiU, it isn't 2006 anymore that shit won't fly, and that's why the WiiU is struggling

#45 Posted by tormentos (17327 posts) -

Wow, butthurt about the Bone? I didn't even remotely bring up anything Microsoft of Xbox related... and somehow you take the conversation there.

Exactly and that is the reason why you are a biased fanboy,bitter much because the PS4 is winning..? lol

Is not what you mention is what you don't in your sentence.

@Blabadon said:

When did he say anything about the Xbox One?

Exactly he didn't is call single out when you claim sony is selling PS4 without games,but don't even name MS in the same sentence doing the same yeah you are single out sony,either way is Foxhound Fox we know hes angle dude.

Sad, considering the Wii U's lineup absolutely shits on the PS4's at the moment.

It has 1 year head start it should,it also the same vs the xbox one to,sadly enough if you are interested in anything multiplatform or online play the Wii U by far is the crappiest console of the 3 by far.

#46 Posted by Blabadon (26033 posts) -

Tormentos, one day you will grow up and see how sad you really are.

#47 Edited by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Do you have a better source to use?

No, therefore I only use MediaCreate, NDP (for Japan and NA only) and their quarterly reports. Everything else is moot and exactly as valid as you or me saying X sold Y amount on this specific week. Simple as that.

#48 Edited by Speak_Low (978 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Or maybe people just want an actual next gen system with proper online and decent looking multiplats and 3rd party support. Nintendo first party is awesome but they aren't a sole reason to buy a console especially when the console has shit 3rd party support with mediocre hardware and online infrastructure. Nintendo failed to do their homework before releasing the WiiU, it isn't 2006 anymore that shit won't fly, and that's why the WiiU is struggling

Also they keep misusing the definition of hype and applying it to Sony. Hype means people buy lots of something quickly, but then it dies down fast, which describes the Wii U: sold a lot at launch, then died in January-March when it was plentifully available in every store.

PS4 is sold out now (only a few lucky people might find a batch here or there) and major retailers are already taking new waiting lists and telling people to wait until possibly March for the next shipment. That is crazy and unheard of - there was never a second waiting list for Wii U.

So Wii U was/is available everywhere and still selling badly (HYPE) and PS4 is in genuine demand but cannot be stocked fast enough.

Nintendo is master of hype and fad - they had so many casuals who bought their Wii console, then abandoned them, which explains why the current Wii U install base is so low and feels empty. Nintendo is a brand name built on hype, because after the rabid casuals get their quick fix and gnaw out the core, they leave behind an empty husk.

#49 Posted by KBFloYd (13283 posts) -

shit....oh well.

back to 3rd place i guess.

its nintendos fault....not the hardware imo...

its lack of online in games...pikmin3 could of had online...same for mario 3d world...no voice chat...no friend invites..virtual console is a joke(why not just put all the games already)...300$ with no harddrive...
no must have games the whole year except nsmbU and 3d world. ps4/xbox sold on call of duty battlefield and fanboys alone.

#50 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6767 posts) -

Welp, that was quick.

Hopefully the PS4 gets some better games so that I can justify a purchase in the near future.