PS4= too much power

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -
Wtf is this? Heils digital boner can not be contained... is there any fact here to comment on or is this just another cow pi$$ing thread.TheEroica
The barn busting user mr.erotica is here to give you the butthurt you all deserve, strap on your seat belts cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride, domination sold separately.
#52 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

PS4 is unannounced?

#53 Posted by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]Wtf is this? Heils digital boner can not be contained... is there any fact here to comment on or is this just another cow pi$$ing thread.Heil68
WOOT WOOT Strap one on fellas and for you Erotica, put on the strap on! It's going to be a wild muther fuking thrill ride, pedal to the metal and bawls to the muther fuking WALL. Its gonna be SICK.

Heil has got it right, one rollercoaster barn busting factory mashing stadium tearin experience, check your parachute cause it's gonna be a long fall to the domination, prepare for the space risin' planet destroyin butthurt.

#54 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

We don't know how powerful the PS4 is.

darkdude2k12

You're right. We don't. I'm willing to bet my house that it's twice if not 3 times as powerful as the PS3. Graphics have not reached their peak. We've said since the Dreamcast that "graphics won't get better". Guess what? They are.

Everyone knew graphics would get better back in those days. We just couldn't imagine it. There's a difference. Like now we know they'll get better but we don't know how much better.

But graphics progression has to come to an end eventually

#55 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

I agree

Cheleman

Will wonders never cease :o

#56 Posted by parkurtommo (27069 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

I agree

spiderluck

Will wonders never cease :o

The wonders won't cease until the muffin baking' dog barkin' domination stops. But it never stops because of mr.erotica's never endin', time travelin', butthurt to the mutherf*kin' WALL
#57 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Do you guys think Last of Us could run on Xbox 720?Magescrew
Yeah but only on sub hd with sub 30fps gameplay, screen tearing, no aa, and low res textures

so better than the ps3 version...Edit...damn beaten

#58 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I'm surprised none of the "Glorious PC Gamer Master Race!" folks have entered this topic yet. inb4 TC quotes this and somehow insults both sheep and herms in one post.
#59 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]Wtf is this? Heils digital boner can not be contained... is there any fact here to comment on or is this just another cow pi$$ing thread.parkurtommo

WOOT WOOT Strap one on fellas and for you Erotica, put on the strap on! It's going to be a wild muther fuking thrill ride, pedal to the metal and bawls to the muther fuking WALL. Its gonna be SICK.

Heil has got it right, one rollercoaster barn busting factory mashing stadium tearin experience, check your parachute cause it's gonna be a long fall to the domination, prepare for the space risin' planet destroyin butthurt.

Fvck...Count me in
#60 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -
I'm surprised none of the "Glorious PC Gamer Master Race!" folks have entered this topic yet.1PMrFister
Why should we have anything to say? The stupidity in the first post is so readily apparent that actually commenting on it would only diminish its glorious idiocy.
#61 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
at the moment my Nan is more powerful than the PS4.
#62 Posted by darkdude2k12 (866 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"][QUOTE="super600"]

seanmcloughlin

You're right. We don't. I'm willing to bet my house that it's twice if not 3 times as powerful as the PS3. Graphics have not reached their peak. We've said since the Dreamcast that "graphics won't get better". Guess what? They are.

Everyone knew graphics would get better back in those days. We just couldn't imagine it. There's a difference. Like now we know they'll get better but we don't know how much better.

But graphics progression has to come to an end eventually

When did you actually start gaming? Back in the 5th gen, the PS1 had life-like animation for it's time. The 64 was generally looked at as having blurry and blocky graphics like the Saturn. By the time the Dreamcast launched, we had no clue console gaming would have graphics like that. Look back at NFL 2k and how everyone thought they were real people. It's laughable now. The point is, graphics are getting better and there's no peak to it. Alot of people are being skeptical about "how much better graphics are going to be". It's going to be sharper, more polys, higher framerate, more color, better engines, better effects. You're at least 75 percent right on that one. Props.

#63 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4766 posts) -

So, we know nothing about the PS4, yet we have this thread. What a surprise.

#64 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9766 posts) -
Day fuking 1, no matter the price. Heil68
Nine Hundred and Ninety nine US Dollars?
#65 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

But will it have "the cell"?

archvile_78

It has like, a MILLION cells. And 37 Bluerayz. Wwho needs usless RAM when Blueray has 500GB on ONE DISC.

#66 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="Magescrew"] Yeah but only on sub hd with sub 30fps gameplay, screen tearing, no aa, and low res texturesHeirren

So, same as the PS3 version?

You should have more respect for having the privilege to even OWN a cell processor.

So True. It's the best GPU out there. So much denial here.
#67 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -
Won't be "too much power" when it releases in 2015.
#68 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"]I'm surprised none of the "Glorious PC Gamer Master Race!" folks have entered this topic yet.PannicAtack
Why should we have anything to say? The stupidity in the first post is so readily apparent that actually commenting on it would only diminish its glorious idiocy.

Oh come on, you know you folks can't resist flooding a thread with pics of Crysis running at 1080p at 300fps with anti-aliasing up the wazoo. You guys live for threads like this. :P
#69 Posted by lundy86_4 (43426 posts) -

King of crap? I agree.

#70 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

FollowY0urBliss

It has like, a MILLION cells. And 37 Bluerayz. Wwho needs usless RAM when Blueray has 500GB on ONE DISC.

Oh man, so much power. I'll have to play it in a anti-nuclear bunker to avoid global catastrophe.

#71 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

A console can never have too much power!

#72 Posted by Shinobi120 (5570 posts) -

Sony's not Nintendo. They're not going to launch a next gen console "less powerful" than what's already available.darkdude2k12

Whatever you like it or not, they're going to have to pull a Nintendo & sell each PS4 console at a profit from day one using much cheaper hardware as they can (unless, of course, you don't want to see a 5th playstation console).

I will laugh hard when this guy gets banned.super600

Me too.

#73 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
With the way that Sony is hemorrhaging money, they will be lucky if they can afford to make a cup of tea never mind and powerful console.
#74 Posted by nervmeister (15245 posts) -

...PS4's beyond saying things like "a Next gen console". Fact.

It's shocking to know that you're going to be able to control such power. Fact.

The Last of Us is the best looking upcoming title to launch this gen; and the PS3 hasn't begun to flex it's muscle. Fact.

How in the world is anyone going to prepare for PS4?

I personally have a couple pair O' high tech shades so that the graphics don't scorch my eyes.

Sucks to know how many Pii-U fanboys are creaming their pants in anticipation for a repeat of the 7th gen (or possibly the 6th.) considering the PS4's going to blow everything away annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...the PS3's still king.

darkdude2k12
............Why do you have Midna as an avatar?
#75 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

Oh man, so much power. I'll have to play it in a anti-nuclear bunker to avoid global catastrophe.

I don't that will help much. The power is too awesome. You'll either have to expose yourself to danger, or purchase and set up your PS4 on Earth, and play it from Mars. That much distance SHOULD protect you.
#76 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"] It has like, a MILLION cells. And 37 Bluerayz. Wwho needs usless RAM when Blueray has 500GB on ONE DISC.

FollowY0urBliss

I don't that will help much. The power is too awesome. You'll either have to expose yourself to danger, or purchase and set up your PS4 on Earth, and play it from Mars. That much distance SHOULD protect you.

Fair enough, on day one we'll meet up, set this up and fly to mars where we'll be safe.

#77 Posted by mstrchf12 (246 posts) -
OH DAMN!!! have to invest in a bomb shelter and buy some Kevlar to even think of playin the PS4.....but it will be worth it in the end.....as long as i don't go blind from the awesomest awesome insane graphics that money can buy.......going to wear shades and buy black contacts just to be safe......
#78 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"] It has like, a MILLION cells. And 37 Bluerayz. Wwho needs usless RAM when Blueray has 500GB on ONE DISC.

FollowY0urBliss

I'm trying to set up my own colony (Named GENIUS. GenuinelyEmbracesNIUSony.) on Mars for that very purpose. You're welcome to set up camp with us there. Monthly rent is only 10 reddish-brown rocks a month, with 20 as a security deposit.

#79 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

OH DAMN!!! have to invest in a bomb shelter and buy some Kevlar to even think of playin the PS4.....but it will be worth it in the end.....as long as i don't go blind from the awesomest awesome insane graphics that money can buy.......going to wear shades and buy black contacts just to be safe......mstrchf12
It won't help man. Take the dream trip with me and archvile to Mars. You don't want to turn the ps4 on, die instantly from flawless perfection, and not actually get to enjoy it, do you?

#80 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

FollowY0urBliss

I'm trying to set up my own colony (Named GENIUS. GenuinelyEmbracesNIUSony.) on Mars for that very purpose. You're welcome to set up camp with us there. Monthly rent is only 10 reddish-brown rocks a month, with 20 as a security deposit.

I'll have to collect dem rocks in that case, anything just to avoid death from awesomeness.

#81 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"] I don't that will help much. The power is too awesome. You'll either have to expose yourself to danger, or purchase and set up your PS4 on Earth, and play it from Mars. That much distance SHOULD protect you.archvile_78

I'll have to collect dem rocks in that case, anything just to avoid death from awesomeness.

Eh, you'll find plenty on the surface of Mars. I'm more worried about handling the actual ps4 BEFORE our journey. Like, do you think if I look at it my head will explode? What if I touch it?? Maybe.. after we buy our consoles, we pay someone with console knowledge to take them home and set them up for us, and pay someone else that doesn't really like games to kill that person, in case they try to steal it? Now I'm nervous.
#82 Posted by archvile_78 (8382 posts) -

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"] I'm trying to set up my own colony (Named GENIUS. GenuinelyEmbracesNIUSony.) on Mars for that very purpose. You're welcome to set up camp with us there. Monthly rent is only 10 reddish-brown rocks a month, with 20 as a security deposit.

FollowY0urBliss

Eh, you'll find plenty on the surface of Mars. I'm more worried about handling the actual ps4 BEFORE our journey. Like, do you think if I look at it my head will explode? What if I touch it?? Maybe.. after we buy our consoles, we pay someone with console knowledge to take them home and set them up for us, and pay someone else that doesn't really like games to kill that person, in case they try to steal it? Now I'm nervous.

Stay calm bro, you've got a while before the armageddon of power occurs. You'll need to have more than just your body ready for when PS4 comes out.

#83 Posted by mstrchf12 (246 posts) -

[QUOTE="mstrchf12"]OH DAMN!!! have to invest in a bomb shelter and buy some Kevlar to even think of playin the PS4.....but it will be worth it in the end.....as long as i don't go blind from the awesomest awesome insane graphics that money can buy.......going to wear shades and buy black contacts just to be safe......FollowY0urBliss

It won't help man. Take the dream trip with me and archvile to Mars. You don't want to turn the ps4 on, die instantly from flawless perfection, and not actually get to enjoy it, do you?

Sorry man im willing to be a martyr for playing the PS4 coz i dont think i'll be able to afford a trip to Mars by the time it launches... at least i'll see the boot up screen before i die of happiness holding my DualShock 4 controller which would vibrate so hard my fingers would get fractured just by turning them on....
#84 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Does this guy really have a Midna avy with a quote stating he is playing Nintendo games or did I miss something?

#85 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="mstrchf12"]OH DAMN!!! have to invest in a bomb shelter and buy some Kevlar to even think of playin the PS4.....but it will be worth it in the end.....as long as i don't go blind from the awesomest awesome insane graphics that money can buy.......going to wear shades and buy black contacts just to be safe......mstrchf12

Sorry man im willing to be a martyr for playing the PS4 coz i dont think i'll be able to afford a trip to Mars by the time it launches... at least i'll see the boot up screen before i die of happiness holding my DualShock 4 controller which would vibrate so hard my fingers would get fractured just by turning them on....

You can afford it! Just buy 2 consoles, then ebay the 2nd one for a million dollars. =)
#86 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"]

...PS4's beyond saying things like "a Next gen console". Fact.

It's shocking to know that you're going to be able to control such power. Fact.

The Last of Us is the best looking upcoming title to launch this gen; and the PS3 hasn't begun to flex it's muscle. Fact.

How in the world is anyone going to prepare for PS4?

I personally have a couple pair O' high tech shades so that the graphics don't scorch my eyes.

Sucks to know how many Pii-U fanboys are creaming their pants in anticipation for a repeat of the 7th gen (or possibly the 6th.) considering the PS4's going to blow everything away annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...the PS3's still king.

Jonwh18

How can you possibly claim to know the "facts" about an unannounced console?

cows like any other users in here are able to see the future..didn't you know that?
#87 Posted by darkdude2k12 (866 posts) -

Does this guy really have a Midna avy with a quote stating he is playing Nintendo games or did I miss something?

RyanShazam
You missed nothing. I can't hide my Nintendo love any longer. I miss playing Mario, Zelda and games like Billy Hatcher and DK. I'm no longer angry at Nintendo.
#88 Posted by GarGx1 (2701 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

darkdude2k12

Seriously it'll be twice or even three times more powerful than the PS3? Wow that's just awsome, it'll almost be half as powerful as my PC is right now! :roll:

#89 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

You can never have too much power.

#90 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"][QUOTE="super600"]

GarGx1

Seriously it'll be twice or even three times more powerful than the PS3? Wow that's just awsome, it'll almost be half as powerful as my PC is right now! :roll:

The current PS3 is ALREADY better than your PC. The developers are using primitive game developement techniques that can't tap the ps3's hidden power. Once they reach that point, an ocean's worth of resources will be revealed for them to exploit. Bluray's vast space laughs at whatever meager amount of ddr2 or 3 RAM your pc has. And the Cell powers super computers around the world.
#91 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8761 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

darkdude2k12

You missed nothing. I can't hide my Nintendo love any longer. I miss playing Mario, Zelda and games like Billy Hatcher and DK. I'm no longer angry at Nintendo.

Was it really that hard for you to come out of the closet?

#92 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

darkdude2k12

Cant tell if serious...

#93 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8761 posts) -

[QUOTE="GarGx1"]

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"] You're right. We don't. I'm willing to bet my house that it's twice if not 3 times as powerful as the PS3. Graphics have not reached their peak. We've said since the Dreamcast that "graphics won't get better". Guess what? They are. FollowY0urBliss

The current PS3 is ALREADY better than your PC. The developers are using primitive game developement techniques that can't tap the ps3's hidden power. Once they reach that point, an ocean's worth of resources will be revealed for them to exploit. Bluray's vast space laughs at whatever meager amount of ddr2 or 3 RAM your pc has. And the Cell powers super computers around the world.

35e4cu.jpg

#94 Posted by darkdude2k12 (866 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkdude2k12"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"]

FireEmblem_Man

Was it really that hard for you to come out of the closet?

Well, it really doesn't matter now being that every one from the Wii forum have either put me on their hate list or consider me a buffoon. (Even Meetroid...who had the best avy ever) It wasn't so much coming out of any closet. I was and still are pissed at Nintendo about the Wii. But now I've gotten over it. This began to happen weeks ago once I reserved my Wii-U. The more I say "Nintendo sucks", the more I'm excited about the Wii-U. (Sighs) I feel like I'm having an affair behind the Wii's back.
#95 Posted by FollowY0urBliss (320 posts) -

[QUOTE="FollowY0urBliss"][QUOTE="GarGx1"]

FireEmblem_Man

35e4cu.jpg

Trust me, not serious. lol I'm actually quoting someone that said the thing about the RAM though. Like, he honestly had no idea that format space and RAM were entirely different things. I wish i remembered the name, or had the link...
#96 Posted by lamprey263 (23954 posts) -
let's not pretend the PS4 wouldn't be launching next year if Sony wasn't in such a financial pickle, they're going to get as much out of the PS3 as they can because their options for a next gen console are kind of limited at this point, their best bet is probably to get as much life out of the PS3 as possible, then long after both Nintendo and MS launch their consoles Sony can have an even more powerful one simply by virtue of more powerful technology being cheaper down the road, and they should be able to do that without having to take any financial loss on each unit produced also, don't let the PS3 be any indication of their ability to go all out next gen, the PS3 as great as it is for gamers that appreciate it was a financial burden on Sony for years, if they're going to be making another console it's going to be done with with some financial sensibility and Sony, like Nintendo, has a great asset in their first party development, they won't be needing the most sophisticated technology next gen to give gamers what they've already grown to love, the fans will come to them, more powerful systems IMO are really only beneficial in multiplatform performance, and to that I think MS will try to dominate given they've not nearly the same level of first party support, but still I think the trend in publishing will lead to games being ported across all three consoles and PC, designed with the weakest platform in mind
#97 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"]I'm surprised none of the "Glorious PC Gamer Master Race!" folks have entered this topic yet.1PMrFister

Oh come on, you know you folks can't resist flooding a thread with pics of Crysis running at 1080p at 300fps with anti-aliasing up the wazoo. You guys live for threads like this. :P

Eh, ask the guys with ZP-based sigs about that. I'm all on about this stuff

ADAD03197606DC003B59762785A8F34E4C5472DE

#98 Posted by Heil68 (44560 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] Sweet jesus, am I the only one watching the inmates today? This is a whole new crazy... id strap it on if i didnt break it off in momma heil last night, but good news is we'll get to see if people all over the world will share in your cry to "strap one on" and for you to "tuck it back" next gen... gonna be a fukin thrill ride.

Why did you use on my mom and not me? Don't you like me anymore? :(

Sorry bro... not a gaymer. ;) besides mom gives the vest hand in town... now i know what you mean by "fukin thrill ride"

Awwwwwww yeah...PM for what pedal to the metal references ;)
#99 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Will there even be a PS4?

Sony is quite serious with the 10-year plan for the PS3 and their future may be cloud-only... (see Gaikai)

#100 Posted by PAL360 (26883 posts) -

Do you guys think Last of Us could run on Xbox 720?Heirren

Probably not, too much linearity.

Now a serious question, could PS3 handle Skyrim´s DLC?