PS4 to lead all consoles with 51 million sold: 2016 - IDC

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@lostrib said:

Dat IDC

And cows have be owned again.

LOL

and how were cows owned...this article was made by the IDC not cows

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@FoxbatAlpha: "I'm not mad" precisely what a mad lem would say. lmao

Precisely what a cow in denial would say. LMMFAO!

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

As I don't have any games to play on my Sony systems I invite you to play sales with me. Winner stays on.

International Data Corporation (IDC) is preparing to publish its latest console forecast and the research firm has given GamesIndustry International an exclusive preview of the report. There are several key takeaways to note, including Sony's dominance of the new console cycle, Microsoft's need to unbundle Kinect, and a general decline in the physical retail side of the games business.

IDC predicts that Sony's PlayStation 4 will have the single biggest share of the market in 2016 with 51 million sold globally. Microsoft hasn't been faring quite as well, but IDC believes Xbox One will make a serious comeback, particularly in North America where it's forecasted to take the lead. This will be spurred on by unbundling Kinect, IDC said.

"The presumed unbundling of Kinect and Xbox One, which should facilitate rough price parity between it and the PS4, should lead to a spike in Xbox One sales; assuming the console and sensor are unbundled in 2015, IDC expects Xbox One to recover and emerge with the largest installed base of any console in North America by the end of 2016," the firm explained.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's Wii U is expected to finally receive "the equivalent of a $50 price cut worldwide in late 2014 or early 2015," but it won't make a serious dent in the installed base gap between Wii U and the competition.

Looking at the bigger picture, the retail component of the video game business is expected to see continued declines, IDC said. IDC's forecast states that, together, eighth generation consoles will generate about 10 percent less retail revenue from console hardware and disc-based games than seventh generation (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) consoles did combined through their first six years on the market.

That being said, total eighth generation console hardware revenue actually is projected to come in above the comparable seventh generation total thanks to higher average selling prices (ASPs). It's a different story, however, for the physical disc business, which IDC forecasts will see 45 percent fewer discs sold to retailers in the first six years compared to the seventh generation physical games sales.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ld-by-2016-idc

Looks like lots of people feel as if Kinect is the problem. Discuss.

lol, only you would buy into this BS report/estimate smh.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Transistor and MLB The show are both going to be very good games. Lems lose again in May. Bound By Flame is meh, but better than NO game.

Can't believe you just typed out all of that not knowing that Titanfall counts as 10 separate games on its own.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Transistor and MLB The show are both going to be very good games. Lems lose again in May. Bound By Flame is meh, but better than NO game.

Can't believe you just typed out all of that not knowing that Titanfall counts as 10 separate games on its own.

yea

ti-TEN-fall

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By misterpmedia

@CrownKingArthur said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

yea

ti-TEN-fall

Precisely. Some evidence there to back up the thesis.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

So they believe in one year (estimating what the PS4 will be at by December of this year) that the PS4 will somehow sell close to 40 million?

Sig

____

New2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161295749952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

IDC expects Xbox One to recover and emerge with the largest installed base of any console in North America by the end of 2016," the firm explained.

This prediction is based on the end of 2016..

We are on mid 2014.

So we are 31 months away from the end of 2016,that is almost 3 years man and not even close to 1.

@StrongBlackVine said:

@super600: You have been a PSs4 pessimist from Day One so I taking any you say with a grain of salt, actually a lot of salt!.

I'm pretty sure all the increased sales in the US and UK will mitigate any damage from loss of market in Japan in which it still outsell Xbox One easily.

Yeah completely is like he is not even watching what is happening now,those US and EU sales are though the roof,even if Japan just sell compare to what the PS3 did,US and EU alone would be more than enough to carry the console,7 million 1.2 million faster than the already record breaking wii and he still doubts it..

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By misterpmedia

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

As I don't have any games to play on my Sony systems I invite you to play sales with me. Winner stays on.

International Data Corporation (IDC) is preparing to publish its latest console forecast and the research firm has given GamesIndustry International an exclusive preview of the report. There are several key takeaways to note, including Sony's dominance of the new console cycle, Microsoft's need to unbundle Kinect, and a general decline in the physical retail side of the games business.

IDC predicts that Sony's PlayStation 4 will have the single biggest share of the market in 2016 with 51 million sold globally. Microsoft hasn't been faring quite as well, but IDC believes Xbox One will make a serious comeback, particularly in North America where it's forecasted to take the lead. This will be spurred on by unbundling Kinect, IDC said.

"The presumed unbundling of Kinect and Xbox One, which should facilitate rough price parity between it and the PS4, should lead to a spike in Xbox One sales; assuming the console and sensor are unbundled in 2015, IDC expects Xbox One to recover and emerge with the largest installed base of any console in North America by the end of 2016," the firm explained.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's Wii U is expected to finally receive "the equivalent of a $50 price cut worldwide in late 2014 or early 2015," but it won't make a serious dent in the installed base gap between Wii U and the competition.

Looking at the bigger picture, the retail component of the video game business is expected to see continued declines, IDC said. IDC's forecast states that, together, eighth generation consoles will generate about 10 percent less retail revenue from console hardware and disc-based games than seventh generation (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii) consoles did combined through their first six years on the market.

That being said, total eighth generation console hardware revenue actually is projected to come in above the comparable seventh generation total thanks to higher average selling prices (ASPs). It's a different story, however, for the physical disc business, which IDC forecasts will see 45 percent fewer discs sold to retailers in the first six years compared to the seventh generation physical games sales.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ld-by-2016-idc

Looks like lots of people feel as if Kinect is the problem. Discuss.

Aww at least you're thinking about me.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

me commenting in a thread is me thinking about you...? wtf is wrong with you u weird ass stalker...yea, i'm putting you on the, "avoid this strange lil man" promptly. ur just too weird and sad lol.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By misterpmedia

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

me commenting in a thread is me thinking about you...? wtf is wrong with you u weird ass stalker...yea, i'm putting you on the, "avoid this strange lil man" promptly. ur just too weird and sad lol.

lmfao you're so easily rattled. By the way, you quoted me first, Mr. Stalker.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@tonitorsi said:

@RR360DD said:

@lostrib said:

Dat IDC

LOL

LMAO! Lems can't play the sales, or games card.

bu bu bu

Delicious SDC.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lostrib said:

Dat IDC

LMAO!! They had the PS3 beating the Wii. Hilarious.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

The PS4 is certainly selling well.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Very 1st-place kind of well.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

This thread is stupid. Predictions are meaningless, but I am glad PS4 isn't having the troubles PS3 did in it's early outing.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@tormentos said:

@TigerSuperman said:

So they believe in one year (estimating what the PS4 will be at by December of this year) that the PS4 will somehow sell close to 40 million?

Sig

____

New2: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161295749952?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

IDC expects Xbox One to recover and emerge with the largest installed base of any console in North America by the end of 2016," the firm explained.

This prediction is based on the end of 2016..

We are on mid 2014.

So we are 31 months away from the end of 2016,that is almost 3 years man and not even close to 1.

@StrongBlackVine said:

@super600: You have been a PSs4 pessimist from Day One so I taking any you say with a grain of salt, actually a lot of salt!.

I'm pretty sure all the increased sales in the US and UK will mitigate any damage from loss of market in Japan in which it still outsell Xbox One easily.

Yeah completely is like he is not even watching what is happening now,those US and EU sales are though the roof,even if Japan just sell compare to what the PS3 did,US and EU alone would be more than enough to carry the console,7 million 1.2 million faster than the already record breaking wii and he still doubts it..

I said that number is doable and not impossible. The PS4 LTD won't be near the PS3's LTD at the end of this gen most likely in Japan. It may be closer to 7 million then 10 million.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

The PS4 will most likely sell like the PS1 in both countries(or like the 360, but better). The rate the PS4 will be selling in Japan will hurt the PS4's LTD a lot in the first three years.The 51 million prediction is doable in 3 years,but this depends on how many people buy the PS4 in Japan and if the PS4 continues to sell really well in the US and UK. I really don't expect more than 4 or 5 million people(and maybe less) in Japan to buy the PS4 in by the end of 2016.45 to 48 million is more likely for the PS4 in three years(maybe even less than).

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

@ladyblue said:

LMAO! Lems can't play the sales, or games card.

bu bu bu

Delicious SDC.

fist time I see that gif and is so win!

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@ladyblue said:

51 million by 16? Sounds fox crazy.

More like 35 to 40.

not even 35, I would say 27

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Eh... I could see something in the 40's myself.

Say 16 this year, 14-16 for 2015, and then another 14ish for 2016.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#71 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@lostrib said:

Dat IDC

Lol , nice find .

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

Lame list totally wrong

Spiderman was also available on Xbox one

At least 2 more indie games coming on Xbox One in May.

Cant believe we arguing over the number of indie games on the consoles.

Xbox One could wipe the floor simply by releasing games from the Windows 8 app store. Something very possible as they are making it mega easy to release games/apps across windows/phone/Xbox I wouldn't keep using the number of indie games as a major thing.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Lems are gonna be crying this entire gen, getting crap exclusives and inferior Multiplats

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Heil68

@tonitorsi said:

@Heil68 said:

Very 1st-place kind of well.

Best of ALL time.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@ladyblue said:

@misterpmedia said:

@RR360DD said:

@tonitorsi said:

@RR360DD said:

@lostrib said:

Dat IDC

LOL

LOL at all that indie filler

lol at that massive baron wasteland that is near future Xbone game releases.

They haven't had anything to play since the first week of March.

No future release dates for anything on the usual list wars either, hell even Driveclub has a release date now. Good job they liked Titanfall, they'll be playing it for a while. On top of that, inferior multiplats a plenty. I'm looking at you Watch_Dogs.

even the most stupid gamers know that MS announce there games much closer to release than SONY or nintendo, both Halo 4, Halo Anniversary , gears 2 and gears 3 where announced less than 12 months before there release.

Besides, shouldn't you be hiding under a rock after your epic thread backfire,lol

IDC= couldn't predict there way out of a wet paper bag.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@Animal-Mother said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAIpha lol I agree. I'm in the mood for an argument.

I'm in the mood to buy an Xbox one

I put away a lot of money last week so i'm kinda tempted to spend it

You already got a Ps4 dude?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68

already a 7th of the way there.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I am quite baffled about this.. The system released with a minimal library, no backwards compatibility to speak of, and features hardly worth writing home about.. I may get one down the road my self, I just don't understand why people early adopt at all.. I mean are they afraid that the supply is finite and they will run out of PS4's?