PS4 to become the greatest selling console ever?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Sweenix

Poll PS4 to become the greatest selling console ever? (98 votes)

Yes 39%
No 34%
lolsweenixthread 18%
6%

Currently the PS4 is at 4.2m and that's only after 1 month on sale, that's incredible! that's awe inspiring, now it got me thinking, if it continues this trend, then we might see a new record

4.2million x 12months = 50.4 million

Now, let's say the PS4 lasts for 8 years

50.4 x 8 = 403.2 MILLION!

You heard it here first, the PS4 will sell over 400 million.

• 
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#51 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@tormentos said:

Dat butthurt incredible

Ew

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

Unless the XBOne and Wii U end up selling low like they did back with the original Xbox and Gamecube and the PS4 is the must own system like the PS2 was then maybe. But still it would be tough to beat the PS2 sales and with PC gaming becoming more popular then ever it could take a huge chunk of sales as well. But we will know more in the future. Until then who really knows yet.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@brucebenzing said:

Oh BTW do you own a PS4 Tormy?

No waiting for Infamous SS,hope there are units when i go yo buy mine.

@blackace said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Saw this, it's my duty to post it

Not accurate. Xbox One 3 million in 38 days

PS4 4.2 million in 45 days.

Wii U - Nintendo said they sold 4.3 million as of Dec 14th. I doubt this made it over 5 million at the end of 2013. The want to sell 5.5 million by the end of March 2014.

Yeah does 7 days really make a difference when the PS4 had no units to sell and the xbox one is basically alone in the market until new shipments arrive,this has been the story since launch,the reason sony didn't sold 2 millions units or more in NA by December 1 is because they had no units.

@super600 said:

ThePS4 won't get 400 million(I know you are joking sweenix) and it won't get 100 million since it's appealing to the same audience as the PS3. Sony's messaging for the PS4 compared to the PS3 is a lot better but I really don't know if it will translate to a higher LTD than the PS3 at the end of this gen or an LTD of 100 million.

Come on the PS3 started at $600 and is on 80 million,i bet it will hit 90 or more when all is say an done,i am sure the PS4 will reach 100 millions,but 155 million like the PS2 i don't think so.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Greatest selling console.....in THIS Generation?

YES. I think so.

But beyond PS2 sales? Doubt it.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

Nope, the console life will be too short.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Yep. In fact, Lem scum are in such hard denial about how well the PS4 is doing they think releasing the Xbone in Chile, Switzerland and North Korea will save it.

Literally the worst fanbase.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@tormentos said:

@brucebenzing said:

Oh BTW do you own a PS4 Tormy?

No waiting for Infamous SS,hope there are units when i go yo buy mine.

@blackace said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Saw this, it's my duty to post it

Not accurate. Xbox One 3 million in 38 days

PS4 4.2 million in 45 days.

Wii U - Nintendo said they sold 4.3 million as of Dec 14th. I doubt this made it over 5 million at the end of 2013. The want to sell 5.5 million by the end of March 2014.

Yeah does 7 days really make a difference when the PS4 had no units to sell and the xbox one is basically alone in the market until new shipments arrive,this has been the story since launch,the reason sony didn't sold 2 millions units or more in NA by December 1 is because they had no units.

@super600 said:

ThePS4 won't get 400 million(I know you are joking sweenix) and it won't get 100 million since it's appealing to the same audience as the PS3. Sony's messaging for the PS4 compared to the PS3 is a lot better but I really don't know if it will translate to a higher LTD than the PS3 at the end of this gen or an LTD of 100 million.

Come on the PS3 started at $600 and is on 80 million,i bet it will hit 90 or more when all is say an done,i am sure the PS4 will reach 100 millions,but 155 million like the PS2 i don't think so.

I highly doubt the PS4 will reach 100 million even. It's technically trying to compete with the same market MS is trying to compete in which is the hardcore gamers.MS is strong enough to prevent sony from gettin 100 million and above.The casuals that bought the Wii won't even touch the PS4 so the PS4 won't be able to get 100 million.Also market conditions are a bit different than in the ps1 to ps2 era. The PS4 will probably get over 90million, but not 100 million at the end of the gen.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: Yes the Sony fanbase is literally the worst.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@super600 said:

I highly doubt the PS4 will reach 100 million even. It's technically trying to compete with the same market MS is trying to compete in which is the hardcore gamers.MS is strong enough to prevent sony from gettin 100 million and above.The casuals that bought the Wii won't even touch the PS4 so the PS4 won't be able to get 100 million.Also market conditions are a bit different than in the ps1 to ps2 era. The PS4 will probably get over 90million, but not 100 million at the end of the gen.

Are you even looking at what your saying.?

MS can't stop sony in any way from selling 100 million,just like they could not stop the PS2 from selling,or the PS3 from closing that gap they had.

You sound like Albert Panello when he say MS would not give 40% advantage in power,like if they really could do something about it,they xbox one is what it is already and is not changing.

Dude those who bough the wii on 2006 are now buying PS4,those who bough 360 on 2005 are also buying PS4,sony sold 1 million units in 24 hours they didn't sell 2 because they had no more units,maybe you are confuse or you bias is really clouding your judgement,sony broke all sales records,and is selling at faster pace than the wii was and the PS2 as well.

The PS3 will get 90 million in a year an a half or 2,don't tell me the PS4 will not be there man,the PS4 will reach 100 millions and there is nothing MS can do about that,remember when a consumer want your product it would buy it no matter what,remember how the xbox was more powerful and cost the same as the PS2.

The same with the wii,when people wanted the wii they could care less about the other 2 consoles,if this sales keep up it will get to 100 million faster than the PS2.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

Cows are spooging all over the place abotu sales now that sony sold 4.2 million. The front page of system wars alone has 7 threads on it already.

HI! Is this you on your avatar when you see the ps4's dominance thread on SW?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I jumped, causing me to ascend by 3 metres in a second. Therefore, after a month I should be 7,776 km from the ground, and after 8 years I should be 746,496 km from Earth, past the Moon, and on my way to Mars. PS4 should be able to easily achieve its 400 million based on one holiday season's results following similar logic.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

Cows are spooging all over the place abotu sales now that sony sold 4.2 million. The front page of system wars alone has 7 threads on it already.

Considering how lemmings bragged about sales & last place for 7-8 straight years nonstop...

Its more of a Karma thing.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@M8ingSeezun said:

Greatest selling console.....in THIS Generation?

YES. I think so.

But beyond PS2 sales? Doubt it.

It won't outsell the PS2 or DS, that's for sure. It might break 100 million though, but that will be at the end of it's life.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@tormentos said:

@super600 said:

Are you even looking at what your saying.?

MS can't stop sony in any way from selling 100 million,just like they could not stop the PS2 from selling,or the PS3 from closing that gap they had.

You sound like Albert Panello when he say MS would not give 40% advantage in power,like if they really could do something about it,they xbox one is what it is already and is not changing.

Dude those who bough the wii on 2006 are now buying PS4,those who bough 360 on 2005 are also buying PS4,sony sold 1 million units in 24 hours they didn't sell 2 because they had no more units,maybe you are confuse or you bias is really clouding your judgement,sony broke all sales records,and is selling at faster pace than the wii was and the PS2 as well.

The PS3 will get 90 million in a year an a half or 2,don't tell me the PS4 will not be there man,the PS4 will reach 100 millions and there is nothing MS can do about that,remember when a consumer want your product it would buy it no matter what,remember how the xbox was more powerful and cost the same as the PS2.

The same with the wii,when people wanted the wii they could care less about the other 2 consoles,if this sales keep up it will get to 100 million faster than the PS2.

Why would the casuals want the PS4? It's mostly appealing to the hardcore and some mainstream consumers.A lot of the games sony will produce will appeal to people like you and me.Nintendo broke into a market no one was targeting and they were pretty successful at getting this market even though they made a few mistakes. Sony is targeting a market that multiple other companies and products already appeal to(i,e the xbox one, the hardcore PC market and etc). The reason why the PS2 and PS1 were able to get over 100 million was because no one sony was competing with was a decent competitor because the Ps2 and the PS1 had a lot of factors that influenced their success. The PS1 and PS2 were cheap, they had a crazy amount of games released for the platforms that you could not play elsewere,their media capabilities were great. The PS1 could play cd's if I recall and the PS2 could play dvd's and etc.Microsoft and Nintendo were not able to produce products that had all these things.The PS4 is not as lucky as the PS1 and PS2 because the market conditions have changed MS now a days is strong enough in the console market to take a decent amount of marketshare for sony.They won't win, but they will be able to prevent sony from selling over 100 million PS4's.People this gen may also buy other products like tablets,gaming pc's and etc instead of home consoles.