PS4 The worst console launch ever ? Even worse than WiiU ?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by StormyJoe (5082 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich:

Doesn't the PS4 have to actually launch before you can make a comparison?

#52 Posted by Obviously_Right (5093 posts) -

i think Xbox One's launch lineup might be the worst I've ever seen actually. Worse exclusives than PS4 and inferior multiplats to top it off.

#53 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I do agree that Sony is not aggressive with its push for next generation, from a business stand point, i can actually see why. But in terms of the line ups itself, there will be atleast from the part of third party publishers, a plethorea of available games on next generation consoles at launch, something previous gen and WiiU can boast about.

Assassins Creed Black Flag

Call of Duty Ghost

Battlefield 4

FIFA14 and all the sport games

Indie games

Free to Play games

#54 Posted by tonitorsi (8327 posts) -

Nah, it ain't doe.

#55 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5103 posts) -

PS2 and PS3 had worse launches.

KZ:SF >>>>>>>

#56 Posted by TheEroica (13370 posts) -

@Shewgenja: wow... The Drive club delay is really messing with you bro. Buy an xone so you can bathe in exclusives from day one.... No one wants to wait till day 500 for a decent exclusive.

#57 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Having less games at launch can actually be a good thing. It means you have more to look forward to as the console goes on instead of pushing everything out on Day 1 and then getting bored quickly

Will "Just Wait' be returning as the cows' catchphrase ?

It very well could be... hope the PS4 can secure an AAAE sooner than the PS3 could! :D

#58 Posted by Krelian-co (10637 posts) -

yeah ps4 doing so bad it destroyed xbone in preorders and killzone alone has more preorders than all of xbone exclusives combined. TLHO

#59 Posted by always_explicit (2762 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@-RPGamer- said:

@always_explicit said:

Its just hilarious having watched cows decimate the wii U for having a poor game line-up. Even now they try to spin it as a positive.

"a delayed game is a good thing because it means they can make it awesome".

No mention of the fact they have simply failed to hit their one and only launch deadline. Its might not be ultimately detrimental to the games themselves but its bad business. Poor form from these devs.

Wait so would it be a better "busines" to release a broken/mediocre game? I'm getting on odd sense of damned if they do, damned if they don't when I hear people make these comments.

No need to be facetious, its obviously better if they delivered a quality title on time. These consoles have been in development for years and the fact is they have failed to meet the deadlines. If thats the fault of Sony or the fault of the lackluster development team I dont know. Its not something that I think can be excused. Its bad business.

Games, or IT projects in general, miss dead lines all the time. I wouldn't call a developer lack luster for deciding they want a better product over rushing out something that isn't up to their standards/goals.

I would say that's good business, I have more faith in a developer and publisher that know when to hold back.

Im not going into a ridiculous back and forth with you. Im not arguing that they should release a sub par product. Im saying they shouldnt have got themselves in this situation, and the fact they are in this situation means someone dropped the ball and that IS poor business practice.

If you think thats fine then great for you buddy. Enjoy the wait.

Im not buying a PS4 anyway so couldnt care less.

#60 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

KZSF alone owns the entire WiiU launch lineup and I haven't even added BF4 to the mix yet. Nothing will ever top WiiU's launch mediocrity.

#61 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

someone's bored

#62 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@always_explicit: I didn't say it was great, I'm saying it's better. As someone who works in IT, delays are something I'm very familiar with.

#63 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13792 posts) -

Nah, WiiU is only second to the Saturn when it comes to Launches.

#64 Edited by Kiro0 (1173 posts) -

Both the PS4 and the Xbox One have really mediocre launch lineups, but I can't say I'm surprised. I don't care much for any of the exclusives either console offers aside from Second Son and The Order 1886, neither of which are launch titles. I am more interested in whatever Naughty Dog or Epic pulls out next than just about anything else just due to their insane track records lately. Hoping Sony Santa Monica can step it up again after how disappointing God of War: Ascendance was. All that Sony-loving rhetoric aside I don't see myself getting either console any time soon, everything's still best on PC.

#65 Posted by MonsieurX (29965 posts) -

Terrible launch game for the PS4

#66 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Scribblenauts unlimited is also on pc. And New Super Mario Bros. U is pretty good. Much better than New Super Mario Bros. 2, that game is so uninspired.

#67 Edited by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

No, people are going to buy the PS4 for the hardware, to show off to the community that they made the jump to "next gen". They aren't buying it for games.

#68 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17108 posts) -

Nah, WiiU is only second to the Saturn when it comes to Launches.

The Saturn had Virtua Fighter, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight, and Daytona USA. The Wii U wishes it had that type of lineup.

#69 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Like with every Console launch, games will be stagnant. This isn't any different with the PS4. Literally the only title worth playing that is exclusive is KZ. Which is another reason I'm waiting for next year to pick one up (as well as Xbox One only having Dead Rising 3). They need more games. I'm a sucker for a zombie game so I bought the Wii U at launch along with ZombiU...don't regret it to this day at all. ZombiU is one of the better titles I've played all generation. If Dead Rising hasn't been in such a downfall since Dead Rising Off the Record, I probably would've gotten an Xbox One at launch. But, as of now, I'm waiting on both till next year.

#70 Edited by nhh18 (6538 posts) -

No. It has the best version of madden, nba 2k, assassin creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty Ghost, among other games. Multiplats still exist

#71 Edited by snugenz_irl (31 posts) -

@nhh18 said:

No. It has the best version of madden, nba 2k, assassin creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty Ghost, among other games. You don't just pretend that multiplats don't exist

The PC has the best versions actually.

#72 Posted by cfisher2833 (1618 posts) -

I don't think it's that terrible of a launch; it's especially good if you haven't owned a gaming PC in the last 2 years. However, I have and thus have these problems with the PS4:

1. The hardware is weaker than I'd like (900p BF4)

2. The only exclusive I like is Resogun

3. The only other games available are either better on PC (Watch Dogs, BF4, etc) or have been available on PC for a long ass time (Planetside 2, Blacklight Ret., etc)

#73 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

@nhh18 said:

No. It has the best version of madden, nba 2k, assassin creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty Ghost, among other games. Multiplats still exist

Multiplats still exist, but if you're looking to them to validate the purchase of a new console; Something is wrong.

#74 Posted by killzowned24 (7321 posts) -

How is 30 some games bad?

#75 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

I don't think it's that terrible of a launch; it's especially good if you haven't owned a gaming PC in the last 2 years. However, I have and thus have these problems with the PS4:

1. The hardware is weaker than I'd like (900p BF4)

2. The only exclusive I like is Resogun

3. The only other games available are either better on PC (Watch Dogs, BF4, etc) or have been available on PC for a long ass time (Planetside 2, Blacklight Ret., etc)

I think a lot were buying it for Watch Dogs. With Watch Dogs being delayed, that was a huge deciding factor regarding waiting or not.

#76 Edited by DanteVincent (25 posts) -

Sure, 'cause the ps4 won't be getting the better version of all those awesome triple A multiplats that the wii u won't. :D

Cry some more.

#77 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Killzone: Shadow Fall (exclusive)

Knack (exclusive)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Need for Speed: Rivals

Skylanders: Swap Force

vs

Assassin's Creed III

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition

Black Ops II

Darksiders II

Epic Mickey 2: the Power of Two

Mass Effect 3

New Super Mario Bros U (exclusive/ best 2D Mario yet)

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

NintendoLand (exclusive)

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Skylanders Giants

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition

ZombiU (exclusive)

These were the retail on the shelf launch titles from both sides. The Wii U side has everything on the PS4 side minus Battlefield 4, delivered the best 2D Mario game yet, and then some.

Greatness Awaits... Awaits

#78 Edited by trugs26 (5382 posts) -

They are both quite poor. But launches have been like that for quite a while. The most recent good launch titles were Xbox with Halo, and the N64 with Mario 64. But Killzone and a New! series 2D Mario platformer doesn't generate that much buzz for me.

#79 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6657 posts) -

Xbox One and Wii U both have worse launches.

#81 Edited by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

Many of the great games are coming out early 2014,so I suggest you wait until then if you really can't be bother to get it on day one, also War Thunder; my friend loves that game on PC, and I wish to know why.

#82 Posted by dr_jashugan (2569 posts) -

Will the WiiU get The Witcher 3, MGS 5, Destiny, etc?

#83 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

No, tons of games available and the amazing exclusives will come out soon enough
Meanwhile X1 titles are rushed to the market and it shows in Killer Instinct, Dead Rising and Forza

#84 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -

PS4 domination has driven poster mad. Fail thread, please go fap to mantle.

#85 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6787 posts) -

@dr_jashugan: Will the PS4/X1 get Project X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros etc?

#86 Edited by MonsieurX (29965 posts) -

No, tons of games available and the amazing exclusives will come out soon enough

Meanwhile X1 titles are rushed to the market and it shows in Killer Instinct, Dead Rising and Forza

lol delayed games