PS4 The worst console launch ever ? Even worse than WiiU ?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (3871 posts) -
#2 Posted by GhoX (4557 posts) -

This thread is bad. Wii U can never compete on exclusives alone, since multiplats are completely handicapped on Wii U.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (8391 posts) -

Wasn't that the only games the WiiU got for like a year after?

At least with PS4 it has quite a few really good games coming early 2014, only about 3 months in; not to mention all those multi platform games that WiiU can't even dream about.

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (6928 posts) -

Ya'll are SO mad! If I could lick this thread, it would taste of Lem tears and butthurt.

#5 Posted by helwa1988 (1954 posts) -

consoles in general have had this bad trend since last gen to release a console with no good games lined up. i just don't get. if you want a console to sell put out at least 3 good titles that will push people to buy it.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (36484 posts) -

They're both weaksauce.

#8 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7168 posts) -

Yes the PS4 launch library is pretty bad but no reason to insult the Wii U by comparing the PS4 to it.

#9 Posted by wingman3030 (936 posts) -

Can't say I'm surprised, nearly every console launch ends up pretty lackluster.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8391 posts) -

Yes the PS4 launch library is pretty bad but no reason to insult the Wii U by comparing the PS4 to it.

Still, guess it's better that than to insult the WiiU even more by comparing the Xbox One to it, amIright?

#11 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7168 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

Still, guess it's better that than to insult the WiiU even more by comparing the Xbox One to it, amIright?

Naw the X1 actually has a lot going on so what you said does not make sense. The X1 seems to be the best console for things such as features, games, online, cloud functions, and others.

#12 Posted by SolidIngram (49 posts) -

If you look at what this console will be in the next 3 years and not what it will be at launch it's very clear that it will completely obliterate the Wii U. The PS4 is a great console that will take a while to reach its full potential as expected.

#13 Edited by _Matt_ (8391 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

Naw the X1 actually has a lot going on so what you said does not make sense. The X1 seems to be the best console for things such as features, games, online, cloud functions, and others.

I'm glad you can see the positives. RIght now to me, all the X1 has over the PS4 is Forza and Dead Rising, and a potentially better online service.

#14 Edited by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

It's pretty mediocre. Wii U at least had a couple exclusives I wanted.

#15 Posted by PonchoTaco (1668 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Cows lick the butthurt? That must be terrible. Poor cows :(

#16 Edited by anab0lic (267 posts) -

Whats does ps4 and vita have in common? They both have no games. (that dont suck)

#17 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

I think the PS3 still tops it. The only thing saving the PS4 are multiplats (something the cows normally despise lmao). Nobody in the real world gives a f*ck about Killzone or Knack.

#18 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7375 posts) -
@anab0lic said:

Whats does ps4 and vita have in common? They both have no games. (that dont suck)

Why is it that people who make statements like this are usually idiots who have no gameplay experience with said game systems?

#19 Posted by tormentos (15341 posts) -

It´s very curious to observe. It seems that Sony´s hype train is not taking speed, but it actually is slowing down, and probably it falls aparat when arrives XD

PS4 launch titles

PS4 exclusives

Knack

Killzone

WiiU launch titles

WiiU exclusives

New Super Mario Bros. U

Nintendo Land

Rabbids Land

Scribblenauts Unlimited

ZombiU

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Tank! Tank! Tank!

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Ahem...

Scratch DC and watch dogs and the rest is launch,+ a list of launch windows games to.

#20 Posted by g0ddyX (3742 posts) -

Nothing is worse than the Wii:U launch.

#21 Edited by tormentos (15341 posts) -

I think think the PS3 still tops it. The only thing saving the PS4 are multiplats (something the cows normally despise lmao). Nobody in the real world gives a f*ck about Killzone or Knack.

Killzone 2 sold more than 3 million copies and was high rated to.

#22 Posted by clyde46 (42102 posts) -

So, all we have left is some indie titles and Killzone. Yawn.

#23 Posted by Pray_to_me (2477 posts) -

Except that PS4 is an actual next gen system while WiiU is a 360 with a bootleg ipad controller.

#24 Posted by Heil68 (40564 posts) -

Its actually pretty good as far as I'm concerned and we all know Sony will deliver the world class exclusives. I still have PC/PS3/WiiU/360/3DS as well, so *somehow* I'll manage to keep in gaming with a huge backlog including the PS4.

#25 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

I think think the PS3 still tops it. The only thing saving the PS4 are multiplats (something the cows normally despise lmao). Nobody in the real world gives a f*ck about Killzone or Knack.

I said the real world not cow land :)

#26 Posted by anab0lic (267 posts) -

Except that PS4 is an actual next gen system while WiiU is a 360 with a bootleg ipad controller.

Vita has far more power and looks far more next gen than the 3ds...which has the better games? Huge amounts of hardware tech doesn't guarantee great gaming experiences.

#27 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8280 posts) -

I'd have to say that the PS3 launch is still the worst console launch I know of...

#28 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

As a die hard cow that has only ever gamed on a Sony Playstation (not even pc) ever since I got the PS1 for christmas in 1999 I have to say that the xbone looks tempting

#29 Posted by silversix_ (12562 posts) -

Fanboy answer would be LOL NO but in reality its almost (BF4 and KZ saves the day. on wiiu there wasn't a single game worth a flying F) as bad.

#30 Posted by _Matt_ (8391 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

That is the real World :S

http://www.gamespot.com/killzone-2/

#31 Posted by BreadNMilk (37 posts) -
#32 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

If you look at what this console will be in the next 3 years and not what it will be at launch it's very clear that it will completely obliterate the Wii U. The PS4 is a great console that will take a while to reach its full potential as expected.

I hate this argument. If the PS4 is going to be better in a few years then that's the time to buy it. Why on Earth would anyone buy electronics so they can use it in a year from now? I certainly wouldn't buy a PC with the intention of using it in 2015.

#33 Edited by Liquid_ (2055 posts) -

man you guys got baited hard by a bored and lonely 14 year old

#34 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (23669 posts) -

despite what many will say about the WiiU.

It actually had an awesome Launch Line Up.

It's a shame many people had PS3s and 360s at the time to play most of it.

#35 Edited by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

Like the Wii U, most of the PS4's launch games can be played on existing systems. May as well wait a year.

#36 Edited by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

Xbox is clearly the worst product launch I've ever seen.

#37 Posted by tormentos (15341 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/killzone-2/

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa............. But but but..

#38 Posted by seanmcloughlin (37529 posts) -

Having less games at launch can actually be a good thing. It means you have more to look forward to as the console goes on instead of pushing everything out on Day 1 and then getting bored quickly

#39 Edited by always_explicit (2150 posts) -

Having less games at launch can actually be a good thing. It means you have more to look forward to as the console goes on instead of pushing everything out on Day 1 and then getting bored quickly

Having more games at launch can actually be a good thing. It means you have more games to play as the console goes on instead of pushing nothing out on Day 1 and then getting bored quickly.

#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14527 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

So, all we have left is some indie titles and Killzone. Yawn.

Yeah, this is really bad. I don't see the point in spending hundreds of pounds/dollars/euros for one game.

The WiiU is the most interesting to me now, as it has a good library by now and some great upcoming games in the first half of 2014. Might get the New Super Luigi & Mario U bundle.

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14527 posts) -

Will "Just Wait' be returning as the cows' catchphrase ?

#42 Posted by always_explicit (2150 posts) -

Its just hilarious having watched cows decimate the wii U for having a poor game line-up. Even now they try to spin it as a positive.

"a delayed game is a good thing because it means they can make it awesome".

No mention of the fact they have simply failed to hit their one and only launch deadline. Its might not be ultimately detrimental to the games themselves but its bad business. Poor form from these devs.

#43 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

I'm getting 5 titles at launch that I know of at the moment. I really feel like so many of you have either never experienced console launches before, or have a nice set of rose tinted glasses you're using as you look back.

I mean hell I bought a PS2 without even buying a game at launch, or even during launch window.

#44 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

There is no way you can justify delaying a launch game. PS4 will be great but just like all Sony systems you can easyily wait for them and experience them years later and not miss out on anything like multiplayer for example

#45 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Its just hilarious having watched cows decimate the wii U for having a poor game line-up. Even now they try to spin it as a positive.

No mention of the fact they have simply failed to hit their one and only launch deadline. Its might not be ultimately detrimental to the games themselves but its bad business. Poor form from these devs.

Wait so would it be a better "busines" to release a broken/mediocre game? I'm getting on odd sense of damned if they do, damned if they don't when I hear people make these comments.

#46 Posted by Terrencec06 (3259 posts) -

Sucks but I'll live, Sony always delivers good exclusives. I'll be fine with BF4 and KZ SF. I'm personally still working on my PS3 backlog.

#47 Edited by iambatman7986 (333 posts) -

Why are you omitting the other 20 games or so games releasing on the PS4? They may not be exclusive, but I can still play them on the PS4.

If the Wii U is better at launch than the PS4 then it is better than the Xbox One launch too since we are only talking exclusives for some reason.

Wii U has a great lineup coming up though. I'm personally excited.

#48 Edited by always_explicit (2150 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Wait so would it be a better "busines" to release a broken/mediocre game? I'm getting on odd sense of damned if they do, damned if they don't when I hear people make these comments.

No need to be facetious, its obviously better if they delivered a quality title on time. These consoles have been in development for years and the fact is they have failed to meet the deadlines. If thats the fault of Sony or the fault of the lackluster development team I dont know. Its not something that I think can be excused. Its bad business.

#49 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@-RPGamer- said:

@always_explicit said:

No need to be facetious, its obviously better if they delivered a quality title on time. These consoles have been in development for years and the fact is they have failed to meet the deadlines. If thats the fault of Sony or the fault of the lackluster development team I dont know. Its not something that I think can be excused. Its bad business.

Games, or IT projects in general, miss dead lines all the time. I wouldn't call a developer lack luster for deciding they want a better product over rushing out something that isn't up to their standards/goals.

I would say that's good business, I have more faith in a developer and publisher that know when to hold back.

#50 Posted by CWEBB04z (4442 posts) -

Does the Wii U have BF4? Because I know that game and Killzone will do for now. Then we got much more games releasing in the launch window. The PS4 isn't the pitiful Wii U where no developers support it.