PS4 sold through 2.1 million units worldwide as of 12/1

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@rjdofu said:

@danjammer69 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Off topic, but why is it Americans write the date as month/day/year? Why does this make any sense?

Because that is the way most of us would read it aloud....."Today is December 3rd, 2013"

Not really, I (as many non-American) read it as "the 3rd of December". dd/mm/yyyy is pretty much universal format, except American.

And for the reference:

Is there a key for that map?

And I also read as 'today is the 3rd of December,' logically you go from the smallest unit to the largest; or from the largest unit to the smallest at a push; but not jumping about.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You'd think Xdrones would be more humble and contrite in the face of the better console doing better.

Just another reason I won't be too sad when MS removes itself from the console industry.

There's a greater chance of Sony removing itself from existence due to the companies financial state than MS leaving the console market. And for the record I don't think Sony will go out of business unless they have one more truly bad year across the board. But no, MS isn't leaving the console market ever. There's to great a tie in to their eco system and brand name. And with the One being sold at a profit on day one I think they have a sold business model going forward.

So more awful Metro UI then? Booooooo.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Can't really claim ownage until we know the X1 numbers now can we?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Incredible launch for Sony. Glad I'm 1 of the 2.1 million as I'm really enjoying mine.

I don't understand others that say PS4 has no games and how all those who are currently buying the system will have nothing to play. I have 3 games I bought at launch with one under the tree for Christmas making 4 and even my wife bought another title making 5. You add in the 4 free games on PS Plus and I'm at 9 games for the system in a month. How many games do you people need?

Also, what does TLHBO and TSHBO mean? I keep seeing them here but honestly don't know the significance of them.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 chikenfriedrice

@Telekill said:

Incredible launch for Sony. Glad I'm 1 of the 2.1 million as I'm really enjoying mine.

I don't understand others that say PS4 has no games and how all those who are currently buying the system will have nothing to play. I have 3 games I bought at launch with one under the tree for Christmas making 4 and even my wife bought another title making 5. You add in the 4 free games on PS Plus and I'm at 9 games for the system in a month. How many games do you people need?

Also, what does TLHBO and TSHBO mean? I keep seeing them here but honestly don't know the significance of them.

The lemmings have been owned, the sheep have been owned, the cows have been owned....it's really brilliant stuff

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: Oh... well thanks for the definition. I won't be using them.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

That's actually less than I was expecting for this point, Sony must not be keeping up with the demand too well.

No they are not. Typical Sony. MS is the only company which didn't make this mistake; they have their shit together when it comes to this stuff.

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

thank you sony for these sales that have a major impact on my personal growth and well-being

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

How much did the x1 sell?

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Less inventory actually builds more demand.

It gives people the impression that they must buy the product as soon as it becomes available, including pre-ordering and putting money down ahead of time, for fear of missing out on it.

Trickling out the PS4 units, in small batches at a time, builds even more demand. It's a brilliant and often-used business strategy in the electronics market. Everyone does it and will continue to do it.

Having units on shelves, like the XB1, means not everyone is running out to buy one.

The PS4 is the hottest console right now. Everyone wants it. Worldwide.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

@rjdofu said:

@danjammer69 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Off topic, but why is it Americans write the date as month/day/year? Why does this make any sense?

Because that is the way most of us would read it aloud....."Today is December 3rd, 2013"

Not really, I (as many non-American) read it as "the 3rd of December". dd/mm/yyyy is pretty much universal format, except American.

And for the reference:

Is there a key for that map?

And I also read as 'today is the 3rd of December,' logically you go from the smallest unit to the largest; or from the largest unit to the smallest at a push; but not jumping about.

Yes, I copied it from Wiki, you can read the map key here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

My city is still SOLD OUT of PS4. The numbers woould be higher but supply cant meet demand.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

What will happen when those owners realize they have no games to play?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Ribnarak said:

@SolidTy said:

Supply vs. Demand. The epic battle continues.

Sony's biggest competitor? Getting the PS4 on the shelves. The machine still isn't done releasing, Japan release is in Feb 2014.

I'm not into sales myself, but the beginning phases are a bit fascinating just knowing a machine isn't going to get phased out like the poor Dreamcast. Once the machine is a success (The first 5-10 million are the crucial parts), I just ride out the wave of games with little worry.

that gif right there is an instant classic. AHAHAH

Hahaha. I'm glad one person enjoyed. :)

Oh I did too. I saved it from yesterday ;)

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

lol

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

these pictures are hilarious guys

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Jelly of not having games? :(

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

that gif is hilarious. people ran right by the mountain of xbones and didn't notice it was there. they probably thought it's either a portable refrigerator or a retro looking desktop pc.

You do know that's not real, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@iwasgood2u said:

that gif is hilarious. people ran right by the mountain of xbones and didn't notice it was there. they probably thought it's either a portable refrigerator or a retro looking desktop pc.

What exactly isn't real about that gif other than the photoshop text on the screen.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Has anyone thrown the "one week advantage" card yet?

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@iwasgood2u said:

And these are the kind of delirious and uneducated people posting on these forums. I've never seen more delusional human beings, than on GS SW.

My advice to X1 owners, play your games and avoid being sucked into this BS. We know the advantages of the XBL service and no matter what, our system is funded by a multi-billion dollar company that will pay out the nose to get what they want. We have no worries. That's REAL TALK.

I do look forward to getting a PS4 some time next year though, when the purchase is warranted. Good day =)

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#123 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@_Matt_: because say u have a list of dates. It's easier to sort if the month is first. I need to find a day in November, if the first number isn't the month it gets confusing real quick. Our outsourced programmer writes dates day-month-year and its fn annoying!

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Telekill said:

@chikenfriedrice: Oh... well thanks for the definition. I won't be using them.

Its pretty stupid, the names, but as time passes funny enough, it becomes a bit entertaining. Never taken to seriously either.

Back on topic, strong consoles sales is good for gamers as competition makes them both work harder. Its a win/win no matter who wins.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Gaf supply gamespot with glorious gifs I see.

OT:

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well Xbone isn't as impressive as PS4. PS4 still to this day delivers what the gamers want. People need to realize Xbone is a digital media device not a gaming console.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Sony's biggest competitor? Getting the PS4 on the shelves. The machine still isn't done releasing, Japan release is in Feb 2014.

I'm not into sales myself, but the beginning phases are a bit fascinating just knowing a machine isn't going to get phased out like the poor Dreamcast. Once the machine is a success (The first 5-10 million are the crucial parts), I just ride out the wave of games with little worry.

This thing is epic :D

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

How does it not make sense? People say the dates out their mouth in the same order in every country.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

That's a lot of PS4's sold. Impossible to find on store shelves anywhere in SoFla. One's can be had, but are pretty low in stock as well.

Also damn that GIF...they ran buy those One's like they didn't exist.

Klipsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Klipsh
Member since 2012 • 608 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@iwasgood2u said:

What exactly isn't real about that gif other than the photoshop text on the screen.

Um, the green on the boxes is coloured in, the PS4 sign actually jumps near the end of the gif and is also coloured in. Also the video on the tv was just placed over the original video. If you actually can't tell it's fake, please go to an optometrist and get glasses.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@enviouseyezonme:

Yet the Xbox One could have the specs and architecture of the Sega Saturn and Lems would continue to boast about their online service.

And this paying out the nose as you call it only goes so far. The Xbox brand is already over 8 billion in debt. How much money do they keep throwing at it before their shareholders have seen enough? And with all this money you speak of, why hasn't the Xbox brand seen a new first party core IP since 2008? One would think all that money could have got us 360 owners a bit more than Halo, Forza as well as Gears which M$ only publishes.

You guys need to stop acting like fans and start thinking more like consumers. The company generally starts out strong to sell a new product however after the first few years, you don't really see much besides jack and shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

@Klipsh said:

@Crossel777 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@iwasgood2u said:

Um, the green on the boxes is coloured in, the PS4 sign actually jumps near the end of the gif and is also coloured in. Also the video on the tv was just placed over the original video. If you actually can't tell it's fake, please go to an optometrist and get glasses.

There are a few photoshops but that is clearly an xbox one they're running past in the bottom right corner and that is clearly a PS4 stand the crowd of people are running towards. You can even see the boxes. That's not a photoshop. You can also see a PS4 demo kit switched on with the playstation sign right next to it. Perhaps it is you who needs to get your eyes checked or maybe your inner lemm fanboy just doesn't want you to see it. Probably the latter.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Congrats to Sony but launch numbers mean nothing really. I will make a judgment around February and March after the holiday craze dies down and see if the momentum from launch is still there.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Congrats to Sony but launch numbers mean nothing really. I will make a judgment around February and March after the holiday craze dies down and see if the momentum from launch is still there.

Yea you're right about launch numbers meaning nothing but I'll still say congrats to them for breaking records at least. It seems for now they have all the momentum and that to me as a gamer is a good thing. MS should be punished for losing sight of what's most important, the games and the gamer.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Update

In a statement provided to Ars, Microsoft's Xbox VP Yusuf Mehdi didn't provide any solid update on sales numbers, but he did say that Microsoft is "seeing record breaking sales and [we] are selling every Xbox One we can make. Demand is far exceeding supply in the 13 countries we’ve launched and we are sold out at retailers around the world." Mehdi added that 50 million man-hours have been spent on the system so far, and he said that the company has been "humbled and gratified" by the response to the system's roll out.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/12/ps4-sales-hit-2-1-million-worldwide-after-rollout-in-31-more-countries/

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@_Matt_ said:

How does it not make sense? People say the dates out their mouth in the same order in every country.

Proof?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

At this rate PS4 will hit 10 million by June 2014.

very unlikely. I would say 5-6 million.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@glez13 said:

Has anyone thrown the "one week advantage" card yet?

Xbox had one week advantage in Europe. So Until Sony finishes launching there it make no sense to use that card.

But then I remembered where I was, this is SW.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

We do know X1 numbers ya dumbass.. 1 mill worldwide

PS4 is 2.1 mill worldwide

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Funny thing is isnt there like 2.3 million units or something on back order from gamestop for customers?

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

@danabo said:

Update

In a statement provided to Ars, Microsoft's Xbox VP Yusuf Mehdi didn't provide any solid update on sales numbers, but he did say that Microsoft is "seeing record breaking sales and [we] are selling every Xbox One we can make. Demand is far exceeding supply in the 13 countries we’ve launched and we are sold out at retailers around the world." Mehdi added that 50 million man-hours have been spent on the system so far, and he said that the company has been "humbled and gratified" by the response to the system's roll out.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/12/ps4-sales-hit-2-1-million-worldwide-after-rollout-in-31-more-countries/

So instead of giving some numbers in response to Sony, they give spin. Now Sony brags about numbers while MS has taken a few notes from Sony last gen. Amazing how fast things can change.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

@SolidTy said:

Not only is this hilarious because of don mattrick and the people running but also they ignored the Xbone and ran for the ps4 LOL.

Totally agree ... Thats the hilarious thing about this video... They totally ignore Xone , not even a small look at it ... Rofl

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 chikenfriedrice

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

MS has not released numbers dumb ****

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@SolidTy: omg that gif lol! Epic! Where's Mems? Somebody better put him on suicide watch cause xbone is done.

Glad you enjoyed that gif, lol! :P

@AzatiS: Be excellent to one another!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ArchoNils2 said:

@SolidTy said:

This thing is epic :D

Thanks. I like to play.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

@brut_fruit said:

@Scipio8 said:

I was expecting more, didn't cows say it will sell 1 million in Europe alone? Xbox sells more than a million with just 13 countries and PS4 was launching at more countries.

For some reason this had me cracking up for like 2 minutes.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@Telekill:

TLHBO - The Lems Have Been Owned

TCHBO - cow version

TSHBO - sheep version

CSHBO - common sense has been owned (every post by fanboys)

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@rjdofu said:

@danjammer69 said:

@_Matt_ said:

And for the reference:

They did it so they could be different to the British - many of the decisions they made were simply to spite England :P