PS4 sells 7 million; Infamous sold 1 million day 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

Will post link

http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

Sony's doing well, damn

#2 Posted by GravityX (677 posts) -

Scooting all the way to the bank.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25187 posts) -

Holy shit, that turnaround since the PS3 is fantastic. Congrats Sony.

Now get your other system in shape.

#4 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9259 posts) -

And Sony didnt even have to try sleezy desperate tactics to sell units and their game unlike that other company...............

#5 Posted by Bren128 (2352 posts) -

Good timing on Infamous.

#6 Edited by lostrib (31462 posts) -

what are these numbers based on?

#7 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2562 posts) -

I knew Infamous was going to do well. What I don't understand is how I couldn't find a Gamestop doing a midnight launch in a 100 mile radius from where I was in N.C. Or where I live in Michigan. GameStop needs 100 preorders to host a midnight launch and most stores said they weren't close. Titanfall had a midnight launch the week before there and I don't think there were anywhere near 100 people there. I'm not one for conspiracies but this makes me wonder.

#8 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6414 posts) -

And Sony didnt even have to try sleezy desperate tactics to sell units and their game unlike that other company...............

Yeah no price cuts that are kept out of the press

#9 Edited by GravityX (677 posts) -

And selling in like 30 more markets doesn't hurt.

#10 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9955 posts) -

Not a reliable source at all :/

#11 Edited by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Like they did last gen. The PS4 is $100 cheaper so.

#12 Edited by ankor77 (932 posts) -

I wouldnt call giving away a game sleezy...Its good for us! Not to mention price cuts, why complain?

#13 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3700 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

I wouldnt call giving away a game sleezy...Its good for us! Not to mention price cuts, why complain?

#14 Posted by ankor77 (932 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: Forgot to reply. Nengo_flows comment "And Sony didnt even have to try sleezy desperate tactics to sell units and their game unlike that other company..............." If dropping the price even if unofficial and giving away a game is wrong, then I dont want to be right!

#15 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

@ankor77 said:

@CrownKingArthur: Forgot to reply. Nengo_flows comment "And Sony didnt even have to try sleezy desperate tactics to sell units and their game unlike that other company..............." If dropping the price even if unofficial and giving away a game is wrong, then I dont want to be right!

Preach!

#16 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3700 posts) -

@ankor77: haha of course. i should have ctrl+f'd.

#17 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -
#18 Posted by dreamdude (4609 posts) -
#19 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3164 posts) -

Insiderp is a dodgy source, but if lemmings can use Pete Dodd and VGcharts to claim the Xbone sold a million off Tituhfuhh and Tituhfuhh sold a million copies, I can use this. Thanks!

#20 Posted by Kjranu (767 posts) -

March NPD and lems?

#21 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

terrible source

#22 Posted by darkspineslayer (19346 posts) -

Well deserved, well deserved. Maybe we can look forward to more in the InFamous series now, since they can sure as hell go anywhere with a power of stealing powers.

#23 Posted by Gue1 (9094 posts) -

the domination has won.

#24 Posted by stereointegrity (10675 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

March NPD and lems?

Why can't I stops laughing

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (54348 posts) -

Well deserved success (although inFamous sales are obviously inflated by the lack of compelling exclusive alternatives) for Sony and Sucker Punch =)

#26 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3665 posts) -

Well i suppose it is to be expected given the lack of compelling games, that being said i think this is an opportunity for Sony to re introduce new PS4 owners to TLOU n Puppeteer.

#27 Posted by ratchet_usa (350 posts) -

@tyloss: Neither will nintendo or microsoft ever accomplish such a amazing goal. PS4=The fastest selling $400 in the history.

Sony is ballinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn'....

#28 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Very sketchy "source" at best. If you can find one that doesn't have a track record of being very inconsistent then please PM me and we can reopen this.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Insiderp is a dodgy source, but if lemmings can use Pete Dodd and VGcharts to claim the Xbone sold a million off Tituhfuhh and Tituhfuhh sold a million copies, I can use this. Thanks!

Two wrongs do not make a right.