IN 1 DAY!
TOKYO, Nov. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the highly anticipated launch of the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system resulted in
1 million units sold through during the first 24 hours after it became available on November 15, 2013 in the United States and Canada.
"PS4™ was designed with an unwavering commitment to gamers, and we are thrilled that consumer reaction has been so phenomenal," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. "Sales remain very strong in North America, and we expect continued enthusiasm as we launch the PlayStation 4 in Europe and Latin America on November 29. We are extremely grateful for the passion of PlayStation fans and thank them for their continued support."
- Playstation 4 - 24hr - over 1 million console sold
- PS2 took 3 days to ship 1 million units,
- Wii U - 1 week(168hr) - 400 000 console sold
- Wii - 8 days(192hr) - 600 000 console sold
- Playstation 3 - 2 months - 1 million console sold
- Xbox 360 - 2 weeks - 326,000 console sold
- It should Pass the Wii U within a few weeks (1.75m NA) 1.39M sold through.
Say what you want about the games, But PS4 will be breaking records regardless.
Shuhei Yoshida @yosp 7m
PS4 has sold through over 1 million units within 24 hours of the launch in North America!!! :D
Adam Boyes @amboyes
Thanks to all of you gamers in getting us to 1,000,000 sales of #PS4 in our first 24 hours!