PS4 sales have surpassed 5.3m | As of Feb 8th

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by bforrester420 (1363 posts) -

@tlgersuperman said:

@Bren128 said:

But But But But......................da PS4 has released in more countries

But it did...

The PS4 is more popular in more countries. Don't you remember last gen how the rest of the globe saved the PS3 from being curb-stomped by the 360? Why would microsoft divert stock from their strong regions (all 3 of them) to regions where they sell poorly?

Microsoft could release in Japan, for example, and that might add 56 more consoles to their global sales total, but will it make any meaningful difference?

#102 Posted by Alcapello (779 posts) -

Time to celebrate.

#103 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3686 posts) -

At this point getting a PS4 has turned into a fad... It's popularity will only rise. Everybody waiting for more stock to arrive only makes even more people wait for more stock to arrive. Since if it is selling so well, it must be the greatest thing ever... right? I wouldn't be surprised if SONY is actually restraining the product numbers they ship to not oversaturate the market (ala X1) and keep hype very high. The best free advertisement SONY can give themselves is the constant "sold out everywhere" campaign. It's like a furniture store that says "closing soon, everything must go!" It makes it even more appealing... even if that store has had that sign there for 3 years... It appears that SONY caught lightning in a bottle yet once again. I really didn't think it would happen like this, and after the surprise the Wii wound up being, I am truly stunned this is happening.

I am happy to see the PlayStation brand break out from its abysmal 3rd console curse, and I hope that the X1 continues its success and doesn't slump like the PS3 did. The WiiU is baffling me a bit though... maybe the price is a bit too high still? It has an already great library of games with a lot of good ones releasing soon.

Competition breeds innovation, so I am all for them all going head to head and having great success. The PS4's early lead will no doubt make MS pour more into game development being a win/win situation for me. I got the X1 mainly for exclusives, so bring it on.

#104 Edited by Speak_Low (945 posts) -

Sales would fall off a cliff, they say

#105 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15970 posts) -

I believe I remember that they were looking to sell 5M consoles by March, so the exceeded their expectations.

And they continue to sell every console they can make, so the demand is still very high.

#106 Posted by jsmoke03 (12756 posts) -

@Bren128 said:

But But But But......................da PS4 has released in more countries

But it did...

if it diverted all the supplies from those countries and limited it to the biggest markets, it would probably be just as close to the numbers they have. the demand is there.

#107 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@tormentos said:

So the xbox one is barely at 3.2 million with January sales,and the PS4 is at 5.3 a more than 2 million lead in before its 3rd month and with a huge shortage...

I was right yet again...

Japan next week should put those sales over 6 millions,that is 1 million more than sony own targets sales for March 31..lol

This is devastating news for lems like StormyJoe, blackace, and kuu2. They must be on suicide watch by now. They are avoiding this thread like the plague lol.

#108 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9130 posts) -

So they are over 1 month ahead of their sales projection. This is freaken great!

#109 Posted by tormentos (17103 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

That's the top of the console you orientationally-challenged muppet

Yes i'm a closet lemming that's why i own an Xbox One and brag about how awesome Xbone is all the time, wait no i don't do either of those things ever, hmmm.

You'll never own one, because you care more about talking about it on forums than actually playing the device, you're a fanboy in it's purest form, completely irrational love for a piece of plastic and completely irrational hate for all things in competition with that piece of plastic.

Maybe you should stop been so anal about anything PS4 and play something at least,oh wait i forgot the PS4 doesn't have a single game..Roll eyes.

Please dude i already told you,why i consider you a closet lemming,and since you love to single out sony fans even worse.

Any way what the hell does you not using your PS4 is even relevant to a sales thread you blind biased fanboy..?

Oh yeah is call been buthurt,by the way the only thing that screen prove is you need to clean your house more..lol

They would have mentioned 5 million or more sold in the conference 2 days ago as it was an investor promise in their projections. Those are most likely shipped numbers. Which is still good but people on this site like to claim random things without getting all the information.

No sony has been talking of PS4 numbers as sold to consumers,either way even if it was shipped to retailers,there is no point there are no PS4 to sell at retailers,Amazon got several and run out by the next day,so have several stores,so yeah if you ship to retailers 5.3 million units and retailers are out of units yeah you sold them.

@shawn30 said:

The one isn't a simple gaming console and there is no reason to sell it in countries where the features aren't enabled or don't work properly. Its not about Tier, its about voice navigation and television resolution difference overseas. They have to get it right before they launch. As for Titanfall, after playing it and talking to others who have played it, it will move Xbox One systems. Just wait till that marketing campaign starts. It will be everywhere. The game has the quality and long term appeal to sell. No one game shoves a system past a competition. It takes a number of them.

As for the likely end of console cycle being a 10-15 system difference, I agree with that.

The xbox one as a media player sucks in EU,it doesn't even have respect for the damn pal signal...lol

So if the excuse was not releasing because the features don't work well UK and several parts of EU should have not seen an xbox one.Dude what marketing campaign.? Those are been done already Titanfall will not change anything much like Halo didn't.

@tormentos said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Very impressive numbers. This is the track they need to be on to get investors back.

Investors=money=studios=games that are not indies.

FlopFamous Son of Mom will be the next big test for the Quad.

We already know MS will kill March with the Holy Grail from Respawn Ent.

Meanwhile the xbox one is 3rd,and rumors about been sold are louder than ever....hahahaha

I like how you only choose to listen to the rumors that benefit your argument. Typical Tormentos.

Considering how on the spot most rumors have been since the first leaks of the xbox one on 2012,i would be very worry about it.

#110 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2405 posts) -

yeah yeah that's great and all, but i'm getting tired of waiting for all of the good games to come out.

#111 Posted by tormentos (17103 posts) -

@tormentos said:

So the xbox one is barely at 3.2 million with January sales,and the PS4 is at 5.3 a more than 2 million lead in before its 3rd month and with a huge shortage...

I was right yet again...

Japan next week should put those sales over 6 millions,that is 1 million more than sony own targets sales for March 31..lol

This is devastating news for lems like StormyJoe, blackace, and kuu2. They must be on suicide watch by now. They are avoiding this thread like the plague lol.

Hahahah yep specially Stormyjoe which predicted the xbox one to outsell the PS4 by years end..lol

And has been accounting shipped units seating in warehouses all over the globe as sold in an attend to say the difference was 300,000 hahaha....

#112 Posted by Snugenz (11816 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

That's the top of the console you orientationally-challenged muppet

Yes i'm a closet lemming that's why i own an Xbox One and brag about how awesome Xbone is all the time, wait no i don't do either of those things ever, hmmm.

You'll never own one, because you care more about talking about it on forums than actually playing the device, you're a fanboy in it's purest form, completely irrational love for a piece of plastic and completely irrational hate for all things in competition with that piece of plastic.

Maybe you should stop been so anal about anything PS4 and play something at least,oh wait i forgot the PS4 doesn't have a single game..Roll eyes.

Please dude i already told you,why i consider you a closet lemming,and since you love to single out sony fans even worse.

Any way what the hell does you not using your PS4 is even relevant to a sales thread you blind biased fanboy..?

Oh yeah is call been buthurt,by the way the only thing that screen prove is you need to clean your house more..lol

I've played a few games on my PS4 now all that's left is multiplats which are superior on my much more powerful PC, so yes i've nothing to play on my PS4 atm.

I single out Sony fanboys (not Sony fans which are fine) like you because you lot are the biggest morons out of all the fanboy groups, closely followed by lemmings but still in a league of your own.

No butthurt here buddy, just a few giggles at you fighting the good fight over a piece of plastic as usual, one you don't even own haha.

Poor guy. Maybe i could employ you to clean my house, would get you closer to finally owning a PS4, ofc we both know you don't actually care about owning one just aslong as you can talk it up on the internet you'll be good.

#113 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

They are absolutely going to sell out in Japan. Pent up demand for a new system. They will sell as many units as they have manufactured for launch.

#114 Edited by tormentos (17103 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

I've played a few games on my PS4 now all that's left is multiplats which are superior on my much more powerful PC, so yes i've nothing to play on my PS4 atm.

I single out Sony fanboys (not Sony fans which are fine) like you because you lot are the biggest morons out of all the fanboy groups, closely followed by lemmings but still in a league of your own.

No butthurt here buddy, just a few giggles at you fighting the good fight over a piece of plastic as usual, one you don't even own haha.

Poor guy. Maybe i could employ you to clean my house, would get you closer to finally owning a PS4, ofc we both know you don't actually care about owning one just aslong as you can talk it up on the internet you'll be good.

No you single out sony fans because you are a blind fanboy that defend the xbox one,if the PS4 had no games you should have done like me wait until more games arrives,if not like the launch line up was a secret it has been know for quite some time,the xbox one is in even worse position,yet you say sh**,well basically because you are a fanboy.

A Fanboy is a fanboy there is no this group is worse than this one.

Lets see you enter a thread about sales of PS4 hardware and compliant your PS4 has nothing to play so it is collecting dust,yeah that scream i am butthurt big time.

Maybe you should hire some one to clean that filth in your house,i work downloading cargo from boats i make from $30 to $46 dollars an hour,i don't think i need your help to get one,oh wait if i don't buy something on launch that means i am broke,i wonder how the fu** i was able to buy a PS3 on launch with games,which was even more expensive than the $500 xbox one..lol

The games i want are not there,hell the PS3 had a incredible 2013,i can still play my PS3 without problems and without having to spent $400 if at least it was backward compatible i would at least own one,like my launch PS3 was.

I play it safe this gen i was a 360,PS3 and wii owner since day 1,this gen games are not there yet,maybe i am a little smarter than you.

#115 Edited by Snugenz (11816 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

No you single out sony fans because you are a blind fanboy that defend the xbox one,if the PS4 had no games you should have done like me wait until more games arrives,if not like the launch line up was a secret it has been know for quite some time,the xbox one is in even worse position,yet you say sh**,well basically because you are a fanboy.

A Fanboy is a fanboy there is no this group is worse than this one.

Lets see you enter a thread about sales of PS4 hardware and compliant your PS4 has nothing to play so it is collecting dust,yeah that scream i am butthurt big time.

Maybe you should hire some one to clean that filth in your house,i work downloading cargo from boats i make from $30 to $46 dollars an hour,i don't think i need your help to get one,oh wait if i don't buy something on launch that means i am broke,i wonder how the fu** i was able to buy a PS3 on launch with games,which was even more expensive than the $500 xbox one..lol

The games i want are not there,hell the PS3 had a incredible 2013,i can still play my PS3 without problems and without having to spent $400 if at least it was backward compatible i would at least own one,like my launch PS3 was.

I play it safe this gen i was a 360,PS3 and wii owner since day 1,this gen games are not there yet,maybe i am a little smarter than you.

Wow, i think i may have upset you, you gonna go hug your PS3 till everythings better?. One thing, i never said the PS4 had no games, i said i have no more games to play on my PS4, big difference, though knowing you it's understandable how you couldn't grasp such a simple concept.

Btw, link me to all these supposed posts i've made defending the Xbone, i keep hearing from supercows that i do this yet i don't remember doing it at all.

#116 Edited by heretrix (37310 posts) -

Great. Slow clap and all of that, now where are the fucking games?

#117 Posted by Snugenz (11816 posts) -

@heretrix said:

Watch out, Tormentos doesn't appreciate anyone talking about the PS4's games (or lack thereof) in a PS4 sales thread, it interrupts his fapping session i think.

#118 Edited by vitonemesis (3142 posts) -

I'm so glad XBone is flopping. After all the crap they tried to pull, I'm glad they are paying for it.

#119 Posted by heretrix (37310 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@heretrix said:

Watch out, Tormentos doesn't appreciate anyone talking about the PS4's games (or lack thereof) in a PS4 sales thread, it interrupts his fapping session i think.

Fuck that noise. I know the games are coming but I haven't seen much that has me excited yet.

#120 Posted by Snugenz (11816 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Snugenz said:

@heretrix said:

Fuck that noise. I know the games are coming but I haven't seen much that has me excited yet.

I'm hopeful for Infamous:SS but other than that, Destiny is the biggest reason i got a console this gen.

#121 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I see PS4's wildly successful launch is causing some butthurt in this thread lol.

#122 Posted by ni6htmare01 (917 posts) -

Great numbers! More sell mean more support from developers in future! keep it up!

#123 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21538 posts) -

Holy shit

#124 Posted by Lionheart08 (15345 posts) -

Hoping Sony delivers at E3 and actually capitalize on all this buzz.

#125 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

This generation is starting to look lopsided.

#126 Edited by Giancar (19050 posts) -

The PS4 will be the console to go this gen, easily.

Now, just wait to the wave of games incoming. =D

#127 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

This is the end of Xbox and pc gaming. PlayStation gaming has taken over the industry, yet again.

#128 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

This is great news. If it continues to sell like the ps2 we could have a ton of games coming out. Let's hope it doesn't take too long for this to happen.

#129 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

where are the games

#130 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

You could of said the same thing about the PS 4 NA release. This is Japan even if they didn't release any games the PS 4 would still sell like hot cakes.

#131 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

Not bad. If Xbox got over 4 then it still a intense race

#132 Edited by super600 (30304 posts) -

@super600:

I can see them selling 1 million very fast,but i don't think they will have that to ship in japan maybe 500,000 which is enogh to put the ps4 over 6 million considering that sales in NA and europe will keep coming in.

The Ps4 will be like the PS3 in terms of sales in japan and maybe slightly better than the ps3.

#133 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2525 posts) -

MS already released the xbone in all the key markets where the 360 put up decent to excellent numbers and the PS4 is already ahead of it in ALL of those markets. It's obvious that lead is growing too. The rest of the markets MS launches in will barely make a difference because those markets are places where the xbox brand is not popular (Japan for example).

I'm guessing MS will see if Titanfall is a system seller or not. If the PS4 beats it again in the March NPD numbers then I fully expect a $400 kinect free xbone before E3 or during their E3 press conference. MS should have really did everything possible to make sure they kept their dominance in the U.S. and UK. They are being easily outsold by the PS4 in the UK and they better hope that the January NPD doesn't become the norm.

Congrats to Sony...big turnaround from their horrible PS3 launch. Can only imagine how the sells will be when the shortages stop and the exclusives are rolling out. Infamous SS should do some pretty decent numbers.

#134 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8764 posts) -

Damn that's pretty crazy considering it has the worst line up of the three...

I'll probably end up getting one, but it's going to take a good while at this rate for it to have enough content for it to be considered at this point.

#135 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13423 posts) -

I'll probably end up getting one, but it's going to take a good while at this rate for it to have enough content for it to be considered at this point.

Personally I give the WiiU lineup a 6/10.

#136 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@super600:

I can see them selling 1 million very fast,but i don't think they will have that to ship in japan maybe 500,000 which is enogh to put the ps4 over 6 million considering that sales in NA and europe will keep coming in.

The Ps4 will be like the PS3 in terms of sales in japan and maybe slightly better than the ps3.

#137 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

The PS4 destroyed the xbone since july of last year. This is just icing on the cake.

#138 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8764 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

Personally I give the WiiU lineup a 6/10.

Personally I give the PS4 Lineup a 2/10. It has no games of interest now and one announced for its entire future so far.

Wii U has 5 great titles released and 4 of interest coming out.

Of course this is all opinions so whatever, but it's hard to say the PS4 library isn't tremendously bleak at the moment. It's going to get the games in the future and when it does, I'm all aboard. But for now, it's a waste of money and space IMHO.

#139 Posted by MonsieurX (29510 posts) -

@juarbles said:

The PS4 destroyed the xbone since july of last year. This is just icing on the cake.

Since July?

LOL

#140 Edited by super600 (30304 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@super600:

So do you really think that the PS4 will sell over 2 million per year in japan?The PS4 will probably sell as well as the Wii did last gen in japan which is barely above 10 million,bbut I could see the ps4 selling below 10 million in japan.

#141 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@Snugenz said:

@heretrix said:

so it's purely down to taste then?

#142 Edited by TheWalkingGhost (5117 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

LMAO! Why you mad?

#143 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -
#144 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@super600 said:

@tyloss said:

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@super600:

So do you really think that the PS4 will sell over 2 million per year in japan?The PS4 will probably sell as well as the Wii did last gen in japan which is barely above 10 million,bbut I could see the ps4 selling below 10 million in japan.

No, I see the Playstation 4 selling more.

PS3 did roughly 10 million. The Playstation 4 will be bigger. I think I remember reading somewhere that preorders filled up within 20 minutes of availability for the console.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lifetime PS4 sales exceeded 15 million.

#145 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

LMAO! Why you mad?

GRRR SO ANGRY! I better go smash all my xbox consoles!

#146 Edited by TheWalkingGhost (5117 posts) -
#147 Edited by super600 (30304 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@super600 said:

@tyloss said:

@super600 said:

@tormentos said:

@super600:

No, I see the Playstation 4 selling more.

PS3 did roughly 10 million. The Playstation 4 will be bigger. I think I remember reading somewhere that preorders filled up within 20 minutes of availability for the console.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lifetime PS4 sales exceeded 15 million.

The console and handheld market has contracted significantly in japan.The PS4 will struggle to get higher numbers than the Wii in japan no matter how great the console is.

#148 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5117 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

LMAO! Why you mad?

No, give them to me. Mine broke.

#149 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -
#150 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@TheWalkingGhost said:

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

LMAO! Why you mad?

No, give them to me. Mine broke.

I actually never owned any xbox consoles :P